Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What gun control could Biden enact in his first 100 days?

Question What gun control could Biden enact in his first 100 days?

What gun control could Biden enact in his first 100 days?

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/wh...-hundred-days/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    biden has already enacted gun control just by his presence . You cant buy anything . Muzzle loaders are not even useful , no caps . Bayonets and swords are what you'll have .

Civil War 2.0
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Biden and American liberals wants to make sure that America becomes like another Europe look what Biden said.

"Weapons of war have no place in our communities"

They want to protect the criminals. You think the criminals and their gangs will give up their weapons? never.

He'll probably try the tax and get shot down.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Biden and American liberals wants to make sure that America becomes like another Europe look what Biden said.

"Weapons of war have no place in our communities"

They want to protect the criminals. You think the criminals and their gangs will give up their weapons? never.
    They've made it perfectly clear that they want us defenseless.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    They've made it perfectly clear that they want us defenseless.
    They want all of you to be like me.

I lose the franchise.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

He'll do every kind of gun control that he can get away with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There isn't much he can do by himself. If Republicans have the Senate, they will keep the filibuster and thus all gun legislation will die a glorious death before reaching his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    There isn't much he can do by himself. If Republicans have the Senate, they will keep the filibuster and thus all gun legislation will die a glorious death before reaching his desk.
    That has never stopped Gun Control before.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Also got the Supreme Court as a backstop now. But hey, no difference between Trump and Hillary right?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wrong, he can sign an executive order to immediately ban semi auto's and high cap mags, online sales, gun kits and anything he wants without senate approval. It would then take a lawsuit before the supreme court to block said orders. He can also use an EO for mandatory buyback once the ban is in place while they remake the ATF and give them broad powers to search and seize anyone who does not comply. This is what they have basically hinted at doing. Also, bayonets and knives will also be targeted.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Wrong, he can sign an executive order to immediately ban semi auto's and high cap mags, online sales, gun kits and anything he wants without senate approval.
    That's fine. There will be very little compliance and I would imagine many red states will simply not enforce it. At this point, the right has essentially won the gun issue.

It would then take a lawsuit before the supreme court to block said orders. He can also use an EO for mandatory buyback once the ban is in place while they remake the ATF and give them broad powers to search and seize anyone who does not comply. This is what they have basically hinted at doing. Also, bayonets and knives will also be targeted.
    SCOTUS will strike it all down. I'm not worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The last major push for gun control by Congress was in 2013 with the Manchin-Toomey bill. Thanks to the filibuster, it went nowhere. Imagine what will happen when all you need is a simple majority.

That's fine. There will be very little compliance and I would imagine many red states will simply not enforce it. At this point, the right has essentially won the gun issue.

SCOTUS will strike it all down. I'm not worried about it.

Not if they win the Senate too. The still hold the house and there are enough Rhino's that will give them whatever legislation they want. The tax increase alone would basically kill the industry. Keep in mind they have already successfully banned Ar's in the past and SCOTUS did nothing about it. You are living an awful smug life in thinking that they won't completely sidestep the constitution that is VERY vague.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Who cares? $#@! that $#@!. Stealing the office means illegitimacy, and if the courts support him they can join him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The last major push for gun control by >snip<.
    Bump Stocks.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Well it didn't stop Donald Trump from enacting gun control by executive order. Which is why I find all of this so laughable. Y'all act like Trump didn't say he supported an assault weapons ban....twice.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well it didn't stop Donald Trump from enacting gun control by executive order. Which is why I find all of this so laughable. Y'all act like Trump didn't say he supported an assault weapons ban....twice.
    ^^ See post directly above..

lol
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Bump Stocks.
    Yeah. Who gave us the bump stock ban? Was it Obama? Nope. It was Trump. Who floated "red flag" laws? Was it Obama? Nope. It was Trump. Trump even got Rand Paul buying into that red flag garbage for a hot second. Still I thank @Matt Collins for bringing this up. The key is to keep the GOP's feet to the fire.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump just served a term and didn't ban "assault weapons" (lol). His base did not/does not demand action on gun control. Contrast that with an incoming Biden administration, whose base will demand action on this and a host of other insane issues.

I'll grant you the bump stock ban, but - talking Realpolitik for a moment - that was a pretty easy one to give in on. It came on the heels of Las Vegas.

Bump stocks aren't really a thing. To legitimate gun owners, it's largely ineffectual. Again, from a purist standpoint, I agree... but let's not pretend that bump stocks are a real, practical 2A issue to firearms owners. It's not like we're talking about red dot scopes, adjustable stocks or "high capacity" magazines. Bump stocks are a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Trump just served a term and didn't ban "assault weapons" (lol).
    Obama served two terms and didn't ban assault weapons or bump fire stocks. (Trump banned bump fire stocks). Obama in his two terms signed executive orders reversing bans on guns in federal parks and on Amtrak.

His base did not/does not demand action on gun control. Contrast that with an incoming Biden administration, whose base will demand action on this and a host of other insane issues.
    A) That makes Trumps anti gun moves even more baffling.

B) Compare apples to apples. Biden to Obama. If a Biden administration is like the Obama administration then it will be better on guns than Trump was.

I'll grant you the bump stock ban, but - talking Realpolitik for a moment - that was a pretty easy one to give in on. It came on the heels of Las Vegas.
    Don't all gun control measures come on the heel of some shooting tragedy?

Bump stocks aren't really a thing. To legitimate gun owners, it's largely ineffectual. Again, from a purist standpoint, I agree... but let's not pretend that bump stocks are a real, practical 2A issue to firearms owners. It's not like we're talking about red dot scopes, adjustable stocks or "high capacity" magazines. Bump stocks are a toy.
    It's the precedent of the illegal executive order that's the problem. Kamala Harris already said when she becomes president (and let's not kid ourselves, Joe won't last one term) she will ban assault weapons by executive order. Here's the logic. I a "toy" like bumpfire stock can turn an semi automatic into an automatic, the considering the fact that you can "bump fire" with a rubber band, the real difference between a semi-automatic an and automatic is a high capacity magazine. So semi automatic + high capacity magazine = potential machine gun. If "sex" can now mean "sexual orientation" for the purpose of the civil rights act then such an argument could stand up in court.

Obama served two terms and didn't ban assault weapons or bump fire stocks. (Trump banned bump fire stocks). Obama in his two terms signed executive orders reversing bans on guns in federal parks and on Amtrak.

A) That makes Trumps anti gun moves even more baffling.

B) Compare apples to apples. Biden to Obama. If a Biden administration is like the Obama administration then it will be better on guns than Trump was.

Don't all gun control measures come on the heel of some shooting tragedy?

Trumps anti-gun MOVE came on the heels of LV. No one was clamoring for gun control measures before that. After LV, his base was willing to give, due to the magnitude of that tragedy.

Biden stood arm-in-arm with Beto, who as we recall said "hell yes I'm coming for your AR-15", and said he'll appoint him to "handle the gun issue".

To compare Obama to Trump to Biden is not just apples to oranges, but it's also to do so while time-traveling.

It's the precedent of the illegal executive order that's the problem. Kamala Harris already said when she becomes president (and let's not kid ourselves, Joe won't last one term) she will ban assault weapons by executive order. Here's the logic. I a "toy" like bumpfire stock can turn an semi automatic into an automatic, the considering the fact that you can "bump fire" with a rubber band, the real difference between a semi-automatic an and automatic is a high capacity magazine. So semi automatic + high capacity magazine = potential machine gun. If "sex" can now mean "sexual orientation" for the purpose of the civil rights act then such an argument could stand up in court.
    This is a good and fair point. However I don't think it takes the precedent of the bump stock ban to give the incoming administration the capital to implement their executive order. The justification will come from their proclaimed mandate (which clearly doesn't exist). Put simply, I think the incoming administration will act on gun control because of their base, not because of precedent. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) I don't believe the bump stock ban was presented before a court.

The still hold the house and there are enough Rhino's that will give them whatever legislation they want. The tax increase alone would basically kill the industry. Keep in mind they have already successfully banned Ar's in the past and SCOTUS did nothing about it. You are living an awful smug life in thinking that they won't completely sidestep the constitution that is VERY vague.
    If major gun control legislation is passed, you will see a 2010-esque wipeout of Democrats in 2022. The ONE issue that unites the right is guns.

Keep in mind they have already successfully banned Ar's in the past and SCOTUS did nothing about it.
    It is a completely different SCOTUS makeup now.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump Stocks.
    That wasn't legislation. It was an executive act. It was also so narrow that barely any gun owners were affected, let alone prosecuted.

" Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle..."

It was already a law, they just defined the bump stock making a rifle into a "
    machine-gun."

Unless the president is writing an EO
    in accordance with a law passed by congress, it only applies to the Executive branch.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

THE BIDEN PLAN TO END OUR GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC

Joe Biden also knows how to make progress on reducing gun violence using executive action.

Hold gun manufacturers accountable.

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities.

Either sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Reduce stockpiling of weapons restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase

Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy to keep guns out of the hands of certain people convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime, or received an enhanced sentence for a misdemeanor because of hate or bias in its commission” from purchasing or possessing a firearm. (saying Chinese virus is now a hate crime under Pelosi house bill )

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

Create an effective program to ensure (newly defined) individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons by force taking them from their homes using the ATF and financial assistance to state and local governments to establish effective relinquishment processes on their own.

Enable law enforcement officials to remove an individual’s access to firearms when that individual is in crisis and poses a danger to themselves or others (which they get to define)

Biden will enact legislation to require individuals to obtain a license prior to purchasing a gun.

Prohibiting all individuals convicted of assault, battery, or stalking or anyone under a temporary restraining order from purchasing or possessing a firearm

Establish a new Task Force on Online Harassment so that once social media such as FB has determined you be placed in FB jail for harrassment even though you didn't, they can come and take your guns.

Make sure firearm owners take on the responsibility of ensuring their weapons are used safely.

Ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns.

Biden supports legislation holding adults criminally and civilly liable for directly or negligently giving a minor access to a firearm, regardless of whether the minor actually gains possession of the firearm.

Require gun owners to safely store their weapons. (unloaded and locked up at all times)

Empower law enforcement to effectively enforce our gun laws.

Reform, fund, and empower the U.S. Justice Department to enforce our gun laws.

Biden will call for Congress to appropriate $50 million to accelerate this research at the CDC and NIH for future gun control which places them in control.

Prohibit the use of federal funds to arm or train educators to discharge firearms.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm willing to bet he thinks different now...lol

Last edited by showpan; 11-30-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wrong, he can sign an executive order to immediately ban semi auto's and high cap mags, online sales, gun kits and anything he wants without senate approval. It would then take a lawsuit before the supreme court to block said orders. He can also use an EO for mandatory buyback once the ban is in place while they remake the ATF and give them broad powers to search and seize anyone who does not comply. This is what they have basically hinted at doing. Also, bayonets and knives will also be targeted.
    Bingo.

We do not live in an age of law, duly debated and enacted by representatives of the people.

We live in a world of fatwas and proclamations from "rulers".

He could declare a COVID emergency and cease all NICS checks, effectively stopping ALL dealer gun sales.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I am honestly wondering if I will have to pick one up in the next hundred days.

been trying to avoid doing it that way.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast