Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're winning the drug war!-- Drug cartel stitches victim’s face on soccer ball

We're winning the drug war!-- Drug cartel stitches victim’s face on soccer ball

Cartel stitches victim's face on soccer ball
    Gruesome find a sign of new level of brutality in violent drug wars
    The Associated Press
    updated 6:58 p.m. ET Jan. 8, 2010
    MEXICO CITY - The body of 36-year-old Hugo Hernandez was left on the streets of Los Mochis in seven pieces as a chilling threat to members of the Juarez drug cartel. A note read: "Happy New Year, because this will be your last."

To drive home the point, the assailants skinned Hernandez's face and stitched it onto a soccer ball.

The gruesome find, confirmed Friday by Sinaloa state prosecutors, represents a new level of brutality in Mexico's drug war, in which torture and beheadings are almost daily occurrences.

Hernandez was taken to Sinaloa after being kidnapped Jan. 2 in neighboring Sonora state, in an area known for marijuana growing, said Martin Robles, a spokesman for Sinaloa prosecutors. The motive for his abduction was unclear.

His torso was found in a plastic container in one location; elsewhere another box contained his arms, legs and skull, Robles said. Hernandez's face, sewn onto a soccer ball, was left in a plastic bag near City Hall.

More than 15,000 people have been killed since President Felipe Calderon launched a crackdown on cartels three years ago. While the border cities of Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana have seen much of the violence, Sinaloa state is Mexico's drug-smuggling heartland and is the birthplace of the leadership of four of the six major cartels.

Power of intimidation
    Often, victims are tortured and mutilated, in an attempt to intimidate rivals, officials and others who might represent a threat to the cartels.

Often, it works.

In the northern city of Saltillo, a major regional newspaper announced it would stop covering drug violence altogether after the body of a reporter was found Friday outside a motel with a threatening message. Valentin Valdes had recently written about the arrests of suspected drug traffickers.

"As of today we will publish zero information related to drug trafficking to avoid situations like the one we went through today," an editor of the newspaper Zocalo told The Associated Press. Tellingly, he asked that his name not be published.

Many Mexican news media have stopped covering anything that might be associated with drugs, or limit themselves to reporting on government news releases. At least 17 journalists have been killed in Mexico since 1992 in direct reprisal for stories, according to the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists.

Valdes had written about the Dec. 29 arrests at the Marbella Motel of five alleged members of the Gulf drug cartel. He also covered the arrests Wednesday of five others who barged into the same hotel and stole the surveillance tapes.

The 28-year-old reporter was shot to death, and his body was dumped outside the Marbella Motel.

Coahuila state Attorney General Jesus Torres would not give details of the threat left with his body.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34774234...news-americas/

MSN Privacy . Legal
    © 2010 MSNBC.com
    I'll post a pic if I can find one
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now if that right there don't make you want to smoke some Mexican dope, I don't know what will.
    Seriously, don't let this story bother you, Those guys need Your business badly.
    I know, I know...
    I don't know what the $#@! I'm talking about, you got a prescription and the guy you buy from grows all his $#@! in his back yard and your knee hurts and pot cures cancer, glaucoma and when applied topically with WD-40 it has helped arthritis sufferers and its a victimless crime.
    Tell that to the dude who got his face stitched onto a soccerball.
    Oh yeah, and $#@! me, while I'm at it lol.
    Saved you the trouble.
    Last edited by Dieseler; 01-09-2010 at 06:13 AM.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    Now if that right there don't make you want to smoke some Mexican dope, I don't know what will.
    Seriously, don't let this story bother you, Those guys need Your business badly.
    I know, I know...
    I don't know what the $#@! I'm talking about, you got a prescription and the guy you buy from grows all his $#@! in his back yard and your knee hurts and pot cures cancer, glaucoma and when applied topically with WD-40 it has helped arthritis sufferers and its a victimless crime.
    Saved you the trouble.
    dude...are you high??
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

Here is a real Law Enforcement solution for that "soccer ball face-off" problem: www.leap.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Oh no! They got Wilson!

"The gruesome find, confirmed Friday by Sinaloa state prosecutors, represents a new level of brutality in Mexico's drug war, in which torture and beheadings are almost daily occurrences."

Which, of course, makes it true.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTaught View Post
    Oh no! They got Wilson!

best
    Last edited by catdd; 01-09-2010 at 10:52 AM.
    "Molon Labe"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know, I know...
    Saved you the trouble.
    Hey, apparently the dude f*d up. Nobody's fault but his own.

funny thing is- people are not getting butchered over cigerettes and beer- wonder why?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    funny thing is- people are not getting butchered over cigerettes and beer- wonder why?
    Not since 1933 anyway.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    Not since 1933 anyway.
    I wonder what happened in that year to rid us of the violence?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I wonder what happened in that year to rid us of the violence?
    FDR seized all the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote_sprit View Post
    FDR seized all the gold.
    try again.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote_sprit View Post
    FDR seized all the gold.
    LOL nice.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
    Nietzsche

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Jefferson

"The Only Church That Illuminates Is A Burning Church."
    Durruti - leader of Spanish Anarchists

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
    Orwell

Marijuana users could make it legal in 6 months time with a concerted effort, especially in this economy but they will not do what I would propose.
    Interested in the plan?
    I'm not kidding, serious as a heart attack and would really love to share.
    Last edited by Dieseler; 01-09-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Marijuana users could make it legal in 6 months time with a concerted effort, especially in this economy but they will not do what I would propose.
    Interested in the plan?
    Oil is legal, and look at all the bloodshed over that commodity.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Oil is legal, and look at all the bloodshed over that commodity.
    You can't grow appreciable quantities of oil in your back yard or your closet.

I know, I know...
    Saved you the trouble.
    alcohol prohibition??? get it?? if not smoke one and think about it

Legalize and you remove the cartel profit. haven't seen any reports lately on beheadings over coors lights or jack daniels...

Interested in the plan?
    did you say 6 months?? i bet we do in 6 months in lake county colorado

Ya, but legal for our government will not mean you can grow it in your back yard (tax/violence free anyway).
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    I'll post a pic if I can find one
    Please, no.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    did you say 6 months?? i bet we do in 6 months in lake county colorado
    Aye and I congratulate you, seriously, but what about when the next administration comes in. Until you make an effect Federally your just sitting and waiting for the hammer to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ya, but legal for our government will not mean you can grow it in your back yard (tax/violence free anyway).
    True, but it would be nice to at least get it to that point where you could have what you want and not have that soccer ball with a bloody face in the back of your mind or fear the Feds kicking your door in while you partake of that which nature has provided.

Your not going to get the government to stop taxing Cigarettes or Booze either.
    I'd just love to see people finally be able to enjoy what they like with a compromise and the plan I would propose to implement in order to get to that point would work if followed and it's a completely legal and violence free plan.

Interested in the plan?
    Well I'm not a marijuana user and this isn't on the top of my priority list, but I'd love to hear the plan!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eh....don't be too sure.

YouTube - ALGAE TO FUEL METHODS, Presented by David James

Side note. Someone had posted a video from this guy's school about biodiesal. I went to Opelika Al over the holidays. Great guy! Patriot. Awesome school. (Teaches Morse code to first graders. It forces them to listen in order to take notes. It's a k-12 school. All the kids graduate with college credit. Some make 32's on the ACT). I went to learn about biodiesal, but he says it's too expensive and you have too use too many dangerous chemicals that someone else controls the price of. (Methanol, sodium hydroxide etc). Instead he's moving to the gassification process he's talking about in the above video. He's building a 5 million dollar plant in Mobile that should be running in the next few months. Ok, you still can't grow the diesal in your back yard (unless you've got 5 mil lying around) but a community could get together and build a plant like this. Then everyone could grow their own algae (or wood chips or sewage) and take it to the plant for processing. I'll update yall later when I learn more.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well I'm not a marijuana user and this isn't on the top of my priority list, but I'd love to hear the plan!
    Cool thanks, dieing to share and I just sent it in a pm so may as well lay it out here.

Just stop buying plain and simple.

Don't feed the Beast.

If you take away the demand the Government will have to find another way to recoup the loss in revenue.
    You would first have to believe that the Government profits from Marijuana being illegal in the first place, which I do believe...
    So if you take away the potential for them to profit through bloodshed, SALES and licenses to sell, they will eventually give up and legalize and tax.

They are on the brink now in my opinion and all they need is a push to make it happen, that's why I say 6 months. It may take longer but no doubt if people would make a concerted effort all together not to BUY and not get INCARCERATED during a period of time, sooner or later The Beast would blink and users would win by virtue of being allowed to buy and use without fear of repercussion.

I know it's not the perfect solution but it beats the heck out of what we have hanging over our heads now.

You can forget it though because the buyers will not participate and thus the system will continue to prosper just as it does now.. Upon the blood of the innocent.

I run my diesels on straight vegetable oil. No need to convert to Biodiesel. Thin the oil with heat. works every time. No harsh chemicals. Just filters.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

It may take longer but no doubt if people would make a concerted effort all together not to BUY and not get INCARCERATED during a period of time, sooner or later The Beast would blink and users would win by virtue of being allowed to buy and use without fear of repercussion.

I know it's not the perfect solution but it beats the heck out of what we have hanging over our heads now.

You can forget it though because the buyers will not participate and thus the system will continue to prosper just as it does now.. Upon the blood of the innocent.

I think your plan is impossible, and I don't know why you think they might "blink". What is the reasoning for that?

Why don't you do your part and add to the legitimate local supply if it is legal to do so, medically? That certainly helps people's faces from being sewn onto soccer balls I would think.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ^I think your plan is impossible.

Why don't you do your part and add to the legitimate local supply if it is legal to do so, medically? That certainly helps people's faces from being sewn onto soccer balls I would think.
    I agree it is impossible because the buyers will not participate and thus the system will continue to prosper just as it does now
    There is no legal supply in my State.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think your plan is impossible, and I don't know why you think they might "blink". What is the reasoning for that?

I agree it is impossible because the buyers will not participate and thus the system will continue to prosper just as it does now
    I think they would blink eventually because I think they profit from the illegality.
    If you starve them of their ability to profit from that illegality then they would have to settle for whatever profit they could make by legalizing.
    Why do you think it's not legal now, lol?
    They are making huge money off of marijuana or else somebody would not have their face stitched to a soccer ball now.
    People are dying to keep these States supplied.
    Last edited by Dieseler; 01-09-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Why do you think it's not legal now, lol?
    Hemp fiber competes with cotton, timber, wool, and nylon.

Hemp seed oil competes with petroleum, and cosmetics.

Marijuana competes with Tobacco and many pharmaceuticals.

Hemp and Marijuana are easy to grow in anybody's yard and don't require a centralized production industrial center.

All the above mentioned industries hate decentralization and have powerful lobbies.

That is why Cannibis is illegal.
    Last edited by Icymudpuppy; 01-09-2010 at 11:37 PM.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast