Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what your donations to Gary Johnson campaign are paying for.

This is what your donations to Gary Johnson campaign are paying for.

Hyper links and everything to the new republic article. This is paid for by the GJ campaign.
    This is going to help the RP campaign greeeeat

"But unlike Paul, he is pro-choice (except for late-term abortions), pro-immigration, pro-trade and untainted by bizarre conspiracy theories that NAFTA is a prelude to the dissolution of North American borders. Nor does he have Paul’s racist newsletter baggage. His signature issue is not abolishing the Fed or returning to the gold standard. Rather, it is avoiding the impending financial collapse by cutting government spending on everything by 43 percent — Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and defense — a plan bolder than any that either party has proffered."

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/the-p...ic-libertarian
    Last edited by klamath; 04-29-2011 at 06:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    not surprised at all.. Gary Johnson is no man of principle..

liberty is not a cost-benefit analysis.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Is it alright that I feel vindicated for backing out of the Johnson-loving pretty early? I remember I originally wanted to draft him, but then I looked into him a little bit and decided that I was being an idiot.
    Last edited by nate895; 04-29-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

should be made sticky

I'm getting pretty sick of having to explain to people that Ron Paul doesn't advocate the gold standard..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

Magnificent observation my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

Ya, cost benefit analysis are great arguments, but not over-riding.

The real question is who owns you.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That racist was sure nice to Gary on Stossel, saying how he was amazed when Gary as governor of New Mexico vetoed over 700 bills, and showing real enthusiasm. I'm certain his web page won't link to those articles where Gary says one difference between him and Ron is that Gary supports 'free' trade agreements like NAFTA....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Focus on other candidates, ignore GJ who seems like a dumbo and closet neocon based on his gitmo clip also. Any of his remaining supporters who are motivated by principles would pick the right team in the end.

Bye bye GJ.
    Last edited by doodle; 04-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Ok, that settles it. Gary is COMPLETELY done for me.

Just lost any support I may have given him.....

Someone quick plaster it all over dailypaul. Those guys over there still seem to be swooning all over GJ. Anyone with an IQ above 80 and an internet connection knew from the start that a GJ candidacy would be bad for Ron Paul. Split campaign contributions, libertarian grassroot campaigners etc

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Someone quick plaster it all over dailypaul. Those guys over there still seem to be swooning all over GJ. Anyone with an IQ above 80 and an internet connection knew from the start that a GJ candidacy would be bad for Ron Paul. Split campaign contributions, libertarian grassroot campaigners etc
    Lucky for us he is not splitting anything. Is he even polling 1% yet?

Gary is not just talking about his positions, he is running a nasty campaign against Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    Ok, that settles it. Gary is COMPLETELY done for me.
    Even though it's posted on his site, it's possible GJ did not write this nor has he read it. Don't jump to conclusions.

He is in it to distroy RP in order to get RP's base.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess my question is...."why"?

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Gary is not just talking about his positions, he is running a nasty campaign against Ron Paul.
    And it has massively backfired. There are two real options for a negative campaign like this: Complete success or total failure. Johnson is in the latter.
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Even though it's posted on his site, it's possible GJ did not write this nor has he read it. Don't jump to conclusions.
    We can be pretty certain he didn't write it. However, Johnson's campaign is almost certainly too small for him to not have control over it. Johnson probably knew well that this was going up, and he had been running the race against Ron Paul since he announced practically.

Not sure if he read it, but he certainly did not write it, it says so at the top. Written for the NEWS Corps' new daily tablet magazine by Shikha Dalmia (a Reason mag writer).
    Last edited by axiomata; 04-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Hyper links and everything to the new republic article. This is paid for by the GJ campaign.
    This is going to help the RP campaign greeeeat

"But unlike Paul, he is pro-choice (except for late-term abortions), pro-immigration, pro-trade and untainted by bizarre conspiracy theories that NAFTA is a prelude to the dissolution of North American borders. Nor does he have Paul’s racist newsletter baggage. His signature issue is not abolishing the Fed or returning to the gold standard. Rather, it is avoiding the impending financial collapse by cutting government spending on everything by 43 percent — Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and defense — a plan bolder than any that either party has proffered."

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/the-p...ic-libertarian
    Nice find +rep

I don't think it is written by him, but he is going to pay someone to attack RP. It is what campaigns do. So dual donations just established more hyperlinks to very negative articles of RP. That is help RP how????

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liking GJ less and less with each passing moment. I hope no RP supporter is fooled by him. I hope no small government/libertarians/etc. are fooled by him.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Just lost any support I may have given him.....
    Ya I'm thinking about unfriending him on facebook

nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 05-13-2011 at 02:10 PM.

It was written by someone named Shikha Dalmia on a website called "The Daily":

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/04...on-dalmia-1-2/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-29-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And the Rat's tail comes out.

Hello? BamaKyFan? Can it GET any more freakin obvious?!?!?!?
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It was written by someone named Shikha Dalmia on a website called the daily:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/04...on-dalmia-1-2/
    But of all the articles comparing them this is the one he chose to put on HIS website. It's the same thing.

I posted it at daily paul.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast