Thread: Illinois and Ohio Governors close bars and restaurants.....

Illinois and Ohio Governors close bars and restaurants.....

If I were a bar owner I'd tell 'em 'Molon Labe' and allow all patrons to carry. Open or concealed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is nothing more than drastic overreaction. These are peoples businesses and livelihoods. Some people work these jobs to pay their rent. I wonder how this is going to affect supermarkets. Will they be able to handle in influx of people?

Edit: Massachusetts and California are doing the same as well.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 03-15-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The governors in four states mandated the closings of bars, restaurants and wineries in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus, which has infected more than 3,200 Americans and killed 62.

In Ohio, Gov. Mike DeWine said bars and restaurants can stay open for carry-out and delivery but "what we can't have is people congregating and seated."
    "The time for persuasion and public appeals is over," he said. "The time for action is here."
    Authoritarians wet dream.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/5055634002/
    "The Patriarch"

Top official who claimed more than 100,000 coronavirus cases in Ohio now admits she was just 'guesstimating

'I'm saying I'm guesstimating'
    Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton grabbed headlines on Thursday when she claimed there could possibly be more than 100,000 active coronavirus cases in The Buckeye State.

"We know now, just the fact of community spread, says that at least 1 percent, at the very least, 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today," Acton said. "We have 11.7 million people. So the math is over 100,000. So that just gives you a sense of how this virus spreads and is spreading quickly."

However, the top Ohio health official now admits her claim was not based in science.

"I am not saying there are absolutely for certain 100,000 people. I'm saying I'm guesstimating. If I'm guesstimating community spread, that's my best number," she said Friday, the Daily Caller News Foundation reported.

Dr. Trevor Bedford, a scientist who specializes in vaccines and infectious diseases, pushed back against Acton's claim.
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/top-of...-guesstimating
    "The Patriarch"

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Top official who claimed more than 100,000 coronavirus cases in Ohio now admits she was just 'guesstimating

Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton grabbed headlines on Thursday when she claimed there could possibly be more than 100,000 active coronavirus cases in The Buckeye State.

"We know now, just the fact of community spread, says that at least 1 percent, at the very least, 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today," Acton said. "We have 11.7 million people. So the math is over 100,000. So that just gives you a sense of how this virus spreads and is spreading quickly."

However, the top Ohio health official now admits her claim was not based in science.

"I am not saying there are absolutely for certain 100,000 people. I'm saying I'm guesstimating. If I'm guesstimating community spread, that's my best number," she said Friday, the Daily Caller News Foundation reported.

Dr. Trevor Bedford, a scientist who specializes in vaccines and infectious diseases, pushed back against Acton's claim.
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/top-of...-guesstimating
    So much science- LOL! At this point 93 cases have been reported.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So much science- LOL! At this point 93 cases have been reported.
    The whole thing stinks to high heaven. I'm 1000% more worried about how much more power government is going to have coming out of this than the damn virus.
    "The Patriarch"

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. I'm 1000% more worried about how much more power government is going to have coming out of this than the damn virus.
    Exactly. No matter who/how one slices or dices it, it is by design, the end-goal.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup, this is nothing more than government seeing how far they push us, how far they can lock us down, before there is resistance.

Just like after 9/11, just like after Katrina, just like after the Boston bombing.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Exactly. No matter who/how one slices or dices it, it is by design, the end-goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, this is nothing more than government seeing how far they push us, how far they can lock us down, before there is resistance.

Just like after 9/11, just like after Katrina, just like after the Boston bombing.
    And government will offer itself up as savior to the frightened masses.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This is nothing more than drastic overreaction. These are peoples businesses and livelihoods. Some people work these jobs to pay their rent. I wonder how this is going to affect supermarkets. Will they be able to handle in influx of people?

Edit: Massachusetts and California are doing the same as well.

On twitter there is already demands for 'rent amnesty', whatever that means. I guess they want the Feds to send them a check.

Yep- agree 1000%!
    There is no spoon.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I have said this a bunch already, but the only restaurants that will survive this shutdown will be McDonald's.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-07-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.