Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi introduces legislation to assure Democrats Never Lose Another Election

Pelosi introduces legislation to assure Democrats Never Lose Another Election

Some provisions:

Requires states to get “preclearance” from Washington, D.C., before changing their election procedures.
    Mandates taxpayer dollars fund candidates who citizens actually oppose for office.
    Forces all states to allow all convicted felons to vote.
    Requires all states to allow same-day voter registration, which leads to voter fraud.
    Makes it difficult for a state to discover if a voter is also voting in another state.
    Prevents states from limiting early voting.
    Prevents states from limiting voting by mail.
    Requires all states to provide free mail-in absentee ballots.
    Criminalizes political speech that the government deems “discouraging” to voters who are statistically more likely to vote Democrat.
    Takes redistricting away from elected leaders to give to left-leaning commissions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Forces all states to allow all convicted felons to vote.
    I agree with this.......

Who better to vote against the current government?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I agree with this.......

Who better to vote against the current government?
    Not if they get released early.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not if they get released early.
    Oh bull$#@!!

Anybody who's been through the system hates the system.........

Oh bull$#@!!

Anybody who's been through the system hates the system.........
    Maybe so, but they do all vote Democrat.

Not that me and the Republicans are BFFs.

But the point does stand, I think, that letting them vote tips the scales strongly in the Democrat's favor.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/30/182039...ederal-holiday

Mitch McConnell: making Election Day a federal holiday is a Democratic “power grab”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell doesn’t think Election Day should be a federal holiday because that would give Democrats too much power.

McConnell took to the Senate floor Wednesday to rail against HR 1, the sweeping anti-corruption proposal House Democrats have put forward as their first bill in the majority. Among many other measures, it proposes making Election Day a federal holiday and encourages private sector businesses to do the same.

McConnell, who calls the bill the “Democratic Politician Protection Act,” sees that as a “power grab.”

“Just what America needs, another paid holiday and a bunch of government workers being paid to go out and work ... [on Democratic] campaigns,” he snarked on the Senate floor. “This is the Democrat plan to restore democracy? ... A power grab.”

The proposal to make Election Day a federal holiday is based on a simple reality: A wide swath of the American public doesn’t vote — and most of those nonvoters say they skipped the polls because they had to work or get kids to school and didn’t have the time.

Currently, more than 20 states require employers to allow paid time off to vote. Others require employers to allow unpaid time off. Voting rights activists argue that making Election Day a federal holiday would promote more civic participation. Detractors say a federal holiday would be too big an ask of businesses that rely on day-to-day revenue.

McConnell is making a different argument altogether: He’s saying that making Election Day a federal holiday would result in unfavorable election outcomes for Republicans. More to the point, he’s saying that the more people vote, the worse it is for his party.

Well I guess we're never going to have another republican president then.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

-State of Emergency to be declared, Libertarians and conservatives under house arrest till after election
    cycle end.
    -Buses to run 24/7; Mexico to US polling places.
    -Special x signed ballots (no witness required) distributed to all US cemeteries.
    -All Prisons to open gates on polling days.
    -DNC to administer all audits.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Maybe so, but they do all vote Democrat.

Not that me and the Republicans are BFFs.

But the point does stand, I think, that letting them vote tips the scales strongly in the Democrat's favor.
    I know several convicted felons and not one of them votes dem..........

Most of them do.
    Somehow every time felons are given back the vote the Demoncrats' vote share goes up in that state.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Me too. A half-dozen worth. But, because of my geographic and circle they are all white males. So perhaps other demographics are different? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Most of them do.
    Somehow every time felons are given back the vote the Demoncrats' vote share goes up in that state.
    I think that it stands to reason that the profile of a convicted felon baring personal use drug convictions,
    would align quite well with that of a Liberal.

Good lord Tod , that's one hell of a badge of honor, I know none.
    I'm not hangin' with the right crowd.

I do not think it should be a Fed Holiday but I am not so sure Mitch is correct .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not think it should be a Fed Holiday but I am not so sure Mitch is correct .
    Our voters have jobs, our vote might increase.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why not vote on a weekend?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nancy Pelosi proposal in a nutshell: anyone can vote, any where, as many times as they want. Votes will be counted by Democrats, and counting will continue in every race until the Democrat wins.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I feel my state has the right to put limitations on mail in ballots , to disallow same day voter registration , limit early voting etc . This bill will not make it through the senate because of these . I would also encourage my state to continue all current practices regardless . I would also chip in if the Gov. would like to buy everyone a bayonet and I would volunteer to give some classes .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-30-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Do something Danke

Don't give them ideas, they'll schedule Nascar races and those Duck Caller
    shows , to keep Republicans at home glued to the set/

Tuesday was the day most convenient to farmers who came into town to buy supplies in the old days is what I was told.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would not even have a problem with early voting being eliminated with exceptions for elderly and handicapped and mail voting available only to military .
    Do something Danke

I feel my state has the right to put limitations on mail in ballots , to disallow same day voter registration , limit early voting etc . This bill will not make it through the senate because of these . I would also encourage my state to continue all current practices regardless . I would also chip in if the Gov. would like to buy everyone a bayonet and give classes .
    Congress is charged with arming the militia, every male 16 and older is part of the militia, I want my M-14.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Our voters have jobs, our vote might increase.
    Correct . They all work and most work more than 8 hours a day . The freeloaders are mostly in the other party .
    Do something Danke

I feel my state has the right to put limitations on mail in ballots , to disallow same day voter registration , limit early voting etc . This bill will not make it through the senate because of these . I would also encourage my state to continue all current practices regardless . I would also chip in if the Gov. would like to buy everyone a bayonet and give classes .
    I think we can all see this one from a mile away;
    ''same day voter registration''
    Liberals aren't like regular folks, they don't plan ahead, responsibility
    is for those other guys.
    Pretty obvious why they came up with this one imv.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Good lord Tod , that's one hell of a badge of honor, I know none.
    I'm not hangin' with the right crowd.
    A friend, contractor, did 12 yrs. for cocaine trafficking in a federal pen in his youth. He got out, got into construction, became a contractor. He built $2-$5 million mansions with the crew he put together. He's probably worth $3-$5 million in assets now. He's retired from contracting and builds beautiful wood doors from salvaged premium wood. Sells each of them for around $6k. Per door. He loves the $#@! out of the Republican party and is a staunch MAGA man.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    A friend, contractor, did 12 yrs. for cocaine trafficking in a federal pen in his youth. He got out, got into construction, became a contractor. He built $2-$5 million mansions with the crew he put together. He's probably worth $3-$5 million in assets now. He's retired from contracting and builds beautiful wood doors from salvaged premium wood. Sells each of them for around $6k. Per door. He loves the $#@! out of the Republican party and is a staunch MAGA man.
    You should coach your friend, the Republican party is only very slightly advanced in
    terms of the Constitution and our Bill of Rights over the Demos , not to mention the endless wars
    that the war hawks bring.
    Bearing in mind, Trump is not a 'real' republican , he just ran on the ticket.

I think we can all see this one from a mile away;
    ''same day voter registration''
    Liberals aren't like regular folks, they don't plan ahead, responsibility
    is for those other guys.
    Pretty obvious why they came up with this one imv.

It also leaves no time to check whether the registration is fraudulent.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It also leaves no time to check whether the registration is fraudulent.
    ah ha , I missed that , good point.

You should coach your friend, the Republican party is only very slightly advanced in
    terms of the Constitution and our Bill of Rights over the Demos , not to mention the endless wars
    that the war hawks bring.
    Bearing in mind, Trump is not a 'real' republican , he just ran on the ticket.
    No. He's doing fine. Married a high school friend of mine 10 yrs. his junior. School teacher and flaming liberal. Two daughters. Has a nice spread. A really nice spread. His wife's vote cancels his so it is a wash. He doesn't need coaching from me.

Well OK, but that's not the statistic.

Now there could be massive voter fraud and all the felons are actually voting Libertarian or Green Party or GOP and it's just getting counted for the Dems.

I in fact assume there is massive voter fraud, on a continual basis.

It will just be kind of too bad if this bill passes as it will further entrenchify voter fraud and make it more impossible to blow the lid off of.

Not that the public has cared about the voter fraud that already has been thus blown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast