Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies.. Here Is Why 99% Of Guys Don't Approach You

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Those evil wommenz hold back the men.

Like I said, we get it.

I'm really happy he's not a miserable woman hating RPFer.
    Amen. It is indeed weird, and sad, iyam.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    1. found mine doing stuff I enjoy doing
    2. found out she was intelligent and fun enough to be my best friend
    3. my MIL is awesome
    4. it doesn't feel like much of a commitment when you actually like each other.
    Your post is lika a breath of fresh air on this thread.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post

It's not that all women are bad, it's the percentages that have been declining as well as the consequences for men choosing a poor partner that have increased. It's all about risk/reward.

I think the OP is interesting because the left has demonized the PUA culture for men very heavily in the last few years or so. While PUA guys are not always the best people, you can't collectivize and say they are all bad. And in most cases, their clientele are not PUAs, or guys who are going around having a lot of sex with women. Generally their clientele are men who have a very difficult time approaching or socializing with women and have a poor track record of attracting them romantically. Certainly some techniques taught can by criticized individually, but for the most part these are classes to help men meat, socialize and attract women sexually.

The OP is just like a PUA class for women, except for instead of being about how to approach men it is how to create a situation where you are more approachable so that the common man, who aren't all players, might approach you because the guys who are best at approaching otherwise or in more difficult situations will do it and they are mostly all players.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-16-2018 at 03:43 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's not that all women are bad, it's the percentages that have been declining as well as the consequences for men choosing a poor partner that have increased. It's all about risk/reward.

I think the OP is interesting because the left has demonized the PUA culture for men very heavily in the last few years or so. While PUA guys are not always the best people, you can't collectivize and say they are all bad. And in most cases, their clientele are not PUAs, or guys who are going around having a lot of sex with women. Generally their clientele are men who have a very difficult time approaching or socializing with women and have a poor track record of attracting them romantically. Certainly some techniques taught can by criticized individually, but for the most part these are classes to help men meat, socialize and attract women sexually.

The OP is just like a PUA class for women, except for instead of being about how to approach men it is how to create a situation where you are more approachable so that the common man, who aren't all players, might approach you because the guys who are best at approaching otherwise or in more difficult situations will do it and they are mostly all players.
    PUA? I had to look that up… Pick up artist?

As far as demonization of the "PUA" culture... Well, I wouldn't say they are all bad people. But I'm sure you wouldn't like what I think… because I have a drastically different point of view (and worldview.) But that's probably a topic for another thread anyway.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

As far as demonization of the "PUA" culture... Well, I wouldn't say they are all bad people. But I'm sure you wouldn't like what I think… because I have a drastically different point of view (and worldview.) But that's probably a topic for another thread anyway.
    It doesn't matter what you think of guys who are good at picking up copious amounts of girls - the point is that they are good at it, women react positively to them and so they are in the best position to teach clientele who are unable to attract women romantically. So they take the classes from men who are successful at doing so, so that they can become more proficient as well with the hopes of finding a romantic partner.

If you don't like men who are good at picking up copious amounts of girls, don't blame those men, or worse, men in general - blame the real culprit, the women who are sleeping with them. If women tended to be romantically attracted to and sleep with men who you claim to be good men, then those men would teach these classes to help other men attract women and men would act like what you say you think men should act like.

But the truth is, and this is totally proveable - if men acted the way you think they should, they would not be successful at attracting romantic partners and they would not be happy. We know this to be true because if they were able to do so they would be in the best position to be teaching classes to men on how to romantically attract women, and according to you, they are not.

This is the lesson that men have learned collectively over the last few decades, what women say they want and what women actually want are most often completely different things.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-16-2018 at 04:43 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Been married to the same woman for 41 years. I can't imagine life without her.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post

Congratulations Cap!

/end thread
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

They have a website for men who hate women now, so they can go off and sulk together about the 'woeman' keeping 'em down--etc... It's really a shame because they take other sad sack stories and morph them into their own. Then go around with a chip on their shoulder. It really is the worst kind of group-think there is.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

That is easy for you to say, I bet you got married when woemen were still women. Amiright? now they are mostly out to get you, I tell you at least 50% of em are not out to find a good man, just a man to use, abuse, divorce so they can get into the market again at an older and older age. Maybe with kids cos we all know that is what woemen nowadays want

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They have a website for men who hate women now, so they can go off and sulk together about the 'woeman' keeping 'em down--etc... It's really a shame because they take other sad sack stories and morph them into their own. Then go around with a chip on their shoulder. It really is the worst kind of group-think there is.
    I use to visit some of those websites and youtube channels for about a month or so and I have to say that it has a lot in common with the anti police vibe we see around here. Yes, there are some really awful stories of women royally fu^king guys up, cheating, saddling em with child support of kids that don't belong to them, taking half of their income etc etc. And just like with the police, this new powers have come from the govt but with all that said. These really awful stories are just a small minority of the encounters with women.

But these stories are traded around and hyped up by some to scare the new generation of men away from women. Luckily it isn't working, all my friends are happily married, most of my coworkers are in relationships, looking, married or about to be married and this silly idea of the devilish woemen is foreign to them. Just as people will continue to call the police when they are in danger, straight men will continue to seek female companionship(not just sex) when they are lonely.

I have been with my girl for a while now and I couldn't be anymore happier. Is there a chance shes been treating well just so she can turn around in a few years to fu^k me up? maybe but it is a chance I am willing to take. And its a chance shes also willing to take cos I could easily do the same to her.

This is PUA in a nut shell for u. A some point most men graduate to the point where a woman is more than just a sex thing. They are seen as partners in life, someone to help build their legacy. Some men never graduate to that point and they only desire sexual pleasure from woemen.

I truly sympathize with men who did not mature beyond that point

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Do you realize what's going to happen in five, or ten, or twenty years when she gets tired of "pushing" him all the time?

Or what he's going to turn into after twenty years of hen pecking and "pushing"?

Do you honestly think a marriage is going to last in this day and age when all she is there for is constantly push and nag and pester to keep him going?

ETA - I know of more than a few marriages that broke up because of that.

Give it time.
    Divorce doesn't run in our family or hers. Sorry to hear that you're so down on marriage though. But statistically speaking, married men earn more, are less likely to end up in prison, and live longer. Their children are also do better in life.

And men aren't the only partners who complain about sex, money or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I use to visit some of those websites and youtube channels for about a month or so and I have to say that it has a lot in common with the anti police vibe we see around here. Yes, there are some really awful stories of women royally fu^king guys up, cheating, saddling em with child support of kids that don't belong to them, taking half of their income etc etc. And just like with the police, this new powers have come from the govt but with all that said. These really awful stories are just a small minority of the encounters with women.

But these stories are traded around and hyped up by some to scare the new generation of men away from women. Luckily it isn't working, all my friends are happily married, most of my coworkers are in relationships, looking, married or about to be married and this silly idea of the devilish woemen is foreign to them. Just as people will continue to call the police when they are in danger, straight men will continue to seek female companionship(not just sex) when they are lonely.

I have been with my girl for a while now and I couldn't be anymore happier. Is there a chance shes been treating well just so she can turn around in a few years to fu^k me up? maybe but it is a chance I am willing to take. And its a chance shes also willing to take cos I could easily do the same to her.
    The hate is going to eat them alive and it is sad how much of life they are truly missing. We all make up our own destiny.

One of my favorite Garth Brooks songs:

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    LOL - politics makes strange bedfellows. Here I am in a group hug with Donna, Lily and Jules.

This whole idea that women don't add anything to a marriage is ridiculous. I hate anecdotal evidence but my son and his wife.....she's giving up a career to follow him around the country (maybe the world) and raise their kid(s). He'd still be the night manager at a sub shop if she hadn't told him he needed to get serious about life. Right now they're best friends sharing adventures.

Of course it's true that their relationship will change. The old saying "familiarity breeds contempt" comes from that. But at my age, the most bitter and unhappy people that I see in real life (not on the internet) are older and single....usually divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It doesn't matter what you think of guys who are good at picking up copious amounts of girls - the point is that they are good at it, women react positively to them and so they are in the best position to teach clientele who are unable to attract women romantically. So they take the classes from men who are successful at doing so, so that they can become more proficient as well with the hopes of finding a romantic partner.

If you don't like men who are good at picking up copious amounts of girls, don't blame those men, or worse, men in general - blame the real culprit, the women who are sleeping with them. If women tended to be romantically attracted to and sleep with men who you claim to be good men, then those men would teach these classes to help other men attract women and men would act like what you say you think men should act like.

But the truth is, and this is totally proveable - if men acted the way you think they should, they would not be successful at attracting romantic partners and they would not be happy. We know this to be true because if they were able to do so they would be in the best position to be teaching classes to men on how to romantically attract women, and according to you, they are not.

This is the lesson that men have learned collectively over the last few decades, what women say they want and what women actually want are most often completely different things.
    It seems this post is full of logic!

ETA - By the way, I'm sorry if this is upsetting to you, I really am.

Honestly, there are several emotions in play here, but mad isn't one of them.

I both hate women, and have been married to one for 17 years.
    I reset my priorities when I was in my mid-20s, stopped looking for a long term $#@! buddy, and started looking for a wife.
    They're not hard to find. There is generally at least 1 unclaimed wife per 10 people at any given church.
    They just happen to come with traits that most young men consider baggage. So young men are as much to blame for their lot as are women.

I don't think I've made it a secret that I go to a Russian Orthodox church. The funny thing is, I can point to I think 5 couples (in a parish with 70 members) where it's quite obvious that the woman was a mail-order bride. Obvious because the husband is neither Orthodox nor Russian.
    He still gets his ass dragged to church, though, in every one of those cases.
    Yet they are seemingly happy marriages.

If there are women on the other side of the globe who are content to marry people with whom they might have linguistic barriers, simply on the chance of getting a husband who will accept that "baggage", imagine how much easier it would be to find someone for a young man who wants to be the one kicking people out of bed on Sunday morning.
    Last edited by fisharmor; 02-16-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

That is easy for you to say, I bet you got married when woemen were still women. Amiright? now they are mostly out to get you, I tell you at least 50% of em are not out to find a good man, just a man to use, abuse, divorce so they can get into the market again at an older and older age. Maybe with kids cos we all know that is what woemen nowadays want
    Simple reasoning says that if you are a good judge of character, you should be alright when it comes to selecting a mate. If you stick your d*ck into crazy, you got nobody to blame but yourself when things go south.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Divorce doesn't run in our family or hers. Sorry to hear that you're so down on marriage though. But statistically speaking, married men earn more, are less likely to end up in prison, and live longer. Their children are also do better in life.

And men aren't the only partners who complain about sex, money or anything else.
    Do they earn more because they're married, or are they married because they earn more?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's great.

On the other hand, I can't imagine life with a woman, and it's not because I hate women. I just dont feel like Im missing anything the way I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Do they earn more because they're married, or are they married because they earn more?
    I have no idea. I suspect it's a combination of things.

And there you have it, see it's just "anti woman" bashing, just like "anti-cop bashing" based on the thinnest of pretexts, with no justification whatsoever.

Pffft...

The fact of the matter is that these "stories" are not a tiny minority, but a growing segment, if not a majority yet.

Of course, the point being missed is that, while your chances may still be good that it will not happen to you, the odds are increasing that it will.

And just like the risks associated with calling cops into your life, are they worth the benefit?

Has an honest risk assessment been done?

They earn more because they BETTER.
    And they BETTER not become burned out, bitter, cynical, or haggard while doing so. And would it kill you to drink less beer? I think you're developing a problem.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    And would it kill you to drink less beer? I think you're developing a problem.
    This isn't working out. I think we should see other people.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This is PUA in a nut shell for u. A some point most men graduate to the point where a woman is more than just a sex thing. They are seen as partners in life, someone to help build their legacy. Some men never graduate to that point and they only desire sexual pleasure from woemen.

I truly sympathize with men who did not mature beyond that point
    The entire point of everything I've posted in this thread is to refute what you just said, you cherry picked some PUAs and said they are all like that and then you say that the only reason men are going to PUAs is for sex and again that is complete bull$#@!. Again, all PUAs are different, and most of the clientele are really desperate, not able to romantically attract or have sex with women AT ALL. They are rarely guys who are looking to double the rate of notches on their belt.

So PUA has very little to anything to do with treating women like sex objects, the point of it for most guys is to be able to romantically attract a woman whether it is for relationships or whatever.

Really? No! You have got to be kidding! We're so glad you told us!

That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

This isn't working out. I think we should see other people.
    You don't think I know about that young secretary you've been flirting with? My friends told me to divorce you a long time ago. I can do so much better!
    -Albert Camus

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But statistically speaking, married men earn more, are less likely to end up in prison, and live longer. Their children are also do better in life.
    The fact that children do better is true.

And there is a slight benefit for men while married.

But for men, those benefits go right in the $#@!ter, if they get divorced, which 50% of marriages end up in, and which the majority of are initiated by woemen.

Emotionally, financially and physically ruined, pushed out of the job market, forced to take on burdens that would have broken them in their 20s, they are taking their lives in numbers so great that it is skewing the entire life expectancy trend downward, for the first time in decades.

I watched two fathers in law, and my own old man, die bad deaths, and outside of comfort given by children or me, with little or no comfort and support from the woemen in their lives, that they had supported and dragged through life for decades, to be left, for all intents and purposes, to die alone.

Yeah, great bargain, that.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    You don't think I know about that young secretary you've been flirting with? My friends told me to divorce you a long time ago. I can do so much better!
    Yeah, if The Hive turns against you, yer $#@!ed.

Yeah, if The Hive turns against you, yer $#@!ed.
    I hate when you use language like that. You're scaring me. I think you should leave until you can control your temper.
    -Albert Camus

And there you have it, see it's just "anti woman" bashing, just like "anti-cop bashing" based on the thinnest of pretexts, with no justification whatsoever.

And just like the risks associated with calling cops into your life, are they worth the benefit?
    In almost any definition of the word, my husband isn't the "same" since the stroke. My grandmother had Alzheimer's but my grandfather hid it from the whole family until he died because he didn't want "them" to take her to a home. My other grandmother lost her husband when she was 40, with 9 kids still at home.

There's risk with everything.

My life would be easier if I left. His life would have been easier if he had institutionalized her. But we don't / didn't leave, because we love our partners, even though they're less than perfect.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast