Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Billion Border Wall Funding Approved

5 Billion Border Wall Funding Approved

developing

The Latest: House approves wall funding as shutdown nears
    Live Updating-Boston.com

"On November 9, 1989, as the Cold War began to thaw across Eastern Europe, the spokesman for East Berlin's Communist Party announced a change in his city's relations with the West. Starting at midnight that day, he said, citizens of the GDR were free to cross the country's borders."
    Last edited by presence; 12-20-2018 at 09:14 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, yeah, but that probably won't go anywhere in the Senate.

$#@! it. Make it a hundred zillion. I don’t even hear these fools trying to lie about fiscal responsibility anymore. Build it around the whole some bitchin country like a new CCC jobs program. I can imagine the freedom now.

Good. So it isn't likely to pass the Senate, and then we can have this government "shutdown" which won't suddenly grind things to a halt, but will expose the fact that we don't need most of the government garbage that would be shut down. Make it permanent, don't come to an agreement to fund any of this nonsense again.

I'm still waiting on Mexico to pay for it. The official plan calls for taking all remittances from US to Mexico, and tarrifs on Mexican goods. That's not Mexico paying for it...

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    $#@! it. Make it a hundred zillion. I don’t even hear these fools trying to lie about fiscal responsibility anymore. Build it around the whole some bitchin country like a new CCC jobs program. I can imagine the freedom now.
    The wall will create so much freedom it will make your head spin
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So in that meeting last week with Schumer and Pelosi in front of all the cameras when Trump said he had the votes in the house but needed some from Chuck in the senate and Pelosi kept saying you don't have the votes in the house she was wrong?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Swordsmyth @Anti Federalist

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I feel rich and free already! When do we get started on the Canadian border and the Pacific and Atlantic oceans?

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    @Swordsmyth @Anti Federalist

I feel rich and free already! When do we get started on the Canadian border and the Pacific and Atlantic oceans?
    I am not sure I understand your sentiment. Do you feel that If I owned property on the US/Mexico border, I could open my property for people to come and go at will from country to country?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    So in that meeting last week with Schumer and Pelosi in front of all the cameras when Trump said he had the votes in the house but needed some from Chuck in the senate and Pelosi kept saying you don't have the votes in the house she was wrong?
    Correct . Pelosi wrong .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Correct . Pelosi wrong .
    In a liberal view would Pelosi being wrong mean that Trump was right?

I am not sure I understand your sentiment. Do you feel that If I owned property on the US/Mexico border, I could open my property for people to come and go at will from country to country?
    Likewise, I am not sure I understand your question, or concern.

Do you feel that if I own private property I should be told what or what not to do with it?

In a liberal view would Pelosi being wrong mean that Trump was right?
    It means they have to wash his balls .
    Do something Danke

Likewise, I am not sure I understand your question, or concern.

Do you feel that if I own private property I should be told what or what not to do with it?
    Get real. Do you own property? If you own an acre can you contact a drilling company or set up your own rig and drill for oil? Can you grow vegetables in your front lawn? Can you sell lemonade without first seeking a permit? This is not 1777. Your rights of property ownership were stolen or legislated away many years ago. Now you are simply leasing land with restrictions.

In several previous posts I argue that government should be funded by contributions.

Do you own property? I challenge you to defy your zoning laws and see what happens on a local level. Put your money and your perceived freedom where your mouth is.
    Last edited by Schifference; 12-21-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Get real. Do you own property? If you own an acre can you contact a drilling company or set up your own rig and drill for oil? Can you grow vegetables in your front lawn? Can you sell lemonade without first seeking a permit? This is not 1777. Your rights of property ownership were stolen or legislated away many years ago. Now you are simply leasing land with restrictions.

In several previous posts I argue that government should be funded by contributions.

Do you own property? I challenge you to defy your zoning laws and see what happens on a local level. Put your money and your perceived freedom where your mouth is.
    Challenge already met. I have not had dog licenses for decades. I do not purchase burning permits. Building, wiring etc. permits, nope and nope. Deck, shed, etc. built better and cheaper without paying strangers for permission. You are clearly owned by others, and would not think to remove your own nuise. I don’t know where you live, city, suburbs, other, but around my parts my neighbors and I don’t buy into organized crime.

I have made posts such as this if you do a search.

Get real.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am working on fixing up a property I own and have not acquired any permits. Need to access the liability.

I am working on fixing up a property I own and have not acquired any permits. Need to access the liability.

Nice project, I wish you luck. You may want to weigh options, fix what’s currently there or take it all down and reuse the lumber. A planer/joiner can freshen up lumber quite nicely. Stay away from particle board and use plywood. YMMV, depending on available funds.

For wiring, use 12 gauge/20 amp all the way around. Code allows 14 gauge/15 amp for lighting, but with 20 you’ll experience less sag and will leave options open down the road, you never know if you’ll need an outlet up top. And, instead of buying 2 different size breakers you only have to keep one size around.

Just some friendly suggestions. Oh, and if you’re worried about “code”, 20 amp will far exceed it. Just make sure your service can handle the load. Nothing less than 200a should suffice for that project but only you know your needs.

I just glanced at the second vid, it looks like you are under way :-)
    Last edited by PAF; 12-21-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Have you donated to the libertarian border wall Gofundme project yet???
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Challenge already met. I have not had dog licenses for decades. I do not purchase burning permits. Building, wiring etc. permits, nope and nope. Deck, shed, etc. built better and cheaper without paying strangers for permission. You are clearly owned by others, and would not think to remove your own nuise. I don’t know where you live, city, suburbs, other, but around my parts my neighbors and I don’t buy into organized crime.

I have made posts such as this if you do a search.

Get real.
    Do you pay Federal Income tax?

Nice project, I wish you luck. You may want to weigh options, fix what’s currently there or take it all down and reuse the lumber. A planer/joiner can freshen up lumber quite nicely. Stay away from particle board and use plywood. YMMV, depending on available funds.

For wiring, use 12 gauge/20 amp all the way around. Code allows 14 gauge/15 amp for lighting, but with 20 you’ll experience less sag and will leave options open down the road, you never know if you’ll need an outlet up top. And, instead of buying 2 different size breakers you only have to keep one size around.

Just some friendly suggestions. Oh, and if you’re worried about “code”, 20 amp will far exceed it. Just make sure your service can handle the load. Nothing less than 200a should suffice for that project but only you know your needs.

I just glanced at the second vid, it looks like you are under way :-)
    Point is this is out in country. I would not attempt this anywhere near the city. I am not afraid of building codes or inspection. My fear would be the house would be condemned and I would not be able to enter it. Once all foundation and beams replaced would not care about inspector. There is a different mentality in the country. The inspector is happy someone is fixing up a dilapidated building where one day they can have increased tax revenue. In the obtrusive city, inspectors are more concerned with fees, fines, citations and making your life hell.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do you pay Federal Income tax?
    Quit with the silly rhetorical questions. I know my limits as I weigh my financial risk. I pay them by force, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t exercise civil disobedience to live as free and independently as I can.

Wait, is this particular thread DTF or RPF? Lately I don’t know where I am on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Have you donated to the libertarian border wall Gofundme project yet???

Actually I am gofundingmyself. It is money best spent.

Quit with the silly rhetorical questions. I know my limits as I weigh my financial risk. I pay them by force, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t exercise civil disobedience to live as free and independently as I can.

Wait, is this particular thread DTF or RPF? Lately I don’t know where I am on this board.
    I would venture to say if you owned a piece of property on the US border you would "know your limits" and would not be exercising civil disobedience by allowing people to criss cross countries.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Point is this is out in country. I would not attempt this anywhere near the city. I am not afraid of building codes or inspection. My fear would be the house would be condemned and I would not be able to enter it. Once all foundation and beams replaced would not care about inspector. There is a different mentality in the country. The inspector is happy someone is fixing up a dilapidated building where one day they can have increased tax revenue. In the obtrusive city, inspectors are more concerned with fees, fines, citations and making your life hell.
    With liberty comes responsibility, in that one should always weigh personal options/risk. No doubt we live in a mob rule society controlled by criminals. But the more people who exercise civil disobedience, the better the outcome for all. It is a mindset change that does take time. I initiated things like this years ago, now my neighbors are fully on board.

As to your other response, it is nobody’s business but mine what I do or don’t do on my property. We’ll just leave it at that.
    Last edited by PAF; 12-21-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Furthermore, I would say if you owned property on both sides of the border in Mexico and in USA you would probably not even be able to cross onto your own land at that juncture.

You have no libertarian cred then. Just another tax slave talking big. You own nothing including your wages and your schtick is 'freedom of travel.' SMDH.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You have no libertarian cred then. Just another tax slave talking big. You own nothing including your wages and your schtick is 'freedom of travel.' SMDH.
    I am a little taken back by the hostility on this board. Ideas, sharing experiences, seeking ways to achieve liberty, etc, seemed to have gone all out the window. Have I said or done anything that has harmed anybody?

Challenge already met.

[]

I don’t know where you live, city, suburbs, other, but around my parts my neighbors and I don’t buy into organized crime.
    cheers to that

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I am a little taken back by the hostility on this board. Ideas, sharing experiences, seeking ways to achieve liberty, etc, seemed to have gone all out the window. Have I said or done anything that has harmed anybody?
    I just think you are being inconsistent. In one respect you speak of property rights and civil disobedience in the next you know what you can get away with. Which one is it? Maybe many here have come to grips that we don't live in the era of the founding fathers.

Do you pay property taxes? Why not protest on grounds of civil disobedience

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast