Thread: Lily needs some help...

Lily needs some help...

Cheapest place she can find is just south of the border where it's really cheap. She's heading there Monday to stay with a friend for a month or so but she can't stay there long.

Here's the thing. Lily has been a mission worker for many years. (YWAM - Youth With A Mission). Lily's lived out of a suitcase for many years as a mission worker. Mission work doesn't pay. While she's given a large part of her life to others, she's now left in need herself. There's a lot to it. But I'm not going to put her circumstances here. It's not my place, and I don't want to embarrass her. She won't start a thread like this because she doesn't want to have to ask for a handout. But she needs one, guys. I'm serious now. So I told her I'd start one and she can pick up with it.

What she's done is put up a gofundmepage. Here it is - https://www.gofundme.com/lilys-great...y-mission-fund

I don't do causes. I never have. But I do help human beings. And although I personally believe in much of her cause, helping to put a roof over her head when she truly needs help with it is why I'm sharing this. And it needs to be asked that way if it's to be asked here in our particular circle.

That's all I'm going to say about it here. Lily can chime in. In fact, she likely will. A couple of people here who know the circumstances have helped her out with what they could. And this is certainly appreciated more than can be said. But she needs a miracle of sorts.

Lily's truly been living on a prayer for some time. End of the day, though, something needs to happen. And realistically, we're all she's got to turn to right now.

She's an old 07 member. And she's very skilled as a web developer/grapic designer if anyone needs a web site built or anything like that. With all of the moving around and stuff, though, she forgot her details some place or they cahnged along the line and had to create a new account. It happens. Here's her old account - wildflower

Anyway. If you all can help out, it'd help her when she truly needs it. 5 bucks, ten buck, twenty bucks. Whatever...

Thanks for your consideration. And if anyone would be kind enough to spread her go fund me, that would be helpful, too.

I'm sorry for speaking from the heart, lil. I know you didn't want the root problem put out there in this blunt manner. And I know that you want to produce something in a way as to serve God in everyway. But you need help getting a roof on the pronto. So this was the focus of my thoughts here. And, you know, we gotta do what we gotta do sometimes. And if I didn't go to the heart of the matter, then I wouldn't be much of a friend. Is what it is. Nobody will look down on you here. It's not how we do.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-20-2017 at 10:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beautifully put NC.

I wish Lily the very best and God will bless her in all that she does. I hope the little bit we gave starts her in the right direction.

<3
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Donated. May God bless your devotion to him!
    No - No - No - No

Will try to send a little on payday. I know what it's like to need help.

~BUMP~
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Cheapest place she can find is just south of the border where it's really cheap. She's heading there Monday to stay with a friend for a month or so but she can't stay there long.

Here's the thing. Lily has been a mission worker for many years. (YWAM - Youth With A Mission). Lily's lived out of a suitcase for many years as a mission worker. Mission work doesn't pay. While she's given a large part of her life to others, she's now left in need herself. There's a lot to it. But I'm not going to put her circumstances here. It's not my place, and I don't want to embarrass her. She won't start a thread like this because she doesn't want to have to ask for a handout. But she needs one, guys. I'm serious now. So I told her I'd start one and she can pick up with it.

What she's done is put up a gofundmepage. Here it is - https://www.gofundme.com/lilys-great...y-mission-fund

I don't do causes. I never have. But I do help human beings. And although I personally believe in much of her cause, helping to put a roof over her head when she truly needs help with it is why I'm sharing this. And it needs to be asked that way if it's to be asked here in our particular circle.

That's all I'm going to say about it here. Lily can chime in. In fact, she likely will. A couple of people here who know the circumstances have helped her out with what they could. And this is certainly appreciated more than can be said. But she needs a miracle of sorts.

Lily's truly been living on a prayer for some time. End of the day, though, something needs to happen. And realistically, we're all she's got to turn to right now.

She's an old 07 member. And she's very skilled as a web developer/grapic designer if anyone needs a web site built or anything like that. With all of the moving around and stuff, though, she forgot her details some place or they cahnged along the line and had to create a new account. It happens. Here's her old account - wildflower

Anyway. If you all can help out, it'd help her when she truly needs it. 5 bucks, ten buck, twenty bucks. Whatever...

Thanks for your consideration. And if anyone would be kind enough to spread her go fund me, that would be helpful, too.

I'm sorry for speaking from the heart, lil. I know you didn't want the root problem put out there in this blunt manner. And I know that you want to produce something in a way as to serve God in everyway. But you need help getting a roof on the pronto. So this was the focus of my thoughts here. And, you know, we gotta do what we gotta do sometimes. And if I didn't go to the heart of the matter, then I wouldn't be much of a friend. Is what it is. Nobody will look down on you here. It's not how we do.
    Wow. Thank you so much NC... I don't even know what to say. You don't have to apologize for speaking from the heart. I truly appreciate you caring and stepping out on limb for me. You are a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Beautifully put NC.

I wish Lily the very best and God will bless her in all that she does. I hope the little bit we gave starts her in the right direction.

<3
    Thank you Donna!!! I really appreciate your kind words and donation and moral support. It means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Donated. May God bless your devotion to him!
    I don't know if my messages through gofundme are being recieved, but thank you again, Josh! You guys rock. I really do appreciate your prayers and contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Will try to send a little on payday. I know what it's like to need help.
    Thank you Carlybee!
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I don't have my cards on me right now, but will send something your way tomorrow. Ick, California
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

kicked in a little . Good luck Lily .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh also, I know we have some people in the area (relatively close, anyhow). Is there anything secondhand that would help out? For instance, if you were anywhere near me you'd have a quilt or two, some towels, and a TV stand. As it is, you're better off with me sending cash than spending it on shipping you stuff you might not like/need, but maybe someone is nearby if you need things to get started. Hell, I even have a set of plates lol I know there have to be people like that closer to where you are.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I don't have my cards on me right now, but will send something your way tomorrow. Ick, California
    Thank you, Melissa!! You guys are amazing. Really. I don't know what to say, I'm just very thankful, and excited about this new season.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    kicked in a little . Good luck Lily .
    Thank you oyarde!! Blessings to you and yours.

Oh also, I know we have some people in the area (relatively close, anyhow). Is there anything secondhand that would help out? For instance, if you were anywhere near me you'd have a quilt or two, some towels, and a TV stand. As it is, you're better off with me sending cash than spending it on shipping you stuff you might not like/need, but maybe someone is nearby if you need things to get started. Hell, I even have a set of plates lol I know there have to be people like that closer to where you are.
    I had some plates and then they got packed in a box somewhere, and since I've moved so much I don't even know if I still have them. I've whittled down a lot of my stuff from moving a lot. But when I get a little place in Baja I'll just go to the outdoor market where everything is really cheap, and get some house things. I don't need that much for just me. And like I said I'm pretty sure I still have some of those things, I just need to go to where my stuff is being stored and dig through it.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Also thank you @tod evans for going to my site and making a donation there after talking to NC before you even knew I had a gofundme. I really really appreciate it.
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-20-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

This is so much better than government taking it and giving it to whom THEY deem worthy. Godspeed Lily.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is so much better than government taking it and giving it to whom THEY deem worthy. Godspeed Lily.
    Just what I was thinking when I hit the donate button.

Best of luck in your new adventure Lily.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Wow. Thank you so much NC... I don't even know what to say. You don't have to apologize for speaking from the heart. I truly appreciate you caring and stepping out on limb for me. You are a blessing.

Thank you Donna!!! I really appreciate your kind words and donation and moral support. It means a lot to me.

I don't know if my messages through gofundme are being recieved, but thank you again, Josh! You guys rock. I really do appreciate your prayers and contribution.

Thank you Carlybee!
    You're welcome but please keep this bumped up so I remember. Wish I could do more. I'll slowly get back on my feet and help more.

//
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-21-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

She has a job. She's a Graphic Designer, Web Designer and a Developer by trade with a client base. Business just ain't booming at a very delicate time in her life. If, however, you know anyone who might be interested in her services and skillset, then please do let her know. She's eager to work - http://www.greatandmightythings.com/

Thank You for your input, Jamesiv1!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    No offense or nothing but hey Lily, how about getting a job?

"Following your passion!" and "It's my calling!" and "Help with my ministry!" all sounds real lovey-dovey and all, but if you ain't got food and shelter then, you know... get a job.

And follow your passion in your spare time.

Otherwise, it's like Vincent says to Jules in Pulp Fiction, "They got a word for that - its called being a bum."
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-21-2017 at 10:47 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No offense or nothing but hey Lily, how about getting a job?

"Following your passion!" and "It's my calling!" and "Help with my ministry!" all sounds real lovey-dovey and all, but if you ain't got food and shelter then, you know... get a job.

And follow your passion in your spare time.

Otherwise, it's like Vincent says to Jules in Pulp Fiction, "They got a word for that - its called being a bum."
    No way I am getting a real job or going on a blood type diet
    Do something Danke

//
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-21-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm not sure if you got my thank you through email, but in case you didn’t... thank you so much. Blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Best of luck in your new adventure Lily.
    Thank you Tracy... what you posted over there made my night and actually made me a little teary. I really appreciate you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    You're welcome but please keep this bumped up so I remember. Wish I could do more. I'll slowly get back on my feet and help more.
    It’s the kindness and heart/intention that counts… and I truly appreciate your kindness.

― Henry David Thoreau

//
    I disagree entirely. Follow God first.

Missionaries give up their comfortable spots in life to go out on faith and try to reach others.

Leaving your "stuff" behind and taking up the will of God is exactly what God wants.

From Luke 9-
    [57] As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."

[58] Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

[59] He said to another man, "Follow me."

But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."

[60] Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

[61] Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family."

[62] Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
    Last edited by asurfaholic; 01-21-2017 at 07:46 AM.
    No - No - No - No

//
    To me, it was people with this kind of passion that has changed my world view. I can't think of anything that has awakened the masses more than those who have devoted their life to creating informative content for public consumption on the internet. The 1000's of blogs and documentaries I have read/watched for free have been nothing short of life changing.

Supporting a person with a positive mission - $20
    Education - Priceless

If we don't support these people, who will? George Soros? The Rockefeller Foundation?

I've received a million dollar education for pretty much free from the people with a passion and the skills to create it. They are the one's changing the world.

Asking your fellow man for help instead of government........................Priceless!

Thank you Tracy... what you posted over there made my night and actually made me a little teary. I really appreciate you guys.
    Truly my pleasure. Thank YOU.

P.S. If you decide to blog about living in Baja I would love to hear about that experience. Hook me up with the link. I often think about selling my house and using some of the money to move to Mexico on the cheap to get out of the rat race for awhile. An extended vacation so to speak.
    Last edited by PatriotOne; 01-21-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I disagree entirely. Follow God first.

Missionaries give up their comfortable spots in life to go out on faith and try to reach others.

Leaving your "stuff" behind and taking up the will of God is exactly what God wants.

From Luke 9-
    [57] As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go."

[58] Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

[59] He said to another man, "Follow me."

But the man replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."

[60] Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

[61] Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family."

[62] Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
    YES and amen! Thank you for saying almost exactly what I was going to say to him last night… But I didn't think he would understand. Even though I'm no longer doing missions work through a missions organization, I still consider this digital media work to be a mission. I want to reach people, I want to help awaken people, I want to do what I believe God is calling me to do... whether that's creating a website that reaches people for God, or videos that expose evil in government, or videos that spread the message of liberty, or content that inspires and encourages people to pursue their dreams and be who God put them on this earth to be.

It may sound corny but I want to make a difference in this world.

Since the regular media is completely corrupt and controlled, the only place that we (people who who value truth) have is the Internet. That is not something we should take for granted, because who knows… someday we may not have that freedom to share certain messages on the Internet.

As I said on the gofundme page, creating mini-documentaries and things like that is very time-consuming. Yes it can be done in one's spare time but then it takes that much longer to be fruitful, and I do not believe that that is the best use of my time. Since I'm single with no kids, I have the unique opportunity to do whatever I feel called to do, and I believe that God is the one who puts passions and goals in our hearts.

If anyone wants to contribute, they can, if they don't, then they don't have to, it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Truly my pleasure. Thank YOU.

P.S. If you decide to blog about living in Baja I would love to hear about that experience. Hook me up with the link. I often think about selling my house and using some of the money to move to Mexico on the cheap to get out of the rat race for awhile. An extended vacation so to speak.
    That sounds like a great idea. I was thinking of doing some vlogs (and putting myself in front of a camera for the first time) on my Live Mercifully channel. So I could do some vlogs on living in Baja and maybe about living in a minimalist way.

And thank you for what you posted this morning. I am so glad that some people get it and are supportive.

By the way, if you’re considering moving to Mexico someday, keep in mind that you can get a very nice house for super, super cheap. There are some beautiful places and and I think it's worth it to get away from the rat race and the high cost of living in the US.

― Henry David Thoreau

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That sounds like a great idea. I was thinking of doing some vlogs (and putting myself in front of a camera for the first time) on my Live Mercifully channel. So I could do some vlogs on living in Baja and maybe about living in a minimalist way.

And thank you for what you posted this morning. I am so glad that some people get it and are supportive.

By the way, if you’re considering moving to Mexico someday, keep in mind that you can get a very nice house for super, super cheap. There are some beautiful places and and I think it's worth it to get away from the rat race and the high cost of living in the US.
    Yes...VLOG living in Baja and how much t costs to live there :-). I peruse the real estate rental sites occasionally but seeing homes and it's surroundings so much better on video. Along with educating us on what hoops you have to jump through legally to live their, what the price of food and gas is, electrical bill and other expenses. Things to do, things to see in Baja...ALL OF IT. I know I'd be a faithful follower of your VLog :-).

Promise kept.

With regards to getting a paying job, lily is grown. I'm sure she has considered and will continue to consider options. For those options to take shape, she is asking for a little help.

With regards to getting a paying job, lily is grown. I'm sure she has considered and will continue to consider options. For those options to take shape, she is asking for a little help.
    Yes. And thank you again, Melissa, SO much. I'm really excited about this next step. I may not know everything that's ahead, but I was reminded of something today...(after a short moment of uncertainty) I need to trust not only the one who holds the future, but also myself. Thanks again, you guys. Your supportiveness means a lot to me.

― Henry David Thoreau

Donated what I could. ~hugs lily~

Coincidentally, I was just debating a bunch of statists this morning who didn't understand that arts can be crowdfunded. SMFH. Stupid left is forever fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Donated what I could. ~hugs lily~

Coincidentally, I was just debating a bunch of statists this morning who didn't understand that arts can be crowdfunded. SMFH. Stupid left is forever fail.

Thank you HB!!

And yes, I know what you mean. Some people just can’t fathom that government is not always the answer or think outside of the box.

Un abrazote

― Henry David Thoreau