Thread: Florida gas station owner arrested after shooting beer thief, deputies say

Florida gas station owner arrested after shooting beer thief, deputies say

A gas station store owner in Florida was arrested after he allegedly shot a man who stole roughly $36 worth of beer from his shop.

Mehedeun Hasan, 22, was charged with attempted murder after deputies with the Polk's County Sheriff's Office said he shot 43-year-old Rennie Defoe, Jr., Fox 13 reported

Defoe, police said, stole three 18-packs of Natural Ice beer from the store on Tuesday night and hopped into his Toyota Camry.

Hasan and his 61-year-old father, who co-owns the store, witnessed Defoe take the beer. Hasan is seen on surveillance footage running toward a private area of the store, and returning with a handgun.

Both Hasan and his father run after Defoe, but not before Hasan seemingly drops the gun and kicks it.

Afterwards, security video appears to show Hasan pointing the gun directly into Defoe's car window and shooting as he backs up and drives away.

Some point after he was shot, Defoe crashed his car, the news station reported. He was transported to a hospital with gunshot wounds in his left arm and chest, and remains in critical condition.

Deputies said Defoe, who was recently released from prison, has a criminal history, which includes charges of robbery, domestic battery and drug possession.

Hasan has no criminal record.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/18...uties-say.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You'd kill someone for stealing three 18 packs, but you won't kill someone for trying to put you in a cell for life. I just don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You'd kill someone for stealing three 18 packs, but you won't kill someone for trying to put you in a cell for life. I just don't understand it.
    There is a chance you might be in the right with a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    There is a chance you might be in the right with a thief.
    These days I think it might be better to be carried by six instead of judged by 12.

If the guy was in the car then the vehicle is a deadly weapon so this guy walks .
    Do something Danke

The gunshot was more humane than the "natty ice" - 18 packs?

Non-compliance is a capital offense anyway. Just ask any gun toting officer.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

STEALING BREAD?
    NO SHOOT

STEALING NATY ICE?
    PUTTING U OUT OF MISERY
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

These days I think it might be better to be carried by six instead of judged by 12.
    ICE CUBE agrees...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If the guy was in the car then the vehicle is a deadly weapon so this guy walks .
    He didn't threaten the owner with the car... I don't think he will walk.
    Pretty blatant theft though... owner could have damaged the car instead of shooting at the thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    STEALING BREAD?
    NO SHOOT

STEALING NATY ICE?
    PUTTING U OUT OF MISERY
    Not just a six , three 18 packs , guess he was on a beer run for himself and at least one other deadbeat friend .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The gunshot was more humane than the "natty ice" - 18 packs?

Non-compliance is a capital offense anyway. Just ask any gun toting officer.
    Yes , he could have stopped resisting and chose not to .
    Do something Danke

That uniform and badge has mystical powers...

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Pretty blatant theft though... owner could have damaged the car instead of shooting at the thief.
    Valuable lesson learned here, folks.

Some animals are more equal than others.

Just because Officer Friendly can blow you away for nothing, doesn't mean you can.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-19-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Thieves caught in the act should be killed. Death IS a deterrent. If he shot at the car than I'm sure he would have gotten "unlawful discharge," "discharging a firearm in city limits, or such. Shoot a thief. Shoot those that come for you for shooting the thief. Whether family or the family coerced "law enforcement" agency that comes for you. Stand or don't. Wear your chains lightly or shuffle of the mortal coil.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-18-2018 at 08:44 PM.