Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FTX Files For Bankruptcy. What will be the effect of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Quantum Hype Bubble Is About To Burst
    How much of what you hear about quantum computing is real promise and how much of it is hype?

That's the $64 question. I'm no longer sufficiently interested in computing to bother. I have other, more important things with which to occupy my time.

I don't do hype, and everything I've read on QC suggests hype.

As for the video, Sabine is an odd favorite of mine. Her dry, Terutonic humor is a riot. Her one terrible flaw is her apparent subscription to the "climate change" bull$#@!, which I find endlessly surprising, given what she does for a living, which is supposed to be science.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/RonPaulInstitut/...94959243870208
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Quantum Hype Bubble Is About To Burst
    How much of what you hear about quantum computing is real promise and how much of it is hype? What is the "quantum winter" that so many physicists have been warning of? In this video I sort it out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    [/I]That's the $64 question. I'm no longer sufficiently interested in computing to bother. I have other, more important things with which to occupy my time.

I don't do hype, and everything I've read on QC suggests hype.

As for the video, Sabine is an odd favorite of mine. Her dry, Terutonic humor is a riot. Her one terrible flaw is her apparent subscription to the "climate change" bull$#@!, which I find endlessly surprising, given what she does for a living, which is supposed to be science.
    Who remembers bubble memory?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I've not read this thread but ran across the following:

Dr. Interracial 🇺🇸
    @Sandyleevincent
    ·
    Nov 14
    @LeaderMcConnell
    got some of that tax payer FXT Ukraine money.
    Now you know why the uni-party
    @GOP

@DNC
    didn’t want a audit of Ukraine money & had to get rid of Trump.
    https://twitter.com/sandyleevincent/...11614853652481 (document at link)

And...

Horses Against Cenk
    @HorsesVSCenk
    Replying to
    @Sandyleevincent

@LeaderMcConnell
    and 2 others
    FTX funded the failed Ivermectin study also
    https://twitter.com/HorsesVSCenk/sta...59735906320385

I'm assuming the above study found Ivermectin to be of no value (dunno).
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who remembers bubble memory?
    I sure do. IBM invention and it was a neat idea, but crap in practice because it is sequential access, rather than directly addressable. That would not be a problem if the bubbles moved withi sufficient speed, but they cannot. And so, bubbles went the way of the dodo.

Computing is fascinating science, but once I did my masters I had that "been there, done that" feeling about it. It was a largely boring living in spite of the money.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

https://twitter.com/RonPaulInstitut/...94959243870208
    Coincidence, planned, or a case of not letting a massive crime go to waste?

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...73241130102784

I sure do. IBM invention and it was a neat idea, but crap in practice because it is sequential access, rather than directly addressable. That would not be a problem if the bubbles moved withi sufficient speed, but they cannot. And so, bubbles went the way of the dodo.

Computing is fascinating science, but once I did my masters I had that "been there, done that" feeling about it. It was a largely boring living in spite of the money.
    IIRC, they envisioned thumb drives, flash drives and memory sticks made with bubble memory. It happened eventually, but without bubble memory.

IIRC, they envisioned thumb drives, flash drives and memory sticks made with bubble memory. It happened eventually, but without bubble memory.
    What has fascinated me the most about all this is that the more "advanced" we become, the more miserable we seem to be.

<<<Checks stronkbox.

Gold and silver rounds still there.

Whew.

For a minute I though that some fat soyboy that looks like the kid Bill Murray kept shocking in Ghostbusters, might have changed that.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Even if he was convicted of fraud, he'd by out in less than 4 years, promoting his latest “venture”, just like this guy:

Names of Democratic Congressmen FTX Was Bankrolling

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/12/s...ypto-democrat/

The former FTX CEO personally donated to the Senate committee’s chairwoman, Democratic Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow, contributing over $20,000 to the Stabenow Victory Fund and $5,800 to her campaign for Senate. Bankman-Fried donated roughly $6,000 to the committee’s ranking member, Republican Arkansas Sen. John Boozman, as well, and $5,800 to the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade, Republican North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven.

The offices of Stabenow, Boozman and Hoeven did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment.

More significantly, American Dream Federal Action, a political action committee founded by FTX executive Ryan Salame, spent over $1 million on Boozman during the 2022 election cycle, according to campaign finance records, and over $1 million on House Agriculture Committee member and Republican Minnesota Rep. Brad Finstad.

Bankman-Fried is also a key funder of the Protect Our Future PAC, which primarily works to elect Democrats, bankrolling the group to the tune of $27 million this election cycle. The PAC spent over $1 million funding Democratic Ohio Rep. Shontel Brown, a member of the House Agriculture Committee.

Bankman-Fried donated roughly $6,000 to ousted Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chair Sean Patrick Maloney, who sits on the House Agriculture Committee, and over $200,000 to Maloney’s DCCC.

Bankman-Fried also contributed almost $6,000 to Senate Agriculture Committee member and Democratic New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, and roughly $6,000 to committee member and Democratic New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s campaign, with another $10,000 to the Gillibrand Victory Fund.

MORE https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/12/s...ypto-democrat/

@LeaderMcConnell
    got some of that tax payer FXT Ukraine money.
    Now you know why the uni-party
    @GOP

@DNC
    didn’t want a audit of Ukraine money & had to get rid of Trump.

Document at link (can't figure out how to embed tweet)
    https://twitter.com/sandyleevincent/...11614853652481
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-16-2022 at 11:04 PM. Reason: embedded tweet
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/12/s...ypto-democrat/

Am I reading too much into all this, or is the FTX thing got a lot more going on than immediately meets the eye?

Is this one of those happenstance failures that reveals a whole ton of stuff nobody outside of the circle in question was ever supposed to find out?

Am I reading too much into all this, or is the FTX thing got a lot more going on than immediately meets the eye?

Is this one of those happenstance failures that reveals a whole ton of stuff nobody outside of the circle in question was ever supposed to find out?
    Someone Bought the Bricks stacked around Portland.. Someone hired Provocateurs,,and Lawyers.

Someone paid the paid agents,,off the books.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Yes.

Which is why the media organs will soon drop the story, the next shiny thing will distract the public, and nothing will happen and life goes on.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Fractional reserve banking works so well, why not fractional reserve crypto and a fractional reserve stock market?
    We have fractional stock markets . Many Stocks are priced at 2 and three times what they were three to seven yrs ago while the companies are making the same amount of money so stocks are worth a fraction of the price.
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    We have fractional stock markets . Many Stocks are priced at 2 and three times what they were three to seven yrs ago while the companies are making the same amount of money so stocks are worth a fraction of the price.
    I'm more concerned about fractional reserve stocks, in other words a single share of a stock that can be sold or loaned as ten or more shares of that stock. Maybe they are already doing it.

@devil21 may know more...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    ^^^WORD

And 10% for the big guy!

-GLP poster

The official Cathedral narrative starting to drop:

How Sam Bankman-Fried’s Crypto Empire Collapsed
    Mr. Bankman-Fried said in an interview that he had expanded too fast and failed to see warning signs. But he shared few details about his handling of FTX customers’ funds.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/14/t...ankruptcy.html
    [archive link: https://archive.ph/mxOh5]
    Here's the latest apologia, this time from WaPo:

Before FTX collapse, founder poured millions into pandemic prevention
    Most of those initiatives have come to a sudden halt.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ic-prevention/

https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/st...93604800876545

https://twitter.com/AutismCapital/st...93604800876545
    And the scamdemic contributions probably also went straight into the accounts of the cabal.

-GLP poster

https://twitter.com/netcapgirl/statu...88150192050177

https://twitter.com/netcapgirl/statu...90326415052800

https://twitter.com/WeLivetoServe/st...88761402802176

-GLP poster

Great to see such an impartial (((group))).
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

The official Cathedral narrative starting to drop:

How Sam Bankman-Fried’s Crypto Empire Collapsed
    Mr. Bankman-Fried said in an interview that he had expanded too fast and failed to see warning signs. But he shared few details about his handling of FTX customers’ funds.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/14/t...ankruptcy.html
    [archive link: https://archive.ph/mxOh5]

Reuters has entered the chat:

https://www.reuters.com/breakingview...ur-2022-11-15/

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two good videos from Tucker
    No one knew where his money came from

Living in the Bahamas where it's not regulated. In a mansion where everyone was having sex with each other

FTX Collapse Is Generating Liquidity Pressures At Other Crypto-Firms

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-crypto-firms/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast