Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Obama Donor's Lawyers Battling NYT, New Yorker Over Potentially Explosive Storie

Major Obama Donor's Lawyers Battling NYT, New Yorker Over Potentially Explosive Storie

Hollywood personality Harvey W may have another scandal of his brewing if following reports are rooted in facts. Harvey held mega fund raisers for relection of controversial DGP Obama who was recently called "founding father of ISIS" by President Trump.

Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Battling N.Y. Times, New Yorker Over Potentially Explosive Stories (Exclusive)

2:33 PM PDT 10/4/2017 by Kim Masters , Chris Gardner

The Hollywood mogul has enlisted a team of attorneys to fight planned articles that are said to be about his personal behavior.

Is The New York Times about to expose damaging information on Harvey Weinstein?
    The Weinstein Co. film and television mogul has enlisted an army of attorneys and crisis managers in recent weeks and has unleashed them on The Times over a planned story on his personal behavior, multiple sources familiar with the behind-the-scenes battle tell The Hollywood Reporter.

And the Times isn’t the only media outlet aggressively pursuing a story on Weinstein. NBC News correspondent Ronan Farrow also has been digging into the mogul’s past for approximately a year, and Farrow is now said to be working with The New Yorker magazine on a "lengthy" piece.

In addition to his usual attorney David Boies, Weinstein also has engaged Lisa Bloom, a Woodland Hills, Calif.-based lawyer and television personality specializing in sexual harassment cases (and the daughter of Gloria Allred), as well as Charles Harder, the Beverly Hills-based litigator who represented Hulk Hogan in the invasion of privacy trial that brought down the Gawker website. Other lawyers also are said to be advising the mogul.
    Several crisis PR consultants also are involved, according to sources.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...tories-1045724

Potentially Related

'It wont happen again': Harvey Weinstein appears to confirm he groped model in police monitored phone call

Harvey Weinstein will not be charged following allegations of groping Italian model

Battilana said that the movie hotshot grabbed at her breasts and and slipped a hand under her skirt during a "business meeting."
    (Anthony DelMundo/New York Daily News)

Fundraiser charged with child sex abuse frequently met with Obama
    By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014
    A prominent gay rights activist charged last week with sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy is a strong supporter of President Obama who has visited the White House more than a half-dozen times in the past two years, visitor logs show.
    Terrence P. Bean, 66, who raised more than a half-million dollars for Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign in 2012, last visited the White House on May 30 when he met with the president, first lady Michelle Obama and political adviser David Simas.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...abuse-of-boy-/

Tremendous pressure on Hillary, Obama to return all money sexual predator Weinstein raised

How would Hollywood sexual predator scandal impact media role in US Israel-Palestine policy?

Barack Obama's Daughter Malia Might Be Forced To Testify Against Her Old Boss Harvey Weinstein
    Celebrity Insider Oct 17, 2017

TV Journalist Says Harvey Weinstein Masturbated In Front Of Her
    Highly Cited HuffPost Oct 6, 2017

Obama reportedly did controversial spin of sexual nature in front of TV journalists

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Elie Wiesel Sexually Assaulted Teenager at Charity Event

‘When did you meet YOUR Harvey Weinstein?’ Thousands share workplace sex assault stories online.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tories-online/

#MyHarveyWeinstein takes twitter by storm

Un-related/Developing..

Erection 2008: Video Surfaces Of Obama Flaunting His Junk to Reporters on Campaign Plane

Highly ontroversial Opinion: Drone Killings a Sexual Thrill for Obama

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Harvey and Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Harvey and Friends.

If Harvey used his being-in-same-photo-with-Trump friendship to get NYT to squash such stories, then you should post more photos of them together.

But this seems to be bit stronger bond especially if related to dropping of charges against Harvey during Obama regime.

08/04/2012 01:50 pm ET
    President Obama, Harvey Weinstein: Movie Mogul Plans $35,000-Per-Person Fundraiser
    By Crystal Bell
    Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is the lastest Hollywood figure to plan a high-profile fundraiser for President Obama. Weinstein will hold a $35,000-per-person dinner at his Westport, Conn. home on Monday, Aug. 6.
    The famed movie producer has been a staunch supporter of the president. According to public records, Weinstein has donated over $75,000 to democratic campaigns this election cycle, including a $35,800 check directly to Obama’s campaign. “I think he’s got deep personal beliefs,” Weinstein told The Huffington Post in July. “I don’t have to agree with everything a candidate does to support him.”
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1741775.html

Obama Donor Sells Internship for Five Figures
    August 14, 2014 9:21 am
    Film studio executive Harvey Weinstein is auctioning off an internship at his company and set the "estimated value" on the position at $50,000, Gawker reports.
    http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama...-five-figures/

Malia Obama to Intern for Harvey Weinstein
    www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/malia-obama-intern-harvey-weinstein-966403
    Jan 20, 2017 - Malia Obama, Barack and Michelle's eldest daughter, has secured an internship with Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, ...

Maybe he is no longer in Trump's friendly circle, had a very different stance on US aid for jihadi militants in Syria/ISIS or some other issue, who knows.

Unrelated

Joe and Mika: National Enquirer Was Working on a Story That Trump Would Have Spiked If They Apologized
    By Chris Ariens on Jun. 30, 2017
    http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/joe-a...logized/333893

Trump has his own "entanglements". http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7631891.html

Donald Trump on witness list for civil case involving billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein

US President 'identified as an individual who may have information

Donald Trump has been placed on the witness list for a civil trial involving billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, a lawyer involved in the case has claimed.

The US President has been “identified as an individual who may have information” relating to allegations about Epstein, Jack Scarola told the LawNewz.com website.

He said there is evidence that at least one former employee at Mr Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, was recruited by an associate of Epstein to become involved in alleged sex offences.

The civil trial, due to start later this year, involves allegations of malicious prosecution and defamation filed by Bradley Edwards, a Florida lawyer who previously represented several of Epstein’s alleged victims in separate cases from 2009.

In the affidavit filed in support of case, Mr Edwards claims that Mark Epstein (Jeffrey’s brother) testified that Mr Trump flew on Jeffrey Epstein’s plane with him, LegalNewz.com reported.

“Epstein’s phone directory from his computer contains 14 phone numbers for Donald Trump, including emergency numbers, car numbers, and numbers to Trump’s security guard and houseman,” the affidavit reportedly claims.

Court records in an earlier civil case against Mr Epstein allege that he molested more than 40 girls between 2002 and 2005 at his Florida mansion.
    I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

One big, gay family. :P

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Funny

So looks like either Trump decide not to help him/spike media stories for him or Trump is not really his friend/did not have power to spike stories anywhere in media.

Also timing of these expose' (sic) by media owners employees is interesting. Despite having sexual harrassment allegations going back decades, Bill Cosby was "exposed" during Obama Presidency and Harvey is being exposed during "Trump" Presidency. Are there any socio-racio-religio-political factors behind timing of these decisions by media owners?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes, Hillary—and the Democrats—Do Have a Harvey Weinstein Problem

Hours after The New York Times released a report alleging numerous instances of sexual harassment by movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, the Republican National Committee was capitalizing on the scandal, demanding Democrats return hundreds of thousands of dollars Weinstein donated over the years. The move smacked of opportunism—but it was savvy, because what the RNC clearly knows that some Democrats don’t is that Harvey Weinstein and men like him have already helped the GOP. In fact, Harvey Weinstein serves as the perfect symbol of why Hillary Clinton failed to defeat a candidate many of us had presumed was laughably beatable. Harvey Weinstein represents much more than the reviled coastal elites disdained by Trump voters (despite the fact that Donald Trump is one himself.) Weinstein’s growing scandal represents yet another instance of liberal hypocrisy on issues liberals relentlessly criticize conservatives on. After all, conservatives were allegedly responsible for a War on Women, but yet again we have a liberal man accused of privately mounting his own War on Women, and hiding in part behind his public support of feminist causes and candidates to do so. Conservatives will be quick to point out it’s not the first time, and they’d be right. (Weinstein is even blaming a right-wing conspiracy. Sound familiar?)
    It is worth noting that Weinstein, while issuing an apology for some bad past behavior, has also challenged some of the claims in the Times piece, and has threatened to sue. But even if only a fraction of what is alleged in the piece is accurate, combined with previous reports and public knowledge of Weinstein’s behavior and statements, it is baffling that he has remained a welcome face of the Hollywood liberal political establishment.
    For instance, as I wrote years ago, long before these latest allegations surfaced, Harvey Weinstein was one of the most prominent defenders of filmmaker Roman Polanski who admitted raping a young girl. Apparently, that wasn’t an important enough detail to matter to Weinstein because Polanski makes good films, so the mogul was a key force behind a petition supporting the director’s release after being taken into custody again in Switzerland in 2009.

More at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-hi...nstein-problem
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The idea that allegations are only gaining steam and surfacing now is far fetched. The stories regarding Weinstein themselves date back decades, yet the "Iraq has WMDs" New York Times suddenly is very interested in taking down his reputation. He's a major Democrat donor, the Times wouldn't be taking this situation lightly considering the ramifications we are already seeing for the DNC.

This sounds more like Weinstein lost favor with the wrong people and was not cooperating with them in some capacity, so they did what they do, reputation murder. Someone else is about to be promoted to top Hollywood producer, whose it going to be?

How the $#@! somebody with such a face raises to the top while we are being bombarded with metrosexual looks everywhere?

Michelle Obama in 2013 Praised Harvey Weinstein as a ‘Wonderful Human Being’

http://freebeacon.com/politics/miche...l-human-being/

October 6, 2017

Then-First Lady Michelle Obama praised movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, now facing accusations of decades of sexual harassment, as a "wonderful human being" and a "good friend" in 2013.

The New York Times reported Thursday on extensive sexual harassment claims made by women against Weinstein, including unwanted contact and inappropriate remarks. According to the report, the Democratic megadonor has reached at least eight settlements with women.

Weinstein has donated nearly $600,000 to Democrats and hosted high-priced fundraisers for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Democrats have been pressured to return the donations and some already have.

On November 8, 2013, Michelle Obama hosted a Careers in Film Symposium and offered warm remarks for Weinstein in her opening.

"I want to start by thanking Harvey Weinstein for organizing this amazing day," she said. "Harvey. This is possible because of Harvey. He is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse. And the fact that he and his team took the time to make this happen for all of you should say something not about me or about this place, but about you."

At a fundraiser hosted by Weinstein in 2013, then-President Obama thanked him for his "friendship and support" and praised him for the "amazing movies" he'd made. Weinstein won an Oscar for producing Shakespeare In Love and has executive-produced several other Best Picture winners.

Of the sexual harassment allegations, Weinstein told the New York Times, "I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go."

Among the lurid details in the New York Times report was an account by actress Ashley Judd that Weinstein asked her to watch him shower and wanted to give her a massage in his hotel room.

He is taking a leave of absence from his company and has announced in the meantime he has plans to fight the NRA.

Former Obama aide Tommy Vietor tweeted Thursday that Weinstein "has been a well-known scumbag for a long time." However, Weinstein made 13 trips to the White House during the Obama administration, according to Breitbart News, and Obama's oldest daughter Malia did an internship under him this year.

Vietor followed up that he didn't know about Weinstein's reputation and if true he's a "disgusting piece of $#@!."

Fundraiser of "founder of ISIS" has more more dirty laundary coming out if these reports are factual:

Former Fox News reporter claims that Harvey Weinstein masturbated into a plant pot in front of her after cornering her in a New York restaurant

• New allegations of sexual misconduct have emerged against powerful Hollywood movie executive Harvey Weinstein
    • TV anchor said she remained silent due to Weinstein's tremendous clout

Former Fox News reporter Lauren Sivan told The Huffington Post on Friday that the influential producer once trapped her in the hallway of a restaurant during a private event and masturbated in front of her until he ejaculated.
    'Well, can you just stand there and shut up,' Weinstein allegedly told the anchor before he carried out his sex act.

Sivan's accusations come just one day after The New York Times published a bombshell story detailing Weinstein's decades long pattern of allegedly harassing women.

Former New York broadcast anchor Lauren Sivan said Weinstein once masturbated in front of her (Pictured: Sept. 2017)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4957694/TV-anchor-says-Weinstein-masturbated-her.html

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    The idea that allegations are only gaining steam and surfacing now is far fetched. The stories regarding Weinstein themselves date back decades, yet the "Iraq has WMDs" New York Times suddenly is very interested in taking down his reputation. He's a major Democrat donor, the Times wouldn't be taking this situation lightly considering the ramifications we are already seeing for the DNC.

This sounds more like Weinstein lost favor with the wrong people and was not cooperating with them in some capacity, so they did what they do, reputation murder. Someone else is about to be promoted to top Hollywood producer, whose it going to be?

There is almost zero chance they just found out about thse stories just now. Some people had blamed Obama for media's reporting of Bill Cosby rape stories of past decades, not sure if that was full story but there could be some explanation from media owners employees on timing of this expose' also in days ahaed.

Could team Trump-Kushner have anything to do with it?

"If we could survive each other, we'd do a great job," says indie king and Weinstein Co. co-chairman as he dishes on wooing Trayvon Martin's family and championing LGBT and women's rights in the Trump era.

Obama Adviser Helped Strategize Before Story Broke...

Michelle Obama: Harvey Weinstein is a good friend, a wonderful human being

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How the $#@! somebody with such a face raises to the top while we are being bombarded with metrosexual looks everywhere?

Looks can be fickle and not always required to move up in showbiz/hollywood industry.

And beauty can be in the eyes of the beholder too.

Emma Watson and Harvey Weinstein leave Mahiki club after also attending a pre-Bafta party at Almada Bar

Related
    Actor James Beek; 'I've had my ass grabbed by older, powerful men'
    NEWS.com.au 9h ago

“I’ve had my a– grabbed by older, powerful men,” the “What Would Diplo Do?” actor wrote. “I’ve had them corner me in inappropriate sexual conversations when I was much younger…”

Van Der Beek continued, showing support for women who delayed their allegations. “I understand the unwarranted shame, powerlessness & inability to blow the whistle,” he said. “There’s a power dynamic that’s impossible to overcome.”
    Earlier in the evening, he commented on Weinstein specifically, calling his behavior “criminal” and “unacceptable,” and adding that he applauds everybody speaking out.

terrycrews @terrycrews My wife n I were at a Hollywood function last year n a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 me and groped my privates. (2/cont.)

3:45 PM - Oct 10, 2017

Actors Rob Schneider, Terry Crews say they were sexually harassed
    Newshub Oct 10, 2017

Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Quits After Two Days As Democrats Scramble To Distance Themselves

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-07/harvey-weinsteins-lawyer-quits-after-two-days-democrats-scramble-distance-themselves

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Betcha she's a cougar. She's got her claws in him like she had in Hubbell...

Your pizza is here.

Heard his lawyer or P.R. manager talking on some show the other day. She said something about the words "sexual harassment" shouldn't be used and that the situation was more akin to "workplace misconduct." $#@!ing hypocrites.

Good question. So he's been committing widespread and continuous sexual abuse and harassment for decades in the industry, and where were all the rich and powerful Hollywood leftists. Many of them must have known about it. Why did they cover-up for him? Why were they silent?
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-08-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

NYT Article Highlights

Two decades ago, the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein invited Ashley Judd to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for … a business breakfast meeting. Instead, he had her sent up to his room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower, she recalled in an interview. …

In 2014, Mr. Weinstein invited Emily Nestor, who had worked just one day as a temporary employee, to the same hotel and made another offer: If she accepted his sexual advances, he would boost her career, …

The following year, once again at the Peninsula, a female assistant said Mr. Weinstein badgered her into giving him a massage while he was naked, leaving her “crying and very distraught,” …

An investigation by The New York Times found previously undisclosed allegations against Mr. Weinstein stretching over nearly three decades …

Mr. Weinstein has reached at least eight settlements with women, according to two company officials …

I am a 28 year old woman trying to make a living and a career. Harvey Weinstein is a 64 year old, world famous man and this is his company. The balance of power is me: 0, Harvey Weinstein: 10. — From Lauren O’Connor‘s memo …

Mr. Weinstein required her to have casting discussions with aspiring actresses after they had private appointments in his hotel room, she said, her description matching those of other former employees. …

Mark Gill, former president of Miramax … “But behind the scenes, it was a mess, and this was the biggest mess of all,” he added, referring to Mr. Weinstein’s treatment of women.

Dozens of Mr. Weinstein’s former and current employees, from assistants to top executives, said they knew of inappropriate conduct while they worked for him. … Mr. Weinstein enforced a code of silence; employees of the Weinstein Company have contracts saying they will not criticize it or its leaders in a way that could harm its “business reputation” or “any employee’s personal reputation,” …

In speaking out about her hotel episode, Ms. [Ashley] Judd said in a recent interview, “Women have been talking about Harvey amongst ourselves for a long time …
    Ms. Nestor, a law and business school student, accepted Mr. Weinstein’s breakfast invitation at the Peninsula because she did not want to miss an opportunity … he offered to help her career while boasting about a series of famous actresses he claimed to have slept with … “She said he was very persistent and focused though she kept saying no for over an hour,” ...

In interviews, eight women described varying behavior by Mr. Weinstein: appearing nearly or fully naked in front of them, requiring them to be present while he bathed or repeatedly asking for a massage or initiating one himself. The women, typically in their early or middle 20s and hoping to get a toehold in the film industry … One woman advised a peer to wear a parka when summoned for duty as a layer of protection against unwelcome advances.

Laura Madden, a former employee who said Mr. Weinstein prodded her for massages at hotels in Dublin and London beginning in 1991, said he had a way of making anyone who objected feel like an outlier. “It was so manipulative,” …

“It wasn’t a secret to the inner circle,” said Kathy DeClesis, Bob Weinstein’s assistant in the early 1990s. She supervised a young woman who left the company abruptly after an encounter with Harvey Weinstein …

Mr. Weinstein was a volcanic personality, though, given to fits of rage and personal lashings of male and female employees alike. When a female guest of his had to wait for a hotel room upgrade, he yelled that Ms. O’Connor would be better off marrying a “fat, rich Jewish” man because she was probably just good for “being a wife” and “making babies,” she wrote in her memo. (He added some expletives, she said.) …

When Mr. Weinstein invited Ms. [Ashley] Judd to breakfast in Beverly Hills, she had been shooting the thriller “Kiss the Girls” all night, but the meeting seemed too important to miss. After arriving at the hotel lobby, she was surprised to learn that they would be talking in his suite … Mr. Weinstein soon issued invitation after invitation … Could he give her a massage? When she refused, he suggested a shoulder rub. She rejected that too, … He steered her toward a closet, asking her to help pick out his clothing for the day, and then toward the bathroom. Would she watch him take a shower? she remembered him saying. “I said no, a lot of ways, a lot of times, and he always came back at me with some new ask,” Ms. Judd said. “It was all this bargaining, this coercive bargaining.” … In 2015, she shared an account of the episode in the hotel room with “Variety” without naming the man involved. …

In 1997, Mr. Weinstein reached a settlement with the actor Rose McGowan after an episode in a hotel room during the Sundance Film Festival. …

In March 2015, Mr. Weinstein had invited Ambra Battilana, an Italian model and aspiring actress, to his TriBeCa office on a Friday evening to discuss her career. Within hours, she called the police. Ms. Battilana told them that Mr. Weinstein had grabbed her breasts after asking if they were real and put his hands up her skirt …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Italian Actress Asia Argento Accuses Harvey Weinstein of Rape: He Forced Oral Sex on Me

Brad Pitt Threatened To Beat Up Harvey Weinstein After He Allegedly Harassed Gwyneth Paltrow

By Mike Miller
    October 10, 2017

Brad Pitt threatened to beat up Harvey Weinstein after his then-girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow told him that the movie mogul had sexually harassed her.

Paltrow is one of dozens of women coming forward to accuse Weinstein of sexual misconduct, telling the New York Times that the movie mogul made unwanted advances towards her in a hotel room when she was 22. The encounter, which she says occurred after Weinstein hired her for the lead role in Emma, allegedly ended with him placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage.
    Pitt, who was dating Paltrow at the time, confronted Weinstein about the incident at a Hollywood party around 1995, a source tells PEOPLE.

“Brad threatened Harvey,” says the source. “He got right in his face, poked him in the chest and said, ‘You will not ever do this to Gwyneth ever again.’ “

The source adds that Pitt “made it clear there would be consequences” if Weinstein tried anything again, and “described it as giving Harvey a ‘Missouri whooping.'” (Pitt grew up in Springfield, Missouri.)

http://people.com/movies/inside-stor...trow-incident/

Good question.
    He did raise lot of money for various left wing neocons and and one of top bundlers for disgraced DGP.

She could be working on her statement still.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    He used to work on various lofty causes until very recently even during oppressive Trump regime.
    Wonder if he did any protests alongside another hollywood rights champion George Calooney also for human rights violations in Sudan.

Latest on Drudge:

MAG: THREE WOMEN ACCUSE WEINSTEIN OF RAPE

PALTROW, JOLIE CASTING-COUCH ABUSE

While there seems to be a new victim coming out daily past few days or at least that's how it is being reported in news, thus far no reports suggesting that he harassed any of our national leaders even though he has been socially seen with many.

"If we could survive each other, we'd do a great job," says indie king and Weinstein Co. co-chairman as he dishes on wooing Trayvon Martin's family and championing LGBT and women's rights in the Trump era.
    Hopefully they will not give him a Nobel Prize for Human Rights.

NYPD Says Harvey Weinstein Evidence Was Presented To Manhattan DA

It appears that the first casualty of the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse scandal, may be none other than the Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr.
    According to an explosive new article published by the New Yorker on Tuesday, Vance had evidence of Weinstein's sexually predatory behavior toward a woman, but didn’t pursue the case. The story describes how model and former Miss Italy contestant Ambra Battilana Gutierrez accepted a meeting with Weinstein in March 2015. During the meeting, she told New Yorker that Weinstein groped her breasts and put his hands up her skirt.

Ambra Battilana Gutierrez and Harvey Weinstein
    After the encounter, Gutierrez went to the New York Police Department, which counseled her to wear a wire and meet with Weinstein the next day at his hotel. The New Yorker published the recorded audio of their exchange.
    “Oh, please, I’m sorry, just come on in,” Weinstein tells Gutierrez. “I’m used to that. Come on. Please.”
    “You’re used to that?” she replies.
    “Yes,” Weinstein says. He later adds, “I won’t do it again.”
    Weinstein, in conversation with Gutierrez, admits to groping her. Here’s the audio: https://t.co/zSQbK5NV0c pic.twitter.com/vmrrSUp43w
    — The New Yorker (@NewYorker) October 10, 2017
    A police investigation was launched, at which point hit pieces about Gutierrez’s past began to appear in the tabloids, she said. After two weeks, Vance didn’t file any charges.
    In a statement issued at the time, the DA’s office said that “this case was taken seriously from the outset, with a thorough investigation conducted by our Sex Crimes Unit. After analyzing the available evidence, including multiple interviews with both parties, a criminal charge is not supported.” Yet a police source close to the investigation told the magazine the NYPD had the evidence. “It’s a case that made me angrier than I thought possible, and I have been on the force a long time,” the source said.
    Gutierrez couldn’t comment further since she had signed a nondisclosure agreement with Weinstein, “including an affidavit stating that the acts Weinstein admits to in the recording never happened,” the article says.
    As storm clouds grew in ther aftermath of the New Yorker article, Chief Assistant DA Karen Freedman Agnifilo said Tuesday in a statement that “if we could have prosecuted Harvey Weinstein for the conduct that occurred in 2015, we would have.” Agnifilo went on to say that what emerged from the audio was insufficient to prove a crime under New York law because it did not establish criminal intent.
    “Subsequent investigative steps undertaken in order to establish intent were not successful,” she said.
    Statement by Chief ADA Karen Friedman Agnifilo on allegations against Harvey Weinstein — pic.twitter.com/4kLfEk60re
    — Cyrus Vance, Jr. (@ManhattanDA) October 10, 2017
    In other words, the DA's office - suddenly sweating in the public spotlight - tried to pass responsibility for the botched case to the NYPD who "without our knowledge or input - arranged a controlled call and meeting between the complainant and Mr. Weinstein."
    However, the NYPD has no intention of being the DA's patsy, and moments ago the New York Police Department issued a statement regarding the 2015 Weinstein investigation which led nowhere, in which it said that "the case was carried out by experienced detectives and supervisors from NYPD's Special Victims Unit. The detectives used well established investigative techniques" and in doing so sent the ball right back in Vance's court, and with it the onus of explaining just why he failed to prosecute Weinstein when - at least according to the NYPD - he had the case handed to him on a silver platter.

"The case was carried out by experienced detectives and supervisors from NYPD's Special Victims Unit. The detectives used well established investigative techniques. The recorded conversation with the subject corroborates the acts that were the basis for the victim's complaint to the police a day earlier. This follow-up recorded conversation was just one aspect of the case against the subject. This evidence, along with other statements and timeline information was presented to the office of the Manhattan District Attorney."
    To this unexpected development, all we can say is that it will be delightfully ironic if the downfall of Weinstein also ends up being the much needed catharsis which also takes down countless corrupt officials responsible for enforcing the law in the city of New York.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...d-manhattan-da

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

JUST IN: The Obamas release statement on Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct allegations

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/s...747392/photo/1

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    JUST IN: The Obamas release statement on Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct allegations

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/s...747392/photo/1

It is always about the future, never about the past and how did we allow the situation to unfold the way it did. In other words zero accountability.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast