Thread: Otto Warmbier, American Recently Released by NK, Has Severe Brain Damage

Otto Warmbier, American Recently Released by NK, Has Severe Brain Damage

His doctors are giving a press conference.

He's suffered severe loss of tissue in the brain, is conscious, but has yet to speak or make voluntary movement.

They think he suffered respiratory arrest sometime last year, either from trauma or intoxication.

Very sad situation

$#@!ing communist barbarians

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't image anything like this happening in an American prison. They would have provided better care and forthrightness about the situation

On behalf of The Texican.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    He's suffered severe loss of tissue in the brain, is conscious, but...
    (You meant "is not conscious" didn't you?)

"respiratory arrest" - If I understand correctly, he went without oxygen to the brain for some period of time. Only takes a few minutes for extensive damage to occur.

At the wishes of the parents, doctors would not publicly discuss his prognosis. Sounds really bad.

Sorry for parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    (You meant "is not conscious" didn't you?)
    They said he was conscious. I think the exact term was "a state of unresponsive wakefulness."

So, basically, awake and eyes open but nothing going on upstairs.

My *guess* would be the Norks drugged him to shut him up and didn't much care about the dosage.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-15-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Obama is Slime.

Earlier, Otto's father, Fred, dismissed whatever efforts were made on behalf of his son by the Obama administration, which asked the family to keep a low profile when news of Otto’s arrest became public.

“The results speak for themselves,” he said in a news conference, adding that President Trump, by contrast, reached out to him personally.

“Last evening, we received a very nice phone call from Pres. Trump, who told us that Sec. of State Tillerson worked hard to bring Otto home. We are extremely grateful for their efforts and concern,” he said.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    They said he was conscious. I think the exact term was "a state of unresponsive wakefulness."

So, basically, awake and eyes open but nothing going on upstairs.

My *guess* would be the Norks drugged him to shut him up and didn't much care about the dosage.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

This may seem heartless, but I really have a hard time mustering a lot of sympathy. Yes, it's a shame, but it comes back to "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

hey guys lets go to north korea, literally the worst place on the planet "Lol cool dude lets go"
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...s_brain_damage

An American college student who emerged from prison in North Korea in a coma has severe brain damage, but doctors don't know what caused it, a medical team treating him in Ohio said Thursday.

The doctors described Otto Warmbier as being in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness" but declined to discuss his outlook for improvement, saying such information would be kept confidential.

"He has spontaneous eye opening and blinking," said Dr. Daniel Kanter, director of neurocritical care for the University of Cincinnati Health system. "However, he shows no signs of understanding language, responding to verbal commands or awareness of his surroundings. He has not spoken."

Warmbier, 22, is in stable condition at the UC Medical Center, where he was taken after his arrival in Ohio late Tuesday after more than 17 months in North Korean captivity. The reclusive country accused the University of Virginia student of anti-state activities.

His father, Fred Warmbier, said the family was proud of him, calling him "a fighter."

The elder Warmbier said he didn't believe North Korea's explanation that the coma resulted from botulism and a sleeping pill. U.S. doctors said they found no evidence of active botulism, a rare, serious illness caused by contaminated food or a dirty wound.

He said there was no reason for North Korea to keep his son's condition secret for more than a year and to deny him top medical care. Warmbier's condition apparently deteriorated shortly after he was sentenced for subversion in March 2016.

Kanter said the young man suffered "extensive loss of brain tissue in all regions of the brain." Doctors said his injuries are consistent with respiratory arrest cutting off oxygen to the brain, but they don't know what caused it.

Doctors said they examined Warmbier's body and saw no evidence of fractures that might be evidence of severe beatings.
    Oxygen deprivation could have even been a suicide attempt.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    This may seem heartless, but I really have a hard time mustering a lot of sympathy. Yes, it's a shame, but it comes back to "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" for me.
    Yup.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    U.S. doctors said they found no evidence of active botulism, a rare, serious illness caused by contaminated food or a dirty wound.
    Fake news. Botulism is hardly rare.

Dude obviously failed at suicide, just like he failed at good judgement.
    Last edited by UWDude; 06-15-2017 at 10:24 PM.