Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment Trial

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It was more like yelling "the election was stolen!" in a crowded room.

If people riot and people die just because you yell out the "election was stolen", that's not on you.
    ^^This^^

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL watch that short Trump lawyer drink water. Every time he takes a sip he puts his hand on his head.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Look how much you let people control how you think over the years. You went from being told you have TDS to now calling others out for having TDS. Now you say I am using "Marxist" talking points since you have been conditioned to repeat that since it is trending now. Think for yourself man rather than let some pundit do it for you.

I have not tuned into the MSM so I did not get my opinion from the MSM or anyone else. I listened to Trump's own words which deep down you and I know both know it was read between the lines, wink, wink. Of course not legally actionable, but we know.

So you want to play (R) strategist here and play talking points nonsense to give your team cover and calling anyone that disagrees with opinions as TDS or "Marxist". Go ahead, but leave me out of it. I am not playing that moronic game here or anywhere. I do not need to be liked by you or any voters, since I am not running for any office or promoting any candidate or establishment party here.
    I have no problem admitting I was wrong in my assessment of Trump. I thought he was in it just to enrich himself and that he would play along with the Washington game once elected. It's why I didn't vote for him the first time. But, it turns out he was a wrecking ball. Not just the opposing party but his own HATED him because he wouldn't play along. And THAT is why I voted for him in the last election.
    I listened to his speech on the day, and in no way, shape or form did I get an inference to storm the castle.
    And right, you have no skin in the game. So what's the $#@!ing point of even dwelling on these forums?

Distort what reality since it was well known in advance these people were amped up for action. He then made a loaded speech to them when it was clear they would read between the lines. Then he covers himself from litigation by saying "peacefully" at one point. Anyone reading that speech in advance given the context would know it was you now what I really mean speech.
    Mind reading isn't a "thing"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It is not propaganda when it is the truth. They showed real video of what went down at the capital that shows the magnitude of the threat. It was interspersed with what was going on inside and outside the capital building and the timing of Trump's speech. The video makes the case against Trump.
    Sure. This should be the new standard for Kangaroo Courts. Highly produced videos showing various multiple clips put together. Maybe they can put some subliminal images in there too while they are at it. It's a great technique for associating things together.

Why waste Congressional time making movies? The prosecution could be handled by Rachel Maddow and staff, and the defense can be done by Hannity and staff. They are pretty good at these kind of videos. Jerry Springer can be the Judge. No need to bother the Chief Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    They deliberately cut off right before he says "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard". It is propaganda, because it was crafted specifically to distort reality.
    It takes selective editing to a whole new level. This whole impeachment process can become a new standard.

It will be fun. When the House has a majority different from the POTUS, they can impeach over and over again. After all, it's just a partisan vote. Totally Constitutional. It's under the "Lightning Impeachment Clause".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think these are legit questions:

Impeachment can ONLY apply to the CURRENT President. Right?

#1 - How can they LEGALLY impeach Trump if he is "NOT" the Current President? It would invalidate the proceedings.
    #2 - Does continuing with the FALSE IMPEACHMENT mean they are Admitting that Trump IS still the President?
    No. Edmund Burke helped to bring about the impeachment of Warren Hastings AFTER he had returned from India for actions taken when he was in power. Sec' of War Belknap resigns and gets Grant's signature, but is impeached anyway, he later on is let off by the U.S Senate. McConnell wanted the delay, this is why Roberts is replaced by Leahy. The trial is very real, the 3rd Article of Impeachment is very real. Both of Trump's lawyers are arguing the trial case inside their take on the Constitutionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Sure. This should be the new standard for Kangaroo Courts. Highly produced videos showing various multiple clips put together. Maybe they can put some subliminal images in there too while they are at it. It's a great technique for associating things together.

Why waste Congressional time making movies? The prosecution could be handled by Rachel Maddow and staff, and the defense can be done by Hannity and staff. They are pretty good at these kind of videos. Jerry Springer can be the Judge. No need to bother the Chief Justice.

It takes selective editing to a whole new level. This whole impeachment process can become a new standard.

It will be fun. When the House has a majority different from the POTUS, they can impeach over and over again. After all, it's just a partisan vote. Totally Constitutional. It's under the "Lightning Impeachment Clause".
    At least its still entertaining. Not as good as Trump season 1 but still good
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

We are looking into WHY there should be a trial, today.
    The case for the prosecution and the case for the defense
    have yet to likewise start in full. All of this is focused on the
    Constitutionality of the process. THEN WE ARE AT THE
    TRIAL proper. They agreed on a basic set of rules.

People died. How is any of that Trump's fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Reading between the lines is Subjective.
    Guilt by association. It should be taken on faith that if Trump gave a speech and people died (elsewhere, but within a half hour walk), then Trump is guilty.

A cop shot a person. If that person was a POC, then it would obviously mean that Trump was responsible and guilty. Even though the person was white, in this case an exception can be made, and Trump is still guilty.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The defense lawyer read a poem. Perhaps that should have been saved for a poet laureate.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look how much you let people control how you think over the years. You went from being told you have TDS to now calling others out for having TDS. Now you say I am using "Marxist" talking points since you have been conditioned to repeat since it is trending now. Think for yourself man rather than let some pundit do it for you.

I have not tuned into the MSM so I did not get my opinion from the MSM or anyone else. I listened to Trump's own words which deep down you and I both know it was read between the lines, wink, wink. Of course not legally actionable, but we know.

So you want to play (R) strategist here and play talking points nonsense to give your team cover and calling anyone that disagrees with opinions as TDS or "Marxist", go ahead, but leave me out of it. I am not playing that moronic game here or anywhere. I do not need to be liked by you or any voters, since I am not running for any office or promoting any candidate or establishment party here.
    You have displayed brainwashing to the extent you no longer believe in the 1st amendment.

That qualifies as TDS.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

#1 - How can they LEGALLY impeach Trump if he is "NOT" the Current President? It would invalidate the proceedings.
    #2 - Does continuing with the FALSE IMPEACHMENT mean they are Admitting that Trump IS still the President?
    While a former president has never been impeached, other federal officials have been impeached after they left office. And technically Trump was still president when he was impeached. The house impeaches the senate convicts.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I have no problem admitting I was wrong in my assessment of Trump. I thought he was in it just to enrich himself and that he would play along with the Washington game once elected. It's why I didn't vote for him the first time. But, it turns out he was a wrecking ball. Not just the opposing party but his own HATED him because he wouldn't play along. And THAT is why I voted for him in the last election.
    I listened to his speech on the day, and in no way, shape or form did I get an inference to storm the castle.
    And right, you have no skin in the game. So what's the $#@!ing point of even dwelling on these forums?
    Yes. The Trump wrecking ball has certainly done a number on the liberty movement. May it rest in peace.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    No. Edmund Burke helped to bring about the impeachment of Warren Hastings AFTER he had returned from India for actions taken when he was in power. Sec' of War Belknap resigns and gets Grant's signature, but is impeached anyway, he later on is let off by the U.S Senate. McConnell wanted the delay, this is why Roberts is replaced by Leahy. The trial is very real, the 3rd Article of Impeachment is very real. Both of Trump's lawyers are arguing the trial case inside their take on the Constitutionality.
    Founders rejected the British model of impeachment where they could hold a trial on literally anyone. Sec of War is an appointed civilian position, thus there is no precedent for senate trial of a former elected politician. The constitution says the senate can hold a trial for "THE President", which can only mean the current elected President.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

I didn't watch the impeachment and I have not intention of watching the trial. I watched some of the first impeachment because I think it hit on a very important question: Should a president be impeached for seeking to investigate what is clearly corruption just because the object of that investigation was a political rival? This....not so interesting. Note that the people who want to squawk TDS all day at @kahless have a problem. Thomas Massie also said that Trump's actions post the election were a "but for" cause of what happened on January 6th. And Massie voted AGAINST impeachment. The idea that January 6th was some special day where Trump could somehow be re-coronated king president was just asinine. That just wasn't going to happen. And now the facts of how embarrassingly bad the job done by Sydney Powell and Rudy Giuliani is coming to light. Like....they couldn't figure out that SmartMatic didn't own Dominion? Really? And THAT was what they were going to hang their hat on in the court of public opinion?

That said, Trump will NOT be convicted in the Senate. No way, no how. The Defense should produce their own video of Maxine Waters and Bernie Sanders and others interspersed with antifa violence. Rand's speech alone will be enough political cover for the majority of GOP senators to vote no. Rand 2024. Everyone else is just garbage.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 02-09-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yes. The Trump wrecking ball has certainly done a number on the liberty movement. May it rest in peace.
    The liberty movement has died, but in its place is the anti-leftist movement.

Far more numbers.

More driven by survival, than ideology.

10000x more likely to succeed in its goals.

Sorry but not sorry, the "liberty movement" wasn't goin anywhere.
    - Kim Kardashian

The counterargument is that Trump was impeached while he was President and that his trial shouldn't be abated simply because he's no longer in office. Otherwise, a President could commit all kinds of horrible acts just before his term expires and not risk the sanction of being forever disqualified from holding a federal office.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

The liberty movement has died, but in its place is the anti-leftist movement.

Far more numbers.

More driven by survival, than ideology.

10000x more likely to succeed in its goals.

Sorry but not sorry, the "liberty movement" wasn't goin anywhere.
    Wishful thinking.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In what way? It's not like the 'Liberty Movement' is a thing anywhere but on these forums. Oh, because he beat out Rand in the primary? Rand wasn't gonna win it anyway. I damn well know it. And you should too. There are any number of ways in which Trump worked towards Liberty. That is a reason why Rand could work with him. I've lived 56 years on this planet. And, by far, Trump was the best president that served during that time. America First is a VERY good policy. Despite the constant obstruction from BOTH the Left and the Right career politicians.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-09-2021 at 04:53 PM.

In what way? It's not like the 'Liberty Movement' is a thing anywhere but on these forums. Oh, because he beat out Rand in the primary? Rand wasn't gonna win it anyway. I damn well know it. And you should too. There are any number of ways in which Trump worked towards Liberty. That is a reason why Rand could work with him. I've lived 56 years on this planet. And, by far, Trump was the president that served during that time. Despite the constant obstruction from BOTH the Left and the Right career politicians.
    In my adult life Trump was the first President to not directly $#@! me over in some way.

He also cut income taxes by 0.5% which is more than any President in the last 50? years.

He had a basically zero impact on my life.

Which makes him basically the greatest president of all time.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The counterargument is that Trump was impeached while he was President and that his trial shouldn't be abated simply because he's no longer in office. Otherwise, a President could commit all kinds of horrible acts just before his term expires and not risk the sanction of being forever disqualified from holding a federal office.
    Except our actual legal system for civilians. If convicted of a felony and imprisoned, how many convicted felons run for office much less win? Felons also don't get appointed to civilian positions.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

In my adult life Trump was the first President to not directly $#@! me over in some way.

He also cut income taxes by 0.5% which is more than any President in the last 50? years.

He had a basically zero impact on my life.

Which makes him basically the greatest president of all time.
    This.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I didn't watch the impeachment and I have not intention of watching the trial. I watched some of the first impeachment because I think it hit on a very important question: Should a president be impeached for seeking to investigate what is clearly corruption just because the object of that investigation was a political rival? This....not so interesting. Note that the people who want to squawk TDS all day at @kahless have a problem. Thomas Massie also said that Trump's actions post the election were a "but for" cause of what happened on January 6th. And Massie voted AGAINST impeachment. The idea that January 6th was some special day where Trump could somehow be re-coronated king president was just asinine. That just wasn't going to happen. And now the facts of how embarrassingly bad the job done by Sydney Powell and Rudy Giuliani is coming to light. Like....they couldn't figure out that SmartMatic didn't own Dominion? Really? And THAT was what they were going to hang their hat on in the court of public opinion?

That said, Trump will NOT be convicted in the Senate. No way, no how. The Defense should produce their own video of Maxine Waters and Bernie Sanders and others interspersed with antifa violence. Rand's speech alone will be enough political cover for the majority of GOP senators to vote no. Rand 2024. Everyone else is just garbage.
    Agree

What is the point. Democrats don't have the votes to convict. They are wasting our tax dollars on this nonsense. I think Trump is guilty but think it's time for the democrats to let it go and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What is the point. Democrats don't have the votes to convict. They are wasting our tax dollars on this nonsense. I think Trump is guilty but think it's time for the democrats to let it go and move on.
    It only gives him more talking points going forward. "The Swamp tried to impeach me twice. Twice they failed."

THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD AN ACCURATE TIMESTAMP AND LOCATION FOR EACH VIDEO CLIP.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Cool THIS IS WHAT NEWT GINGRICH CREATED. HAD HILLARY WON IN 2016, SHE's IMPEACHED.

Brian4Liberty

This whole impeachment process can become a new standard.

It will be fun. When the House has a majority different from the POTUS,

they can impeach over and over again. After all, it's just a partisan vote.

Totally Constitutional. It's under the "Lightning Impeachment Clause".

UNQUOTE

As far as the speech it was timing and the context. Again, nothing legally actionable since he was pretty smart about it.

Was he really a wrecking ball? Look where we are now in policy compared to where we were before he was elected. He basically said allot what we already know which was nice hearing back while filling the swamp he was supposed to drain.

The people that he supposedly hated he endorsed over people that actually supported his platform. Why was that, hmmm. I think allot of that was part of the show and who really hated him, like one guy, Mitt Romney.

I am not promoting any liberty candidate since there are none but hopefully that will change here. Notice I said before I am not supporting any establishment party since I do not think this place was Republican establishment and/or Donald Trump forums.

If people in this forum are going to continue shilling for Trump they will be effectively spending their efforts supporting the establishment and a person that is no longer a factor rather than advance the cause of liberty.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-09-2021 at 06:32 PM.

As far as the speech it was timing and the context. Again, nothing actionable since he was pretty smart about it.

Was he really a wrecking ball? Look where we are now in policy compared to where we were before he was elected. He basically said allot what we already know which was nice hearing back while filling the swamp he was supposed to drain.

The people that he supposedly hated he endorsed over people that actually supported his platform. Why was that, hmmm. I think allot of that was part of the show and who really hated him, like one guy, Mitt Romney.

I am not promoting any liberty candidate since there are none but hopefully that will change here. Notice I said before I am not supporting any establishment party since I do not think this place was Republican establishment and/or Donald Trump forums.

If people in this forum are going to continue shilling for Trump they will be effectively spending their efforts supporting the establishment and a person that is no longer a factor rather than advance the cause of liberty.
    Lol.

Lol.
    What part of that was funny?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast