Thread: Is Mitch McConnell trying to have his cake and eat it....too???

Cool Is Mitch McConnell trying to have his cake and eat it....too???

He agreed with the HOUSE managers in his speech today, but
    he is the main reason WHY the vast bulk of the trial hits when
    DJT is a private citizen. McConnell is upset over the mob, he is
    saying Trump's words & actions have a linkage & consequences
    but he did not call the Senate back in session to conduct the trial.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is. But, the pieces are in place. Approval at all time low for Kentuckians over the impeachment trial. Time to primary the RINO turtle out.

Once again, i namedrop BLOUNT, BELLKNAP and HASTINGs.
    https://indianexpress.com/article/ex...trial-6228587/

WARREN HASTINGS returns to the U.K as a private citizen and then he is impeached.
    http://www.delhihighcourt.nic.in/lib...20hastings.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He is. But, the pieces are in place. Approval at all time low for Kentuckians
    over the impeachment trial. Time to primary the RINO turtle out.
    Is Rep. Thomas Massie seasoned enough to take Mitch McConnell on?
    Is it simply better for Thomas Massie if he waits for McConnell to retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Is Rep. Thomas Massie seasoned enough to take Mitch McConnell on?
    Is it simply better for Thomas Massie if he waits for McConnell to retire?
    Honestly? I dunno. Thomas wasn't a Trump supporter. But neither was he a hater. I guess it will come down to who Trump PICKS as a primary challenger. And Trump WILL pick someone. Thomas isn't the kind to kiss the ring. Thomas is fine where he is at for now.

Massie would ruin his bright future running against Mitch in a primary where mitch has all the money . Hopefully he plans to stick around and represent us and not suicide like amash did.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Massie would ruin his bright future running against Mitch in a primary where mitch has all the money . Hopefully he plans to stick around and represent us and not suicide like amash did.
    Honestly said... the ONLY Kentucky Republican who could defeat Mitch McConnell in a GOP primary is Doctor Rand Paul,
    but for him to do that, he would have to give up his own Senate seat in order to grab McConnell's one out from under him.

I don't think any of this will matter.

1. He was just reelected and won't face a primary for almost 6 years. That's plenty of time to reform his image multiple times. Look at Lindsey Graham.

2. He's 78 and doesn't look very healthy. The Senate is a cush job, but who knows what 6 years will bring.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I say the Senate is a cush job because presidents age more in 4 years than those cockroaches in the house and senate age in 40.

It was pretty funny how he voted to acquit Trump and then immediately after he got acquitted he started bad mouthing him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I don't think any of this will matter.

1. He was just reelected and won't face a primary for almost 6 years. That's plenty of time to reform his image multiple times. Look at Lindsey Graham.

2. He's 78 and doesn't look very healthy. The Senate is a cush job, but who knows what 6 years will bring.
    This! I know turtles have a long lifespan but Mitch only LOOKS like a turtle.

I don't know what is more depressing. People acting like Mitch is invulnerable, when he may very well retire, or people acting like Trump is the only person that people can rally behind. Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it.
    I never quite thought of it exactly as you worded it, but what I always liked about Ron Paul was he never kissed a ring or knifed someone in the back. He stuck to policy.

I always admired his relationship with Kucinich. Ron agreed and disagreed with him, but he never kissed nor knifed

"Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it."

jimdrake 2/15/21

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    "Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it."

jimdrake 2/15/21
    From a rational point of view, that's brilliant and it's true. But I've never seen a GOP primary ruled by rationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    If stupidity got us in this mess, why can't it get us out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Is Mitch McConnell trying to have his cake and eat it....too???
    Question answered:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...20612432302080

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...20646129348610
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

ARATUS looks up.... (Is Trump now thrilled at this lil factoid of pure honest reporting?)
    Mitt Romney also recently said he expects a tidy Trump romp all thru the 2o24 primaries.
    Romney knows how far BILL WELD got in 2o2o, Mitt often compulsively opinion polls...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.