Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Nunes memo released

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    CNN needed to mention but cleverly omits that statement by Sessions was before the memorandum naming Rosenstein as one of the gang of five that signed off on the FISA application/renewals -
    Comey three times, McCabe, Yates, Boente, and co-conspirator no. 5 Rosenstein, probably twice.
    He is still Dopey Sessions, Rosenstein was the one who started the special counsel investigation.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-03-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    CNN needed to mention but cleverly omits that statement by Sessions was before the memorandum naming Rosenstein as one of the gang of five that signed off on the FISA application/renewals -
    Comey three times, McCabe, Yates, Boente, and co-conspirator no. 5 Rosenstein, probably twice.
    The enemedia are masters at doing dishonest tricks like that. If they only would do real investigative journalism like a real free press there would be a lot less corruption. Unfortunately they are part of the corruption.
    Last edited by seapilot; 02-03-2018 at 11:19 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

All of these people are guilty, at a minimum of corruption, conspiracy and fraud. I’m no legal scholar, so I’m sure the list of offenses is longer than one of Hillary Clinton’s tirades after someone criticized her latest pantsuit atrocity.
    This ultimately opens all of these organizations up to the biggest civil rights class action lawsuit in the history of this country. The Obama administration and the Democratic Party used opposition research to paint a false narrative of corruption in the Oval Office to discredit the election.
    How many riots and street demonstrations did we see in 2017 as outraged and triggered liberals ran around smashing in windows and beating people up because of their delusion based on a lie?
    How many hours of lost productivity did the country suffer because of FBI complicity in an operation to overturn a legal election?
    How many millions in property damage? Destroyed careers?
    What about the direct victims of this disgusting display of government corruption taken to its logical conclusion?
    Why is Michael Flynn nearly bankrupt after being hounded by Mueller for months only to get a nothing guilty plea on the thinnest of procedural offenses?
    When the corruption is this venal isn’t it our right under the Constitution to petition our government for a redress of grievances? Who do we sue?
    Because there’s material harm here and someone should be held responsible. This began under Obama’s watch. He set this whole process in motion. High ranking members of his cabinet are directly implicated by the facts in the memo.
    And the memo is just the beginning of the discovery phase of this very public trial.
    Government on Trial

But, I want more than that. I want it all out in the open. And I want those responsible, those for whom the titles, salaries, benefits and power we bestow on them to do our work, to stand up and be accountable.
    And if they are too venal, feckless and narcissistic to admit these things, then we’ll drag them through the most embarrassing of show trials.
    And that means stripping them of their wealth, power and privilege.
    It means turning off their house organs in the media; outing the enablers, leakers, trolls and spooks.
    It means releasing everything, unredacted, in the name of national security.

It means reminding them of just how much all of that depends on our consent, not theirs.
    Because if we don’t demand these things, then next time there won’t even be the pretense of an election.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...n-almost-wasnt

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He is still Dopey Sessions, Rosenstein was the one who started the special counsel investigation.
    Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein threatened to subpoena the "texts and messages" of House Intel Committee Chairman Devin Nunes and other members of Congress, according to legal analyst Greg Jarrett.
    I can tell you a congressional source tells me that Rod Rosenstein in a meeting three weeks ago threatened Chairman Nunes and members of Congress he was going to subpoena their texts and messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee. That’s threats and intimidation and retaliation. -Greg Jarrett

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ubpoena-report

Click here to view the original image of 898x565px.

Sessions: Rosenstein is leadership we want

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein represents the "kind of quality and leadership that we want in the department."

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ership-sot.cnn

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A federal judge told the Department of Justice to explain why the release of the House Intelligence Committee's memo today shouldn't force investigators to acknowledge the existence of more records related to foreign surveillance.Until this point, the Justice Department said it couldn't confirm or deny the existence of foreign surveillance-related records regarding Donald Trump and his business and campaign associates. That disclosure would hurt national security and could interfere with the ongoing special counsel investigation into Russian collusion and the election, the FBI has claimed.
    The White House declassified and House Republicans released a controversial memo Friday that prompted the judge's action. The memo describes Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court actions that allowed federal authorities to monitor former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page in 2016 and 2017.
    The Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, filed by the James Madison Project and USA Today reporter Brad Heath in April, sought records from the FBI of FISA applications and authorizations for surveillance of the Trump Organization, President Donald Trump, his campaign and associated people.
    A filing from USA Today's lawyers Friday pointed out that the late-October 2016 issuance of the FISA warrant on Page matched the month that Trump claims the Obama administration started wiretapping his phones at Trump Tower in New York.
    "I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!" Trump tweeted in March.
    I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

The Department of Justice's response is due February 14.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/politi...NN+-+Politics)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested he planned to refer a newly released memo alleging bias against Donald Trump to the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

In a statement following the memo’s release, Mr Sessions said Congress had spotlighted “an issue of great importance for the country” and noted that “concerns had been raised” about the performance of the Justice Department, which he leads as America’s top law enforcement official.
    While he said in a statement he had “great confidence” in the Justice Department’s employees, Mr Sessions added that “no Department is perfect”.
    “Accordingly, I will forward to appropriate DOJ components all information I receive from Congress regarding this,” Mr Sessions said, vowing to “fully and fairly ascertain the truth”.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nunes-mem...004115814.html

What took so long Dopey?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    The enemedia are masters at doing dishonest tricks like that. If they only would do real investigative journalism like a real free press there would be a lot less corruption. Unfortunately they are part of the corruption.
    CNN has had a very bad week in a bad year for them.
    Maybe Jeff Sessions still thinks Rosenstein is still great after the memo release,
    but I am on to CNN now seeing what they are up to in order to control what the sheeple are told to incite contempt.
    They constantly update so that their jaded news feeds come up at top of Google searches.

The Intel committee votes Monday night and CNN has Schiff as the newsmaker with reports how unfair that his 10 page memo won't be released at same time.
    FBI Director Wray reads the Nunes memo divulging very little info other than naming names, and CNN has Wray threatening to quit,
    when in reality with all the info in the Dim Schiff 10 pages - even if it was voted to be released in the future, the executive branch would never allow it's release - especially Wray!

Rosenstein is like a deer caught in the headlights now.

Last edited by Jan2017; 02-04-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Gee, how on earth did we ever find out what the fake news sites were blathering without your help?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Jan2017

A federal judge told the Department of Justice to explain why the release of the House Intelligence Committee's memo today shouldn't force investigators to acknowledge the existence of more records related to foreign surveillance.
    A filing from USA Today's lawyers Friday pointed out that the late-October 2016 issuance of the FISA warrant on Page matched the month that Trump claims the Obama administration started wiretapping his phones at Trump Tower in New York.
    "I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!" Trump tweeted in March.
    I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

The Department of Justice's response is due February 14.
    Let's find the FISA judge(s) that are issuing these warrants on shaded DNC/Clinton cabal sponsored intel for
    the likes of Defendants Yates and Comey et al. . . .

http://www.fisc.uscourts.gov/current-membership

Judge Judicial District /Circuit Date Designated Term expires
    Rosemary M. Collyer (Presiding) District of Columbia / D.C. March 8, 2013 March 7, 2020
    James E. Boasberg District of Columbia / D.C. May 19, 2014 March 18, 2021
    Rudolph Contreras District of Columbia / D.C. May 19, 2016 May 18, 2023
    Anne C. Conway Middle District of Florida / 11th May 19, 2016 May 18, 2023
    Raymond J. Dearie Eastern District of New York / 2nd July 2, 2012 July 1, 2019
    Claire V. Eagan Northern District of Oklahoma / 10th February 13, 2013 May 18, 2019
    James P. Jones Western District of Virginia /4th May 19, 2015 May 18, 2022
    Robert B. Kugler District of New Jersey / 3rd May 19, 2017 May 18, 2024
    Michael W. Mosman District of Oregon / 9th May 04, 2013 May 03, 2020
    Thomas B. Russell Western District of Kentucky / 6th May 19, 2015 May 18, 2022
    F. Dennis Saylor IV District of Massachusetts / 1st May 19, 2011 May 18, 2018

Couldn't be FISA Judge Robert B. Kugler though, since he was appointed May 2017.
    Who did Justice Kugler replace on FISA Court ?
    fwiw, DC Circuit Judges ARE likely to have been useful to the Clinton cabal FISA warrants.

Presiding FISA Judge Collyer - as District Judge did rule on Obamacare in 2016 that the reimbursements
    for healthcare subsidies - the funding to insurers for low income individuals - is unconstitutional.

"Such an appropriation cannot be inferred," she wrote of the payments, and insurer "reimbursements without an appropriation thus violates the Constitution." However, Collyer declined to enforce her decision, pending an appeal to a higher court. That appeal was filed in July and is still months away from resolution.
    In May 2016 FISA Court appointees Justices Contreras (DC Circuit) and Conway (Florida/11th Federal Circuit)
    arrived on the scene as candidates for Comey dirty deeds.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-04-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Crime is great for career advancement.

http://wagcenter.com/corporate-wags/...sa-barsoomian/

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Crime is great for career advancement.

http://wagcenter.com/corporate-wags/...sa-barsoomian/
    It took half as long to read that so-called "article" as it did to close all the pop-up ads.

Well, Fox News Sunday is certainly being fair and balanced. They're giving Democrats plenty of time to say the Nunes memo is harming the American people by 'muddying the waters' of the vital Russia investigation and shaking confidence in the angelic FBI.

They're also working hard to protect Robert Mueller's job--even to the point if intimating that firing him would be Nixonian.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-04-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Jan2017

Any bets that May 2016 FISA court appointee from the DC Circuit Rudolph Contreras is involved in one or more of the FISA warrants?

On June 29, 2016 -
    a week before the Comey July 5, 2016 statement and day before his Chief of Staff James E. Rybicki made material changes to that statement . . .

[COLOR=#00588F !important]June 29, 2016: [/COLOR]
    The State Department wants to delay the release of emails between Clinton’s former aides and the Clinton Foundation until well after the 2016 presidential election.

Justice Department lawyers acting on behalf of the State Department ask US District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras for an extension until October 2018 – more than two years.
    Citizens United president David Bossie says, “This is totally unacceptable; the State Department is using taxpayer dollars to protect their candidate Hillary Clinton. The American people have a right to see these emails before the [November 2016 presidential] election. […]
    The conflicts of interest that were made possible by the activities of Hillary Clinton’s State Department in tandem with the Clinton Foundation are of significant importance to the public and the law enforcement community.” (
    Politico, 6/29/2016)

fwiw, FISA Justice Rudolph Contreras was preceded on the court by Thomas F. Hogan who served on the FISA Court from
    May 2014 - May 2016 appointed by John Roberts as the FISA presiding judge, Collyer moved up as FISA presiding judge.

Justice Hogan is notable for his ruling in the case of William J. Clinton, President of the United States et al. v.
    City of New York et al.
    that the Line Item Veto Act of 1996 was unconstitutional, affirmed by the Supreme Court 6-3.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-04-2018 at 11:19 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All FISA judges appointed by John Roberts!

Also this is quite a terrible requirement

In 2001, the USA PATRIOT Act expanded the court from seven to eleven judges, and required that at least three of the Court's judges live within twenty miles (32 km) of the District of Columbia

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The Benghazi investigations lasted four years. There were more than a half dozen separate inquiries, which cost millions of dollars. They resulted in precisely nothing.

Welcome to DC. This is exceedingly normal.
    That was probably more evidence of an escalation of partisanship and defense of Hillary that permeated the upper levels of government.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Nice to see the count admit the "Russiagate" has precisely nothing.

The Benghazi investigation is not a quite parallel, however. Benghazi was an event that actually took place. It was also far less serious matter than a government insiders manufacturing evidence, well-timed leaks and accusations, to upstage a US election and its results. In Benghazi there was no FBI involved collusion or manufacture of fake evidence. There was no special counsel appointed.
    Contrary to Count, the investigation did not last "four years."
    The FBI investigation was/is focused on the Wahhabi actors, not US political leadership. There was no criminal investigation of the political leadership.
    The House Committees completed its investigation in 1.5 years.
    The State Department Accountability Review Board in just over two months.
    Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs in just over two months.
    Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in under two years
    The House Select Committee in a year and half.
    All in all the entire timeline was less than three years. Subsequent revelations came from other investigations such as the email server scandal.
    While the final Banghazi reports were considered a whitewash by survivors and family members, the unclassified versions did nevertheless conclude exceptionally poor judgment, "systemic failures of leadership and management" at the State Department; grossly inadequate decision making; that the attacks were pre-planned; that there were no protests in the area; that the attack did not precipitate from protests and State Department gave false information about protests; that the State Department systematically withdrew security despite full knowledge of and assessments of high risk of significant attacks; The Administration willfully perpetuated a deliberately misleading and incomplete narrative that the attacks evolved from a political demonstration caused by a YouTube video; the Administration altered the talking points to remove references to the likely participation of Islamic extremists in the attacks. The Administration also removed references to the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa'ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya - and that's just the conclusions that were considered a whitewash. The bigger whitewash however is that the "consulate"'s rear purpose was likely for the cover and smuggling of arms to terrorists proxy groups.
    IIRC, Benghazi was about incompetence which resulted in the deaths of Americans, and lame cover stories to distract from that incompetence. Quite a different situation than is being uncovered right now. Incompetence is not a well-defined crime. It seems like there were no clear crimes in the Benghazi incident, unless the secret arms deals were illegal for some reason.

What we have now are clear crimes, and attempts to usurp an election. Far more serious than Benghazi. Any mundanes would be breaking rocks in some Federal prison right now if they stood accused of these crimes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

There seems to be civil war brewing between GOP-conservative wing (Sessions, Bannon, Coulter, Freedom Caucus etc) and GOP Javanka/moderate neocon wing. This could be the toughest challenge Trump will face, dumb Dems were easy game relatively. He has conquered good part of media but GOP base has started to raise muted protests against Trump since DACA meeting.

Bannon claims Trump disparaged Sessions to provide “cover” for Kushner

Bannon’s gripe against Kushner in Vanity Fair continues: He claims that Donald Trump’s disparaging tweets about Attorney General Jeff Sessions were designed to provide “cover” for Kushner by steering negative media attention toward Sessions and away from Kushner as he was scheduled to testify before a Senate committee.

Getting mauled by Steve Bannon might not be the worst thing to happen to the president’s son-in-law this week. He and Ivanka were sued by a private attorney for failing to disclose assets from 30 investment funds on their federal financial disclosure forms. Perhaps more ominous for Kushner, and according to the New York Times, federal prosecutors in Brooklyn have subpoenaed Deutsche Bank records about Kushner’s family’s real estate business. “There is no indication that the subpoena is related to the investigation being conducted by Robert S. Mueller III,” the Times allowed. Yeah, but wouldn’t you want to be there when Mueller’s team invites Bannon in to talk to him about the Vanity Fair and they ask him, “What did you mean about Jared taking meetings with Russians to get additional stuff? Like, what stuff?”

The Washington Post reports that his lawyer, Abbe Lowell, has been shopping for a “crisis public relations firm” over the past two weeks.
    (Senator Robert Menendez, the recent beneficiary of a deadlocked corruption trial, is another Lowell client.)

Jared Kushner and Donald Trump Jr. Could Go to Jail for Money Laundering If Steve Bannon Is Right

By Nicole Goodkind On 1/4/18

http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushne...ndering-771166

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    . . . this is quite a terrible requirement
    In 2001, the USA PATRIOT Act expanded the court from seven to eleven judges, and required that at least three of the Court's judges live within twenty miles (32 km) of the District of Columbia
    Nice pickup +rep

Contreras fits the bill to a tee . . .
    lives in Washington DC now, and previous addresses in Virginia with his wife, the former Karen E. McSweeney

81 year old mom Amparo P. Contreras still in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Who's out of touch now? More than ten years ago.

Ah, the good old days, when Sean Hannity would attack Ron for the audacity to question the FBI. Today Hannity is leading the charge against the FBI/DOJ corruption and the leftists and Democrats are defending the honor of the FBI.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Paul Craig Roberts is clearly impressed by the Sunday morning coverup--er, I mean coverage...

We know that there is not an ounce of integrity in the presstitute media and no respect whatsoever for truth. The press prostitutes are a lie factory. Nothing else can be said for them. CNN presstitutes Pamela Brown and Jim Sciutto misrepresent documented findings of the House Intelligence Committee, findings backed up by the released FISA court document, as a “highly controversial memo” that “is the most explicit Republican effort yet to discredit the FBI’s investigation into Trump and Russia, alleging that the investigation was infused with an anti-Trump bias under the Obama administration and supported with political opposition research.”

Are Pamela Brown and Jim Sciutto so utterly incompetent that they are unaware that endless emails reveal the anti-Trump bias and that the Steele dossier was paid political opposition research? How can anyone pretending to be a reporter pretend not to know the available documented undisputed facts?
    https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/201...mittee-report/

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Paul Craig Roberts is clearly impressed by the Sunday morning coverup--er, I mean coverage...

All they know how to do is spin. Even when the truth is exposed and known, they still spin it because that is what they are paid to do. True honorable journalism is exceedingly rare today on the tv networks and major cable stations. The press has been the greatest let down of all to the American people. Had they done their job honorably, things would never have gotten so bad in the government. They are supposed to be the check on the system against growing corruption. I hold them most accountable
    Last edited by TER; 02-04-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein threatened to subpoena the "texts and messages" of House Intel Committee Chairman Devin Nunes and other members of Congress, according to legal analyst Greg Jarrett.
    I can tell you a congressional source tells me that Rod Rosenstein in a meeting three weeks ago threatened Chairman Nunes and members of Congress he was going to subpoena their texts and messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee. That’s threats and intimidation and retaliation. -Greg Jarrett

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ubpoena-report
    Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested he planned to refer a newly released memo alleging bias against Donald Trump to the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.
    What took so long Dopey?
    You may have answered your own question in the previous post...

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    All they know how to do is spin. Even when the truth is exposed and known, they still spin it because that is what they are paid to do. True honorable journalism is exceedingly rare today on the tv networks and major cable stations. The press has been the greatest let down of all to the American people. Had they done their job honorably, things would never have gotten so bad in the government. They are supposed to be the check on the system against growing corruption. I hold them most accountable
    Watching the pundits and "experts" on TV today, it occurred to me it's almost been a year and half of non-stop CYA, spin and lies. It's almost the only thing that comes out of their mouths, like there is no honest discussion of anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Watching the pundits and "experts" on TV today, it occurred to me it's almost been a year and half of non-stop CYA, spin and lies. It's almost the only thing that comes out of their mouths, like there is no honest discussion of anything anymore.
    The era of Point/Counterpoint with substantive documented discourse is over. "An unnamed source of an unnamed source is reported to have said...." is the sNew standard.

The cooperative principle needs to be reintroduced into our lives - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_principle . I remember somebody having this as their sig.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The era of Point/Counterpoint with substantive documented discourse is over. "An unnamed source of an unnamed source is reported to have said...." is the sNew standard.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

You may have answered your own question in the previous post...
    I don't see the relationship.

Dopey Sessions should have had the DOJ internal watchdog on the case as soon as he took over.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Republican Rep. Brad Wenstrup says he would back the release of more classified information related to a recently released GOP memo, including a Democratic rebuttal memo, relevant testimony and other material."I'm all for that. Open it up," Wenstrup said on CNN's "State of the Union."
    The Ohio Republican, who sits on the House Intelligence Committee, was speaking alongside a Democratic colleague on the panel, Rep. Jim Himes of Connecticut.
    Himes said he backed the release of any relevant transcript that would shed light on what recently retired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said in testimony about the importance of an opposition research dossier on then-candidate Donald Trump in obtaining a warrant on former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

"I would even support, if it could be redacted in such a way as not to be damaging, I would support releasing the underlying FISA applications," Himes said.

More at: http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/04/politi...ntv/index.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

"I would even support, if it could be redacted in such a way as not to be damaging, I would support releasing the underlying FISA applications," Himes said.
    Just gives us the dates of all the FISA warrants for starters, if you dare. Very telling information in itself.

The Onion Nails it: FBI Warns Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies

"FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States.

'Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,' said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups.

'If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.' At press time, Wray confirmed the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies were unaware of any wrongdoing for violating constitutional rights."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    All in good time...
    yup, the snowball is rolling down the hill, we don't have to use up energy yelling at the snowball to roll faster.

I don't see the relationship.

Dopey Sessions should have had the DOJ internal watchdog on the case as soon as he took over.
    Perhaps Nunes wasn't the only person threatened by the deep state...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast