Thread: My Reaction When...

Exclamation My Reaction When...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

My Reaction When...I unknowingly walk into an all vegan restaurant.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-07-2020 at 05:23 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go!
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

My reaction when I watched the first two parts of the new Star Wars trilogy.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The best way to not have vegans in your restaurants is to not have a vegan menu.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

My reaction when I watched the first two parts of the new Star Wars trilogy.
    You didn't stop at one? I saw the last one only because sons asked me to watch it with them and I rarely turn down father / son time. I have not seen The Last Jedi and have no intention of seeing Han Solo for what they did to Lando Calresian making him a sex maniac that even wanted to screw a clunky robot.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You didn't stop at one? I saw the last one only because sons asked me to watch it with them and I rarely turn down father / son time. I have not seen The Last Jedi and have no intention of seeing Han Solo for what they did to Lando Calresian making him a sex maniac that even wanted to screw a clunky robot.
    I was hoping the second part would be an improvement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody else wants to play?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

My reaction when I realize that cute woman I matched on Tinder wasn't naturally born....

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was hoping the second part would be an improvement.
    Watch The Critical Drinker before spending you money on movies. I agree with him that The Rise of Skywalker was a slight improvement in some ways but still blah.

He kind of reminds me of what I think @Anti Federalist must sound like drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Watch The Critical Drinker before spending you money on movies. I agree with him that The Rise of Skywalker was a slight improvement in some ways but still blah.

He kind of reminds me of what I think @Anti Federalist must sound like drunk.
    I borrowed them from friend after they came out on DVD, I don't trust hollyweird.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I borrowed them from friend after they came out on DVD, I don't trust hollyweird.
    Ah. So you only wasted time and not money. Not a total loss then.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I was thinking of this post last night, when a friend was telling me how her husband reacted this summer when they showed up at a family 4th of July BBQ, only to discover that the host's family had recently "gone vegan" and decided the BBQ would be all vegan as a surprise. "We are never going there ever again."