Thread: Professors: It's Not Okay To Be White

Professors: It's Not Okay To Be White

“Can my children be friends with white people?”
    This bizarre question is the basis of a New York Times op-ed published Sunday, and the author answers it with a “no,” albeit with some exceptions.
    “History has provided little reason for people of color to trust white people in this way [of genuine friendship], and these recent months have put in the starkest relief the contempt with which the country measures the value of racial minorities,” writes Ekow N. Yankah, a law professor at Yeshiva University.

According to Yankah, examples of white “contempt” for racial minorities in recent months include concerns over the opioid epidemic, worries over rising unemployment among working-class whites, and criticism of NFL players kneeling for the anthem. Apparently those issues receive far more attention than the woes of African-Americans, thus revealing the secret disdain whites have for non-whites.
    With that conclusion assumed, Yankah declares the lesson he will teach his kids.
    “As against our gauzy national hopes, I will teach my boys to have profound doubts that friendship with white people is possible,” the law professor argues.

“When they ask, I will teach my sons that their beautiful hue is a fault line. Spare me platitudes of how we are all the same on the inside. I first have to keep my boys safe, and so I will teach them before the world shows them this particular brand of rending, violent, often fatal betrayal.
    Throughout the article, Yankah bases this pessimistic attitude not on personal experience — he says his childhood hometown was remarkably free of racial tension — but on Donald Trump being president and the violence in Charlottesville.
    A large number of white people voting for Trump is the final push in giving up on Caucasians.
    “Of course, the rise of this president has broken bonds on all sides. But for people of color the stakes are different. Imagining we can now be friends across this political line is asking us to ignore our safety and that of our children, to abandon personal regard and self-worth,” the professor asserts.

“Only white people can cordon off Mr. Trump’s political meaning, ignore the “unpleasantness” from a position of safety. His election and the year that has followed have fixed the awful thought in my mind too familiar to black Americans: ‘You can’t trust these people.
    He also attacks liberals who don’t protest enough or dare to criticize the excesses of racial activism as marked off from friendship.
    While Yankah sounds exceptionally grim in his article on interracial friendship, he admits near the end that he has still lots of white friends and his biracial wife passes as Caucasian. Those facts undermine the seriousness of Yankah’s argument, but his intention is clearly not advocating for the total forsaking of interracial friendship.
    It’s just another article attempting to shame whites for being, well, white. Yankah counts on The New York Times’ liberal audience to sympathize with his argument and ask themselves what more can they do for radicals like this law professor.
    Voting for Democrats isn’t enough. Being a good neighbor to non-whites isn’t enough. Showing no sign of racism isn’t enough.
    You must use all your time and energy protesting Trump and advocating for the Black Lives Matter agenda in order to earn trust from non-whites. Otherwise, you’re in the same league as those irredeemable Trump voters.
    The deeper meaning of Yankah’s article is that whiteness is itself the 21st century’s Mark of Cain. Bearing that skin color means one is born with the taint of sin from historical injustices and present election outcomes.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-okay-be-white
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeshiva University is a private, non-profit Jewish research university located in New York City, United States, with four campuses in New York City
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I can't wait for the annual White Privilege Conference next April. My self-loathing is not up to par lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yeshiva University is a private, non-profit Jewish research university located in New York City, United States, with four campuses in New York City
    Operating four campuses in NYC sounds expensive for a " non profit" that probably is not getting money from people who are not white ?

"If there's too many white people I get nervous"

Last edited by dannno; 11-13-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We need to turn this around and start a campaign: "Being Politically Correct is not Okay! BUG OFF"

“Political correctness is tyranny with manners.”
    ~ Charlton Heston
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

“As against our gauzy national hopes, I will teach my boys to have profound doubts that friendship with white people is possible,”

“When they ask, I will teach my sons that their beautiful hue is a fault line. Spare me platitudes of how we are all the same on the inside. I first have to keep my boys safe, and so I will teach them before the world shows them this particular brand of rending, violent, often fatal betrayal.”
    Good.

Since white people are, statistically, much much much more likely to be a victim of violent crime at the hands of a "person of color", keeping your distance from me is welcomed, and I heartily endorse it.

Coulda had Liberia...
    Also, white people apparently are the only ones standing in the way of the destruction of American culture somehow according to the professor... mebbe we need more diversity on the American side...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    History has provided little reason for people of color to trust white people in this way [of genuine friendship]
    Sounds like racism to me. But, since I identify as white, male and cisgendered, what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sounds like racism to me. But, since I identify as white, male and cisgendered, what do I know?
    As a gray-beard I'm comfortable saying that I don't trust and don't want to befriend college professors.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He takes pictures with token (upper class) white friends:

You low class negroes? You can't have white friends.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    As a gray-beard I'm comfortable saying that I don't trust and don't want to befriend college professors.
    I've only ever cared for one. He didn't have any political affiliation. Part-Owner in one of the biggest advertising agencies in Atlanta. Volunteered at Art Institute of Atlanta. I think he did it as a write-off and as a way to skim the top students. Didn't befriend him but he was a good mentor.

goodness you folks are reacting just as the provocateur intends.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

It's ok. I conducted a poll and it turns out it's ok to be white after all.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    When he sees my post, he shall react just as I planned.

These idiot people are just beyond the pale. I look like a fat little blond, blue-eyed grandma, but the 6% of me that is something else would have a few choice words for these chuckleheads. I've been DNA tested, and I guess that's enough proof.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well... he's right. It's not okay....

IT'S FRICKING AWESOME is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    I prefer Dukes over Hellmans on sandwiches.

Can't a person be any race they want to? Don't professors respect transracial identity?

After all, a biological man can be a woman and vice versa or even multiple sexes just by proclaiming it. Having free choice of whichever bathroom, showers, locker rooms, classification, enrollments, men competing and totally dominating female sports just by saying so.

By the exact same analysis, shouldn't a person be able to choose whichever race they wish to identify as? Shouldn't the universities honor it and force other to as well?
    Biological Asians and whites should be able to compete and receive all Latino and black scholarships and programs simply by proclaiming they self-identify as such, and vice versa. Marking census data, enrollment classification, and applications, and employment forms in whatever racial classification they choose without and negative consequences.

transracial
    Last edited by AZJoe; 11-14-2017 at 03:55 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

UMass Orders Lucian Wintrich: Change Title of “It’s OK to Be White” Speech, Or It Will Be Banned

In other words, Be censored or else be censored.

"The current title is a subtle dig at identity politics ... It’s these types of constant jabs at white people that leads to memes like “It Is OK to Be White” coming into existence.

Wintrich’s title comes from a shared and slightly tongue-in-cheek phrase floating around ...

“It’s humorous but highly frustrating that UMass Boston just PROVED the meme I was using for this speech,” Wintrich commented, “To think that they would take issue with a title as laughably mundane as ‘It Is OK to Be White’ is indicative, I think, of a larger problem within America, it’s the ‘systematic oppression’ of anything that does not negatively reference and bash white people on university campuses. Ironically, the speech I’ve been working on deals in part with university and media censorship of concepts and ideas.” ...

“I’ll capitulate to this demand and change the title; the content of the speech is more important than a meme reference. On the brighter side, this gives me a great new introduction for the speech.”

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good.

Since white people are, statistically, much much much more likely to be a victim of violent crime at the hands of a "person of color", keeping your distance from me is welcomed, and I heartily endorse it.
    That still pales in comparison to the likelihood of black people being victims of violent crime at the hands of a "person of color."

A poignant question would be:

Can "people of color" be friends with "people of color"?

But you will never hear them ask that, because people would quickly realize that it's not really the white man keeping the black man down anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment