Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End Beard Oppression!

End Beard Oppression!

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm about 6 months into my beard... love it. Wife loves it.

One of the best comments on that video:

If you have a beard and can't change a f**king tire.... cut off your F**KING beard!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Heh, just coming up on the 6 month fall/winter growth, but alas spring is upon us. In the 70's for the next week. Almost time for the razor.

Proudly sporting a full beard since bootcamp in the 70's............

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Damn, you must have your own natural ghillie suit!

+rep

I'm still experimenting with length. Mine gets wirey and crazy if I let it go unchecked. I have a bristled brush and beard balm to try and 'get the hairs straight' but it ends up looking like this after awhile:

What I have now is more akin to this: The "Textured Short Beard" or "Medium Short Beard"

- Diogenes of Sinope

Your beards are oppressing me. I've been trying to grow one my whole life and can't get more than a little peach fuzz. It's not fair, Mr Animal got to grow his own boobies and they're bigger than mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    +rep

I'm still experimenting with length. Mine gets wirey and crazy if I let it go unchecked. I have a bristled brush and beard balm to try and 'get the hairs straight' but it ends up looking like this after awhile:

What I have now is more akin to this: The "Textured Short Beard" or "Medium Short Beard"
    Mine's short now, court battle for son, about 1-1/2", normally I like to keep it in the 4-7" range, kinda long but not long enough to get snagged in tools.

I have had it past my nipples when I was younger..

If yours gets wild quit putting foo-foo juice on it, let it grow and keep a good stiff bristled brush with you. The longer it gets the more manageable it'll become.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Dude! Guy looked awesome with that beard.... now he INSTANTLY went back to looking like an androgynous metrosexual wiener.

- Diogenes of Sinope

The longer it gets the more manageable it'll become.
    This is truth

Been a mild winter for me.. I think it stunted the growth. I think I only trimmed it once.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I shaved clean at the beginning of January. The only reason is because I found my old straight razor and the only thing that comes close to being as manly as growing a beard, is straight shaving.

I know I hadn't seen my bare chin in over a decade.

So I got done shaving, and looked at myself in a mirror, and thought "Well, now I can say I did it".... and resolved not to do it again for at least another 10 years.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Your beards are oppressing me. I've been trying to grow one my whole life and can't get more than a little peach fuzz. It's not fair, Mr Animal got to grow his own boobies and they're bigger than mine.
    You can always try knitting one.

I hate when you guys talk about beards. I find them totally repulsive, disgusting. When you eat, food gets stuck in it. When you blow your nose, snot gets stuck in it. Yucky, yucky, yucky. I would never kiss a man with a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    You can always try knitting one.
    Sadly, I'm not crafty.

Edit to add: that beard looks like popcorn.O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I hate when you guys talk about beards. I find them totally repulsive, disgusting. When you eat, food gets stuck in it. When you blow your nose, snot gets stuck in it. Yucky, yucky, yucky. I would never kiss a man with a beard.
    He's not kissing you in the right spots.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I shaved mine off a few weeks ago. I literally felt like I was castrating myself. It was about six inches long

My wife likes my beard but not when it gets too much. It tickles her when we kiss.

I'll restart it for Lent next week. This time I'm going to make the guys from ZZtop jealous!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's it, I'm growing mine. I don't care how much the ol' lady bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I shaved mine off a few weeks ago. I literally felt like I was castrating myself. It was about six inches long

My wife likes my beard but not when it gets too much. It tickles her when we kiss.

I'll restart it for Lent next week. This time I'm going to make the guys from ZZtop jealous!

My husband has a mustache and I haven't kisses him in eight years ((( ... Hair on the face just disgusts me.

My husband has a mustache and I haven't kisses him in eight years ((( ... Hair on the face just disgusts me.
    Oh

I have a goatee, but my neck gets too damn itchy for a full on beard.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

8 frigging years.......
    I do a little peck on his forehead, lol. Unfortunately, having owned a floor covering business, with installers with beards, I have seen the most disgusting people who have awful hygiene. I remember one older guy with a beard who chewed tobacco, and when he came into the store, there were bits of chit hanging from his beard. I have this opinion, that guys with beards, are nasty and probably never wash their hands when they use the potty. Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 11:18 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My favorite thing about having a beard is eating runny eggs. Letting the yolk run down the hairs until they dry crusted on the beard like yellow icicles. Then when I get hungry later I can just put my beard in my mouth and suck the yolk out.
    The best part about having a beard is when you go down you can save the flavor for days.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    My favorite thing about having a beard is eating runny eggs. Letting the yolk run down the hairs until they dry crusted on the beard like yellow icicles. Then when I get hungry later I can just put my beard in my mouth and suck the yolk out.
    OMG, I rest my case.

The best part about having a beard is when you go down you can save the flavor for days.
    Totally that too.

So you purposely drool and don't swallow the whole load at one time?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So you purposely drool and don't swallow the whole load at one time?
    I think your reference point must be different from mine.

I think your reference point must be different from mine.
    Yeah, I guess in the military the only people they could have beards were sailors.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast