Thread: Bible Trumpers

Bible Trumpers

In his editorial New Rule, Bill thanks Donald Trump for exposing his evangelical Christian supporters as the shameless hypocrites they've always been.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

A lot of Evangelicals are against Trump.
    Stop believing stupid things

I am a Christian who is against Trump, for many reasons, moral to political.

He did expose a good number of evangelicals as hypocrites. But I've never seen a Republican candidate with as huge of a contingent of evangelicals who very vocally refuse to support him. And many of those who do support him are only voting against Hillary and not for him.

I see a lot of stories that talk about Trump's support from evangelicals and I think they overstate it.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 11-05-2016 at 09:52 AM.

"evangelicals" are not really a monolithic group like people in the press tend to claim. There only seem to be a certain type who are supporting him, the type who like to be on camera:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ligant View Post
    He does give a shout out at the end to Mormons for being #NeverTrump...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    A lot of Evangelicals are against Trump.
    yes, but they'll vote for him anyway.

next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I am a Christian who is against Trump, for many reasons, moral to political.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trey Smith reminds me of Heath Ledger's joker. But he and a few other religious leaders are predicting a Trump victory. Some equate Trump to the reincarnation of King Cyrus. Don't kill the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Don't kill the messenger.
    Right. You're just the messenger. It's not like you actually support Trump or call libertarians cucks or anything.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Right. You're just the messenger. It's not like you actually support Trump or call libertarians cucks or anything.
    I don't talk to God. This is a seemingly unverified, unscientific claim on their part. But we're going to find out if they are accurate.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-05-2016 at 10:36 AM.

This is one of the main reasons why I have never liked the religious right, the shameless partisanship. Donald Trump could care less about the "values" issues, he is just playing them up because he knows he needs them to get elected. It is the only reason why he chose Mike Pence as his running mate, if not for that he would have probably chosen someone like Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie. I read an article not too long ago by a self described conservative Christian named Erick Erickson that really did a good job describing this hypocrisy and partisanship. I wish I could remember where I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry C View Post
    This is one of the main reasons why I have never liked the religious right, the shameless partisanship. Donald Trump could care less about the "values" issues, he is just playing them up because he knows he needs them to get elected. It is the only reason why he chose Mike Pence as his running mate, if not for that he would have probably chosen someone like Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie. I read an article not too long ago by a self described conservative Christian named Erick Erickson that really did a good job describing this hypocrisy and partisanship. I wish I could remember where I found it.
    His site is The Resurgent:

Reconsidering My Opposition to Trump

I've been called a lot of things, but never a shameless hippocrates.

Just another Christian basher....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry C View Post
    Erick Erickson is below deplorable. He's a RINO neoconservative who certainly doesn't speak for conservative Christians. If he's right on anything, it's probably an accident.

Mike Pence is also a neoconservative, championed and mentored by Bill Kristol. At least he is more fiscally conservative than most neocons.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I think the poster boy for evangelicals supporting Trump is Jerry Falwell Jr.

But since when has he ever been looked at as any kind of influential evangelical leader or representative of evangelical thought?

Yeah, sure, like it or not, his dad really was. But the only reason Falwell Jr. is being paraded around as that today is because the media wants to blame evangelicals for supporting Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Bill Maher Pledges $1 Million to Obama-Backing Super PAC [/SIZE]
    newsfeed.time.com/2012/.../bill-maher-pledges-1-million-to-obama-backing-super-pa...
    I doubt this was Maher's money. I think Yahoo! used him for the elevated visibility of the donation. He was getting some bogus award from them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Erick Erickson is below deplorable. He's a RINO neoconservative who certainly doesn't speak for conservative Christians. If he's right on anything, it's probably an accident.
    In that case this must be quite a significant accident, I wasn't saying he is a saint here but he is much more principled at least on this particular issue than various other religious right leaders like Jerry Falwell Jr have been. As for Pence, I already knew he was a neocon the establishment republicans wouldn't have made Trump have him as his running mate if that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    "evangelicals" are not really a monolithic group like people in the press tend to claim. There only seem to be a certain type who are supporting him, the type who like to be on camera:
    This is very insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trey Smith reminds me of Heath Ledger's joker. But he and a few other religious leaders are predicting a Trump victory. Some equate Trump to the reincarnation of King Cyrus. Don't kill the messenger.
    What sort of "Christians" are non-ironically arguing for 'reincarnation?'

It's not that Mormons are particularly virtuous, they're just loyal to their own brand, Mitt Romney and Evan McMullin. No improvement the top two... Hillary Trumpleberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again