Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The dangerous nihilism of Trump voters

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Tickles. Better let it out.

"Nihilism" appears to have undergone some heavy semantic ravaging over the past two centuries.

Well, you got me there. Touché.

Sad.

Fair enough. I made the same mistake I've called others to task on, that of responsibility for that which one thinks, etc., in that instead of getting bunched in the undies at the fools who put dinner on this nitwit "author's" plate by reading his ill-begotten, if in places true, fare. Perhaps I'm just being touchy today... had a death in the family yesterday morning, a child I helped raise... no excuses, mind you, but a possible reason. This loss is still sinking in a bit, so perhaps I was a bit edgy. I guess I will have to concede.

Indeed I do. On a similar account, I too have my moments... impossible as that seems to so many.
    Sorry about your loss. That has to be rough to accept.

FWIW, most of the stuff I usually chose to pass on are only to share with others who might be either bemused or because the subject matter was relevant here to a subheading. I figure adults can apply their own crap meter and discard what they can't use. The thread was an odd stumble upon due to Soren Kierkegaard's birthday commemeration on brain pickings where they posted a quote that sent me down a rabbit trail. Bemused, I figured I'd pass it on. Jus' doin' a lil' rustling, I suppose.

~~~peace
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Sorry about your loss. That has to be rough to accept.

FWIW, most of the stuff I usually chose to pass on are only to share with others who might be either bemused or because the subject matter was relevant here to a subheading. I figure adults can apply their own crap meter and discard what they can't use. The thread was an odd stumble upon due to Soren Kierkegaard's birthday commemeration on brain pickings where they posted a quote that sent me down a rabbit trail. Bemused, I figured I'd pass it on. Jus' doin' a lil' rustling, I suppose.

~~~peace
    Thanks. She needed to go. She'd had a REALLY lousy hand dealt her.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Thanks. She needed to go. She'd had a REALLY lousy hand dealt her.
    My condolences, as well.

That's really tough- even if it is better for them in the long run.

Peace, Bro.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    My condolences, as well.

That's really tough- even if it is better for them in the long run.

Peace, Bro.
    Thanks, pal.

The tears started a short while ago. This really sucks... she was like my daughter.

All this because someone applied chlordane to the inside of a friend's house. It is such a terrible poison and it did such awful things to her infant's brain. And she paid the price for someone else's carelessness. And the worst of it is you can do nothing - no option to trade places. She was only 33.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he DONE got his mainly non-French derriere IMPEACHED by our HOUSE of REPs. i saw that one coming a mile way, indeedy.
    he was always never an IF question, instead he was a "When" question as far back as 2o16/17... and he has kept some of
    his campaign promises. Richard Milhous Nixon resigned, but felt he might have won out, had he stayed. Trump won't quit...

I predicted this would happen back in Spring of '86.

Quote Originally Posted by SummersEve View Post
    I predicted this would happen back in Spring of '86.
    And to think that RMN was alive and kicking then! He didn't pass away until 1992. Besides,
    they all know i've been posting on the topic of impeachment here since 2o17, you are a newbie.
    Were you on an earlier version of the current internet, then? Did you put anything in print?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    And to think that RMN was alive and kicking then! He didn't pass away until 1992. Besides,
    they all know i've been posting on the topic of impeachment here since 2o17, you are a newbie.
    Were you on an earlier version of the current internet, then? Did you put anything in print?
    My predictions are well-known and far-reaching.

My predictions are well-known and far-reaching.
    do you freely hand them out, in a manner like the late Edgar Cayce or do you demand a charge card the way most modern psychics do?

do you freely hand them out, in a manner like the late Edgar Cayce or do you demand a charge card the way most modern psychics do?
    My predictions are free to all.

My predictions are free to all.
    coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    Don't be jealous. The owner of the diner was a real dick anyway. You will find another gig. It's not like they have to pay you.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123