Thread: Google Censors Guns, Removes Shopping Results

Google Censors Guns, Removes Shopping Results

On February 26, Twitter users LADowd and Xavier Dreyman noticed that results in the most-used search engine in the world were returning nothing in the “Shopping” tab when any query included a gun part, model, or manufacturer.
    His first result was for the rather broad term of “rifle scope”. This netted zero results while providing just two sponsored results below the main search. Curiosity must’ve taken over and he continued on looking for “remington razor” which also netted a whopping 0 results. Turns out, the problem was that Remington is most known for firearms.
    Twitter users became even more curious. Myself and others decided to test this and any shopping result for anything related to “Remington”, “Glock”, and “Colt” turns up nothing. Twitter user “Stigcicle” found a more concise list that includes censoring “Steyr”, an Australian town has the misfortune of sharing the name with a gun manufacturer. This includes shopping for parts for your Dodge Colt; if you still have one it is likely in need of many parts anyway.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...opping-results
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are reports that GOOGLE has walked this back.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There are reports that GOOGLE has walked this back.
    I just Googled AR-15 and Colt 1911 under shopping for $#@!s and giggles. Yup. No returned results.

Google Censors Guns, Removes Shopping Results

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...opping-results
    https://medium.com/@douglasmatthewst...s-5cf9c7a3d995

It appears that Google may have silently joined the ranks of one side of the gun control debate.

On February 26, Twitter users LADowd and Xavier Dreyman noticed that results in the most-used search engine in the world were returning nothing in the “Shopping” tab when any query included a gun part, model, or manufacturer.

His first result was for the rather broad term of “rifle scope”. This netted zero results while providing just two sponsored results below the main search. Curiosity must’ve taken over and he continued on looking for “remington razor” which also netted a whopping 0 results. Turns out, the problem was that Remington is most known for firearms.

Twitter users became even more curious. Myself and others decided to test this and any shopping result for anything related to “Remington”, “Glock”, and “Colt” turns up nothing. Twitter user “Stigcicle” found a more concise list that includes censoring “Steyr”, an Australian town has the misfortune of sharing the name with a gun manufacturer. This includes shopping for parts for your Dodge Colt; if you still have one it is likely in need of many parts anyway.

In order to verify, I took a video of the search results to confirm. Sure enough, it returns 0 results.

Full article on links.

---

They are again coming for your guns.

They know damn good and well they may not win today, but given what children experience in todays schools, those children will learn that to be safe they must give up all guns of the people. Those in power who seek public disarmament are a patient lot who are willing to wait generations to get their way. What they do today simply paves that road.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Probably just as well that this is posted in two forums. It is very very important.

---

Challenge for everyone. Why is Censorship such an important goal of the powers that be? What can they achieve by being able to censor everything they want censored?
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Why is Censorship such an important goal of the powers that be? What can they achieve by being able to censor everything they want censored?
    Thought control.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Thought control.
    Exactly. +Rep

Belief (Perception), Money, and Violence

Censorship, and in this topic, particularly on anything gun related, is an assault on two fronts: Belief, like you said, Thought Control, AND Violence.

The true rulers of the world use all three methods to have absolute dominance over all people. Sadly, I very rarely hear it repeated by anyone, and not just here on the forums. Also, Im not the one that came up with the idea, the powers that be did.

Perhaps I am the one asking the wrong questions? If you were to have absolute power over every person in the world, what methods do you think you would need to establish and maintain that level of power?
    1776 > 1984

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I just Googled AR-15 and Colt 1911 under shopping for $#@!s and giggles. Yup. No returned results.
    Same

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I just googled Remington Shaver and got nothing under Google's shopping results.. Amazon returns buttloads
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There should be anti-Google activism in protest. Something like getting $#@! google to trend on Twitter and Google. Google may block it from Google Trends but at least internally they know it is a problem.

Perhaps I am the one asking the wrong questions? If you were to have absolute power over every person in the world, what methods do you think you would need to establish and maintain that level of power?
    I have a lot of answers to that question but ,my love and respect of humanity keeps me from making a public list that could be used against my fellow man.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have a lot of answers to that question but ,my love and respect of humanity keeps me from making a public list that could be used against my fellow man.
    I have to vote to mention them.

Consider the alternative. People, especially here, may remain unaware of the methods. Those same methods will have already been thought of my the rulers or elite or master manipulators if they have found them to be effective. Thus, the risk is not of furthering the abuses of humanity, that is going to happen one way or the other. The risk is that liberty minded people have no idea of what is coming nor how to defend themselves against those methods. For example, I mention belief money violence constantly to drill it into peoples heads. Merely mentioning those three things should hopefully cause three responses: people at least try to think for themselves, people free themselves of debt to the best of their ability, and are prepared to use violence against oppression in self defense.

With all that having been said, loving something or someone may not be as beneficial to the long term outcome if those you love are not properly prepared for the real dangers of the world. Might this be convincing enough to discuss methods of control and abuse of humanity?
    1776 > 1984

If you search for "DS Arms" Shopping tab, it does come up with some scope parts etc., so their censorship seems to be still Under Construction.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Crap. I fell for it. I googled it and they got me. I took the hit so you don't have to.

Challenge for everyone. Why is Censorship such an important goal of the powers that be? What can they achieve by being able to censor everything they want censored?

I think they're just trying to maintain their credibility and power to influence the masses. A while back when a lot of YouTubers (in the "conspiracy" community) were speaking out about being censored and demonetized, at first I thought they were exaggerating or just being dramatic about nothing. But recently it has become more and more obvious that there is actual silencing going on, and a lot of YouTubers have been talking about it.

A few weeks ago I got a notice from YouTube saying they were demonetizing my channel (because of a change in their policies) and then yesterday I got an email saying that one of my videos was flagged and after review, was taken down. It was a video I posted here a couple times, called Top 7 Signs Of A False Flag. There was nothing in the video that went along with the excuse they gave me for taking it down… So now I'm believing those who have been claiming that YouTube is censoring videos that are exposing the propaganda and lies.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @lilymc - What alternatives to YouTube can you recommend?
    1776 > 1984

In the wake of the Florida school shooting, Google decided to take a stand. The gatekeeper of the Internet decided to filter shopping searches that included the term “gun.” It didn't go so well.
    Early Tuesday morning, Internet shoppers started noticing and documenting the digital gaffes. Users received error notices when they searched for glue guns and water guns, toy guns and airsoft guns, nail guns and nerf guns. The algorithm is apparently so strict that even the color "burgundy" triggered an error because it includes "gun" in the spelling.
    This set off something of a parlor game on social media. Turns out, adults don’t like it when faceless bureaucrats try enforcing arbitrary restrictions — federal, corporate, or otherwise.
    Casey “Stable Genius” Smith found that Google now censors “Laguna Beach."
    Google disables shopping search for any query where the string "gun" appears... even if it's inside a none gun word, such as laGUNa pic.twitter.com/Hk04BUPKGC
    — Casey "Stable Genius" Smith (@x0x0x00x0x0) February 27, 2018
    Technousayt observed that the beloved Tom Cruise film about beach volleyball, “Top Gun,” also could not be found.
    They just did it because earlier no gun related search returned results. Not even Top Gun! pic.twitter.com/RyapqoNZAE
    — sigmasal (@technousayt) February 27, 2018
    KingPrewyoko noticed that a search for American hard-rock super-group Velvet Revolver did not return any results. Neither did searches for the Sex Pistols, the Indianapolis Colts, or the word “trifle."
    Here are three examples of brands affected by the filtering of words related to 'gun' by @Google.

In addition, Google has either not adjusted the filtering for the word 'rifle' or the company really dislikes a certain English dessert. ???? pic.twitter.com/Ru6SJHNhqF
    — ♔ Prewyoko (@KingPrewyoko) February 27, 2018
    The benevolent nanny nerds at Google quickly began cleaning up their mistake. Many of the search terms had been restored by the early evening, but not before an important lesson was learned: Attempts to coddle adults will always backfire.

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/go...rticle/2650230

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the wake of the Florida school shooting, Google decided to take a stand. The gatekeeper of the Internet decided to filter shopping searches that included the term “gun.” It didn't go so well.
    Early Tuesday morning, Internet shoppers started noticing and documenting the digital gaffes. Users received error notices when they searched for glue guns and water guns, toy guns and airsoft guns, nail guns and nerf guns. The algorithm is apparently so strict that even the color "burgundy" triggered an error because it includes "gun" in the spelling.
    This set off something of a parlor game on social media. Turns out, adults don’t like it when faceless bureaucrats try enforcing arbitrary restrictions — federal, corporate, or otherwise.
    Casey “Stable Genius” Smith found that Google now censors “Laguna Beach."
    Google disables shopping search for any query where the string "gun" appears... even if it's inside a none gun word, such as laGUNa pic.twitter.com/Hk04BUPKGC
    — Casey "Stable Genius" Smith (@x0x0x00x0x0) February 27, 2018
    Technousayt observed that the beloved Tom Cruise film about beach volleyball, “Top Gun,” also could not be found.
    They just did it because earlier no gun related search returned results. Not even Top Gun! pic.twitter.com/RyapqoNZAE
    — sigmasal (@technousayt) February 27, 2018
    KingPrewyoko noticed that a search for American hard-rock super-group Velvet Revolver did not return any results. Neither did searches for the Sex Pistols, the Indianapolis Colts, or the word “trifle."
    Here are three examples of brands affected by the filtering of words related to 'gun' by @Google.

In addition, Google has either not adjusted the filtering for the word 'rifle' or the company really dislikes a certain English dessert. ???? pic.twitter.com/Ru6SJHNhqF
    — ♔ Prewyoko (@KingPrewyoko) February 27, 2018
    The benevolent nanny nerds at Google quickly began cleaning up their mistake. Many of the search terms had been restored by the early evening, but not before an important lesson was learned: Attempts to coddle adults will always backfire.

More at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/go...rticle/2650230
    Looks like they are slowing adding things back.

Nerf gun pulls results, so does Guns n' Roses
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

@lilymc - What alternatives to YouTube can you recommend?
    ****Minds.com
    *****Steemit
    ****BitChute
    **BitTube
    Metacafe
    Dailymotion
    Vimeo
    Streambotz
    Last edited by AZJoe; 02-28-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian TV
    Might this be convincing enough to discuss methods of control and abuse of humanity?
    Technology is being used against life stay away from it as much as possible. Use your mind and heart learn the laws of nature. Be good to each other respect life. Stay under the radar as much as possible. Cherish the children realize that your children absorb everything be very careful of what you put in front of them keep them away from public education.