Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Set Aside Pride, and Try to Influence Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    1. No one complained.
    2. This isn't about supporting Trump; OP's history doesn't seem to reflect that even.
    3. Complaining will help get your way if you are on the right side of the Community Guidelines, otherwise complaints don't matter.

Thanks. Now, back on topic..
    It sounds like just another variation of the same tired bs the Trump supporters have posting a thousand times here to me. I could be wrong, hope I am.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaIconoclast View Post
    So how can WE influence Trump to consider better choices? One simple way is to send a short message to his contact page: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contact I just sent a message.
    Yes, writing emails to your representatives is a time-tested proven technique.

I personally think its more effective to create petitions, but that's just me.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Could we influence Trump? Maybe. But never by going to him and petitioning him. The only possible way to influence him is to abandon him, and leave him wondering what it would take to get us back in the herd like good little sheep. Nothing less--nothing less--could possibly get the attention of a guy like that.
    How is he to know that people are abandoning him, before the election takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    How is he to know that people are abandoning him, before the election takes place?
    Polls. Yes? We know he watches them. He has been bragging about them weekly.

Of course, maybe he no longer cares, now that he's the presumptive nominee. And maybe he's a good enough friend of Clinton that whenever he sees his numbers go up, he'll go out of his way to drive them down.

One thing is certain. If he sees a way to engineer a bigger swing in the polls by ignoring us and hoodwinking a larger group, we will be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Wow. Looks a lot like Rand's; who had advisors who had worked for Huckabee, Santorum, Bush, McCain, Tommy Thompson...

https://ballotpedia.org/Rand_Paul_pr...advisors,_2016
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Wow. Looks a lot like Rand's; who had advisors who had worked for Huckabee, Santorum, Bush, McCain, Tommy Thompson...

Sorry, I don't think you can compare ANYBODY on trump's list with that list of Rand's. trump's advisors are the most hardened of hardened neocons and unscrupulous Islamophobic MIC scum.

Those are whose advice trump wants. Send him cute postcards and facebook messages all you want though.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Sorry, I don't think you can compare ANYBODY on trump's list with that list of Rand's. trump's advisors are the most hardened of hardened neocons and unscrupulous Islamophobic MIC scum.

Those are whose advice trump wants. Send him cute postcards and facebook messages all you want though.
    I've often wondered what a Ron Paul team would have looked like, had he gotten this far...or what a Cabinet in a Ron Paul administration would look like. After all, there are only so many people (read:none) like Ron to choose from. He would have had to make some choices that would make us wince. They would, no doubt, come from the same pool as those who worked for Santorum, Bush, McCain, etc.

Here's a major difference, in my opinion, between a hypothetical Ron Paul team, Rand's team, and Trump's team: Ron and Rand are solid libertarian (or, in Rand's case, libertarian-leaning) candidates. They would never let those people lead them where they don't want to go, even if they have no better choice but to have them around. Trump has no experience with foreign policy, economic policy, etc. He would have to rely on those advisors much more than either Ron or Rand would, even if his ego is too yuuuuge to ever admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Don't become like this gal in post #3
    You're post 3. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

It sounds like just another variation of the same tired bs the Trump supporters have posting a thousand times here to me. I could be wrong, hope I am.

I've been tempted to post Hillary stories just to demonstrate the absurdity of these "neutral" Trump threads.

But anyway....
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You're post 3. O_o
    I'm a guy LOL
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I advocate for human liberty.

Hillary is against human liberty
    Trump is against human liberty

They should both be opposed with all our might. If they can't see the virtue of freedom and the wisdom of limited government, they don't deserve my vote, support, or influence. If Trump wanted your input, he would have taken his you-know-what out of your mouth and asked for it.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    If Trump wanted your input, he would have taken his you-know-what out of your mouth and asked for it.
    Is it against site guidelines for me to signal agreement with this? I don't want to cross any lines here.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Is it against site guidelines for me to signal agreement with this? I don't want to cross any lines here.
    Yeah I said cock first... I changed it to you-know-what....

Point made though, I think
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

There are no substantial comparisons between Ron/Rand and Trump you will be able to make here without being dishonest. Trump himself has no intelligible position on anything he has been asked so far as a candidate; with the exception of twitter, whatever written material gets posted comes from his advisors. We know this because he has on multiple occasions directly contradicted his "positions" on live TV, because when put on the spot, he has demonstrated time and again he does not understand the GOP ideology beyond the stereotype he has gone out of his way to perpetuate, to attract people such as yourself to his cause.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I've often wondered what a Ron Paul team would have looked like, had he gotten this far...or what a Cabinet in a Ron Paul administration would look like. After all, there are only so many people (read:none) like Ron to choose from. He would have had to make some choices that would make us wince. They would, no doubt, come from the same pool as those who worked for Santorum, Bush, McCain, etc.
    I seem to recall Ron talking about Jim Grant for Treasury Secretary last time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I think the biggest problem Ron Paul would have had in filling his cabinet is that half of them would have been there to eliminate their own jobs. And there's only one Leatherface, and he only had one chain saw.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    I seem to recall Ron talking about Jim Grant for Treasury Secretary last time.
    And John Stossel for Press Secretary.

And John Stossel for Press Secretary.
    I would rather have someone like Tom Woods or Alex Jones or even Michael Savage!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So how can WE influence Trump to consider better choices? One simple way is to send a short message to his contact page: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contact I just sent a message.
    Emails are no good.

Call me old fashioned, but I just don't think emails can carry the same level of tone & significance of a carefully crafted strongly worded hand-written letter.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Emails are no good.

Call me old fashioned, but I just don't think emails can carry the same level of tone & significance of a carefully crafted strongly worded hand-written letter.
    I've heard some suggest putting a moderate amount of talcum powder or corn starch in the envelope for emphasis.

I've heard some suggest putting a moderate amount of talcum powder or corn starch in the envelope for emphasis.
    I think you just got on a list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Emails are no good.

I think we found Ralph Nader.

Ralph Nader's Book 'Return to Sender' Showcases His Hundreds of Strange, Unanswered Letters To The White House

Emails are no good.

Yes, that's correct, at least where Trump is concerned. But you only revealed half the trick to it.

You have to write the note on the back of one of these:

Trump has already had a meeting with Henry Kissinger what does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    They've already conjured up half a dozen excuses for that.

My favorite is he can't destroy the Petrodollar unless he talks to the guy who invented it to see how it was created. Which is all the funnier when you consider the Petrodollar was created at the end of WWII, when Kissinger was 22 and stationed in Germany.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-21-2016 at 08:26 AM.

Henry Kissinger is now anti-establishment.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know. I guess we will see. I think we all agree that Kissinger sucks.

Rand Paul met with Bill Kristol when he was running. Did that tell you something? If so, what?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

I don't know. I guess we will see. I think we all agree that Kissinger sucks.

Rand Paul met with Bill Kristol when he was running. Did that tell you something? If so, what?
    That's true. Meetings don't mean much and a civilized discussion between two parties is always in order.

The stated alliances with Adelson and Preibus and appointment promises for Giuliani, Christie, Farid, etc. do tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There are no substantial comparisons between Ron/Rand and Trump you will be able to make here without being dishonest.
    He is by FAR, the closest to Rand on foreign policy. Both Trump and Rand didn't want amnesty; however, I think Trump's stance on illegal immigration is better than Rand's.

Trump himself has no intelligible position on anything he has been asked so far as a candidate; with the exception of twitter, whatever written material gets posted comes from his advisors.
    Not true at all.

Even Thomas Massie liked it.

We know this because he has on multiple occasions directly contradicted his "positions" on live TV,
    Usually it's Trump-haters selectively quoting, as we all saw with the Chris Dodd interview.

because when put on the spot, he has demonstrated time and again he does not understand the GOP ideology beyond the stereotype he has gone out of his way to perpetuate, to attract people such as yourself to his cause.
    Who cares about the "GOP ideology"? I care about my nation and yes, a lot of people who do are planning to vote for him.
    ================

He is by FAR, the closest to Rand on foreign policy. Both Trump and Rand didn't want amnesty; however, I think Trump's stance on illegal immigration is better than Rand's.

Not true at all.

Even Thomas Massie liked it.

Usually it's Trump-haters selectively quoting, as we all saw with the Chris Dodd interview.

Who cares about the "GOP ideology"? I care about my nation and yes, a lot of people who do are planning to vote for him.
    Did you even listen to that speech? You are too far gone.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast