Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore Talks Why Trump Won, Abolishing Electoral College, What Democrats Must Do

Quote Originally Posted by mvymvy View Post
    In Gallup polls....
    You have not cited one single item in your post. Support for your national popular vote has fallen.

Support for a national popular vote for President has been strong among Republicans, Democrats, and Independent voters,....

No, it is not strong among Republicans:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/198917/am...s-sharply.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Support the National Popular Vote bill

Massachusetts: Tell the Senate to pass National Popular Vote!

Do you think that the President of the United States should be elected by popular vote — rather than voters in a handful of so-called “swing states” deciding the outcome? Shouldn’t everyone’s vote count equally?

If you said “yes”, please take a moment to email your State Senator in support of National Popular Vote.

http://www.commoncause.org/siteapps/...QIwG&b=4344431
    This is mvymvy's very first post. Every single one of his posts is against the electoral process for the presidential election.

I don't know what kind of troll he is, but at least he stays on point, unlike some of our general demoralization trolls with which we are most familiar.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 08-11-2017 at 08:43 PM.

@mvymvy

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...nal-roadblocks

NPV proponents claim no constitutional amendment is needed because the Constitution leaves the appointment of electors to the states.

This is true, but the U.S. Supreme Court will likely object to this plan because it violates the Compact Clause of the Constitution.

The Compact Clause prohibits states from making interstate agreements without Congress’s approval. NPV enthusiasts concede the plan is an interstate compact, but they claim it does not need congressional approval.

The Supreme Court has allowed some interstate agreements without congressional approval, but only those that do not disadvantage states that have not joined the agreement. For example, the Court has allowed agreements resolving state boundaries or multistate tax commissions to exist without congressional approval. However, these are dramatically different from agreeing to intentionally circumvent how the President is elected. Since the NPV compact proposes such a dramatic change to the constitutional system of electing the President, it must be submitted to Congress.

However, Congress is constitutionally incapable of approving the NPV.

The Supreme Court has held that congressional approval of an interstate agreement makes the agreement federal law. The Supremacy Clause prevents Congress from enacting laws contrary to the Constitution.

Congress could not constitutionally create a popular vote system by itself. How could it enact a state-based plan that does the same?

In short, it cannot. Thus, the dilemma facing NPV proponents: the NPV compact must be submitted to Congress but cannot be approved by Congress. Any effort to change the Electoral College system to a national popular vote system will need a constitutional amendment.
    Thoughts?

NPV is like adding a new rule to an unwilling game of house.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unable to agree on any particular method, the Founding Fathers left the choice of method for selecting presidential electors exclusively to the states by adopting the language contained in section 1 of Article II of the U.S. Constitution-- "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors . . ." ".
    Wait - you're just glossing over the whole Hamilton thing?
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-11-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    This is mvymvy's very first post.

mvymvy quotes CommonCause.org, an organization promoting minimum wage, net neutrality, national popular vote, "broadband for all," continuation of phone subsidies for people, etc.

mvymvy has made a handful of posts since 2008, all of them being about the national popular vote. What kind of person does this? So does he work for Common Cause? Open Society Foundations?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    mvymvy quotes CommonCause.org, an organization promoting minimum wage, net neutrality, national popular vote, "broadband for all," continuation of phone subsidies for people, etc.

mvymvy has made a handful of posts since 2008, all of them being about the national popular vote. What kind of person does this? So does he work for Common Cause? Open Society Foundations?
    Whats really weird is that s/he reappeared for this thread. Is there an alarm that's triggered when certain subjects come up? (I know the Jewish community used to have such a system. Probably still do, just more evolved.)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Whats really weird is that s/he reappeared for this thread. Is there an alarm that's triggered when certain subjects come up? (I know the Jewish community used to have such a system. Probably still do, just more evolved.)

Hmm; that could be. I noticed though that there are threads with the words "electoral college" where mvymvy did not post; however, I notice that a lot of these guys are occasional posters. Either way, these guys aren't some run-of-the-mill college boys goofing on a forum. I'd bet more than even money some of them are with Soros' Open Society Foundation projects.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    probable/possible AI aka: chat bot (not kidding)

Morons?
    Yes, morons.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    probable/possible AI aka: chat bot (not kidding)
    The interesting thing is there is always some troll meddling on RPF.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The interesting thing is there is always some troll meddling on RPF.
    Ron Paul and this site sure do spook someone. A lot of these people probably showed up in 2007-08. There were all kinds of articles from Jewish sites and elsewhere in 2008 and 2012 fearing Ron Paul. Like this:

"Ron Paul excluded from Republican Jewish Coalition forum"
    Monday 5 December 2011 16.59 EST
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-bans-ron-paul

They were still at it after the 2012 election. From the Southern Poverty Law Center:
    "Ron Paul’s New Organization Reportedly Stacked with Extremists"
    April 26, 2013
    https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ked-extremists

Notice that their themes are all the same? They all directly or indirectly favor globalism, centralization, social programs, and the current monetary system of central control and promotion of credit etc. The national popular vote fits that pattern.

Srsly... Reading then Responding/Conversing/Persuading in text
    would be child's play at this point.

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-11-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Srsly... Reading then Responding/Conversing/Persuading in text
    would be child's play at this point.

CPUd seemed to struggle with it, perhaps he wasn't the latest generation?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One of these Israeli guys was on RPF. Not sure if he was with this specific program or a similar program.

Article, with excerpts, below:

Israel to pay students to defend it online
    AP Published 9:11 a.m. ET Aug. 14, 2013 | Updated 11:47 a.m. ET Aug. 14, 2013

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is looking to hire university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks — without needing to identify themselves as government-linked, officials said Wednesday.

The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials.

An Israeli official said Wednesday that scholarship recipients would be free to decide whether or not to identify themselves as part of the program, which would begin within months.

"Everyone who believes in the cause, and wants to join, can join," he told The Associated Press. He said the office was looking to budget $778,000 for the project, and that the national Israeli student association would select participants from a pool of applicants.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...media/2651715/

from Youtube's own blog...
    Machine Learning
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017
    YouTube AI to detect and restrict videos containing "hate speech and violent extremism"

results:

Just what the hell is net neutrality? I didn't know the web was a sovereign entity or capable of being.

One of these Israeli guys was on RPF. Not sure if he was with this specific program or a similar program.

Article, with excerpts, below:
    Is that where the holocaust money goes now?
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 08-11-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Just what the hell is net neutrality? I didn't know the web was a sovereign entity capable of being.
    Net neutrality means the government would force ISPs to treat all types of data equally and not sell priority to video streamers etc.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Net neutrality means the government would force ISPs to treat all types of data equally and not sell priority to video streamers etc.
    So a mandated bottleneck of sorts?

You could call it that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Internet is series of tubes!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The Internet is series of tubes!
    lol ok, wise guy, but I'm not the congress trying to regulate the æther.

Is that where the holocaust money goes now?

Well, the US gives Israel over 3 billion per year, so you might say that you* are probably paying people to troll your website.

*Assuming you pay US taxes

lol ok, wise guy, but I'm not the congress trying to regulate the æther.
    The funny thing is the guy was right. Here is an earlier video explaining internet to users clearly showing the internet as series of "tubes". A good watch:

Exactly. remember the "Free NFL Sunday Ticket" packages video providers offered as incentives? This makes sure that doesn't happen. All things must be equal in Prog-ville.

What's really frightening is that young Libertarians are incapable of believing that it's a bad thing. They support government intervention in this market.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Net neutrality means government regulation of ISP's, period. It may start out looking innocent enough but rest assured just like everything else the government oversees, it will grow into a bureaucratic nightmare that stifles competition resulting in the ruin of everything we love about the internet.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

he National Popular Vote bill would guarantee the majority of Electoral College votes and the presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in the country. It does not abolish the Electoral College.
    Right, but it renders the Electoral College completely useless. NPV is stupid.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast