Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN Poll of Polls: Clinton tops Trump by 10

CNN Poll of Polls: Clinton tops Trump by 10

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politi...lls/index.html

The post-convention polls are in, and they consistently show Hillary Clinton entering the next phase of the presidential election campaign with the upper hand over Donald Trump.

The CNN Poll of Polls incorporating the results of six major polls -- all conducted after the party conventions concluded in late July -- finds Clinton with an average of 49% support to Trump's 39%. When third party candidates Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are included, the margin remains the same, with both candidates losing the same amount of support to land at 45% for Clinton to 35% for Trump, with Johnson at 9% and Stein at 5%.

The new averages reflect a sharp increase in support for Clinton compared with pre-convention polls. The last CNN Poll of Polls, analyzing the results of five national, live-interviewer telephone polls conducted before the GOP convention began, found Clinton ahead 45% to 41%.

There was not enough polling in the short window between the end of the Republican convention and the beginning of the Democratic gathering for a Poll of Polls analysis to be conducted, but both live-interviewer telephone polls conducted in that time found Trump ahead by a small margin heading in to the Democratic convention.

But across nearly all polls released following the Democrats' nominating convention in Philadelphia, Clinton has regained a significant advantage.

The candidate holding a lead after both major party conventions are complete nearly always goes on to win the presidency in recent history. One exception was Al Gore in 2000, who held a 4-point lead in CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll conducted after the completion of his convention. Gore, the sitting vice president at the time, went on to win the popular vote by about half a percentage point while losing to George W. Bush in the Electoral College.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These polls are rigged and CNN is a leftist rag.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

CNN ... LOL you might as well post the Onion.

They looked at all polls and didn't conduct their own poll on this one.

incorporating the results of six major polls
    Do you have some alternative polls to look at?

RealClearPolitics does that too. They show similar results. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tein-5952.html

They won't believe the polls until election day. Then, they'll say they don't believe the outcome. Then, they'll say it was because of the neocons and liberty folks.

It will NEVER be that they're supporting a fraud who never stood a chance.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

All those polls are bull$#@! because they are not polling enough Trump supporters, or the Trump supporters they are polling are afraid to tell them they support Trump.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Reuters had Clinton at +3 only last friday, within MoE

I'm not getting into unskewing polls, much as I like Trump. They are what they are, and as history as shown Ron Paul supporters, probably near accurate. The good news is it's still early, over 90 days until the election. Gore came out of the DNC in 2000 with a +10 bounce and barely tied/won the popular vote by November (but still lost due to electoral college). And that was with Nader carving off several percentage points from the Dems as well. So, it's not at all impossible that Hillary could lose significant ground in the next few months.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I've learned anything from supporting Rand Paul this year, it's that presidential polls tend to be soul crushingly accurate and no amount of optimism or accusations of biased polls make a difference. Sorry for my bitter cynicism, I can't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbunker View Post
    If I've learned anything from supporting Rand Paul this year, it's that presidential polls tend to be soul crushingly accurate and no amount of optimism or accusations of biased polls make a difference. Sorry for my bitter cynicism, I can't help myself.
    In the case of Rand Paul, we saw that inaccurate polls can drive the desired outcome.

Rand's team had a lot of people who had planned on voting for him until it came down to the last minute and they saw that his poll numbers were really low and they decided at the last minute to vote for someone else. The poll numbers were low because they weren't polling likely Republican voters, but the likely Republican voters who did want to vote for him were largely manipulated out of voting for him because they were made to think it was a wasted vote.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-08-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When can we start calling the Trump vote a wasted vote?

The electoral college map favors the democrats, so Trump needs 55% or more of the popular vote to get elected. His unfavorable rating are over 60%, the media is blasting him relentlessly, and he's losing ground in the swing states. I'm not wishing for Clinton. The best outcome will be no candidates getting 270 electoral votes and the decision going to the house.

I think it will be impossible for Trump to win as long as the establishment is in control of the MSM and therefore control of his messaging. Ron Paul had a huge network online of people who would bypass the MSM bias, and even that in the end failed because the establishment filled the internet will schills but with Trump he just tells people to ignore the MSM cause they lie and people at the end of the day won't do that. Trump can't escape the MSM that created him, and it will be his undoing. His supporters already listen to everything the MSM says- thats what makes Trump so popular, they just don't understand that they are doing what they are told to do because they are so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think it will be impossible for Trump to win as long as the establishment is in control of the MSM and therefore control of his messaging. Ron Paul had a huge network online of people who would bypass the MSM bias, but with Trump he just tells people to ignore the MSM cause they lie and people at the end of the day won't do that. Trump can't escape the MSM that created him, and it will be his undoing. His supporters already listen to everything the MSM says- thats what makes Trump so popular, they just don't understand that they are doing what they are told to do because they are so dumb.
    6% of the population trusts the MSM.

More people on RPF trust the MSM than in the general population.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think that poll you just conducted is fake
    More like the people on RPF who trust the MSM are fake.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    6% of the population trusts the MSM.

More people on RPF trust the MSM than in the general population.
    Are you saying that if there was a terrorist attack on the news and it wasn't on the onion, only 6% of the population wouldn't question it?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you saying that if there was a terrorist attack on the news and it wasn't on the onion, only 6% of the population wouldn't question it?
    Question what?

Cuck news network

If they can just squeeze out 3 or 4 more Nice or Orlando events before the election, or one big one, trump can clinch it.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

More like the people on RPF who trust the MSM are fake.
    All because they don't worship Trump like you do. You are the one that's fake. You say you don't support Trump then go around from thread to thread defending him. The very definition of fake. Hypocrite...
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Let's see where the polls go after Hillary comes out from behind the podium, squats down, starts flappin' her forearms and quackin' like a fuggin' duck during the first debate.

If that woman was anybody else, the struggle buggy woulda' done showed up and hauled her off.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    They won't believe the polls until election day. Then, they'll say they don't believe the outcome. Then, they'll say it was because of the neocons and liberty folks.

It will NEVER be that they're supporting a fraud who never stood a chance.
    Basically. They've already come up with excuses ahead of time.

,..she done hauled off and barked like a dog once.

Once a politician barks like a dog on national TV, it's just a countdown to what's next.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Let's see where the polls go after Hillary comes out from behind the podium, squats down, starts flappin' her forearms and quackin' like a fuggin' duck during the first debate.

If that woman was anybody else, the struggle buggy woulda' done showed up and hauled her off.
    Trump has already set the bar so low that they're not going to care.

I'm goin' with the duck fer next time. But I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas odds were with the chicken.
    Last edited by Smitty; 08-08-2016 at 02:25 PM.

exactly
    They might trust that it happened, but they might not trust that it happened the way they said it did. Or they might trust that it happened the way they said it did, but they might not trust that their response to the attack, or their response to how the government will handle the attack.

You can believe most of what you see on the MSM without trusting them, or you can take it all with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    All because they don't worship Trump like you do. You are the one that's fake. You say you don't support Trump then go around from thread to thread defending him. The very definition of fake. Hypocrite...
    lol, I don't worship him by any stretch of the imagination. I do think the media is a bigger enemy, and I think the 95% of what the media says about Trump is total horse $#@! - but I still have plenty of reasons not to like or support Trump.

Or,...she might not make any noise at all.

Trump might figure out that all he has to do is holler, "BENGHAZIIIII!", and she'll go into one'nem head floppin' fits.

In fact,..that might be all the first debate turns into.

Trump will have his say,...then when Hillary responds, he'll holler out "BENGHAZIIIII!", then grin towards the audience as Hillary flops around fer 20 seconds.

Hillary will be floppin' her head all around, back and forth, here and there,..., and the crowd will be chanting, "USA,...USA!,...USA!,...USA!"

They might trust that it happened, but they might not trust that it happened the way they said it did. Or they might trust that it happened the way they said it did, but they might not trust that their response to the attack, or their response to how the government will handle the attack.

You can believe most of what you see on the MSM without trusting them, or you can take it all with a grain of salt.
    Only 9% of all eligible voters voted for Clinton or Trump. That's not a made up poll, there might be people like you or me who take it all with a grain of salt, but most people, most voters, do not. They believe what the MSM wants them to believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast