Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrats Staging Sit-In On House Floor To Protest 2nd Amendment

Democrats Staging Sit-In On House Floor To Protest 2nd Amendment

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...-stage-protest

Rebellious Democrats shut down the House's legislative work on Wednesday, staging a sit-in on the House floor and refusing to leave until they secured a vote on gun control measures. Exasperated Republicans were forced to recess while cutting off cameras that showed the protest.

Nearly 100 Democrats led by Georgia Rep. John Lewis demanded a vote on measures to expand background checks and block gun purchases by some suspected terrorists in the aftermath of last week's massacre in Orlando, Florida, that killed 49 people in a gay nightclub. It was the worst shooting in modern U.S. history.

"No bill, no break," shouted Democrats, who demanded that Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., keep the House in session through its planned weeklong recess next week to debate and vote on gun legislation.
    The GOP is useless.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's the worst thing that can happen if they just leave them sitting there?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What's the worst thing that can happen if they just leave them sitting there?
    Once again the GOP is in a corner. As long as they're sitting there they get free press. If he allows the vote, then he caved. If he doesn't allow the vote, they demagogue.

This is why a loud mouth bully like Trump is the frontrunner. Ryan no doubt has a team of consultants drafting a plan to minimize damage, while Trump would be front and center, shouting at them.

Vote or not, this would have even less chance of passage than in the Senate, I'm guessing. Count on guns to be a hot button election issue.

Gee... I have an idea...
    While they're sitting there (doing nothing)... educate them.
    Play them some videos. There's lots.
    Start w/ these 2....

In response to this article...

============

and this is good too

Holy crap.. Gawker is agreeing with the GOP.

The no-fly list is a civil rights disaster by every conceivable standard. It is secret, it disproportionately affects Arab-Americans, it is error-prone, there is no due process or effective recourse for people placed on the list, and it constantly and relentlessly expands. As of 2014, the government had a master watchlist of 680,000 people, forty percent of whom had “no recognized terrorist group affiliation.” This is both an absurdly large number of people to arbitrarily target in gun control legislation, and far, far too few to have any meaningful effect on actual gun ownership, let alone gun violence.

Of that CONstitution they all took a very solemn oath of office to preserve, protect and defend.

Congresscritters are scum squared.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They give hippies a bad name.

One of the reasons they arrested the Bundy's was because they were impeding government workers. If they are still sitting there when the janitor shows up do the gloves come off?

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    ^^^^awesome^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Vote or not, this would have even less chance of passage than in the Senate, I'm guessing. Count on guns to be a hot button election issue.
    That's a pretty big mistake on the part of the Dems. Regardless of whatever fake statistics they publish this week, the reality is that every time guns become a major election issue it always helps pro-gun Republicans. Like, every single time in the last century. As a hard-core progun person myself, I say let the dingbats make guns an election issue. I'm not going to stop them shooting themselves in the foot.

If someone accidentally bolts the door shut from the outside and there is a huge accidental house fire, would that be a tragedy?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If someone accidentally bolts the door shut from the outside and there is a huge accidental house fire, would that be a tragedy?
    "Tragedy", "God-send," different things to different people I suppose.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One man's tragedy is another man's divine providence.

Hose 'em if they sit,
    Cut 'em if they stand,
    Shoot 'em if they run.

(I'm just kidding, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

The GOP is useless.
    They are half the problem. Have been for some time.

Democrats argue about guns and Republicans give more guns to police.
    Every time.

Tag team.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

What and get martyrs for the cause? They are good a staging things already, don't give them any ideas.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Last I checked the associated hashtag had 1.5 mil plus mentions. Then again I think the basketball game hit about the same. THAT IS THE MEASURE OF THEIR RESOLE. lol.

I'd like to see an overlay on that picture, detailing precisely how many armed men are guarding them THAT VERY MOMENT. "They sat down for 12 hours in the middle of the night protected by guns, so that when you woke up in the morning you couldn't be."

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Why is it the Dems are only ever on the floor to strip people of rights ? Anyone voting for those people is a retard and by Dem standards , not a person and to have no bill of rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    ????????????

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    ????????????

That appears to be the Asian version.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

More on Congressional Dimocrats’ Snit Fit
    Becky Akers

First, even devout Democrats admit that the unseemly sit-in on the floor of the House of Representatives was a publicity stunt:

After nearly 26 hours, House Democrats, lead by civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis, decided Thursday to end their sit-in demanding stricter gun control legislation.

As expected, they didn’t get what they were asking for – a vote on the “no fly, no buy” bill, and another vote on universal background checks.

What Democrats did get was lots of attention. … Speaker of the House Paul Ryan said the sit-in was a “publicity stunt.”

And it was — but is there anything wrong with that?

Progressives: utterly shameless and even stupider than they are shameless.

Second, after reading my article, Phillip Osborne wrote me, “Do these idiots not remember that one of their heroes, Ted Kennedy, was on the no fly list?” His astute comment reminded me of a detail I should have included in the piece (in which I also confessed that I’m now thinking like a Rethuglican, so perhaps that temporary insanity explains my lapse): Rep[rehensible] John Lewis, alleged leader of the Dims’ publicity stunt, was on the No-Fly List! Yes! Indeed, his inclusion there caused him considerable trouble and embarrassment, so it’s not as though the old fart simply forgot how sloppy and unreliable said list is. Delicious to realize he’s one of the folks this silly bill would disarm, isn’t it?

On the other hand, John’s a dyed-in-the-wool Progressive. If a few minutes of thinking like a Republican can knock facts out of Your Intrepid Reporter’s head, what does a lifetime of Progressivism’s nonsense do to a born moron?
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...rats-snit-fit/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Lets be clear here. Elected Democrats do NOT care about Democracy. They care about taking the power away from the people. They do NOT represent the will of the public, unless they are pretending that some popular topic that damages our society is what should happen.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

LibForestPaul

Trump will be no different than Clinton with gun rights. Clown may be different, but constitution will still get pissed on.

...We would have to pay firefighters over time/ Still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Trump will be no different than Clinton with gun rights. Clown may be different, but constitution will still get pissed on.
    Oh please...One is better for gun rights, the other is a nightmare come to life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast