Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So... who has had it?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    One person who I have known all my life died in their 60's, slightly overweight but otherwise healthy. Not someone you'd expect to die from a flu. Became sick, and sicker. Then went on oxygen in the hospital, went into a coma, started to recover and died from an infection. All in all 2 weeks before going to the hospital, then 30 days in the hospital before death.

I also know of a few people who are otherwise very healthy who have had the virus and have had months to recover and get any kind of fitness back. I've seen someone who used to exercise at least an hour or two a day reduced to someone that after recovering from mild symptoms for a week was not able to get up a set of stairs without stopping to take his breath halfway in.

I know of one guy in his early thirties that was hospitalised in the first wave. He was on oxygen for a few days and then released. I have to say, there's a disproportionate number of younger people dying from this than normally in a flu season.. Although I have no statistics to back this up.

And I know of a few people who were old and sick and about to die who ended up as a covid statistic.

These are things that are more frequently seen with this SARS-CoV-2, so that's where I think it's slightly different from other yearly outbreaks of flue and the like. I think it's fair to say that it's not Ebola but it's from the numbers slightly more deadly than a regular flu would be when hospitals can cope. I think that basically shows it's about the same as a regular flu but can have outbreaks that can quickly hospitalise lots of people and that's the only place where it gets dangerous. Especially as regular care might be lowered or stopped completely, which could kill or hurt many more people...

That's my experience, I hope it's interesting.
    Fwiw, take a look at flu strain H3N2. It's a periodic strain but when it hits, it results in higher mortality and more complications for those infected with it. There was even an "official H3N2 pandemic" declared back in 1968. The "covid" situation has tracked H3N2 symptoms and statistics remarkably closely.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Fwiw, take a look at flu strain H3N2. It's a periodic strain but when it hits, it results in higher mortality and more complications for those infected with it. There was even an "official H3N2 pandemic" declared back in 1968. The "covid" situation has tracked H3N2 symptoms and statistics remarkably closely.
    Except it may seem to be a bit more transmissible ?

By the way, how many people do you know who have had it twice already ? I know of two.
    "I am a bird"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Except it may seem to be a bit more transmissible ?

By the way, how many people do you know who have had it twice already ? I know of two.
    That's part of why I'm not buying much of the covid stuff. Don't know anyone that's had it, in the sense of displaying an illness. I only know of one person who tested positive via the crap PCR testing protocol and she had no symptoms and soon after retested negative. Given the known unreliability of PCR testing and the ease of manipulating the results (even according to the PCR inventor, who happened to die a few months before "covid" became a thing), along with the apparent disappearance of all flu strains at the same time, I'm pretty much convinced that "covid" doesn't exist as a stand-alone disease. ymmv

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's part of why I'm not buying much of the covid stuff. Don't know anyone that's had it, in the sense of displaying an illness. I only know of one person who tested positive via the crap PCR testing protocol and she had no symptoms and soon after retested negative. Given the known unreliability of PCR testing and the ease of manipulating the results (even according to the PCR inventor, who happened to die a few months before "covid" became a thing), along with the apparent disappearance of all flu strains at the same time, I'm pretty much convinced that "covid" doesn't exist as a stand-alone disease. ymmv
    Well, people are in general taking more precautions, maybe not everyone but a lot of people are. The masks certainly will not stop everything but they will have more effect than nothing. Cleaning hands more often also helps. So does staying at home when sick... I don't find it too strange that regular flu strains are not highly active at the moment.
    "I am a bird"

Well, people are in general taking more precautions, maybe not everyone but a lot of people are. The masks certainly will not stop everything but they will have more effect than nothing. Cleaning hands more often also helps. So does staying at home when sick... I don't find it too strange that regular flu strains are not highly active at the moment.
    But why wouldn't the same apply to covid? If masking, hand washing and all that can allegedly eliminate common flu strains why didn't it eliminate covid also? I don't see the logic behind believing that common flu strains, which have been around forever, can disappear because of the precautions but a novel flu-like virus that somehow managed to spread across the entire world in a few months didn't also. Particularly since the official numbers show that the USA had, by far, the most claimed infections, yet was also demonstrably the country that followed those precautions the closest. Those precautions eliminated common flus but not covid? Doesn't compute.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-05-2021 at 09:08 AM.

That would be very interesting. How long in between “having it” the first and second time? How was it confirmed?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That would be very interesting. How long in between “having it” the first and second time? How was it confirmed?
    More than 4 months at least and tested by PCR test.
    "I am a bird"

I have a mild headache now. Probably the new strain of covid
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Did they have symptoms both times? How bad?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Did they have symptoms both times? How bad?
    Both times symptoms, is why they got tested. Not very bad, in normal circumstances they would probably have come in to work feeling a bit under.
    "I am a bird"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Both times symptoms, is why they got tested. Not very bad, in normal circumstances they would probably have come in to work feeling a bit under.
    That is interesting. Assuming that the PCR tests were accurate, and they truly had two separate infections, three possibilities come to mind:

1 - it was a mutated strain, that was able to bypass immunity.
    2 - they had the same strain twice, thus throwing everything we know about cold and flu infection and immunity after recovery into doubt, or requiring some major modifications.
    3 - these people have some kind of immune system deficiency.

Options 1 and 2 apply equally to vaccines.

Option 2 can not ignore the unprecedented testing that has happened with COVID. No one gets a test for extremely mild symptoms. Is it possible that this is the case with all colds and flus? Can you catch them twice, with lesser symptoms the second time around because the immune system is primed? Just because a person’s immune system is ready does not prevent the virus from continually attempting to reinfect.

Option 3 would be specific to individuals.

That is interesting. Assuming that the PCR tests were accurate, and they truly had two separate infections, three possibilities come to mind:

1 - it was a mutated strain, that was able to bypass immunity.
    2 - they had the same strain twice, thus throwing everything we know about cold and flu infection and immunity after recovery into doubt, or requiring some major modifications.
    3 - these people have some kind of immune system deficiency.

Options 1 and 2 apply equally to vaccines.

Option 2 can not ignore the unprecedented testing that has happened with COVID. No one gets a test for extremely mild symptoms. Is it possible that this is the case with all colds and flus? Can you catch them twice, with lesser symptoms the second time around because the immune system is primed? Just because a person’s immune system is ready does not prevent the virus from continually attempting to reinfect.

Option 3 would be specific to individuals.
    My guess as an obviously very extremely informed person is that at least one of the PCR tests was a false positive.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You do realize that the PCR test is both useless and pointless..

and that Covid-19 has never been isolated.. (it is a fabricated name)

Do you also realize that it is described as a novel coronavirus,, which is a Cold,, and not Influenza at all.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I did the flatten the curve thing in March 2020. In April 2020, I declared my personal economy "open." There were no mask mandates at the time, but the 6' stuff was there. I told friends and family that I would respect their 6' zone but that anyone was welcome to enter mine for a fist bump, handshake, hug, or whatever. A year later, no mask, no hand sanitizer, just going about life as normally as I can. I've never had it. I know people who have claimed that they did, but I never saw them sick and don't know their details. No one in my (extended) household got it (couple family members were considered part of our household since the start. They're over for dinner several times a week). I live in a small city and I'm out and about almost daily. The 7-11 alone should have exposed me to it by now.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    My guess as an obviously very extremely informed person is that at least one of the PCR tests was a false positive.
    Very likely.

That question becomes even more relevant with all of the fully vaccinated people who receive routine COVID testing (like baseball players) who have tested positive for COVID.

At some point in the future, it may become common knowledge that the only thing that was different with COVID vs. other colds and flus was the unprecedented testing. Never before in history have so many asymptomatic people been tested, or “diagnoses” issued based upon nothing more than an unreliable test.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I did the flatten the curve thing in March 2020. In April 2020, I declared my personal economy "open." There were no mask mandates at the time, but the 6' stuff was there. I told friends and family that I would respect their 6' zone but that anyone was welcome to enter mine for a fist bump, handshake, hug, or whatever. A year later, no mask, no hand sanitizer, just going about life as normally as I can. I've never had it. I know people who have claimed that they did, but I never saw them sick and don't know their details. No one in my (extended) household got it (couple family members were considered part of our household since the start. They're over for dinner several times a week). I live in a small city and I'm out and about almost daily. The 7-11 alone should have exposed me to it by now.
    My story is almost exactly like yours except that I’m in a large city.

"Had It"?

"IT" has never been defined. Never been isolated in a lab.

"It" has been called two distinctly different things..

"It" has been massively overblown in the media.

There is a Non-Vaccine experimental injection being pushed for "It". (no one knows what that is either)

and there is a lot of fear of "It".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    "Had It"?

"It" has been called two distinctly different things..

"It" has been massively overblown in the media.

There is a Non-Vaccine experimental injection being pushed for "It". (no one knows what that is either)

and there is a lot of fear of "It".
    “It” only exists as poorly crafted propaganda. I’ve only heard of friends of neighbors cousins getting “it” and I live in a large city. Our hospitals were never overrun and the funeral pyres have yet to be lit.

I’ve disowned several coworkers and ‘friends’ over their zealous acceptance of “it” as truth and something to be feared. They’re too goddamned stupid to exist in my circle.

Why do you believe this?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Why do you believe this?
    Because it is Was a Lab Produced Product ..a Bio Weapon.

It was produced at expense,,and that investment will be protected.

It is not been isolated.. due to ownership issues..

Now, that aside,,
    It is allegedly a Novel Coronavirus..(a cold) but has been promoted as Influenza,, and said to have flu-like symptoms.

two entirely different things with known remedies..

https://nojabforme.info/?fbclid=IwAR...KRt1KrXUzpB8e8

For clarification purposes in this article, given that the virus has not been isolated and that the symptoms mimic the flu, Covid19 is considered an influenza variant. And, yes, people can die of influenza or the common cold. In fact, lungs of influenza patients can be more damaged than those of Covid patients. And blood clotting is also common in flu patients
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Because it is Was a Lab Produced Product ..a Bio Weapon.

It was produced at expense,,and that investment will be protected.

It is not been isolated.. due to ownership issues..

Now, that aside,,
    It is allegedly a Novel Coronavirus..(a cold) but has been promoted as Influenza,, and said to have flu-like symptoms.

two entirely different things with known remedies..

https://nojabforme.info/?fbclid=IwAR...KRt1KrXUzpB8e8
    Those are a lot of separate claims. Suppose it was a lab produced bio-weapon. That wouldn't prevent it from being isolated. I don't see how "ownership issues" would prevent it from being isolated.

I keep seeing people repeat the claim that it hasn't been isolated. But when I look for the basis of that claim I can't find anything. A simple internet search turns up countless journal articles by scientists writing about isolates of the SARS COV2 virus, describing the methods used to isolate it and documenting it, sometimes with photographs. I can't find anybody interacting with these specific claims and accusing them of being liars, or saying that others tried to reproduce what they had done and disproved it. I can't even find anybody who has any level of expertise in the field who even disputes that the virus has been isolated. The only people I can find who claim that are lay people who are either just repeating it because someone else said it, or who misinterpreted a line in a CDC publication from last summer that I keep seeing quoted as the sole basis for the claim (E.g. I see that your link is another example of this exact same thing). It only takes a little digging into that CDC publication in question and reading that quote in context with some critical thinking to see that using it to support the claim that the SARS COV2 virus has never been isolated is bunk.

I also have never seen any scientists promoting it as influenza. Trump did, as a joke. But that's about as much of an official source for that as I recall ever seeing. And that too is a separate claim from the claim that the virus hasn't been isolated.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-18-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Those are a lot of separate claims. Suppose it was a lab produced bio-weapon. That wouldn't prevent it from being isolated. I don't see how "ownership issues" would prevent it from being isolated.

I keep seeing people repeat the claim that it hasn't been isolated. But when I look for the basis of that claim I can't find anything. A simple internet search turns up countless journal articles by scientists writing about isolates of the SARS COV2 virus, describing the methods used to isolate it and documenting it, sometimes with photographs. I can't find anybody interacting with these specific claims and accusing them of being liars, or saying that others tried to reproduce what they had done and disproved it. I can't even find anybody who has any level of expertise in the field who even disputes that the virus has been isolated. The only people I can find who claim that are lay people who are either just repeating it because someone else said it, or who misinterpreted a line in a CDC publication from last summer that I keep seeing quoted as the sole basis for the claim (E.g. I see that your link is another example of this exact same thing). It only takes a little digging into that CDC publication in question and reading that quote in context with some critical thinking to see that using it to support the claim that the SARS COV2 virus has never been isolated is bunk.

I also have never seen any scientists promoting it as influenza. Trump did, as a joke. But that's about as much of an official source for that as I recall ever seeing. And that too is a separate claim from the claim that the virus hasn't been isolated.
    Show me anywhere,,any published scientific study that has Isolated Covid-19..

Anything other than Media "He said She said".

oh,, and Intellectual Property is an Issue,,for either Profit or Prosecution.

Test Subjects are Genetically Modified.. and become Intelectual Property rather than Natural Persons..
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-18-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Show me anywhere,,any published scientific study that has Isolated Covid-19..

Anything other than Media "He said She said".
    There are plenty. Here are a few that you would have found if you had clicked the link I already provided (a simple duckduckgo search).
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32511316/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32342724/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32080990/
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32237278/
    Ron Paul

Did you ever actually try looking for these yourself prior to asserting that the virus had never been isolated? Because these were easy to find.
    Did you..?
    None of those are Studies,,,as you would know if you read that first word.. Abstract

It is a Supposition..

The first 12 people died in the SAME old Folk home here in Washington State,,
    all had multiple comorbidity issues. Covid is Blamed. rather than simple Malpractice.

Guy falls off a ladder and dies from a Fatal Head Injury.. It's Covid.

My Wife caught a bug just before it all went public,,put her into pneumonia, and was on Oxygen for a while..
    She has recovered...a year ago.

I take it as entirely possible that Mad scientists released a Malicious Bug on Humanity,, but in reality the bug is far less virulent than desired. so they rely on propaganda and Fear to push their Poisons.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-18-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Did you..
    None of those are Studies,,,as you would know if you read that first word.. Abstract

It is a Supposition..
    They are all studies. Those abstracts are abstracts of full articles (i.e. summaries of the articles). That's what an abstract is.

If you click the hypertext of the "PMCID" right above where it says "free PMCID article" it will take you to the full article.

Edit: Never mind. Here. I'll just paste those links.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7239045/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7301718/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7036342/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7228321/

Those are the very same articles that the above abstracts were abstracts for.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-18-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    Ron Paul

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are all studies.
    And you are a FOOL shilling and promoting the Poisoning of Humanity..

WTF is wrong with you?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

And you are a FOOL shilling and promoting the Poisoning of Humanity..

WTF is wrong with you?
    OK. So you just a few minutes ago challenged me to "Show me anywhere,,any published scientific study that has Isolated Covid-19.."

I did exactly that. And it was easy. Anybody who bothered looking would have found those and more.

And now it turns out that it doesn't matter anyway.

I'm not shilling for anyone. I'm just trying to make sure we get our facts straight. No matter what your opinion is about COVID and everything related to it, you should be all for getting the facts straight. That should be something we agree on no matter what.

I never advocated for the vaccine. I never advocated for any of the government responses to COVID--far from it.

But this claim that people keep making that the virus has never been isolated is total bunk. It has no basis whatsoever, and it's easily disproven. People just keep repeating it.

If the truth is that it makes no difference to you whether or not it's ever been isolated, then just say that, instead of saying something you never had any basis for, and then challenging me to produce the evidence, and then getting mad when I provide you with exactly what you challenged me to provide.

Edit: And now I challenge you to produce one single quote from me ever saying anything that promoted "the poisoning of humanity" in any way.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-18-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    Ron Paul

This is where they started calling everything Covid.
    https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...xERT8PBJvHhl8V

A Doctors experience
    https://rumble.com/vdrwjh-doctors-sa...-covid-19.html

Change to death certificates could boost COVID-19 counts
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...covid19-counts
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I did exactly that.
    NO you $#@!ing Did NOT.

You posted a bunch of Government Propaganda none of which provides any actual sample for study..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast