Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan J. Hogg (the gun ban kid) now cares about constitutional rights

Exclamation Michigan J. Hogg (the gun ban kid) now cares about constitutional rights

Even if he doesn't have the brains to know which ones are being violated.

h/t to @acptulsa, forgot to mention that fact in the headline.

Parkland’s Hogg: Rules Requiring Clear Backpacks Violate Our First Amendment Rights

https://news.grabien.com/story-parkl...-violate-our-f

‘It’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated’

Mar 23, 2018

Parkland, Fla.'s David Hogg, whose become famous for his calls for restrictions on the Second Amendment, is attacking new rules governing students' backpacks as an unconstitutional abridgement of their First Amendment rights.

Hogg appeared Friday at a gun control forum with Axios's Mike Allen, where he complained about new rules at Stoneman Douglas High School requiring students use transparent backpacks.

"One of the other important things to realize is many students want their privacy," Hogg said. "There are many, for example, females in our school that when they go through their menstrual cycle, they don’t want people to see their tampons and stuff."

Hogg said going to school under such rules feels like a "prison."

"It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is," Hogg continued. "It has to be a clear backpack. What we should have is just more policies that make sure that these students are feeling safe and secure in their schools and not like they’re being fought against like it’s a prison.”

Here's a transcript of the exchange:

ALLEN: “One more about school. You mentioned your backpack. What do they do with your backpacks?”

HOGG: “I think after we come back from spring break, they are requiring all of us to have clear backpacks. One of the other important things to realize is many students want their privacy. There are many, for example, females in our school that when they go through their menstrual cycle, they don’t want people to see their tampons and stuff. It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is. It has to be a clear backpack. What we should have is just more policies that make sure that these students are feeling safe and secure in their schools and not like they’re being fought against like it’s a prison.”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-23-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There are many, for example, females in our school that when they go through their menstrual cycle, they don’t want people to see their tampons and stuff.
    This is laughable, all woemen do nowadays is parade around screeching about great their vaginas and menstrual flows are.

It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is.
    First Amendment? Is a backpack a speech, a printing press, or God? Can people only assemble if their bags are opaque? Does transparency prevent a redress of grievances?

I think you have him mischaracterized, AF. He doesn't have enough brains to be a frog.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-23-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    First Amendment? Is a backpack a speech, a printing press, or God?

I think you have him mischaracterized, AF. He doesn't have enough brains to be a frog.
    LOL - Exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is laughable, all woemen do nowadays is parade around screeching about great their vaginas and menstrual flows are.

That's exactly what crossed my mind while reading.

Wake me when he proposes limiting packs to hand sewn animal hide tanned by their own hands. Just like the Founders intended!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Wow. We had clear/mesh backpacks when I was in Middle School, right after columbine (1998?) Join the club kiddo.

The thing is, when you have 75 lbs of books to carry around, those backpacks last you about 3 months before you get a hole in them, and they start falling apart rapidly after that.

I found the solution was to stop bringing my books to class.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 03-24-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's exactly what crossed my mind while reading.
    A clitoris is a "little penis".

So, essentially, these woemen are parading around as $#@!s.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Liberals cater to emotional voters.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    HTTP 403 Forbidden

Now I'm curious...

Image cannot be displayed because it contains errors.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Image cannot be displayed because it contains errors.
    Emma Gonzalez (Parkland) recently posed for Time Magazine ripping up the U.S. Constitution. I can't find the photo anywhere.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-24-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Emma Gonzalez (Parkland) recently posed for Time Magazine ripping up the U.S. Constitution. I can't find the photo anywhere.
    So guns for those who toss out rule of law. (assuming EG is gonna vote hard for psychopaths)

Those kids are brilliant.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 03-24-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

The screaming dyke?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No record of that anywhere, and my search fu is strong today.

If so, she's sure to invited to the Article 5 Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No record of that anywhere, and my search fu is strong today.
    Someone posted it on a forum. It was blurry since it was a quick photo from the layout in the actual magazine.

This seems to be the article. No such picture though. http://time.com/longform/never-again-movement/

Cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    This seems to be the article. No such picture though. http://time.com/longform/never-again-movement/

Cover:

That just means they were smart enough not to use it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Here ya go.

Photoshop- not a photograph. Fake.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-24-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    Here ya go.

That was it. But much blurrier.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Photoshop- not a photograph.
    I still believe it's the image he was referring to.
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 03-24-2018 at 02:08 PM.

That was it. But much blurrier.
    W/o the magazine, I'm skeptical. Its too on the nose.

A photoshop doesn't mean Time didn't publish it.

Let the children lead - right? They are in the gun-free zone, they must have the answers, cause every adult is a fking idiot.

The answer seems pretty obvious, but perhaps not politically popular to the script writers and to the, perhaps unknowing, child actors.

You ask any one of these exploits to draw a police officer, and I'm betting they draw the 2 most identifying features (someone with a badge and a gun). Take the badge away, and what do you have? What is the real difference here? Do badges give mystical powers? Its no secret why the draft seeks 18 year olds, and why McDonald's marketing is so successful.

or

or

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    W/o the magazine, I'm skeptical.

A photoshop doesn't mean Time didn't publish it.
    I posted a link to the magazine.

I posted a link to the magazine.
    Yeah, is that the full rag though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast