1 4.55%
  • Didn't vote for Trump - Will NOT vote for him in the General next time

9 40.91%
  • Voted for Trump - Will vote for him in the General next time

10 45.45%
  • Voted for Trump - Will NOTE vote for him in the General next time

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has changed their mind about voting/ not voting for Trump in the General besides me?

Who has changed their mind about voting/ not voting for Trump in the General besides me?

I almost pulled the trigger and voted for Trump in the 2020 general but didn't. I now know that was a big mistake and will vote for him in the next general if he wins the republican nomination.
    Who else changed their mind?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still want a Tea Party candidate but if he wins the primary my reasons for voting for Trump

Reducing regulations.
    The trade agreement between some Middle Eastern countries that I don't care about which was labeled a peace treaty. Abraham I think was the name.
    Energy independent.
    The tax cut.
    Tough with China.
    USMCA was good.
    Out of Afghanistan.
    Good on the border.

Policy wise probably the least offensive President of my lifetime.

Ya , I 'll be voting against any dem in a general but I'll wait and see what turns up on the primary card. Basically you need someone more fiscally conservative than trump but it might ( probably) be too late to even worry about that so his energy positions now should be good in comparison to the fuctards that have been running things for two yrs , pelosi- schumer- harris - biden economic clown show.
    Do something Danke

NOTE the vote?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Voted for Trump - Will vote for him in the General next time
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

What if they held an election & nobody came?
    There is no spoon.

Never Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Someone unscrupulous would Declare a Win.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Never Trump
    As you indicated when you said you'd vote for Romney or Pence. If you're extra lucky, maybe Liz Cheney will run.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Someone unscrupulous would Declare a Win.
    So, 2nd verse, same as the 1st.
    There is no spoon.

They win.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

So, 2nd verse, same as the 1st.
    By voting you make them spend effort and resources to cheat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    As you indicated when you said you'd vote for Romney or Pence. If you're extra lucky, maybe Liz Cheney will run.
    Better than Trump. Any average Republican you name and you will get the same response. Better than Trump. Because they could actually get elected and that at least moves the needle the right way and is better than 4 more more years of whoever is running the country now (I don't believe Biden is).

Better than Trump. Any average Republican you name and you will get the same response. Better than Trump. Because they could actually get elected and that at least moves the needle the right way and is better than 4 more more years of whoever is running the country now (I don't believe Biden is).
    Spoken like a true Mainer. This is why New England shows blue in election results. SMDH How the Bush Dynasty has really ruined Maine.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Premature without saying who is in the primary.

I'll tell you what I think will happen, though. We'll have a really good candidate run in the primary (maybe Rand, or Massie, or someone like them, if there is such a thing), but it will be a half-assed run, and as usual they will drop out too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2016 redux.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Except that they have no following;little support and are only liked by a FEW Idiots..
    Idiots that would hand the country to the Communists without resistance.

Trump Has a Base.. they do not.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    2016 redux.
    and 69360 will vote for Hillary.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Spoken like a true Mainer. This is why New England shows blue in election results. SMDH How the Bush Dynasty has really ruined Maine.
    I liked the Bushes, besides Iraq.

and 69360 will vote for Hillary.
    The Clintons are worse than Trump.

Voted for Trump reluctantly in 2016 and 2020. At this point I only care about local and state elections. Why would I waste my vote for Trump in 2024. In 2020 he couldn't defeat a guy with dementia so how can he win in 2024. Just imagine in 2024 if the Democrats put up a candidate who was halfway lucid and normal?

Trump needs to step aside and play golf. He needs to stop feeding the Qtards, Trumptards, and delusional boomers copium. Maybe I'm totally blackpilled, but on the national level it is over.

At this point the only candidates I could vote for at a national level and not hate myself are: Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash. Like it matters. Will we ever see another Republican president?

At this point the only way to mask my despair is via trolling. I would "support" a Dan Crenshaw/Brian Fitzpatrick 2024 run.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Will we ever see another Republican president?
    DeSantis. He would win if he ran. He won Florida by 20 points which is unheard of, people like what he does.

I liked the Bushes, besides Iraq.
    So no problem with increased spending and debt and bailing out the banks?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Too many states rig the elections.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DeSantis. He would win if he ran. He won Florida by 20 points which is unheard of, people like what he does.
    People in Florida like him..

Not know elsewhere..Trump Rallies in nearly every State shows a Tangible Base.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Compared to what goes on now? That was nothing.

People in Florida like him..

Not know elsewhere..Trump Rallies in nearly every State shows a Tangible Base.
    A tiny miniscule percentage of voters attend political events. Attendence at those has no effect on vote totals. Biden won from his basement. Nobody went to see him.

A tiny miniscule percentage of voters attend political events. Attendence at those has no effect on vote totals. Biden won from his basement. Nobody went to see him.
    People whose political views are based around personalities rather than ideas are going to have a hard time understanding what you mean.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

LOL

It's the same gang.
    Trump the outsider changed things for 4 years and they hate him for it, none of them will change a thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Compared to what goes on now? That was nothing.
    It was not nothing. It was what made "what goes on now" possible.

"What goes on now" didn't just pop into existence from out of nowhere.

Clinton and Bush are at least as responsible for "what goes on now" as Trump and Biden are.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast