Thread: Anybody Else Get the Memo About "Sexual Preference" Being An Offensive Term?

Anybody Else Get the Memo About "Sexual Preference" Being An Offensive Term?

Media is attacking ACB over her use of the term "sexual preference", saying that it is offensive.

People don't CHOOSE their sexual orientation, afterall.. Well, do people choose whether they have a preference for chocolate or vanilla, or are they born that way? What the hell is this? Did anybody else receive this memo?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah. This accusation was thrown at Barrett today by (unmarried) Crazy Mazie Hirono.

On top of that, Crazy asked Barrett if she had ever sexually harassed anyone. Barrett said "no". Checkmate. Crazy Mazie has an ace up her sleeve to contradict that denial...star witness coming up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mazie.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	7762
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ah. This accusation was thrown at Barrett today by (unmarried) Crazy Mazie Hirono.

On top of that, Crazy asked Barrett if she had ever sexually harassed anyone. Barrett said "no". Checkmate. Crazy Mazie has an ace up her sleeve to contradict that denial...star witness coming up.

LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Anybody Else Get the Memo About "Sexual Preference" Being An Offensive Term?
    Expectations of getting memos?

Pretty sure that's a white privilege thing.

Reported.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

All word and gestures whether spoken or not are now deemed offensive by someone.

I can't believe the Business Insider headline blanked out the word "sexual" when the word "sex" is what just-us Kagan used to justify expanding the 1964 civil rights act to cover sexual preference. And now what do all of those organizations do that have printed materials saying "We do not discriminate based on sexual preference?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I can't believe the Business Insider headline blanked out the word "sexual" when the word "sex" is what just-us Kagan used to justify expanding the 1964 civil rights act to cover sexual preference. And now what do all of those organizations do that have printed materials saying "We do not discriminate based on sexual preference?"
    Vocabulary and Freedom of Speech should truly be a Supreme Court Issue. This has gotten out of hand over the last few years. We are supposed to tolerate speech that we do not like or agree with not stifle it. There should be no such thing as offensive or hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Vocabulary and Freedom of Speech should truly be a Supreme Court Issue. This has gotten out of hand over the last few years. We are supposed to tolerate speech that we do not like or agree with not stifle it. There should be no such thing as offensive or hate speech.
    Agreed.

Manners however should be enforced by fist if necessary and government should be barred from prosecuting those who strike an uncouth person. Furthermore government agents should be barred from striking anyone for uncouth verbiage while acting on behalf of the government.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Agreed.

Manners however should be enforced by fist if necessary and government should be barred from prosecuting those who strike an uncouth person. Furthermore government agents should be barred from striking anyone for uncouth verbiage while acting on behalf of the government.
    Agreed. I think the term of old was, "them is fightin words."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Agreed.

The problem today is there are way too many protected classes of people. There should not be protected classes. All people should be treated equal.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Well if someone tried to pass a law saying you can't say "sexual preference" that would be a Supreme Court issue. But just public shaming in the media doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the courts. Courts can't say what you can't say what someone else can't say. This is where the line in the sand on the culture war needs to be drawn. Cultural freedom of speech is just as important legal freedom of speech. But the only cultural freedom of speech that's being protected is WAP and other sexually explicit garbage. (I finally tried to watch the video and got halfway through. I don't even find those women attractive.) Really it's freedom of ideas that are under attack.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Media is attacking ACB over her use of the term "sexual preference", saying that it is offensive.

People don't CHOOSE their sexual orientation, afterall.. Well, do people choose whether they have a preference for chocolate or vanilla, or are they born that way? What the hell is this? Did anybody else receive this memo?
    That whole idea is an admitted political construct. See: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lex/395035001/

Now the left is falsely claiming that gender itself is a political or social construct. You aren't "born a man" or "born a woman" but you are "born gay." That turns biology on its head and makes a mockery of science, logic and reason. Also while different thoughts may go through your head through your subconscious, which is greatly affected by what you allow in through society and the media, you have control over what you do with those thoughts.

The right, having bought the false narrative, has literally no defense against the nonsense being perpetrated. Someone having a moral compass is now equivalent to being a racist. And treating LGBTQ+ people with decency and respect, and even giving them relationship advice for their same sex partners or interests when they ask, is not enough for some in the "community." They take the asinine position of "That's like a racist white person saying he has black friends." Meanwhile the "community" is all kinds of f'd up. Some lesbians look down on bisexual women as "fake lesbians." (As far as I know gay men don't do that.) It was too the point that I had one friend that thought it was "wrong" for her to like men. Seriously! Some transgender women call "cisgender" women fish. Statistics show that lesbians have higher rates of domestic violence than do straight couples. (Gay men have the least incidents of domestic violence. Maybe women are the trigger?) And of course some uber feminists fantasize about a "day without men" only they can't have such a day because any man can through on a wig, some women's clothes and a padded bra and claim "Today I am a woman!" This is all so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    This is all so stupid.
    It is...and just like the masks, it has little, if nothing to with the alleged problem.

This is about control and manipulation and making us comply with that which cannot be complied with.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

David Hogg isn't worth of being sexually assaulted.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those Who Control the Language Control the Culture

And in keeping with Dictionary.com’s new wokeness, reflected in capitalizing the B in Black when it comes to race, the website has also capitalized the P in Pride when it comes to gay pride.

This entry has a twofold definition: 1) recognition of LGBTQ identity, affirmation of equal rights, and celebration of visibility, dignity, and diversity in the LGBTQ community (formerly referred to as Gay Pride); 2) events or organizations that celebrate the LGBTQ community and its members (often used attributively).

You can even sign up to receive “LGBTQIA Language Updates Every Week”! This way, you’ll be able to “keep up with the growing language of the LGBTQIA community, right in your inbox.” (Will we also be appraised of new letters being added to LGBTQIA?)

To be sure I didn’t miss any of these exciting updates, I clicked on the link and signed up, after which I received an email allowing me to pick my preferences for future emails. These included: Word of the Day; Word Games & Quizzes; LGBTQIA Language from Dictionary.com; Synonym of the Day from Thesaurus.com; Slang Decoder; Parent Portal; Language Lovers; In Other Words from Thesaurus.com.

So, the one and only lexical category that is specific to the culture is LGBTQIA Language. No updates on any other specific subjects are offered. Nothing about animal or plant life. Nothing about the environment. Nothing about politics. Nothing about sports. Nothing about anything specific other than LGBTQIA Language. (The Parental Portal is designed to help parents teach vocabulary to their kids.)

Talk about the hijacking of a dictionary by sexual and ideological activists. This is beyond woke.

In 1984, the Orwellian character named Syme was a philologist who specialized in Newspeak. According to Syme, “By 2050, earlier, probably – all real knowledge of Oldspeak will have disappeared. The whole literature of the past will have been destroyed. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Byron – they’ll exist only in Newspeak versions, not merely changed into something different, but actually changed into something contradictory of what they used to be.”

In addition, “Even the literature of the Party will change. Even the slogans will change. How could you have a slogan like ‘freedom is slavery’ when the concept of freedom has been abolished? The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Orthodoxy means not thinking – not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”

Orwell wrote his classic book in 1948, meaning that he “predicted” this scenario almost 70 years ago. Today, there is an increasing attack on studying the classics, reflected in articles like Rebecca Futo Kennedy’s “We Condone It by Our Silence. Confronting Classics’ Complicity in White Supremacy.” Who needs to rewrite the classics in Newspeak when they can simply be eliminated? (For a good response, see “Are the Classics Complicit in White Supremacy?”)

We already have had to deal with the growing practice of banning the sale of books that confront PC positions, along with banning ads for such books. (Most recently, Amazon banned sales of the well-documented book The Health Hazards of Homosexuality while banning ads for the important new book Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters.)

But that was not enough. Now, we are told how to speak and how to think. The implications of this are massive.

https://townhall.com/columnists/mich...lture-n2575807
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think she is going with not being sexist "see we don't only accuse* men"

*falsely accuse