Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Major Endorsement' from Rand coming tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    He doesn't need to rehabilitate any alliance with Cruz in the senate. If Cruz really is Mr. Perfect conservative, he will work with Rand on projects relating to small government.
    The point is to encourage Cruz to be Mr. Perfect Conservative and work with Rand on projects relating to small government. It's not like that happens automatically, and it's not like Cruz isn't going to be under pressure to work to oppose that cause rather than help it.

So far, for all his problems, Cruz has been the closest thing to an ally Rand has had in the Senate. If you could rank all 535 members of House and Senate from most terrible to least terrible, Cruz would probably rate as one of the 10 least terrible. There's no guarantee that he will continue to be. But whatever influence Rand can have on him is worth having.

There's pretty much a 100% chance that Trump will be worse than that. He can hardly even pull off pretending to be a conservative when he's running in Republican primaries. Imagine what he'll be once it's time to campaign for the general election, much less once he's in office.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The point is to encourage Cruz to be Mr. Perfect Conservative and work with Rand on projects relating to small government. It's not like that happens automatically, and it's not like Cruz isn't going to be under pressure to work to oppose that cause rather than help it.

So far, for all his problems, Cruz has been the closest thing to an ally Rand has had in the Senate. If you could rank all 535 members of House and Senate from most terrible to least terrible, Cruz would probably rate as one of the 10 least terrible. There's no guarantee that he will continue to be. But whatever influence Rand can have on him is worth having.

There's pretty much a 100% chance that Trump will be worse than that. He can hardly even pull off pretending to be a conservative when he's running in Republican primaries. Imagine what he'll be once it's time to campaign for the general election, much less once he's in office.
    Why is Cruz bad? Let us count the ways...

1. He is dishonestly manipulating the conservative and evangelical bases to serve his own needs, wasting precious resources and valuable political capital on his personal quests for recognition...

2. He has backstabbed numerous supposed allies and friends, from the Pauls themselves to Carson, to people in the Senate who for better or worse, he needs to work with in some capacity.

3., And related to #2, the whole Mitch McConnell is a liar/ Rand Paul is establishment cause he endorsed Mitch angle that some many cruzies have been slobbering over for months makes it particularly choice for you to now insist that Rand should endorse Mr. Cruz for the sake of forging an alliance. Piss on your alliance and on Mr. Cruz. He is precisely the type of person who doesn't believe in such things.

4. He uses his children and family as props, didn't even bother to live with his wife the first 5 years of marriage and caused her to almost commit suicide on the side of a road.

5. He along with Trump have essentially acted like two semis, going down a 2 lane interstate side by side at 53 mph for the past few months, preventing all other comers from passing them and thus ceding the Presidency and the Supreme Court to Hillary. And the worst thing of all - he is smart enough to realize all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    Why is Cruz bad? Let us count the ways...

1. He is dishonestly manipulating the conservative and evangelical bases to serve his own needs, wasting precious resources and valuable political capital on his personal quests for recognition...

2. He has backstabbed numerous supposed allies and friends, from the Pauls themselves to Carson, to people in the Senate who for better or worse, he needs to work with in some capacity.

3., And related to #2, the whole Mitch McConnell is a liar/ Rand Paul is establishment cause he endorsed Mitch angle that some many cruzies have been slobbering over for months makes it particularly choice for you to now insist that Rand should endorse Mr. Cruz for the sake of forging an alliance. Piss on your alliance and on Mr. Cruz. He is precisely the type of person who doesn't believe in such things.

4. He smells like $#@!.

5. He uses his children and family as props, didn't even bother to live with his wife the first 5 years of marriage and caused her to almost commit suicide on the side of a road.

6. He along with Trump have essentially acted like two semis, going down a 2 lane interstate side by side at 53 mph for the past few months, preventing all other comers from passing them and thus ceding the Presidency and the Supreme Court to Hillary. And the worst thing of all - he is smart enough to realize all of this.
    Most of those points are pretty minor. There are far worse things that could be said about Cruz.

But being nearly as bad as Trump is not one of them.

It isn't minor. He is a fraud. Like trump, a fraud. That is not minor.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    You're a thoughtful person, but these are strange questions to me. There's no more direct way to influence politics and further an agenda than a financial contribution. The end effect is - the recipients of trump's contributions got elected with a mandate. (And it doesn't look like he contributed to many losers.) Then with that mandate and political power they proceeded to do the particular things each of them did to erode constitutional rights. His recipients are the creme de la creme of constitutional erosion. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm speaking to a 5-year old but I don't know how else to answer these questions.

To date, I haven't seen any indication that trump has any remorse for his significant role in hastening the collapse of America. If his financial contributions are now to himself, how out of line can he really be than the people he spent the last $1.5 million on?
    Did he donate to those individuals because they were going to erode the Constitution, in other words do you believe his goal was to elect people who were going to erode the Constitution or did he donate to them because he thought they were going to be elected and wanted political sway? Were the opponents of those who Trump donated to strongly for the Constitution, or were they just power brokers too?

What specific favors or financial gain did he get from donating? Is it possible that he made the donations in order to secure his personal rights? In other words, let's go back to that example of pharmaceutical company A and B - if company B donates to take away the rights from company A, and company A donates to protect their rights from being taken away, is it possible that the majority of Trump's donations were done with the goal of company A in mind? I'm not saying that they were, I actually don't know, I just haven't seen any evidence to the contrary and I know that those type of "defensive" political donations are made as well..
    Last edited by dannno; 04-01-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

To paraphrase Rudy: "I don't think I've ever heard that before. And I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for [considering trump]."

So: You haven't made up your mind whether or not to vote for trump because it's possible he might have had good motives for giving vast amounts of money and support to the most ardent destroyers of American liberty. Is this accurate?

I can understand a few bribes to local officials (Rahm for instance) to get a real estate deal through, easements, licenses, that kind of thing. We're talking massive public political support for officials on the federal level.

You're a thoughtful person, but these are strange questions to me. There's no more direct way to influence politics and further an agenda than a financial contribution. The end effect is - the recipients of trump's contributions got elected with a mandate.
    As an individual mega donor, Trump ($5 billion net worth, as per Forbes) is a piker compared to Adelson ($25 billion net worth), Soros ($25 billion net worth), the Kochs (Charles alone has $43 billion net worth), etc. These rival individuals (many more could be mentioned) can buy and sell Trump 5-8 times over, and have bought far, far more influence. Yet the fuss here is all poured into objecting to Trump's comparatively token chump change donations, that were done to play the establishment's game and protect his businesses.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 04-01-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

ain't none of it real gosh darnit let chaos continue if you like it.

Rand Paul Says He Will Support Trump If He’s The GOP Nominee

Ron Paul says he will NOT endorse Trump

Steve Watson
    Prisonplanet.com
    April 1, 2016

During his own campaign, Rand Paul often clashed with Donald Trump, but now the Kentucky Senator says he will support Trump IF the billionaire candidate wins the GOP nomination.

Paul told the Cincinnati Enquirer that he will support Trump, primarily because it is better than having Hillary Clinton as President.

“I think we never get the candidate we exactly want unless you’re the candidate,” Paul said.

“Think about it from this perspective. I’m from Kentucky, and Hillary Clinton recently said she would put coal miners out of business, and she would put coal companies out of business.” the Senator continued.

Paul said he will only endorse Trump AFTER the primaries, if he emerges as the winner, stopping short of pledging support at this time.

Before making the comments to the reporter, Paul had tweeted out an April Fool’s day ‘endorsement’ of “entropy” for President.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/rand-pau...p-nominee.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It sounds like this thread assumes Rand is making an endorsement? All he said was there's a major endorsement. Isn't he talking about Ben Carson endorsing him for Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Raven View Post
    It sounds like this thread assumes Rand is making an endorsement? All he said was there's a major endorsement. Isn't he talking about Ben Carson endorsing him for Senator?
    He tweeted an endorsement of entropy this morning, so he basically endorsed a concept. The real idea might be to get people to google the words "Rand Paul Endorsement", thereby discovering Ben's endorsement....or, Rand just has a dorkily dry sense of humor.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To paraphrase Rudy: "I don't think I've ever heard that before. And I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for [considering trump]."

So: You haven't made up your mind whether or not to vote for trump because it's possible he might have had good motives for giving vast amounts of money and support to the most ardent destroyers of American liberty. Is this accurate?

I can understand a few bribes to local officials (Rahm for instance) to get a real estate deal through, easements, licenses, that kind of thing. We're talking massive public political support for officials on the federal level.
    For what?

And no, I'm not voting for Trump at all, unless he changes some of his views and convinces me that he really means it.

I think some may be right and he may be the lesser of evils, if he is telling the truth about his motivations, but I also admit he could be the greater of evils if his motivations are not pure and we may be looking at a possible despot scenario.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand Paul Update: https://twitter.com/RandPaul?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(I see this was already posted)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-01-2016 at 03:07 PM.

It's reached the point (long ago, actually) that everything Cruz does to damage Trump in the nomination process will damage Cruz in the general election.

Cruz is in a no win situation.

Considering the history of Rand's endorsement's, I don't think it shows very good judgement to be throwing out a joke about them.

I guess he feels that his senate seat is secure enough that he can. But I live in his senate district and he may not realize it, but there's some bad feelings about the confusion and inconvenience that voters were put through to accommodate his caucus this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    But, he's most certainly NOT when it comes to warmongering, Israel, the horrible trade agreements or world government.
    Let's see. Your buddy Donald Trump called for the invasion of Iraq in 2002 and for the overthrow of Khaddafi. So clearly you have no room to talk about warmongering. Also Trump is in with Richard Haas of the CFR so you have no room to talk about world government. Cruz did not support the overthrow of Khaddafi so that makes him better than Trump on that issue. I don't know if Cruz ever supported the Iraq war, but unlike Trump he didn't lie about it so that makes him better than Trump on that issue as well. Quit carrying Trump water.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    if I remember correctly, on abortion and gay marriage Ron would always follow up with his contention that those issues should be state, not federal.

correct me if I'm wrong.
    Overturning Roe v. Wade = letting the states decide the issue. Overturning the recent supreme court case on abortion also means letting states decide the issue. I don't know of Cruz is for overturning Lawrence v. Texas, the ruling that struck down sodomy laws, but Ron Paul is.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    Those two issues in particular (and illegal immigration) are the ones the media harps on to divide the people and distract them from real topics. Who gives a $#@! about gay marriage or abortion when we're getting taxed out our butts, our currency is being devalued, our monetary system is a ponzi scheme, half of our population is incarcerated over mostly non-violent crimes, and we're spending a bajillion dollars bombing half the world and making them hate us?
    Well Ron Paul cares a lot about abortion. A bit less about gay marriage. If you believe life begins at conception then 50 million dead babies is unacceptable. I personally know an atheist lesbian that is as against abortion as any evangelical Christian. Just because you don't care about that issue doesn't mean others can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    As an individual mega donor, Trump ($5 billion net worth, as per Forbes) is a piker compared to Adelson ($25 billion net worth), Soros ($25 billion net worth), the Kochs (Charles alone has $43 billion net worth), etc. These rival individuals (many more could be mentioned) can buy and sell Trump 5-8 times over, and have bought far, far more influence. Yet the fuss here is all poured into objecting to Trump's comparatively token chump change donations, that were done to play the establishment's game and protect his businesses.
    It's funny you put it like that. It's exactly what trump is - a kind of a Mini-Me to Soros or Adelson.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 04-01-2016 at 04:25 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    For what?
    When you give heroin to a heroin addict do you ask him what he's going to use it for? Oh, yeah, it's a bad idea to give heroin to a heroin addict.

When you give heroin to a heroin addict do you ask him what he's going to use it for? Oh, yeah, it's a bad idea to give heroin to a heroin addict.

I thought we were arguing about Trump being one of the worst offenders when it came to political donations..

I'm just saying that a lot of political donations are a defensive move, they do it because they want to be treated fairly compared to their competitors who may be donating also.

If you showed me evidence that Trump gave money to a certain politician because he expected X, I'd like to know what X is.. or did he just give them money mostly so they wouldn't give him the government shaft?

So, what the $#@! is it?

An April Fool's Joke?

Or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, what the $#@! is it?
    An April Fool's Joke?
    Or what?
    Yes. Leave it to the retards at rpf to take it all serious-like.

I'm just saying that a lot of political donations are a defensive move, they do it because they want to be treated fairly compared to their competitors who may be donating also.

If you showed me evidence that Trump gave money to a certain politician because he expected X, I'd like to know what X is.. or did he just give them money mostly so they wouldn't give him the government shaft?
    X is either endorsement of the politician or some product of graft. That's a reasonable conclusion, right?

I get these "real world" issues, but I'm not convinced graft is necessary for financial success, and feeding that system certainly isn't fixing the problem. Why do mental gymnastics to justify condoning corruption, let alone vote for the corrupt? And trump's list of recipients is simply too reprehensible to ignore. Soros couldn't have picked them better himself.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

Weird... Slightly off topic. I dont watch much spongebob, but I recall watching this one with the kids. It was this very scenario - is it part of some other movie?

The spongebob episode was one where he'd forgotten his name because all he knew was fine dining.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

X is either endorsement of the politician or some product of graft. That's a reasonable conclusion, right?

I get these "real world" issues, but I'm not convinced graft is necessary for financial success, and feeding that system certainly isn't fixing the problem. Why do mental gymnastics to justify condoning corruption, let alone vote for the corrupt? And trump's list of recipients is simply too reprehensible to ignore. Soros couldn't have picked them better himself.
    I'm not justifying feeding the system to fix the problem, I'm justifying feeding the system to keep your large business afloat that you have invested your life into and don't want to have it all stolen.. think of it as ransom money or something.

I don't even really like Donald Trump, nor do I support him, I just don't think that the fact he gave money to politicians alone is hugely negative in our current environment - unless he gave them money for promises to take out his competition or specifically to take away large swaths of our liberty.. but I don't know why specifically the money was given.

I just don't think that the fact he gave money to politicians alone is hugely negative in our current environment - unless he gave them money for promises to take out his competition or specifically to take away large swaths of our liberty.. but I don't know why specifically the money was given.
    I think for most of us, we aren't really mad at people for buying access or buying politicians in the sense that if me or you could we might do the same. Trump supported candidates against us and ran against us in the last two presidential elections. Most of us don't care if he ripped off banks by bribing politicians. We care if he ripped us off by campaigning against us, making our efforts, and our hard earned money for naught.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, what the $#@! is it?

An April Fool's Joke?

Or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn Leghorn
    It's a joke son laugh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123