Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 Killed in Shootings at 3 Atlanta Spas, Questions If Racism Due to COVID Was a Motive

Post 8 Killed in Shootings at 3 Atlanta Spas, Questions If Racism Due to COVID Was a Motive

Not clear if press reporters had any solid reason for raising below questions on motive or sheer speculation:

8 killed in shootings at 3 metro Atlanta spas. Police have 1 suspect in custody

By Jamiel Lynch and Steve Almasy, CNN
    Updated 10:18 PM ET, Tue March 16, 2021

Atlanta (CNN)Authorities in metro Atlanta are investigating whether shootings at three massage parlors that left eight people dead and one wounded are connected.

Two of the shootings were at spas across the street from each other in northeast Atlanta and the other was in Cherokee County to the northwest of the city.
    Officials in each jurisdiction said there were no immediate indications of motive and it is unclear whether the shootings were related.

Robert Aaron Long

A suspect in the Cherokee County shootings was taken into custody in Crisp County, about 150 miles south of Atlanta, around 8:30 p.m. -- about 3 1/2 hours after the killings. The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office identified him as Robert Aaron Long, 21, of Woodstock.

Atlanta Reporters Questioned Whether Racism Due to COVID-19 Was a Motive Behind the Shootings

As the coronavirus pandemic raged, the number soared. And it keeps rising. t.co/E3tfO5Mna4
    — HuffPost (@HuffPost) March 16, 2021
    Reporters at a press conference with the Atlanta Police Department asked whether racism due to the coronavirus may have been the motive behind the shootings. Police said it was too early to pinpoint a motive, but confirmed all four victims were Asian females.

Deputies in Cherokee County have not said whether the victims matched the same description.

Dr. Michelle Au, a state senator in Georgia, spoke out against anti-Asian racism the day before the shooting.
    cnn.com/2021/03/16/us/metro-atlanta-shootings/index.html
    heavy.com/news/robert-aaron-long/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These "mass" shootings seem to happen at convenient times. Like when Congress wants to pass gun control, or when the media or deep state want to push forward an agenda.
    Are there genuine crazies out there who do this stuff? I'm sure of it, but the coincidences and conveniences anymore leave me to believe these are likely operations or encouraged acts of violence.

Either way, that dude looks like a goofy piece of $#@! and is probably mad at the world for some reason. If he is legitimately guilty, hang em.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Not clear if press reporters had any solid reason for raising below questions on motive or sheer speculation:
    Spin control.

Had a couple newz reports of anti-Asian violence crop up over the last few days, based on incidents almost wholly carried out by colored perps.

Then the mass shooting of a whole colored family over a government cheese check.

Then a really grisly murder out of Rochester NY, where an older man was set on fire and burned to death by two teenagers.

Now regarding the color of the perps on that one, not known at this time, but based on how the government media organs are reporting it, I'd bet good money it was a white or perhaps Asian victim and colored perps.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Democrats will be using these mass shootings as their justification for gun control.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

We’ll be seeing this perp’s face on TV. And we get his name too. Amazing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They'll also probably use him as evidence that conservatives are more violent than liberals.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-Indianapolis

You even commented in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The "perp" is right out of central casting.

And right on time.

I'm surprised that wardrobe didn't have him wearing a John Deere cap.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The "perp" is right out of central casting.

And right on time.

I'm surprised that wardrobe didn't have him wearing a John Deere cap.
    Still pretty good , neck beard , carhart jacket and archery cap .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Democrats will be using these mass shootings as their justification for gun control.
    Some will be used for that.

Others will get buried and sloughed off, based on the "optics".

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Ok ZippyCount.

I did catch both of those stories on TV, one on regular news, one on a Fox personality show. Guess which one had a pic of the perp?

Better yet, which one did Biden talk about?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sex addiction, not racial hatred, may have driven suspect in Georgia spa shootings

By Rich McKay
    MARCH 17, 2021

ATLANTA (Reuters) - The suspect in the fatal shooting of eight people at day spas in and around Atlanta indicated he had issues with sexual addiction and the shootings may have not been motivated by racial hatred, law enforcement officials said on Wednesday.

Officials said that the 21-year-old suspect, Robert Aaron Long, appeared to have frequented the spas where Tuesday’s violence occurred or similar ones, and that he was heading to Florida when he was apprehended, perhaps to carry out further shootings. Six of the eight victims were women of Asian descent.

“The suspect did take responsibility for the shooting,” Captain Jay Baker of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department told a news conference.

“It’s a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate,” Baker added, referring to what he said were the suspect’s sexual addiction issues.

While preliminary investigations appeared to suggest the suspect was not motivated by racial hatred, officials said it was still too early to know with certainty and the probe was still ongoing.

read more:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN2B926D

Another bitter Incel.

Ok ZippyCount.

I did catch both of those stories on TV, one on regular news, one on a Fox personality show. Guess which one had a pic of the perp?

Better yet, which one did Biden talk about?
    https://fox59.com/news/crimetracker/...stridge-drive/

Face and name

https://www.wvlt.tv/2021/03/15/polic...fter-argument/

Face and name

https://www.newsweek.com/four-killed...family-1576394

Face and name

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...re/4719076001/

Face and name

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/im...nd/ar-BB1eBLqv

Face name and video of his arrest
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Sex addiction, not racial hatred, may have driven suspect in Georgia spa shootings
    Outlaw unsanctioned sex!

I'm not talking about what you can find on the internet. I'm talking about what the average person sees on their TV, which is probably CNN, Fox or their local news (and their version of national news).

Obviously, when they are looking for an active kidnapping subject, the local news might put out a pic (it's not a guarantee, it depends upon how controlled the local news is).

The Atlanta shooting were the opening story on my local news. And that bled into a story about the supposed rise in hate crimes against Asians, followed by a call for an Asian American be named new AG of CA.

CNN covered it for quite a while, including an interview with Rep Judy Chu, who assured us that this is another case of hate against Asians that was instigated by Trump saying WuFlu. This perp is now the poster child for crimes against Asians. When told that the Police have said that the perp was a sex addict and probable customer of the massage parlors, Chu said that it just cover, or may be a motivation in addition to his racism. And it's still Trump's fault.

Fox covered it, with a relatively long piece (1-2 minutes), but after the basic facts of the case, including pics of the perp, they covered the Police news conference about the perps sex addiction, and apparently was his insane way to eliminate temptation.

You can deny all you want. The media covers these stories with a blatant agenda.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Another bitter Incel.
    Just some collateral damage from the mind f*ck being put on the current generation. Women are all "hos", didn't Cardi B and The Grammys make that clear?

I'm not talking about what you can find on the internet. I'm talking about what the average person sees on their TV, which is probably CNN, Fox or their local news (and their version of national news).
    Click the links. 3 of 5 of those are news broadcasts by CBS, NBC, and Fox. Local news broadcast. Video. Anchor speaking.

It's not like I had to look hard, either. Just search his name on google and click the video button. Those are all from the first page, and there are plenty more like them.

Next argument?

The Atlanta shooting were the opening story on my local news. And that bled into a story about the supposed rise in hate crimes against Asians, followed by a call for an Asian American be named new AG of CA.
    Domestic violence is a less interesting story than seemingly random violence at multiple locations done by a stranger.
    Last edited by TheCount; 03-17-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Pinochet is the model

Click the links. 3 of 5 of those are news broadcasts by CBS, NBC, and Fox. Local news broadcast. Video. Anchor speaking.

It's not like I had to look hard, either. Just search his name on google and click the video button. Those are all from the first page, and there are plenty more like them.

Next argument?

Let me clarify: "I'm talking about what the average person sees on their TV, which is probably CNN, Fox or their local news (and their version of national news)." What I mean is that it will likely be on the local news where it happens, but not on the local news of every other place in America. My "local" news carries selected local news from other areas. That selected news from other locations included the Atlanta shooting, but not the Indianapolis story.

Domestic violence is a less interesting story than seemingly random violence at multiple locations done by a stranger.
    Domestic mass murder over the latest stimulus checks is an extremely interesting story. It is built for the national news.

But I suppose it has two strikes against it. It can't be linked somehow to Trump, and it does not fit the left's racist agenda.

Just some collateral damage from the mind f*ck being put on the current generation. Women are all "hos", didn't Cardi B and The Grammys make that clear?
    That is exactly right, that is just what this is, a mind $#@!.

That is exactly right, that is just what this is, a mind $#@!.
    Where's Scott Adams when we need him? Somebody ask him if this is hypnosis, conditioning or brainwashing...

Still playing the 'white terrorist' angle....

In a press conference Wednesday morning, Capt. Jay Baker, a spokesperson for the Cherokee Sheriff's Office, said Long was taken into custody "without incident" and described having "a bad day" as part of the suspect's mindset.

Baker said the Long "understood the gravity of [his crime]. And he was pretty much fed up, had been kind of at the end of his rope, and yesterday was a really bad day for him, and this is what he did."

The spokesperson said that Long was blamed "sex addiction" and temptation for his rampage and told police the attack was not racially motivated. It was not clear if Long ever went to the spas where the shootings occurred, and other officials said it was too early to determine a motive.

Baker's characterization of the cold-blooded murders drew intense reaction, with some calling it "strange," "casual" and even "sympathetic."

"This sheriff is offering up excuses for the murderer like he's their legal defense," @sea_of_shoes posted to Twitter.

"There is no way in hell he would have said that if the killer was brown or black," @asiehnamdar tweeted.

Long was charged Wednesday with four counts of murder and one count of assault.

Where's Scott Adams when we need him? Somebody ask him if this is hypnosis, conditioning or brainwashing...
    A little of all three.

I can see how a normal young man could have an impossible time just trying to get laid, between the queeers, weirdosexuals, shrieking feminists, and overly sexualized hookers.

Really ramping this one up!
    Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms took issue with the way authorities described the possible motive of the suspect in the Tuesday evening killings of eight people at three spa locations.

The mayor countered the depiction used by Capt. Jay Baker of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department shortly after he pointed to suspect Robert Aaron Long’s assertion that “sexual addiction” rather than racism toward Asian Americans was behind his shooting rampage.

“We are not about to get into victim blaming, victim shaming, here,” Bottoms said at a Wednesday news conference, adding, “We don’t know additional information about what his motives were. We will not begin to blame victims, and as far as we know in Atlanta these are legally operating businesses that have not been on our radar, the radar of [the Atlanta Police Department].”
    “That the Asian women murdered yesterday were working highly vulnerable and low-wage jobs during an ongoing pandemic speaks directly to the compounding impacts of misogyny, structural violence and white supremacy,said Phi Nguyen, a litigation director at Asian Americans Advancing Justice, in a statement.
    “While authorities are still investigating the motive in these attacks and whether or not they were anti-Asian in nature, we already know that too many within the AAPI [Asian American/Pacific Islander] community fear every day for themselves and their loved ones as a result of the spate of attacks over the past year,” the Southern Poverty Law Center said in a statement. “We all must call on elected officials to take steps to counter anti-Asian hate and other extremist or hateful ideology. And law enforcement at every level, along with social media companies, must work together to help intercept and combat this growing threat.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/atlanta-s...205454804.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    white supremacy
    Oh dear...

Minorities More Likely to Commit Hate Crimes Than White People

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What anyone's motives actually are (or are not) is no longer relevant. ("Intent does not matter" is the current Woke lingo for this.)

If at any point the question "Was this racist?"[1] is asked (as it certainly will be), then the answer is automatically and always "Yes." From there, it is simply a matter of adapting or customizing a standard narrative template for "racism"[1] in order to fit it to particulars.

[1] Or misogynist/misogyny or transphobic/transphobia (homophobic/homophobia is très passé) or whateverist/whateverism.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-17-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Now the White House weighs in....

Lead in from reporter "The president in the Oval Office said he doesn't want to make a connection on the motivations for what happened in Atlanta, BUT, to broaden it out why does the president think attacks on Asian-Americans are increasing?"

“There’s no question that some of the damaging rhetoric we saw during the prior administration — calling COVID ‘the Wuhan virus’ or other things — led to perceptions of the Asian American community that are inaccurate, unfair, have elevated threats against Asian Americans,” Psaki said.
    https://newsthud.com/watch-psaki-put...ian-americans/

Another bitter Incel.
    That appears to be latest narrative and MSM seems to have switched its tone slightly.

Some competeting narratives still being pushed in MSM, this headline is still on top of Drudge Report despite claims from police on motives.

KUNG FLU: Shootings coincide with rise of hate online...
    newstimes.com/news/article/Atlanta-spa-shootings-coincide-with-rise-of-16033696.php

Biden decries 'brutality' against Asian Americans following Atlanta-area spa shootings

Biden said that he had spoken with Justice Department officials and that a motive for the shootings was still being determined.

March 17, 2021, 4:12 PM EDT
    By Lauren Egan

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Wednesday addressed the spa shootings in Atlanta that left eight people dead, saying he understands the concern among Asian Americans as investigators work to determine a motive.

"Whatever the motivation here, I know Asian Americans, they are very concerned, because as you know I have been speaking about the brutality against Asian Americans, and it's troubling," Biden said.

Biden said that he had spoken on the phone Wednesday with the attorney general and the FBI director and that a motive for the shootings was still being determined.

A gunman shot and killed eight people at three massage spa parlors in the Atlanta area on Tuesday night, and six of the victims were women of Asian decent. Cherokee County sheriff's Capt. Jay Baker said that after a brief manhunt, Robert Aaron Long, 21, was arrested and later confessed to the attack.

Baker said in a news conference Wednesday that Long claimed that the attack was not racially motivated. Baker said that Long told investigators that he had a "sex addiction" and that he saw the spas as "a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate." Law enforcement officials said Long was believed to have previously visited the spas he targeted.

In a prime-time speech last week marking one year of Covid-19 shutdowns, Biden condemned "vicious" hate crimes against Asian Americans who he said were "attacked, harassed, blamed and scapegoated" for the pandemic.

Vice President Kamala Harris cautioned Wednesday morning that "the investigation is ongoing."

"We don't yet know — we're not yet clear — about the motive," Harris said. "But I do want to say to our Asian American community that we stand with you and understand how this has frightened and shocked and outraged."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said that answers were "urgently needed" to determine whether the attack was a hate crime.
    nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/biden-decries-brutality-against-asian-americans-following-atlanta-area-spa-n1261311

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

Atlanta massage parlor shooting suspect Robert Aaron Long had passion for guns: report

March 17, 2021
    The 21-year-old man suspected of killing eight people — six of them Asian women — at three metro Atlanta massage parlors professed a passion for guns and God, according to a report.

A student who graduated from Sequoyah High School with Long in 2017 told the news outlet on condition of anonymity: “He was very innocent seeming and wouldn’t even cuss.

“He was sorta nerdy and didn’t seem violent from what I remember. He was a hunter and his father was a youth minister or pastor. He was big into religion,” the former classmate added.

A tagline on an Instagram account that appeared to belong to Robert Aaron Long said: “Pizza, guns, drums, music, family, and God. This pretty much sums up my life. It’s a pretty good life.”via REUTERS
    A 2018 video on the Crabapple First Baptist Church’s Facebook page features Long discussing his Christian journey toward baptism, according to the Daily Beast.

“As many of you may remember, when I was 8 years old I thought I was becoming a Christian, and got baptized during that time. And I remember a lot of the reason for that is a lot of my friends in my Sunday school class were doing that,” Long says in the video, which had been deleted Wednesday morning.

“And after that time, there wasn’t any fruit from the root that is our salvation,” he says, adding that as a seventh-grader, he attended a youth group and a speaker was discussing the biblical story of the prodigal son.

“The son goes off and squanders all that he has and lives completely for himself and then, when he finds he’s wanting to eat pig food, he realized there’s something wrong and he goes back to his father and his father runs back to him and embraces him,” he says, according to the report.
    nypost.com/2021/03/17/atlanta-massage-parlor-shooting-suspect-had-passion-for-guns-report/

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    “Pizza, guns, drums, music, family, and God. This pretty much sums up my life. It’s a pretty good life.”
    Well, there weren't no "Pussy" in there so......

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post

Officials said that the 21-year-old suspect, Robert Aaron Long, appeared to have frequented the spas where Tuesday’s violence occurred or similar ones, and that he was heading to Florida when he was apprehended, perhaps to carry out further shootings. Six of the eight victims were women of Asian descent.

read more:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN2B926D
    I wonder if he caught some incurrable STD and blamed it on the women from the spas.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast