Thread: We need to become Electoral College Members

We need to become Electoral College Members

The real election starts on December 15 where the electors meet at the State capitol and vote for the President. There is no law requiring that electors vote in accordance with the popular vote of each State.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is a DANGEROUS suggestion my friend....

"Acquiesence in the will of the majority is the first principle of Republics." Thomas Jefferson

If RP gets even 3% of the vote in your area, and you give him your electoral vote, it will make big news, and the Revolution will be in a lot of trouble, especially if that one vote determines who wins the White House. The everyday people won't be too fond of us if they now we're stealing democracy from them.

I cannot more highly disapprove of this. Of course, if Dr. Paul does win a district by some weird chance, I assume that none of the usual electors will vote for a write in candidate, so maybe you would be in a position to assure fairness.
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

Wrong, the Electoral College was orginally designed the way I've stated. We are a republic and not a democracy and the most important thing is maintaining a system of checks and balances to preserve freedom such as free speech, right of bear arms, right to a fair trial, right to a jury, right to jury nullification as a juror, and all inalienable rights derived from our creator.

you cant just "become" an electoral college member... they are already decided...

Quote Originally Posted by garrettwombat View Post
    you cant just "become" an electoral college member... they are already decided...
    who is "the decider"?
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

Ahhh, the gatekeepers (who have unfortunately, already gone to the dark side - against liberty) will have the final say on who will become POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Ahhh, the gatekeepers (who have unfortunately, already gone to the dark side - against liberty) will have the final say on who will become POTUS.
    If you really believe that, why are you even in the Ron Paul forums? I still believe he has a shot at the Presidency and the Nevada Convention proved that.
    We have delegates in every state so this isn't isolated. The Republican Party leaders can't keep walking out on conventions otherwise they will not have a nominee so they will be forced to go with Ron Paul's votes at the convention.

It is just as important that we become electroal college members. Again the real election is on December 15th.

Sorry, I phrased that poorly as usual...

Yes. I agree, lets become the new gatekeepers!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.archives.gov/federal-regi...ege/about.html

Who Selects the Electors?

The process for selecting electors varies throughout the United States. Generally, the political parties nominate electors at their State party conventions or by a vote of the party's central committee in each State.

Electors are often selected to recognize their service and dedication to their political party. They may be State-elected officials, party leaders, or persons who have a personal or political affiliation with the Presidential candidate.

Then the voters in each State choose the electors on the day of the general election. The electors' names may or may not appear on the ballot below the name of the candidates running for President, depending on the procedure in each State.

* There are some restrictions for appointing electors.

What are the qualifications to be an elector?

The U.S. Constitution contains very few provisions relating to the qualifications of electors. Article II, section 1, clause 2 provides that no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. As a historical matter, the 14th Amendment provides that State officials who have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States or given aid and comfort to its enemies are disqualified from serving as electors. This prohibition relates to the post-Civil War era.

A State's certification of electors on its Certificates of Ascertainment is generally sufficient to establish the qualifications of electors.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    The real election starts on December 15 where the electors meet at the State capitol and vote for the President. There is no law requiring that electors vote in accordance with the popular vote of each State.
    CORRECT. I wish more Paul supporters had done what I did.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by profg View Post
    CORRECT. I wish more Paul supporters had done what I did.
    @profg! You are our hero.