Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX: 8 dead, dozens injured, after crowd "stampede" at Houston Astroworld festival

Exclamation TX: 8 dead, dozens injured, after crowd "stampede" at Houston Astroworld festival

Houston Astroworld: at least 8 dead after 'panic' at music festival

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tival-n1283397

Twenty-three people were transported to the hospital after the crush, and 11 who were taken by ambulance were in cardiac arrest, officials said.

Nov. 6, 2021, 3:00 AM EDT

By Phil Helsel and Chantal Da Silva

At least eight people are dead after a crowd surge during the sold-out Astroworld music festival in Houston on Friday, the city's fire chief said.

A further 23 people were transported to the hospital after the crush, and 11 who were taken by ambulance were in cardiac arrest, officials said. They added that more than 300 people were treated throughout the event Friday at an on-site field hospital.

Around 50,000 people were at the event at NRG Park, which was being put on by rapper and producer Travis Scott and kicked off Friday. The festival, which is in its third year, was expected to be a two-day event, but officials said that Saturday's lineup had been canceled.

Fire Chief Samuel Peña told a news conference early Saturday that "the crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage," at around 9:15 p.m. local time (10:15 p.m. ET) .

"That caused some panic, and it started causing some injuries, people began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic," he said, adding that a cause of death was not yet known for the eight victims but would be determined.

Footage shared on social media appeared to show Scott stopping the show at least once to request assistance for a fan.

NBC News was not able to verify this, but The Houston Chronicle also reported that the rapper paused a number of times throughout his 75-minute performance after spotting fans in distress near the stage.

Houston Police Department's Executive Assistant Chief Larry Satterwhite, who was near the front of the concert, told a news conference that the situation had developed quickly.

"It seems like it happened with just over the course of a few minutes — suddenly we had several people down on the ground experiencing some type of cardiac arrest or some type of medical episode," he said. "We immediately started doing CPR."

At a later news conference Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said that there were "a lot of rumors going around" about the incident, including "rumors of people injecting some people with drugs."

Urging people not to speculate, he said police were determined to "make sure we find out what happened," adding that Scott and the festival organizers and were cooperating with police.

Earlier in the day, multiple people were injured as festivalgoers rushed a front entrance, NBC affiliate KPRC of Houston reported.

Finner said the the deaths and injuries were not connected with that event and had happened much later.

A reunification center was established for anyone who has friends or relatives who were at the concert and who have not heard from them.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said some as young as 10 years old had been transported to hospital.

"Our hearts are broken," she said. "People go to these events looking for a good time, a chance to unwind, to make memories — it's not the kind of event you go to where you expect to find out about fatalities."

Scott, 29, is from Houston. He launched the Astroworld Festival in 2018 in his hometown as an annual event. The festival did not happen in 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

His 2018 hit "Sicko Mode" reached No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 that year. He has been nominated for eight Grammy awards, including for that song and the album "Astroworld."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At a later news conference Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said that there were "a lot of rumors going around" about the incident, including "rumors of people injecting some people with drugs."
    Perhaps he was just trying to help them get vaccinated
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It does not sound like these people were following social distancing guidelines. Were any of the deaths COVID related? Even if there was never a pandemic, masks and social distancing are still good practice for a caring society.

Were they injured by the stampede or injured from covid related sickness?
    Last edited by RJB; 11-06-2021 at 04:00 PM.

That many cardiac arrests at a gathering that size is astounding. Were the cardiac arrests associated with adverse reactions to vaccinations? Where those people vaccinated? What would cause so many heart issues at this event? Crowds are not a new thing.

How about a little review?

Fire Chief Samuel Peña told a news conference early Saturday that "the crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage," at around 9:15 p.m. local time (10:15 p.m. ET) .
    Um, when you have an irresistible force of thousands of people pushing on one side of you, and an object as immovable as a stage on the other side, would trying to inhale do you any good?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-06-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The cardiac arrests definitely came from people that were vaccinated. I expect to see more of these stories in the future.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

How could so many have died of "cardiac arrest" - 11 - at the Houston Astroworld concert?!? The vaccination passports were mandatory for Astroworld, so the overwhelming of these young people had been vaxxed with the clot shots.
    It sounds unlikely to me that these sudden heart attacks could've been caused by the jabs (unless of course these people were recently COVID vaxxed).
    https://odysee.com/@hugotalks:8/Astr...s--lockdown2:4
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    How about a little review?

Um, when you have an irresistible force of thousands of people pushing on one side of you, and an object as immovable as a stage on the other side, would trying to inhale do you any good?
    In 2020, the media would probably call them COVID deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The cardiac arrests definitely came from people that were vaccinated. I expect to see more of these stories in the future.
    They were probably vaccinated. But that does not prove cause and effect, especially when getting crushed is the more likely cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    How could so many have died of "cardiac arrest" - 11 - at the Houston Astroworld concert?!? The vaccination passports were mandatory for Astroworld, so the overwhelming of these young people had been vaxxed with the clot shots.
    It sounds unlikely to me that these sudden heart attacks could've been caused by the jabs (unless of course these people were recently COVID vaxxed).
    https://odysee.com/@hugotalks:8/Astr...s--lockdown2:4
    I doubt it is related to COVID or the vaccines.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I am an old metal head / punk rocker. In my middle age, I still mosh. I have never heard of someone dying of a heart attack in the pit and I have seen some pretty intense moshing in my time. How the hell do multiple youths die of heart attacks at a wimpy pop concert? That's BS! Don't get that vax!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am an old metal head / punk rocker. In my middle age, I still mosh. I have never heard of someone dying of a heart attack in the pit and I have seen some pretty intense moshing in my time. How the hell do multiple youths die of heart attacks at a wimpy pop concert? That's BS! Don't get that vax!!!
    Not unheard of... and coincidentally, 11 people:

The Who concert disaster occurred on December 3, 1979, when British rock band The Who performed at Riverfront Coliseum (now known as Heritage Bank Center) in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, and a rush of concert-goers outside the Coliseum's entry doors resulted in the deaths of 11 people.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ncert_disaster
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Oh come on! One of the few joys of getting old is getting to tell the next generation how tough we were back in the day...

Did any of them die of heart attacks?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Because it's pop.

You and I both know the music was the cake but the icing was the fact that there's an unwritten rule that if someone is on the ground you get your hands on him or her and get him or her to safety. The one I'll always remember from a show is that one dude who was stumbling out of the pit and how shocked he looked when I put hands on his shoulders, 'cause he thought I was going for him, but then I frog marched him over to the bar to get water and he thanked me profusely. That's what it is about.

Still is, as of Dec 2019, anyway, though my fusing vertebrae keep me out of the pit...

That's what it meant to be counter-cultural 30 years ago.... and it's still what it means. Participating in the counter-culture means treating strangers with sympathy, whether it's a Rainbow gathering or a GWAR concert.

The trouble is regular old traditional culture has infiltrated everywhere now. It's even in the SCA, which has turned into a woke mob that is more concerned with kicking people out than just being cool to each other.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

People were "injecting" drugs at this festival, allegedly? I wonder what drug(s) they would be injecting, and who in their right mind takes an injected drug at a festival? That's nuts.. The festivals I go to, some are much smaller, but some are also much larger than this.. nearly half the people are on molly and/or some psychedelics, and definitely a ton of weed.. there is also a good amount of drinking and probably a small amount of cocaine use as well, but nothing like this ever happens.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ban Feet.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did any of them die of heart attacks?
    Anytime someone can’t get air and/or is crushed could be termed a cardiac arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Not fun, but the kid is obviously having a seizure or fit. Was he an epileptic? Did he take some drugs? That does not look like a cardiac arrest.

From what I’ve read, it was a combination of factors. The fencing was designed with no relief points. It was a U shaped enclosure, and the pressure (people) could not be released out the sides. I’ve been in concert crowds like that, but there is usually room to leave out the sides.

A modern trend is towards corral type areas, so that VIP tickets can be closer with less density. Then the peons can crowd and compress together in fenced in areas.

Apparently Travis Scott is also known for inciting the crowds to go crazy.

Never heard of travis scott but I generally avoid houston .
    Do something Danke

From what I’ve read, it was a combination of factors. The fencing was designed with no relief points. It was a U shaped enclosure, and the pressure (people) could not be released out the sides. I’ve been in concert crowds like that, but there is usually room to leave out the sides.

A modern trend is towards corral type areas, so that VIP tickets can be closer with less density. Then the peons can crowd and compress together in fenced in areas.

Apparently Travis Scott is also known for inciting the crowds to go crazy.

At 4:16 you can definitely see how there might have been some fatalities in that mob...that ain't no mosh pit. What blows mind is how this $#@!e attracted a crowd that size! I think there was a vax requirement to get in so at least they won't be procreating.

This stampede was worse than 9/11, Pearl Harbor and Hitler's genocide combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post

At 4:16 you can definitely see how there might have been some fatalities in that mob...that ain't no mosh pit. What blows mind is how this $#@!e attracted a crowd that size! I think there was a vax requirement to get in so at least they won't be procreating.
    So he did the full show without any interruption. No one probably got crushed in the VIP sections nearest the stage.

The design of the audience corrals was probably a big factor. Multiple corners with no escape where people could get crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This stampede was worse than 9/11, Pearl Harbor and Hitler's genocide combined.
    If it was a right wing, conservative, libertarian or especially Trump event, that’s how MSNBC would describe it.

But considering the artist, it will probably get the swept under the rug treatment by the left media.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/RastaRedpill/sta...11380013936641
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Anytime someone can’t get air and/or is crushed could be termed a cardiac arrest.
    So I misunderstood?
    If people get trampled to death I wouldn't expect the reported cause of death to be "heart attacks"...

They were probably vaccinated. But that does not prove cause and effect, especially when getting crushed is the more likely cause.

I doubt it is related to COVID or the vaccines.
    I sort of agree, unless of course these young people dying of heart attacks were COVID vaxxed in the last 8 days (in which period the adverse effects of the COVID clot shots are the most dangerous).
    I'm afraid that if this is the case, we won't hear this from our wonderful media...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/RastaRedpill/sta...11380013936641
    It would be a very straightforward exercise to test all of the deceased for drugs.

Same (ish... I'm retired from moshing now). I've been in the Primus NYE pits on several occasions and plenty others. Pits are a little different than the "pushing" that happens at non-pit shows, though. Van Halen shows in the 80s were especially challenging. I had bruises across my chest from working up to front row at Monsters of Rock at Candlestick Park.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    ... the fact that there's an unwritten rule that if someone is on the ground you get your hands on him or her and get him or her to safety.
    I went down to the floor with several people on me at a Halloween (again, Van Halen) show at the Cow Palace in 1986. You can't breath down there. I grabbed some guy's leg to try to get up and like you said, he helped me up and I got the heck out of there. I was about 20 "rows" back. Safer and more stable to be in the first 5-10 "rows" but it's constant pressure. At 6'1", I was always one of the little guys up front.

...The fencing was designed with no relief points. It was a U shaped enclosure, and the pressure (people) could not be released out the sides. I’ve been in concert crowds like that, but there is usually room to leave out the sides.
    Wow, that's nuts. I've never seen that configuration either.

As with all these anecdotes, I've never heard of anyone dying at any show I went to let alone eleven from heart attack. We helped people up an over the front barricade when they were about to pass out and I've seen a few people hauled off on a gurney (I went to a lot of shows back then). My first thought on eleven heart attacks is microclotting from the jab. I'm sure we'll find out the truth any day now.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Same (ish... I'm retired from moshing now). I've been in the Primus NYE pits on several occasions and plenty others. Pits are a little different than the "pushing" that happens at non-pit shows, though. Van Halen shows in the 80s were especially challenging. I had bruises across my chest from working up to front row at Monsters of Rock at Candlestick Park.
    Exactly. There is plenty of room in the center of the mosh pit.

It's the shows where huge crowds pack in so tight that you can't move. I've been at shows like that. Your feet stay locked in place and the crowd can lean up to a 45 degree angle, only the people on the outer edges can fall. In the middle, there is no room to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    My first thought on eleven heart attacks is microclotting from the jab. I'm sure we'll find out the truth any day now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I sort of agree, unless of course these young people dying of heart attacks were COVID vaxxed in the last 8 days (in which period the adverse effects of the COVID clot shots are the most dangerous).
    I'm afraid that if this is the case, we won't hear this from our wonderful media...
    It's plausible that vaccine induced vascular problems were a contributing factor. We would never hear about that though, especially with the primary cause being crushed.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast