Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump calls Puerto Ricans lazy

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Do you really think that a Snopes reference will be taken seriously here at RPF? Or anywhere?

Making your case will require more credible sources than this.
    I did earlier but no one cares.

I even showed where Spanish speaking people were saying the Facebook vid was crap & that the guy never said they were striking. In fact he was saying they cancelled a strike that had been planned before the hurricane; he was ranting on the governor for new trucking laws on the vid but that's all. This is why so many volunteers have not been able to drive.

Also his trucking crew are NOT Teamsters- they are an independent group.

And the quote from the Army Col came from many different sources.

But, obviously, Puerto Ricans are just lying, lazy, no-good, brown-skinned, louts who deserve to have their country devastated.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Please realize who it is you are conversing with here, guys. Try to have some kindness and sympathy. And maybe consider better uses of your time? People are who they are. You can't make them smarter, you can't change genetics. We all have our intellectual limits. Would you go down to the Downs Syndrome Center and get into heated, angry arguments with the patients? Come on.

Let it go.
    Ad hominem fallacy, a display that you are unable to actually counter the arguments, and a suggestion that it isn't Ender who has hit their intellectual limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    But, obviously, Puerto Ricans are just lying, lazy, no-good, brown-skinned, louts who deserve to have their country devastated.
    If that is the way your really feel, I guess I'm cool with it.

If that is the way your really feel, I guess I'm cool with it.
    Quote that in full or don't quote at all.
    There is no spoon.

I did earlier but no one cares.

I even showed where Spanish speaking people were saying the Facebook vid was crap & that the guy never said they were striking. In fact he was saying they cancelled a strike that had been planned before the hurricane; he was ranting on the governor for new trucking laws on the vid but that's all. This is why so many volunteers have not been able to drive.

Also his trucking crew are NOT Teamsters- they are an independent group.

And the quote from the Army Col came from many different sources.

That you are even having to argue this is really a demonstration about how stupid nationalism makes you. People seem to forget that it is government that causes the problem in the first place, theirs and ours. It is pathetic that so many "libertarians" are on their knees ready to pleasure and defend the State that could care less if they lived or died.

I'm anxiously awaiting AF's response for this "libertarian case" for ending American flagged shippers.

I'm all for giving the people what they want in the aviation end, as well.

Let's all get ready for new low cost Liberian and Chinese flag airlines to fly you from Des Moines to all of your favorite domestic destinations.
    Sounds wonderful. If Liberian Airlines can give me a safe and cheaper flight than American Airlines then there is zero reason to not go with Liberian. Anti-free market protectionism is what has ruined air travel in the first place.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Anti-free market protectionism is what has ruined air travel in the first place.
    Please tell me what period of time it was that air travel was better. Please be specific.

None of those are different than here. Seems like every car rental place tries to screw you. Especially the cheaper ones like Thirfty. Many restaurants add 20% tip and leave the tip line blank. I just ate at a local place that did this last week. And tourists to any place always get overcharged and treated more poorly than locals. None of these examples impute to the Puerto Ricans some special level of corruption as a people. Indeed, judging millions off the few negative experiences you had is a collectivist error.
    Sure, there's scammers all around and you might encounter an occasional scam attempt......but once all of those things happen to you in the course of a FEW DAYS, it's clear what's really going on. For the record, I've never had a car rental place double charge for a rental anywhere else and I've traveled a lot. I've never had a tip automatically added to a bill except in the menu-stated case of a "party of 6 or more". Perhaps it is collectivist to label all locals there as scammers but the trend was very clear to me.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-03-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Ad hominem fallacy. Your inability to refute the claim or evidence doesn't disappear just because you attack the source.
    Sometimes a source is actually garbage.

Otherwise "fake news" would not be a part of the vernacular.

That you are even having to argue this is really a demonstration about how stupid nationalism makes you. People seem to forget that it is government that causes the problem in the first place, theirs and ours. It is pathetic that so many "libertarians" are on their knees ready to pleasure and defend the State that could care less if they lived or died.
    So forget the actual people on the actual ground telling their actual stories, anybody who believes the actual people o the actual ground must be nationalists, and therefore they are stupid?

Talk about logical fallacies!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So forget the actual people on the actual ground telling their actual stories, anybody who believes the actual people o the actual ground must be nationalists, and therefore they are stupid?

Talk about logical fallacies!
    I showed you actual sources on the ground.
    There is no spoon.

I showed you actual sources on the ground.
    The Mayor of San Juan is "on the ground" also, and look at the nonsense she is vomiting up.

I am deeply saddened by the biases you have revealed in this thread.

Please tell me what period of time it was that air travel was better. Please be specific.
    On Dec. 17th, 1903 one did not need a license to fly. It was better then.

The Mayor of San Juan is "on the ground" also, and look at the nonsense she is vomiting up.

I am deeply saddened by the biases you have revealed in this thread.
    I am deeply saddened by the biases YOU have revealed in this thread; there's a lot of info about the strike not being true and the state Puerto Rico is actually in.

Here's a local's story:

Phoenix native notes 'completely invisible' government response to Puerto Rico hurricane
    Jennifer Morrow was born and raised in Phoenix but decided to move to Puerto Rico in 2016 after making a stop in San Juan while on a Caribbean cruise and falling in love with the island.

She rode out Hurricane Maria in her concrete home in Humacoa, a beach town on the southeast corner of the island that was ground zero for the powerful storm as it slammed into Puerto Rico on Sept. 20, causing massive devastation.

Nearly two weeks later, Morrow remains almost completely cut off from the outside world after the hurricane knocked out electricity and cellphone communication on most of the island.

The Arizona Republic reached out to her through her Facebook page last Monday, five days after the storm made a direct hit on Puerto Rico. It took another six days for Morrow to respond after travelling into the mountains, where she managed briefly to get cellphone service.
    Through a series of texts, Morrow shared photos and provided a brief description of the dire situation in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory that's home to 3.4 million Americans.

"I am currently in Caguas, with phone service. Waiting in line to enter the grocery store to buy food. The store is barely operating on backup generators, and cash only payments.The lines for cash at the ATM is almost as long as the fuel lines.

Broken wind turbines and trees stripped bare by Hurricane Maria near Ceiba, Puerto Rico. (Photo: Jennifer Morrow/Special for The Republic)
    "We had water damage to our roof from Irma, (a monster hurricane that hit Puerto Rico two weeks earlier). (Hurricane) Maria made it worse, but the roof held. Concrete construction. We do not have electricity anywhere.

"Our neighborhood was the entry point for Hurricane Maria. The community is really coming together to help each other. It's not hot compared to Phoenix. The rain storm last night was cool and refreshing. But it brought more mudslides.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ane/725174001/

Teamsters Sending Drivers to Puerto Rico
    https://ucommblog.com/section/commun...rs-puerto-rico
    https://www.facebook.com/teamsters/p...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Ender; 10-03-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    There is no spoon.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am deeply saddened by the biases YOU have revealed in this thread; there's a lot of info about the strike not being true and the state Puerto Rico is actually in.
    If you really want to call actual facts "biases" then that simply contributes to my newly lowered opinion of you.

"in a week or so." Jimmy freakin Hoffa.

If you really want to call actual facts "biases" then that simply contributes to my newly lowered opinion of you.

"in a week or so." Jimmy freakin Hoffa.
    I get you don't like Hoffa but the strike story was false.

Here are actual facts from the Teamsters Union:

Stories Fabricated and Spread by Biased Online Sources to Further Anti-Union Agenda
    Press Contact
    Galen Munroe
    Email: gmunroe@teamster.org Phone: (202) 624-6911

(WASHINGTON) – The Teamsters Union denounces reports from online, anti-union sources that stated Teamster truck drivers in Puerto Rico have refused to move supplies from the port as part of an effort to leverage wage increases from the government. These reports are false and have no basis in fact.

The truth is that members from Teamsters Local Union 901 in San Juan have been working or volunteering since the day after the hurricane passed, helping with disaster relief and recovery.

“Let me be clear – Teamsters in Puerto Rico have been working on the relief efforts since day one,” said Alexis Rodriguez, Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters Local Union 901. “Anyone that has reported anything different is lying. Our only agenda is to help bring Puerto Rico back better and stronger.”

“These viral stories spreading across the internet are nothing but lies perpetrated by anti-union entities to further their destructive agenda,” said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa. “The fact that they are attempting to capitalize on the suffering of millions of citizens in Puerto Rico that are dire need of our help by pushing these false stories, just exposes their true nature.”

The union is also coordinating with the AFL-CIO to send Teamster volunteers to Puerto Rico to help augment the relief efforts. Hundreds of Teamsters have volunteered to aid in the recovery in the key areas like the distribution of aid and sanitation.

“The outpouring of volunteers from our membership across the country is truly inspiring,” said George Miranda, President of Teamsters Joint Council 16 in New York, N.Y. “We have had hundreds of members contact us to volunteer their time to go down to Puerto Rico to help with the relief efforts.”
    There is no spoon.

I get you don't like Hoffa but the strike story was false.

Here are actual facts from the Teamsters Union:
    So you are taking the Teamster's word that the Teamsters are all cute cuddly and good?

Yeah, no. I have literally zero interest in having a conversation with a chiropteran guano deranged propagandist.

Enjoy your thread, Ender, I will no longer be participating in it. So far as I am concerned, my respect for you has officially ended.

So you are taking the Teamster's word that the Teamsters are all cute cuddly and good?

Yeah, no. I have literally zero interest in having a conversation with a chiropteran guano deranged propagandist.

Enjoy your thread, Ender, I will no longer be participating in it. So far as I am concerned, my respect for you has officially ended.
    I've always liked you, Gunny- but please understand that the guy in that video was NOT from the Teamsters- you can find the info if you look.

Otherwise:

As...You...Wish......

There is no spoon.

How do the ATM's stay filled with cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    How do the ATM's stay filled with cash?
    Fed Reserve member bank ATM might just print the money as needed. Just fill up with paper and ink every once in a while.

Puerto Rico To Run Out Of Cash On October 31

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-04/it-will-be-disaster-puerto-rico-run-out-cash-october-31
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Puerto Rican Mayors Investigated For Hoarding Supplies For "Constituents Who Voted For Them"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-10/us-attorney-investigating-puerto-rican-mayors-keeping-supplies-constituents-who-vote
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    San Juan Mayor Who Criticized Trump Now Being Investigated for Corruption

Cortney O'Brien
    @obrienc2

Posted: Jun 13, 2018

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz infamously picked a fight with President Trump in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria last year, the storm that devastated Puerto Rico. The official death toll was 64, but Gov. Ricardo Rossello suggested the actual number is higher. President Trump signed a $36.5 billion aid package for the nation. Some of the aid took awhile to get to its destination. Cruz took aim at the White House in those months, accusing the U.S. government of turning its back on them.

Some of her messages were indirect. She wore a "Nasty Woman" shirt on CNN, in reference to Trump's insult for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign. Others were not blatant, like when she said Trump "speaks out of both sides of his mouth."

"On the one hand, he says he wants to help Puerto Rico. On the other hand, he imposed a 20% income tax on every good and service that comes from Puerto Rico into the United States. On the one hand, he says we will be with you for the long run. And on the other hand, the [Food and Drug Administration] is trying to convince pharmaceutical companies to leave Puerto Rico," she told Amanpour.

"He says he cares and he came here and threw paper towels at us," she continued, referring to Trump's visit to the city of Guaynabo in October. "And on the other hand, he doesn't provide his administration with a clear set of goals to help Puerto Rico."

The media ate it up. She was invited on late night talk shows to continue her tirade against the president. She expanded her criticism to weigh in on his policies.

Thankfully, when the two did eventually meet in Puerto Rico, they put a ceasefire on their war of words.

Cruz may be the hypocritical one here. New reports suggest that corruption in San Juan prevented critical supplies from reaching Hurricane Maria victims. The FBI is investigating suppliers and Cruz's administration.

According to a local news report from El Vocero de Puerto Rico, the FBI is investigating several suppliers for alleged corruption in San Juan.

It says the investigation was launched after former procurement director Yadira Molina filed a lawsuit claiming she faced punishment for reporting illegal activities to the local comptroller. The investigation has since grown to include several contractors.

“On February 21, Molina sued the city council after reporting alleged acts of corruption in the shopping division in the town hall under the administration of Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz Soto,” the report says.

The complaint states that Molina was blocked from her right “to report wrongdoing in her capacity as a private citizen, not as a public employee.” It says she was retaliated against for reporting an allegedly rigged system and was fired for attempting to report corruption, and includes other additional claims.

Until she and her staff are cleared of wrongdoing, perhaps she should withhold judgment of Trump's leadership style.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234