Thread: Florida Jury Nullification: Woman Found 'Not Guilty' of Medical Marijuana Cultivation

Florida Jury Nullification: Woman Found 'Not Guilty' of Medical Marijuana Cultivation

"...Bridget Kirouac, a medical marijuana patient who relocated from Maine to Florida, and who suffers from debilitating bone spurs, was found not guilty of cultivating medical marijuana in her Martin County home..."

Informing the sympathetic jury, “I’m not a criminal, I’m a patient,” Kirouac told the attentive courtroom. “All I’m trying to do is survive.” Kirouac used marijuana

Kirouac explained to the courtroom that she was an MMJ patient in the state of Maine with a valid recommendation for medical marijuana before relocating to the Sunshine State for its warmer climate. She held back tears while explaining her struggle with pain. “When you get to that point, and you tried as many of the options that are available to you as I have…dying becomes a very attractive prospect,” she said.

http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/2...a-cultivation/
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. It's sickening that she even had to be subjected to arrest and trial over a plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Who would prosecute that to begin with ? Time to get rid of 'em .

In 2014, deputies arrested the Martin County woman after they followed her home from a hydroponics store on suspicion that she was growing marijuana.

Deputies searched her home and found 20 marijuana plants.
    Hydroponics is probable cause? O_o

However, she says she had a reason.

Kirouac, who moved here from Maine, claims she suffers from several serious medical ailments.
    Who cares? I've got reasons for smoking weed, too. It just shouldn't be illegal.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Hydroponics is probable cause?
    Breathing is probable cause in AmeriKa.

Now, move the $#@! along.

Nice to see some good news though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Breathing is probable cause in AmeriKa.

Now, move the $#@! along.
    I just hope some of the fellas defending the cops in the titty shaking thread don't have wives or daughters into hydroponics.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I just hope some of the fellas defending the cops in the titty shaking thread don't have wives or daughters into hydroponics.
    I'm sure they're all upstanding citizens and they and their family would never dream of breaking the law.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this happened on a regular basis across the country the police state would wither and die. But boobus can't get the concept of liberty through their thick skulls.
    "The Patriarch"

Jury Nullification is great!!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

A most excellent court decision.