Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama bans British teenager from the US for calling him "a prick"

Thumbs down Obama bans British teenager from the US for calling him "a prick"

British teenager Luke Angel has been banned from the US for sending an email to the White House calling President Obama an obscenity. The 17-year-old says he was drunk when he sent the mail and doesn't understand what the big deal is. "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly -- the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few," he said. The FBI contacted local police who in turn confronted Luke and let him know that the US Department of Homeland Security didn't think his email was funny. "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy," Angel said.

SOURCE:
    http://tech.slashdot.org/story/10/09...Email?from=rss
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just like Britain, we ban people because of speech. Yay for the Land of the Free!

Wow, so now the president can act like a monarch and ban people from the country, just because they insulted him.

Good thing the lad didn't elaborate even more, perhaps the monarch would have said, "off with his head."

Can he actually do that? Seems like there would have to be some sort of trial first.

Geez what a prickish thing to do I guess he really is a prick. Reminds of John Adams and the krap he tried to pull.

All the authoritarian leftists are gloating over this at HuffPo.

htt p://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/uk-teen-banned-from-ameri_n_716471.html

Wow...just...wow! Sometimes I can't frickin' believe these people...or that I used to be one of them.

Wow. You'd think this was satire.

I wonder what would happen if a U.S. citizen sent that same e-mail? Would that citizen be exiled from the States? Thoughts?

- ML

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    All the authoritarian leftists are gloating over this at HuffPo.

htt p://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/14/uk-teen-banned-from-ameri_n_716471.html

Wow...just...wow! Sometimes I can't frickin' believe these people...or that I used to be one of them.
    I only saw 2 idiots out of 15 comments. I wouldn't paint them all with such a harsh label.

He insulted the king!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I only saw 2 idiots out of 15 comments. I wouldn't paint them all with such a harsh label.

I didn't click on the link, but that is refreshing to hear. If the shoe had been on Bush's foot, then the reaction should be the same.

It's bull$#@!. It's a word and they banned him for life from our country. That shouldn't even be possible.

geezz what a prick( obama that is) is it really a crime to call obama a name?? what a f'in prick
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Hahahahaa.... awesome.

Edit:
    A Beds Police spokesman said: "The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language. We were informed by the Metropolitan Police and went to see him. He said, 'Oh dear, it was me'."
    Somehow I think there is more to the story. Though I prefer the original version
    Last edited by BlackTerrel; 09-14-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Hahahahaa.... awesome.
    Sarcasm, I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    He insulted the king!
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Foreigners get banned from the USA on a regular basis if there is some reason to believe they are a security risk (e.g. terrorist), or that they won't leave if they come here.

I suspect in this case, the drunken Englishman probably made comments that the secret service considered threatening. I'm sure it wasn't just a blank page with the word "prick" on it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertarian4321 View Post
    Foreigners get banned from the USA on a regular basis if there is some reason to believe they are a security risk (e.g. terrorist), or that they won't leave if they come here.

I suspect in this case, the drunken Englishman probably made comments that the secret service considered threatening. I'm sure it wasn't just a blank page with the word "prick" on it.
    You're sure?

Gordon Brown is a prick.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

This is hilarious. Screw that Limey. Those Limeys banned Michael Savage.

You guys have no sense of awesome. That little limey teenager bragging about how he gets drunk and just sent hateful $#@! to my president. The the punk's teenage response was "Whatever, I didn't even want to go."

$#@! him. I'm with Obama.

Every reason you think Obama shouldn't be president, is the same reason I have no sympathy for some British twit being permabanned for disrespecting and threatening the head of our government. The key note is that he is not an American. We get to call our president a prick.

Now reading further, I'd say the Limey police showing up at his home
    is a bit uncalled for. I think it would have been 10x more awesome if Obama sent him an official Whie House letter that looked like an invitation, but instead kindly told him to "piss off".
    Last edited by Promontorium; 09-15-2010 at 12:26 AM.
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

Didn't John Adams throw someone in fail for insulting him?

Even better would be if Obama sends him a copy of his children's book that reads "I think you should put down the bottle and get back to the basics."
    We accept both kinds of political theories here; No government and Anarchy. Ronpaulforums.com "Big Tent"

What happens if we send an email to Obama calling him a prick?

Also, I really didn't think prick was a bad word. It took me a few minutes to realize p***k meant prick.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

And the underpants bomber skated right through security, even after his dad warned US authorities that he was an extremist.

Thank god they got this kid though...who knows what he was capable of?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for the morning crowd.

Arklatex

It's time for the "Obama IS a prick" mailbomb.

//
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 09-15-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    And the underpants bomber skated right through security, even after his dad warned US authorities that he was an extremist.

Ain't that the truth!!~!

YouTube - Twilight Zone intro.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

Well terrorists and illegal immigrants add to the voter base. The guy should have said "you're a prick but I'd still vote for you" then Obama might have bought his plane ticket.

In all seriousness though Obama apparently is a prick.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Lets clarify the meaning. All these I would say are accurate.

7. Vulgar Slang A person regarded as highly unpleasant, especially a male. (www.thefreedictionary.com)

7.b. an obnoxious or contemptible person. (dictionary.reference.com)

5. usually vulgar : a spiteful or contemptible man often having some authority (www.merriam-webster.com)

5.b. Slang a person, esp. a man, regarded as contemptible, obnoxious, etc.: mildly vulgar (www.yourdictionary.com)

Yes, yes, I think Obama "is" a prick. Imagine that.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast