Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "God Will Judge Me"

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Stop causing problems Sola
    That's a problem? I thought you were defending the Christian faith? You know that these ridiculous statements about Paul are not Christian ideas in the slightest. So what's the problem with you?

One thing I will give the churchman in the Orthodox Chruch is that they were involved in apologetics, real apologetics, with the Muslims. Of course, their apologetics were formed by what they were encountering at the time, which is one of the problems with the Orthodox Church. One of the things Orthodox apologists will say is that things like faith Vs. works is not a problem for their church, but it's only not a problem because their apologetics stopped with their encounters with Muslims. And that is their problem, they're aren't focused on the apologetics that the apostles were focused on. The entire book of Romans is a discussion about faith and works.

But I don't see even that insistency that they had in you. It seems like you tolerate every nutcase idea in order to have your fuzzy feelings. But you should stand up for the truth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure what that has to do with the serpent seed theory. Please elaborate.

Yet you are repeating their claim. That should cause you to pause.

Can you tell me where this is written or taught, within the Scriptures or any Christian writers prior to the 1800's? I am willing to learn. I just have never heard this claim.

I skimmed it, but it says a lot of things, including accusing all Christians before them of being deceived. That right off the bat does not pass the sniff test. There are a lot of interesting and fascinating theories on the internet, written by unknown authors making outrageous claims. Now, I haven't read it, so I cant honestly give my two cents. I would prefer if you answered the straight forward questions i asked above so that I can understand your position stepwise.
    John 8:44 (KJV)
    44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Cain was the first recorded murderer.

Revelation 2-3 (KJV)
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-3&version=KJV
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    John 8:44 (KJV)
    44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Cain was the first recorded murderer.

Revelation 2-3 (KJV)
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-3&version=KJV
    Right, but this does not mean that he is the son of a sexual union between Satan and Eve. You are making an assumption that is not there. The two are not necessarily related.

What of the Bible verse which says that Cain is the son of Adam and Eve?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    That's a problem? I thought you were defending the Christian faith? You know that these ridiculous statements about Paul are not Christian ideas in the slightest. So what's the problem with you?

One thing I will give the churchman in the Orthodox Chruch is that they were involved in apologetics, real apologetics, with the Muslims. Of course, their apologetics were formed by what they were encountering at the time, which is one of the problems with the Orthodox Church. One of the things Orthodox apologists will say is that things like faith Vs. works is not a problem for their church, but it's only not a problem because their apologetics stopped with their encounters with Muslims. And that is their problem, they're aren't focused on the apologetics that the apostles were focused on. The entire book of Romans is a discussion about faith and works.

But I don't see even that insistency that they had in you. It seems like you tolerate every nutcase idea in order to have your fuzzy feelings. But you should stand up for the truth
    If your condemnation of poorly reasoned, unorthodox, and heretical thought were of the quality of an Augustine, Chrysostom, et al, nobody would have a problem with you. You would be a quality, productive member of the forum. As it is, you are needlessly antagonistic and counter-productive even when you are entirely correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Right, but this does not mean that he is the son of a sexual union between Satan and Eve. You are making an assumption that is not there. The two are not necessarily related.

What of the Bible verse which says that Cain is the son of Adam and Eve?
    And what about the genealogy of Adam which does not have Cain in it? Cain's genealogy is in Chapter 4 and Adam's is in five.

Do you believe Cain and Abel were twins?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

And what about the genealogy of Adam which does not have Cain in it? Cain's genealogy is in Chapter 4 and Adam's is in five.

Do you believe Cain and Abel were twins?
    I will look into it. I have a family emergency. Will talk soon.
    +

@acptulsa I'm glad you brought the topic of strife. Here are a few scriptures.

Avoiding strife brings a man honor, but every fool is quarrelsome. Proverbs 20:3

Whoever loves transgression loves strife; he who makes his door high seeks destruction. Proverbs 17:19

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers all transgressions. Proverbs 10:12

The light of the righteous shines brightly, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out. Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. Proverbs 13:9-10

An arrogant man stirs up strife, But he who trusts in the Lord will prosper. Proverbs 28:25

A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, But the slow to anger calms a dispute. Proverbs 15:18

A perverse man spreads strife, And a slanderer separates intimate friends. Proverbs 16:28

If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 1 Timothy 6:3-5

Drive out the scoffer, and contention will go out, Even strife and dishonor will cease. Proverbs 22:10
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another. Romans 14:19
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I will look into it. I have a family emergency. Will talk soon.

No problem. I hope all is okay, I will keep you in my prayers.

I won't put it on a shelf if it is outright condemned by the Church.

Now, the teachings we discussed earlier about fallen angels found in the Book of Enoch, that I will put on the shelf!
    They are not just in Enoch. But in Genesis, and later.. David battled one.

It is not something to be dismissed. Though there is error in understanding and teaching..

it is something to be accepted even if not fully understood. and God will give understanding to those who seek.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No problem. I hope all is okay, I will keep you in my prayers.
    In the ICU with my father. Please keep us in your prayers.
    +

Sorry to hear that TER.

It is done.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please keep a protective hand over TER's father and his family. May you lead, guide, and direct.

In Yeshua's precious name,
    Thank you, Father.
    Amen

Aw man. I'm sorry to hear this news of your dad, TER. I'll pray for your dad and your family.

Господи! :'( Praying for y'all, brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Sorry to hear that TER.
    It is done.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please keep a protective hand over TER's father and his family. May you lead, guide, and direct.

In Yeshua's precious name,
    Thank you, Father.
    Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Aw man. I'm sorry to hear this news of your dad, TER. I'll pray for your dad and your family.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Господи! :'( Praying for y'all, brother.
    Thank you everyone. By your prayers and the mercy of God, he has stabilized, but is still in the ICU. Please keep him in your prayers.
    +

Thank you everyone. By your prayers and the mercy of God, he has stabilized, but is still in the ICU. Please keep him in your prayers.
    How's it going? Still in ICU or no?

Of course, hope all is well.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    How's it going? Still in ICU or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Of course, hope all is well.
    He is still in the ICU. More stable. God willing, he will be downgraded to a regular bed tomorrow. It has been a rough few days. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
    +

He is still in the ICU. More stable. God willing, he will be downgraded to a regular bed tomorrow. It has been a rough few days. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
    More than welcome, and if your dad is able, let him know that our merry little band here is keeping him our prayers and thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Wonderful! Please keep us posted. Prayers for your Dad for a speedy recovery!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456