Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Swamp strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Judge is trying to appear to be anti-political in case he gets nominated.

See if you can find any Constitutional issues that you part ways with him on.

He is leaps and bounds better than any other Supreme Court Justice we have ever had, probably in the history of the country.
    The cake case, he said letting individuals choose who to do business with is "DANGEROUS".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Swordsmyth, who else can you recommend for our consideration for SCOTUS who will espouse this position? Or would you rather find some TeoCon recommended by Breitbart who rubs you the right way on Russiagate? The SWAMP says taxation is theft? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The cake case, he said letting individuals choose who to do business with is "DANGEROUS".
    Let Ron Paul explain why:

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...he-cake-ruling
    There is no spoon.

On tv, ya, but I'll bet he takes the same position as Rand on the CRA, which is further right than anybody else in DC since Rand's father.

He is also going to be the best person for the 2nd amendment I could possibly imagine.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    @Swordsmyth, who else can you recommend for our consideration for SCOTUS who will espouse this position? Or would you rather find some TeoCon recommended by Breitbart who rubs you the right way on Russiagate? The SWAMP says taxation is theft? Lol.

Rand Paul.

Swamp can't be trusted, he will turn into a liberal once he gets on the court.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    As I already told you Ron is saying the exact opposite of Swampy's position.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol, no it's going to be the exact opposite... he will follow the Constitution to a T.

I know you're new here, but we've been following Judge Nap for at least 11 years, some a lot longer.

Any departure has come since Trump told him he was on the list to be nominated for Supreme Court.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand Paul.

So your recommendation for SCOTUS is a sitting Senator? One who, for the record, has not been 'pure' on different issues over the years (that I don't much care to debate about as it has already been done ad nauseam).

Aside from having different outlooks with regards to the 'impure' opinions of both men, and offering a sitting Senator as the person who is better than Andrew Napolitano for SCOTUS, do you have any other reasonable picks who might fare better than Napolitano?

I think Murray Rothbard would be better.... but you see, that is an absurd and rather useless suggestion.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    So your recommendation for SCOTUS is a sitting Senator? One who, for the record, has not been 'pure' on different issues over the years (that I don't much care to debate about as it has already been done ad nauseam).

Aside from having different outlooks with regards to the 'impure' opinions of both men, and offering a sitting Senator as the person who is better than Andrew Napolitano for SCOTUS, do you have any other reasonable picks who might fare better than Napolitano?

I think Murray Rothbard would be better.... but you see, that is an absurd and rather useless suggestion.
    I would have to look into many others but there are definitely better choices out there than a man who has exposed himself as controlled opposition in all the ways I have listed in this thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would have to look into many others but there are definitely better choices out there than a man who has exposed himself as controlled opposition in all the ways I have listed in this thread.
    I would say judge nap is worlds better then anyone you can name. He is the only constitutional conservative on Fox.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I already told you Ron is saying the exact opposite of Swampy's position.
    No, they do not.

BOTH of them say that this is a 1st Amendment issue that can help the gov start making rules about what is and what is not a religion.

AND the issue should be what the free market is supposed to be and NOT the gov telling us what a religion is- as that IS a very dangerous precept.
    There is no spoon.

No, they do not.

BOTH of them say that this is a 1st Amendment issue that can help the gov start making rules about what is and what is not a religion.

AND the issue should be what the free market is supposed to be and NOT the gov telling us what a religion is- as that IS a very dangerous precept.
    Ron says that people should be able to not do business with anyone they want, Judge Swamp says that is "DANGEROUS".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron says that people should be able to not do business with anyone they want, Judge Swamp says that is "DANGEROUS".
    NO.

He says it is "DANGEROUS"for the gov to begin interfering with, and defining what, religion is.
    There is no spoon.

NO.

He says it is "DANGEROUS"for the gov to begin interfering with, and defining what, religion is.
    That is not what he said, he said people using their beliefs to refuse to do business with people they didn't want to do business with was "DANGEROUS".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If Judge Swamp hadn't gone so far I might agree with you.
    Donald Trump forced everyone to show their true colors.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Donald Trump forced everyone to show their true colors.
    They never thought she would lose.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If Judge Swamp hadn't gone so far I might agree with you.
    You can't even name anyone better. Judge Napolitano is one of the greatest constitutional defenders of our lifetimes and we would be gracious to let him be the top defender of the constitution of the land. I can't think of anyone who has exposed the swamps bipartisan attempts to censor the liberty movement more than he has.

I can't believe the admin lets you $#@! all over lovers of liberty while pretending like Trump isn't electing torture chiefs and hasnt grown a John Bolton mustache. I wish I could cancel out all the damage you have done to the limited government movement by $#@!ting on it's biggest defenders but I don't have enough time in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You can't even name anyone better. Judge Napolitano is one of the greatest constitutional defenders of our lifetimes and we would be gracious to let him be the top defender of the constitution of the land. I can't think of anyone who has exposed the swamps bipartisan attempts to censor the liberty movement than he has.

I can't believe the admin lets you $#@! all over lovers of liberty while pretending like Trump isn't electing torture chiefs and has grown a John Bolton mustache. I wish I could cancel out all the damage you have done to the limited government movement by $#@!ting on it's biggest defenders but I don't have enough time in a day.
    Swordsmyth
    Derangement
    Syndrome

Nothing you said is true.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You talk like a politician, and that's not a compliment.
    You talk like a gibbering idiot, and that is an insult.(to gibbering idiots)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You talk like a gibbering idiot, and that is an insult.(to gibbering idiots)
    You don't even say anything with your posts, it just a bunch of words. It's always made me wonder if English is your first language or if you were being purposely obtuse, but with this response I am not sure if you are a robot.

You don't even say anything with your posts, it just a bunch of words. It's always made me wonder if English is your first language or if you were being purposely obtuse, but with this response I am not sure if you are a robot.
    Projection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I reckon you should start saying something, of substance, with yours before you go accusing.

Look, if you can give Trump the benefit of the doubt because the message is worth more then the sum of its parts than why is it so strange now? This is the only thing I don't get, I understood that it was a rejection of establishment democrats, it was a rejection of politicians, it was a rejection of an open border that lets people come here and get a free lunch, but why can't you understand that with Judge Napalitano it would be worth it for the same reasons, even if you don't think he is being altruistic, because people aren't angels, just the message it would send would be amazing, I never liked Trumps platform, his policies, his ideas about fixing government, but if he gave this speech I would found a way to vote for him twice.

I would say judge nap is worlds better then anyone you can name. He is the only constitutional conservative on Fox.
    Thomas Rex Lee. Sitting associate State Supreme Court Justice. There I've said it. Prove he isn't better than ex-judge Nap.

Look, if you can give Trump the benefit of the doubt because the message is worth more then the sum of its parts than why is it so strange now? This is the only thing I don't get, I understood that it was a rejection of establishment democrats, it was a rejection of politicians, it was a rejection of an open border that lets people come here and get a free lunch, but why can't you understand that with Judge Napalitano it would be worth it for the same reasons, even if you don't think he is being altruistic, because people aren't angels, just the message it would send would be amazing, I never liked Trumps platform, his policies, his ideas about fixing government, but if he gave this speech I would found a way to vote for him twice.

Because once a traitor exposes himself nothing he did to build his cover matters.
    Besides there are better people out there like Rand or Lee or Lee's brother.
    If nothing else he is too old, we need people who will stay on the court for 40 or 50 years.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because once a traitor exposes himself nothing he did to build his cover matters.
    Besides there are better people out there like Rand or Lee or Lee's brother.
    If nothing else he is too old, we need people who will stay on the court for 40 or 50 years.
    I guess the message of limited government isn't worth spreading because of the person spreading the message. I guess...Trump shouldn't talk about ending the middle east wars and getting out of NATO because its not worth it.

I guess the message of limited government isn't worth spreading because of the person spreading the message. I guess...Trump shouldn't talk about ending the middle east wars and getting out of NATO because its not worth it.

What does that have to do with anything I said?
    How does wanting someone better and younger for the SCOTUS mean not spreading the message of limited government?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What does that have to do with anything I said?
    How does wanting someone better and younger for the SCOTUS mean not spreading the message of limited government?
    Nobody would send the exact message that Judge Napolitano would. You can't win politically if your ideas can't win, and they won't if they don't get exposure. I bet you the left would even have to try to spin the narrative that the stuff he is saying in that video are the reasons why he shouldn't be allowed to be in the supreme court.

Nobody would send the exact message that Judge Napolitano would. You can't win politically if your ideas can't win, and they won't if they don't get exposure. I bet you the left would even have to try to spin the narrative that the stuff he is saying in that video are the reasons why he shouldn't be allowed to be in the supreme court.
    He already has a platform to spread his message, even if he wasn't a traitor we want someone younger for SCOTUS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast