View Poll Results: Will you cash your stimulus check?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm eligible but I refuse to cash a welfare check.

0 0%
  • I'm not eligible, I'm good with that.

1 6.67%
  • I'm not eligible, I wish I was.

0 0%
  • I'm eligible, I disagree, but I'll spend it more wisely than others.

3 20.00%
  • Its really a tax deduction.

4 26.67%
  • Gimme my damn check!

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you cash your stimulus check?

@devil21

I got your pm’s, wrote a lengthy reply but it failed to send ‘cause yer mailbox is full :-O

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    @devil21

I got your pm’s, wrote a lengthy reply but it failed to send ‘cause yer mailbox is full :-O
    pm box is open for msg now @PAF resend
    Last edited by devil21; 04-16-2020 at 09:16 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will look at setting up an RV..

Getting too old for the backpack and bedroll.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I don't think I'm getting stimulated.

I barely got any unemployment. A whopping 100.00 a week. That doesn't come close to covering my essentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Still waiting on mine . I voted tax deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Still waiting on mine . I voted tax deduction.
    Dead people are getting checks and me and oyarde are left trying to figure out how we're going to afford our essentials.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Hell yes . I even have a list of essentials made up .

I haven't received a check yet. I am glad that most of the people I know who have received one have children. My accountant told me I would get one so I guess I will just not yet.

Rifle and Ammo. Putting tax money into the 2nd amendment

Heads up for anyone who uses these services...

Coronavirus stimulus checks: Where is the missing money going?

Where are stimulus checks going?

Natalie Parchment, a tax preparation consultant in the Washington D.C. area, has been inundated with calls and emails from clients wondering what happened to their payout.

“I had to investigate,” Parchment said.

She discovered that the unrecognized digits that people found listed on the portal were linked to refund transfers accounts, often created on behalf of taxpayers who want preparation fees taken out of refunds so they don’t have to pay preparers upfront.

“Those last four digits on the Get My Payment portal match the transfer provider's information that has been submitted to the IRS,” Parchment said.

After you file your taxes with a tax professional, transfer banks such as MetaBank, Republic Bank and Santa Barbara Tax Product Group set up temporary accounts for taxpayers who want a refund advance or to deduct tax preparation fees from a refund.

That account number and the bank's routing number are sent off with the tax return to the IRS.

The IRS deposited some stimulus checks into these temporary accounts, according to MetaBank. "The IRS has not explained to us why this error occurred," MetaBanks said in a statement.

Why are checks deposited in wrong accounts?

The issue has popped up among filers who have set up a tax advance in previous years when filing tax returns, according to Toby Mathis, a partner and attorney at Anderson Law Group in Las Vegas, Nevada. The IRS is basing stimulus checks off tax returns from 2018 or 2019, whichever is more recent.

A tax advance typically works like this: When a tax preparer does a filer’s return, they can loan them a portion of their refund in advance. The IRS will then send the actual refund to the preparer via a bank account set up in the filer’s name. The loan is repaid from the refund and the remaining portion of the refund is returned to the filer.

Everyone from mom-and-pop tax preparers to big chains like TurboTax, H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt have this option, Mathis said.

The issue is that the account where the stimulus payment was deposited didn't belong to the taxpayer. It belonged to the service provider.

"The provider’s bank is supposed to refund the $1,200 payment back to IRS in these cases," says Evan Morgan, tax director at Kaufman Rossin.

Those intermediary accounts tend to only be used for a filer’s refund in previous years, so those accounts likely no longer exist. The IRS hasn’t given out specific guidance yet on how they will reissue stimulus checks if they are deposited in the wrong accounts. But normally if a bank account is closed, a tax refund is rejected and the IRS sends out a paper check to the address that was on the return.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=spartanntp

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^^^
    Tax preppers skimming interest by holding the funds for days before sending it on. I swear, everything is a friggin' money grab scam these days.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"Payment Status Not Available" even though I have an already verified IRS login to get transcripts, etc. Makes no sense that an account already verified cannot be used to change/update info.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 04-19-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Still waiting . I also did not file for unemployment and the Antique Mall I sell at has been closed since St Patricks day so ………… maybe Ron Zeplin will give me a govt grant so I can work on muh coin collection...…..

Also if anyone has any extra boot laces or a 34" belt I'll be happy to take it . Since Danke is home all the time now I cannot resupply there...….

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12