Thread: Nixon to Biden: 50 Years of "Transitory" Inflation

Nixon to Biden: 50 Years of "Transitory" Inflation

Nixon to Biden: 50 Years of "Transitory" Inflation

It has been 50 years since President Nixon proclaimed that "We are all Keynesians now." The results of allowing government (via its central bank - The Federal Reserve) to create dollars out-of-thin-air have now been produced. Decade after decade we experience relentless inflation, coupled with an expansion in the size and scope of government, the likes of which humanity has never seen before. The Keynesian dream is coming to an end.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A good segment from Ron Paul around the 14:10 mark. He talks about civil liberties and the hypocrisy of lecturing other nations while the violations are so rampant in the US.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

i love the title , 50 yrs of transitory inflation.
    Do something Danke

in 1973.......... OPEC greatly increased the price of a barrel of oil.
    between roughly 1943 and 1973 we got an ongoing 'sweetheart'
    deal where the price of oil was deliberately low. the Saudis had
    held back on price hikes, the postwar boom after ww2 was in part
    due to the price of oil, a basic commodity. we won't experience
    this ever again. 1905 to 2005 is the AMERICAN CENTURY. We are
    a superpower over much of it. Peak oil is very real. Canadian sands
    and/or shale only buys us time. Factor this inside the equation!!!!

I guess in a sense the inflation is indeed transitory
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I guess in a sense the inflation is indeed transitory
    Not with this currency. What's transitory are wages and savings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.