Thread: Ron Paul First GOP Candidate to Appear on Ballot in All 50 States

Ron Paul First GOP Candidate to Appear on Ballot in All 50 States

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...c&e=af36abff8d

Ron Paul First GOP Candidate to
    Appear on Ballot in All 50 States

“Being first to appear on the ballot in all fifty states proves that
    Ron Paul is the only candidate with the organizational muscle,
    resources, and stamina to challenge Mitt Romney.”

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul is the first candidate among those vying for the GOP nomination to appear on the ballot in all 50 states, and the only candidate aside from moderate-establishment Mitt Romney to have any prospects for 50-state ballot access.

The 12-term Congressman from Texas filed to appear on the ballot in New Jersey today – Tuesday, March 27th – with double the required 1,000 signatures, giving him the status of first candidate to have nationwide ballot access. Romney is expected to file in New Jersey in the coming days, making his 50-state ballot access likely.

Not all states require activity such as the need to file paperwork to appear on the ballot. In the case of some states, for example, the respective secretaries of state simply green-light ballot access for candidates. In the over 30 states that do require some form of filing activity, filing requirements range from formalities such as filing paperwork and paying a fee to appear on the ballot, to similar requirements plus a quota of signatures from those enrolled in the relevant political party, to stringent requirements as in the example of Virginia, which requires filing plus thousands of signatures to authenticate candidate support.

In Virginia, Paul and Romney were the only candidates that appeared on the ballot in the Commonwealth’s primary held on March 6th – Super Tuesday. Counterfeit conservative Rick Santorum failed to file at all in Virginia, and serial hypocrite Newt Gingrich filed but fell short of qualifying. Would-be candidate Rick Perry’s suit that the other candidates joined against the Commonwealth was struck down on appeal, and an injunction determining whether and when paper ballots were to be printed was lifted, making possible the Paul-Romney matchup. More recently, Santorum failed to file in the District of Columbia, which is holding its primary on Tuesday, April 3rd or one week from today.

“Success in accessing ballots no matter a state’s requirements is a barometer for the strength of a campaign organization. Being first to appear on the ballot in all fifty states proves that Ron Paul is the only candidate with the organizational muscle, resources, and stamina to challenge Mitt Romney for the Republican nomination,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate.

“In concert with our delegate-attainment strategy, which is working well in states like Iowa, Nevada, Washington, and Missouri, we’re prepared and eager to continue on the long road to Tampa,” added Mr. Tate, referring to the Republican National Convention in to be held in Florida in September. “See you on the campaign trail.”
    Last edited by tsai3904; 03-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he is!

Santorum on the other hand campaigned on the steps of the Supreme Court yesterday in a town where he did not make the ballot (again.)
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-27-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I loved the fact that the Grinch couldnt even vote for himself because he was on the VA ballot.
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

And they want us to drop out.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    Of course they do, they hate being shown up so consistently by a campaign they've tried so hard to treat as a joke
    Besides if we did ever do something so foolish as drop out then their non-binding beauty contests would become closer to accurate
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    Of course they do, they hate being shown up so consistently by a campaign they've tried so hard to treat as a joke
    Besides if we did ever do something so foolish as drop out then their non-binding beauty contests would become closer to accurate
    They could have MADE them binding at the front end, but they wanted their thumb on the scale. They did NOT want competition for thumb space.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    That's cuz were scaring the crap out of them. They know this is far from over.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is news worthy - too bad journalism is dead.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    They could have MADE them binding at the front end, but they wanted their thumb on the scale. They did NOT want competition for thumb space.
    Indeed, they didn't want it and I will hazard nor did they expect it.
    Nothing like reaching out to push the button on your incumbency protection plan (aka status quo protection plan) and discover another hand working the controls.

It seems as if at least some of insiders fell victim to the spin, and assumed we were all rowdy, lazy, and unfocused. Must have been shocking to wake up to the reality that we're not some ignorant mob which can be marginalized into obscurity.

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Amazing. It's happening. WOOT WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    This is news worthy - too bad journalism is dead.

It wasn't on the NEWS News, the TALKIES, but it was on the scroll bar at the BOTTOM of the Talkie News yesterday that all embedded PRINT reporters have been pulled from Ron Paul's campaign.

COMPENSATORY action is required. PRINT must be generated from within...OR INDEPENDENTLY.

I am very proud to be one of the many NJ petition circulators and signators. The passion of this movement continually grows.
    Last edited by RonPaul101.com; 03-28-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul101.com View Post
    I am very proud to be one of the many NJ petition circulators and signators. The passion of this movement continually grows.

DOES the passion grow? I dunno. The passions of SOME are as strong or stronger than ever, which I contend is a double-edged sword.

The NUMBERS are growing. Believe you me, if a MARKET SECTOR catapulted from 5-ish to 15-plus percent in four years, Money=People would be eyeballing it closely . . . PARTICULARLY if it were independently owned, and might be enticed to "GO PUBLIC".

HOWEVER, comma, in all probability (what IS "The Market", if not PLAYING THE ODDS?), either the numbers are not growing fast enough OR #ElectionFraud is not being countermanded successfully enough. REALISTICALLY, staying the course does NOT bode well for Ron Paul winning THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. Concurrently, Officials staying THEIR course increases the chance of a Third Party candidate winning in November. However remote the chance, however skewed the odds, an INDEPENDENT candidate has a better shot at the Presidency than has EVER been the case in my lifetime.

LANDSLIDE is required for that to happen. The heralded Critical Mass in THIS case is a LANDSLIDE in the popular vote.

It could SO happen. It could happen to Ron Paul IN SPITE of Ron Paul, "no offense". But not if "all" y'all do is STAY THE COURSE. When I am not on the road, I am online. I KNOW how much TOIL AND TROUBLE "underpins" Ron Paul's double-digit increase. SEVEN MONTHS is the remaining window of opportunity. Repeating in 7 months what was accomplished in 4 years, DOUBLING the progress in a fraction of the time, is not enough.

WITH a commanding popular vote, the Delegate Strategy is gold.

WITHOUT a commanding popular vote (Masses who are fascinatingly unbothered by monkeying around with YOUR votes would be outraged by monkeying around with THEIR votes), there is NOT ONE REASON ON EARTH to believe "They" can't do to the Delegate Strategy what they have done right along...HIGHWAY ROBBERY...SMOKE & MIRRORS...MEN BEHIND THE CURTAIN...HOCUS POCUS...ABBRACADABRA...someone else wins. The best laid plans... The road to hell...

Big party for the Party over THERE, major rumblings of non-acceptance over HERE...whatchya gonna do?...hire LAWYERS?...like Al Gore? While the Market percolates along, with the real estate market FINALLY rounding the corner...resuscitated by foreign-especially-Chinese investment? Cha-ching, cha-ching.

"What's that? Election fraud, you say? Wouldn't surprise me...buncha crooks. You next in line, or still shopping? Nice talking to you, have a nice day."

[People playing for Influence/Success in the "Political Process" in 2016 and beyond are on a different page, hell, a different CHAPTER than I am. I have cause to believe that MILLIONS & MILLIONS of Silent Majority Americans are on MY page: We don't wan't a bigger slice of the Political Pie. We don't wanna be bossed around OR FED TO DIFFERENT WOLVES by different Deciders. We want to clean this $#@! up and reset the ol' clock, so that American Laypersons can again (for awhile) enjoy the dubious luxury of not having to spend their "off" hours "DOING THEIR HOMEWORK" so as not to get royally screwed over. I have cause to believe that MILLIONS & MILLIONS of Silent Majority Americans CAN be persuaded to go conceptually ALL IN on this election. If "only" as a resounding $#@! YOU to Entrenched Elite.

FIFTY-THREE MILLION is no big deal in some regards, but it is a WHOPPER of a voting bloc in the United States. OVER 53 MILLION is the number of Single American Women. It is IMPOSSIBLE to not win Women and not win Latinos, and win.

Mark my words: Down the road apiece, those of you who DO "go into Politics" will be wanting our votes and our PAC money. In the meantime, we will not begrudge you or Ron Paul the fruits of independent efforts.]
    Last edited by cheapseats; 03-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.

If only this meant we win.

They should just make enthusiasm meters for voting. We would win, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by revned View Post
    If only this meant we win.

They should just make enthusiasm meters for voting. We would win, hands down.
    Instead there are caucus votes, which we tend to win hands down (unless tag-teamed 3v1 or facing fraud... and sometimes even then )

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, but there aren't enough caucuses. They should ALL be caucuses.

Quote Originally Posted by revned View Post
    Yeah, but there aren't enough caucuses. They should ALL be caucuses.
    You know back before I got deeply involved with the electoral process (as opposed to issues or ideas that make up the broader political process)
    I used to really think Primaries were the superior system, but the more I've learned regarding how things work and the effects of each method the more I come to favor the caucus system. The primary reason being that it's more transparent (is it obtuse in it's own way absolutely but that's more upfront than in most primaries).
    Beyond transparency (which I really think is vital for honest elections) there's the question of investment in the process. A caucus system lends itself to debates of the issues and candidates more readily than a primary, further a caucus provides a context for local consideration of the issues binding the conversation more closely to the community of an area (as well as offering the possibility for that community to develop more individual connections within as well).
    Despite all it's murkiness I really think that the caucus system is superior in many ways, which is an interesting change of perspective for me.

Short answer: yes I think they should all be caucuses

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    ...which is an interesting change of perspective for me.
    It is super interesting when & how people change their minds, also RARE.

Short answer: yes I think they should all be caucuses
    Which, no disrespect intended, is not germane to the election at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    It wasn't on the NEWS News, the TALKIES, but it was on the scroll bar at the BOTTOM of the Talkie News yesterday that all embedded PRINT reporters have been pulled from Ron Paul's campaign.

COMPENSATORY action is required. PRINT must be generated from within...OR INDEPENDENTLY.

This is a big deal, in a bad way.

COMPENSATORY action is required. PRINT must be generated from within, or PREFERABLY independently.

When I click on an encouraging headline, and it turns out to have been generated by the Candidate's OWN CAMPAIGN, I don't downgrade it incrementally. It goes straight from AAA to B- in my rating.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    It is super interesting when & how people change their minds, also RARE.
    I make a practice of questioning everything as much as I'm able, especially things I think are correct.

Which, no disrespect intended, is not germane to the election at hand.
    True, was mostly just a response to the quoted, but you're right it is straying a bit off-topic.

Related to the OP: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/03/28/...didate-to.html
    Link of the same release now published in another source just in case anyone ever needs an alternate link.

give this link some love -- the first ARTICLE not press release: Ron Paul is first Republican candidate to appear in all fifty states

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...#ixzz1qRFcfopo

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    give this link some love -- the first ARTICLE not press release: Ron Paul is first Republican candidate to appear in all fifty states

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...#ixzz1qRFcfopo
    Nice find! clicked and shared.