Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump Press Conference Q&A on Charlottesville

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    No, I've never heard anyone I'm close to state that "all whites are racist." I wouldn't be friends with anyone who thought that. And yes, I'm against using violent means to silence anyone. I believe in counter-protesting, not in beating someone up for speaking. To add to that, I'm more closely aligned with those who would challenge fascist $#@!s than the fascists.
    AntiFa just like I said.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, I don't agree with their tactics/methods, but I do agree with the sentiment that neo-Nazis are poison and their ideology should be summarily dismissed.
    Sorry, you didn't do it fast enough to suit me.

How do you like being treated the way you treat Trump?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler. The persecution complex is just precious.
    Already addressed this in previous post.

Supporters of Ron Paul, of the LvM Institute, of Rothbard, are de facto Nazis to the people you are allied with on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    AntiFa just like I said.
    Why do you disagree with counter-protesting? Is it not protected speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Already addressed this in previous post.

Supporters of Ron Paul, of the LvM Institute, of Rothbard, are de facto Nazis to the people you are allied with on this issue.
    Their Southern strategy in the 90s certainly did them no favors.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, I don't agree with their tactics/methods, but I do agree with the sentiment that neo-Nazis are poison and their ideology should be summarily dismissed.
    I am glad you don't think the end justifies the means.

I don't, but it combined with your ridiculous posts are evidence of your AntiFa membership.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Counter-protesting to the extent you are taking away the 1st amendment rights of another person/group is not protected speech. It's violence!

Is using mace, throwing water bottles, swinging wooden and metal batons upon others to impede their progress to a lawful assembly considered 'speech' now? Hmm, that's an angle I haven't heard before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Counter-protesting to the extent you are taking away the 1st amendment rights of another person/group is not protected speech. It's violence!
    Not in my mind! /s

And doing it in concert with the authorities and official law enforcement is a clear violation of the Constitution.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And doing it in concert with the authorities and official law enforcement is a clear violation of the Constitution.
    Yes, and I hope the investigation gets to the bottom of this.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Is using mace, throwing water bottles, swinging wooden and metal batons upon others to impede their progress to a lawful assembly considered 'speech' now? Hmm, that's an angle I haven't heard before.
    I mean, I just specifically said I don't favor those tactics. You can counter-protest without resorting to physical violence.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I mean, I just specifically said I don't favor those tactics. You can counter-protest without resorting to physical violence.
    Yet you persist in accusing the side that didn't use the Kristallnacht tactics the Nazis.

Who more closely resembles the remark?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is a common theme recently on RPF. An $#@! popping out of nowhere. How many are there left?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6512083
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

While I don't disagree with Amash, are very fine people allied with Antifa? What is wrong with calling out violent Communists? Almost certainly the leftists were the ones who provoked the reaction. They are violent people pounding on cars, blocking traffic and screaming. Trump saying both sides are bad seems like a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

While I don't disagree with Amash, are very fine people allied with Antifa? What is wrong with calling out violent Communists? Almost certainly the leftists were the ones who provoked the reaction. They are violent people pounding on cars, blocking traffic and screaming. Trump saying both sides are bad seems like a very good point.
    Seems Amash doesn't realise some folks just showed up to protest the removal of a statue.

Communists are just as bad. There is a 100% chance that the Anfita are more violent than the white supremacists at that rally.

Seems Amash doesn't realise some folks just showed up to protest the removal of a statue.
    Or to say, 'I don't agree with what these people say, but I'll fight to the death for their right to say it.'

I'm not seeing where the vehicle was initially being attacked with blunt objects which would theoretically have caused him to "panic." Further, he could have put it in reverse if his intention was getting away rather than ramming into a crowd of people beforehand.
    Well, not everyone agrees with your point of view.

But you are in good company. The president of the United States does agree with your point of view.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Out of sheer curiosity and going in a tangentially related direction, do we have statistics on extremist-caused deaths in the US? Like, the percentages based on ideology/political affiliation? It's easy to say the side you disagree with is the most violent, but does that hold up in the face of scrutiny?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Out of sheer curiosity and going in a tangentially related direction, do we have statistics on extremist-caused deaths in the US? Like, the percentages based on ideology/political affiliation? It's easy to say the side you disagree with is the most violent, but does that hold up in the face of scrutiny?
    All the U.S. numbers are cooked.

But we know your commie idol Stalin killed twenty million in his gulags, making Chief Nazi Hitler's six million look like chump change. Does that help?

That applies much more directly to these two groups of psychos than any arbitrarily applied 'Left' or 'Right' horse$#!+.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Out of sheer curiosity...

"Sheer curiosity." LOL. Another game player here. I barely heard of you until yesterday.

Consult your friends at the Southern Poverty Law Center. Make sure you include the far left violence of the 1970s.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 08-15-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Where some of the people armed? Who brought guns? Where any shots fired? How come?

The overwhelming majority of people in prison are leftists. http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/cru...and-democrats/

Only 9% of felons registered Republican when they got out of prison. The estimate is 73% vote Democrat.

And it is easy to see in the news. The political violence is almost entirely from leftists. And to the extent there has been violence from someone on the right it is almost always a leftist showing up to where they are wanted getting in someone's face and provoking the violence. You don't see right wingers going to leftist rallies and picking fights. Yes, there is the odd attack like Timothy McVeigh. But for every Timothy McVeigh there are 10 people like Christopher Dorner. People on the left are inherently violent.

Well, that Freudian slip sure was something.

"Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us?"

At least he's comfortable admitting that he's a Nazi.

Also, I'm still not sure what the "alt-left" is aside from a made up phrase to make false equivalencies easier. We know "alt-right" is just rebranded white supremacy/neo-Nazism, but I'm not aware of any leftist attempt at rebranding anti-Nazism. They kind of relish in their opposition to Nazism with a name like Antifa.
    When did he say that? Are you making $#@! up?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Where some of the people armed?
    Yes.

Who brought guns?
    Entire 'right wing' militias.

Were any shots fired?
    Nope.

How come?
    Because the gun control advocates only attacked in the gun free zones. They'd have liked to attack everywhere, but they haven't turned the whole U.S. into a gun free zone yet.

The armed areas of the march were the polite areas.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Amash is the worst. He may as well get CATO stamped on his forehead.

The overwhelming majority of people in prison are leftists. http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/cru...and-democrats/

Only 9% of felons registered Republican when they got out of prison. The estimate is 73% vote Democrat.

And it is easy to see in the news. The political violence is almost entirely from leftists. And to the extent there has been violence from someone on the right it is almost always a leftist showing up to where they are wanted getting in someone's face and provoking the violence. You don't see right wingers going to leftist rallies and picking fights. Yes, there is the odd attack like Timothy McVeigh. But for every Timothy McVeigh there are 10 people like Christopher Dorner. People on the left are inherently violent.
    I'm speaking strictly of murder and extremism since the debate has revolved around neo-Nazis and AntiFa — like how there are statistics for death at the hands of Muslim extremism.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    When did he say that? Are you making $#@! up?
    He didn't. That was a transcript error that I posted. My apologies.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yes.

Entire 'right wing' militias.

Nope.

Because the gun control advocates only attacked in the gun free zones.
    Does the non use of guns that were available show great restraint for the person that carried the guns?

I'm speaking strictly of murder and extremism since the debate has revolved around neo-Nazis and AntiFa — like how there are statistics for death at the hands of Muslim extremism.
    So, Antifa has been around maybe a year and the neo-Nazis so long John Belushi made fun of them, but you're already curious to see if they passed them?

Does the non use of guns that were available show great restraint for the person that carried the guns?
    Well, they weren't in handcuffs...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast