Thread: Historical Prices of Bread

Historical Prices of Bread

Anyone know where I can find the historical prices of bread? I'm having a bitch of a time finding it on the googles.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yes

go to

google.com

search for

historical prices of bread

on a serious note, I am looking for a site with the price + maybe others as well.. Great thread because I would love to see this as well.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post
    yes

go to

google.com

search for

on a serious note, I am looking for a site with the price + maybe others as well.. Great thread because I would love to see this as well.
    i was getting ready to give you the middle finger. anyway, BLS.gov only has data back till 1980. I need data back up to the 60s.

Then figure it out in terms of gold.

Not historical enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Then figure it out in terms of gold.
    howz?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I get your point. But it would not be accurate because it wouldnt factor-in supply and demand that may cause the price of bread to be lower or higher.
    Last edited by danberkeley; 12-12-2008 at 02:24 PM.

yes

go to

google.com

search for

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=...rices+of+bread
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by danberkeley View Post
    howz?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I get your point. But it would not be accurate because it wouldnt factor-in supply and demand that may cause the price of bread to be lower or higher.
    Too late with the nevermind.

Gold Bullion Market Yearly Average Price (1833 - Present)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    So where do you see the price of bread for 1961 and 1971? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    F*ck it. I will just calculate the price of bread using the price of gold. It is not as if BLS.gov could possibly be more accurate.

F*ck it. I will just calculate the price of bread using the price of gold. It is not as if BLS.gov could possibly be more accurate.
    There ya go.

sweet more info....

I got side tracked into a conspiracy movie site.... listing all the google video versions of them.

I still love the "ice" market and whoever started freezing water and selling it. It is amazing what people will pay for. Some of the highest profit generating business models are based off of basic items and products themselves. Still confuses me as to why so many people are NOT wealthy seeing how easy it is to make money. Freeze water then sell it, tada! brilliant.

A bread market exists, how much does it cost to make a loaf yourself? Corner the bread market with local efforts.

So where do you see the price of bread for 1961 and 1971? Thanks.
    http://www2.census.gov/prod2/statcom...T1970p1-06.pdf

Page 31, column 3.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    Thanks! Btw, which search result # was this?

Thanks! Btw, which search result # was this?
    I had to modify the query ("If at first you don't succeed..." ). If you type something in google, before you hit enter, a drop down list will appear. I typed in prices of bread and the sixth suggestion on the list was "prices of bread over time."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=price+of+bread+over+time&btnG=Googl e+Search&aq=6&oq=%22price+of+bread+

I clicked on the third link, which took me here: http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodfaq5.html

Lots of good info on that page actually.

sweet more info....

I still love the "ice" market and whoever started freezing water and selling it. It is amazing what people will pay for. Some of the highest profit generating business models are based off of basic items and products themselves. Still confuses me as to why so many people are NOT wealthy seeing how easy it is to make money. Freeze water then sell it, tada! brilliant.

A bread market exists, how much does it cost to make a loaf yourself? Corner the bread market with local efforts.
    Indeed! I started this site to track such "things". And have been reading a bunch of material on grey markets, black markets, underground economies.. After I'm done moving I'll be expanding on the site to include more data on wider array of subjects, news, information and such...
    If anyone is interested in posting material/articles to promote their site or what not. hit me up....