Thread: DJ Boogy fined for playing 'F**k Tha Police' During Cop Raid

DJ Boogy fined for playing 'F**k Tha Police' During Cop Raid

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a6933891.html

DJ fined for playing 'F**k Tha Police' while cops raided a bar

DJ Boogy has been charged with disorderly conduct for playing the track while police cleared an overcrowded bar

A DJ has been charged with disorderly conduct for playing N.W.A.'s classic 'F*ck tha Police' while cops attempted to clear an overcrowded bar.

MassLive reports the incident occurred as police officers in Westfield, Massachusetts were called to dispel the 350 people who had packed into the 160-capacity establishment, Shenanigans Pub. That's when Kashawn Harris, AKA DJ Boogy, started to play the song; which resulted in one of the officers penning the 25-year-old a summons for disorderly conduct.

"I believed at that time the combination of alcohol, the excessive amount of people in the bar and the song that the DJ chose to play at that time was an intentional act by the DJ to incite the crowd which showed a reckless disregard for public safety," wrote Officer Juanita Mejias in her report.

Mejias states a fire marshal had requested police to clear a path into the bar and get the crowd to leave, though they found it difficult due to the loud music being played. It was then she asked Harris to shut off the music, which is when Harris then allegedly started playing the N.W.A. track.

Harris has responded that the song was cued up before the police arrived and a snippet was played before the music was shut down; he stated the bar was emptied shortly after police entered, and that his side of the bar had already been cleared of people by the time he started playing the song.

"I had no intention of inciting a riot, it was just college kids having fun," Harris said in an interview. "For them to even think I was trying to start riots was frustrating for me. That's not my kind of background, that's not where I come from."

He only realised he was being charged when he received a court summons a month later; he was found responsible for disorderly conduct and ordered to pay a $50 fine.
    Harris usually performs as DJ Boogy at weddings, college events, and at Club Zone in neighbouring Springfield; he had been invited by an alumnus of Westfield State University to DJ the homecoming weekend party.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh. I would've sided with the cop too, if I was the judge probably.

"I had no intention of inciting a riot, it was just college kids having fun," Harris said in an interview. "For them to even think I was trying to start riots was frustrating for me. That's not my kind of background, that's not where I come from."
    Well, if you were just "having a bit of fun" maybe "Bad Boys" by Inner Circle would've been a better choice. Climate of cop-hatred is too high as it is without people creating risk for them when they're doing legitimate duty. Learning experience for you.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Meh. I would've sided with the cop too, if I was the judge probably.

Well, if you were just "having a bit of fun" maybe "Bad Boys" by Inner Circle would've been a better choice. Climate of cop-hatred is too high as it is without people creating risk for them when they're doing legitimate duty. Learning experience for you.

How the $#@! is telling a private property owner what they can do with their property a "legitimate duty"???

Was anybody hurt?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How the $#@! is telling a private property owner what they can do with their property a "legitimate duty"???

Was anybody hurt?

he didn't have a permit to play that song...

Cops & Fines . Imagine that .

That is just so disrespectful. I hope the brave Officers receive ample time off to recover from that traumatic experience.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    That is just so disrespectful. I hope the brave Officers receive ample time off to recover from that traumatic experience.
    I think wizardwatson one upped you.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Was anybody hurt?
    u got trolled

lol

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Was anybody hurt?
    Are we anti-fire safety now too? Are max capacity limits evidence of oppressive tyranny?

The cops were asked to clear the place by the fire marshal. I don't see the issue here.

Climate of cop-hatred is too high as it is
    And who's fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    And who's fault is that?
    Not every cops.

I can see that this issue is upsetting people. Perhaps we should form a kickstarter and reimburse this afflicted victim of oppressive tyranny for his $50 fine.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    u got trolled

lol
    Sure about that?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Are we anti-fire safety now too? Are max capacity limits evidence of oppressive tyranny?

The cops were asked to clear the place by the fire marshal. I don't see the issue here.
    But muh capacity limits...

Sure about that?
    less now for sure

Are we anti-fire safety now too?
    no we're pro private property rights

An idea I'm surprised no one has done, next time a career criminal gets killed by a cop and causes mass protests, was to have an overpowered fm transmitter near the protest site, (should install this in your trunk well in advance). Play inflammatory, radicalizing music, and emotional vocal commentary on the illegal roving station, spread the word!!, and have everyone tune to that station and turn the volume up!.

That would be terrifying for any law enforcement. Imagine the volume of a 1000 cars all tuned to the exact same broadcast, blaring. Obviously, $#@! the police, playing at a time of high tension!!! Then mix in a little Malcolm X, and radical black power rhetoric!!!

Good Times, Good Times.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not every cops.

I can see that this issue is upsetting people. Perhaps we should form a kickstarter and reimburse this afflicted victim of oppressive tyranny for his $50 fine.
    Nope, no matter where the money comes from, it shouldn't go to the state. All it does is encourage them to make up more laws to increase their ability to collect money.

You don't have to like that song but I cannot fathom how anybody could consider its being played a crime.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Ban Rap Music!

Ban DJs!

Ban alcohol!

The correct free market approach would be to have their insurance company regulate capacity limits. They can hire people to go checkout the venues they insure to make sure they are being safe and obeying agreed upon capacity limits. If they break the terms, they can increase their premiums, lose their insurance, etc..

If you want to go to a venue, they can post their insurance in the front or you can ask them so you can verify that they are insured. If you feel there is something unsafe going on at a venue, you can choose to leave.

Being for the free market is not about being less safe, it's about making free choices.