Thread: When is it time to leave America?

Exclamation When is it time to leave America?

When is it time to leave America?

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2021...-leave-america

By Stefan Townes

Published Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm Last updated Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm

It seems pointless to say, but the United States was never a home for Black people. You don't need to hear much about the history of this country to realize that.

From slavery and the Civil War, to segregation and the Civil Rights Movement, and now police brutality and the prison-to-school pipeline, the lives of Black people have always been at risk in this country.

I like many before me have to ask: when is it time to leave the home of the free?

A country, a national identity, is much more than its borders. It's a combination of its peoples, of its ideas and its actions. In the United States, the people are divided. Some of us merely want to live free like their peers, while others would lynch someone just for pleasure.

The ideas of this country are centered around harming others in the name of progress, such as the theft of land from Native Americans or justifying slavery because of economic growth. The actions of the United States include pointless wars, forcing citizens into internment camps and even killing its own citizens.

This country is not just the government making laws, but also the widespread values its citizens harbor. They inform and influence each other, and they always agreed that Blackness was worth less.

It's become obvious, over the span of over 200 years that Black lives are not valued here. In the times of slavery it was clearly more brazen and obviously cruel. It shouldn't need to be said, but no human being should be in chains.

Still, slavery was so paramount to enough people that war broke out over it, and part of the country seceeded to make a country where slavery was legal. Even after rejoining the union, states wouldn't let Black people live free, and the country made them segregate from white folk. This country looked the other way when Black men and women were lynched from the trees, and regularly used any excuse, even fabricated lies, to murder Black people they deemed criminal. It threatened Black leaders and injured protesters demanding equal treatment.

I can't fathom the naivete a person must have to see this history and insist that we have totally solved these issues and the country's problems with race are over.

So why stay here?

(I can think of no good reason. Please go. I will pay you to go. - AF)

I'm not the first person to think of leaving. Plenty of smarter and more educated Black philosophers, writers and artists made their peace and left. James Baldwin and Richard Wright, two of the most respected Black authors, moved to France when fairly young. Wright had enough of the United States by the 1946 and Baldwin by the 1948. Famous movie star and activist Josephine Baker and the singer turned activist Nina Simone both did the same, in the 1925 and 1970s respectively.

These people knew much more than I ever could about the atrocities in this country. Across all of American history, people have left. Even now, more and more people my age are emigrating to find a better place to live. Why do I hesitate?

Well, it feels like an injustice to leave.

Even though people have been repeating the adage "If you don't like it here, then leave," it still feels wrong. I have no loyalty to this country, but I have loyalty to those who fought and died for my right to even write this down. They couldn't have known where I would end up, but they were willing to face the worst horrors of this country to ensure I could be more free than they were.

But that wasn’t enough. Their deaths, injuries, servitude and all of their sacrifices weren't enough to make this country a home.

It's an unfair situation — it's not that they didn't do enough, but rather that this country is too powerful an enemy.

I can't and don't blame my cultural ancestors for doing their absolute best, for putting their lives on the line, but this country is still not a home for Black people. It may be hard to find a home anywhere on this planet, but if it does exist, it's not in the United States of America.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not usually in favor of spending OPM, but I'd support a reparations bill that bought any POC a first-class ticket back to their country of origin, as long as they promise not to come back.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What's really $#@!ing funny about all of this, is that racism was basically nonexistent 5 years ago. But this BLM / entitlement / riot / hypocrisy bull$#@! over the past few years is just creating new racists where previously there were none.

I'll be the first to admit I am racist as $#@!. Didn't used to be.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

but this country is still not a home for Black people
    It's because Black people have treated this country like a sewer to $#@! and scavenge from. If they treated it like a home, they wouldn't be stabbing each other in record numbers, burning $#@! down, basing their entire culture around prison life, gangs, etc.
    - Kim Kardashian

Dying of AIDS or malaria by age 50 in Africa while living on $1500 a year with statistical likelihood of not having indoor plumbing seems like home. /S

My mom always sends me $#@! on old descendants and I don't care. I accept no unearned guilt or accomplishments from people before me.

I am however thankful for the founding ideals of America because they are morally superior to anything that has existed in human history. America is meant to be a a collection of individuals free to pursue their own interests not a collection of tribes.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 04-29-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Dying of AIDS or malaria by age 50 in Africa while living on $1500 a year with statistical likelihood of not having indoor plumbing seems like home.

My mom always sends me $#@! on old descendants and I don't care. I accept no unearned guilt or accomplishments from people before me.

I am however thankful for the founding ideals of America because they are morally superior to anything that has existed in human history.
    I wish my great great great slave owning grandfathers would have had the wisdom to look at the disaster that is Africa and be like "nope nope nope, I don't want any part of that".
    - Kim Kardashian

Sounds like Mr.Townes would like special treatment because of the color of his skin.......

Well $#@! him!

And $#@! the horse he rode in on.

Take your entitled ass anywhere but around me.

Liberia. Set up so your exceptional Black ass can lord it over other Blacks. Seems perfect. Get the $#@! out and I'll help with the ticket.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My mom always sends me $#@! on old descendants and I don't care. .
    Knowing your ancestry is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Knowing your ancestry is a good thing.

Why? I don't care even a little bit. The actions of relatives and descendants are not a reflection on me good or bad. If you have children I certainly understand having an interest in their life because you have some influence on how they turn out and it is a reflection on you. But outside of that I have no interest in anyone's history who I have never met or people I see once every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    What's really $#@!ing funny about all of this, is that racism was basically nonexistent 5 years ago. But this BLM / entitlement / riot / hypocrisy bull$#@! over the past few years is just creating new racists where previously there were none.

I'll be the first to admit I am racist as $#@!. Didn't used to be.
    Racism has gained new life and strength under obama and biden . It was not an accident .
    Do something Danke

Why? I don't care even a little bit. The actions of relatives and descendants are not a reflection on me good or bad. If you have children I certainly understand having an interest in their life because you have some influence on how they turn out and it is a reflection on you. But outside of that I have no interest in anyone's history who I have never met or people I see once every few years.
    Maybe someday you'll appreciate your family, family isn't even a little bit about how they affect you or the effects you have on them, family is about roots not self-centeredness. Many health issues are hereditary, breeding with common bloodlines is never advised so there's that to think of, then when things get rough it's good to have a tight-knit family that'll pull together to get through...That's some of what family is, caring/helping etc...With an attitude like you've expressed it's possible you'll never know family no matter how hard your mother pushes. Thing is the only ones you'll hurt with your attitude are your family.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Maybe someday you'll appreciate your family, family isn't even a little bit about how they affect you or the effects you have on them, family is about roots not self-centeredness. Many health issues are hereditary, breeding with common bloodlines is never advised so there's that to think of, then when things get rough it's good to have a tight-knit family that'll pull together to get through...That's some of what family is, caring/helping etc...With an attitude like you've expressed it's possible you'll never know family no matter how hard your mother pushes. Thing is the only ones you'll hurt with your attitude are your family.

Pretty sure the people she is talking about have been dead for 150 years. I'll have to live with that anguish. And I'll take my chances of not inbreeding.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Racism has gained new life and strength under obama and biden . It was not an accident .
    I'm beginning to understand that old people are racist because they have lived a long time. Older I get lol
    - Kim Kardashian

Towns should have done everyone a favor and left this country a long time ago . He'd get better stuff to write about somewhere else . Nobody cares here about that dumb $#@! .
    Do something Danke

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We must rectify slavery by sending them all back to where they would have been born if the slaves were never brought here.

We can trade them to South Africa for the Boers if there are any left alive.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We must rectify slavery by sending them all back to where they would have been born if the slaves were never brought here.

We can trade them to South Africa for the Boers if there are any left alive.
    Yes, it's time to return them. I want a refund on the purchase price

Products were defective
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    When is it time to leave America?

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2021...-leave-america

By Stefan Townes

Published Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm Last updated Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm

It seems pointless to say, but the United States was never a home for Black people. You don't need to hear much about the history of this country to realize that.

From slavery and the Civil War, to segregation and the Civil Rights Movement, and now police brutality and the prison-to-school pipeline, the lives of Black people have always been at risk in this country.

I like many before me have to ask: when is it time to leave the home of the free?

A country, a national identity, is much more than its borders. It's a combination of its peoples, of its ideas and its actions. In the United States, the people are divided. Some of us merely want to live free like their peers, while others would lynch someone just for pleasure.

The ideas of this country are centered around harming others in the name of progress, such as the theft of land from Native Americans or justifying slavery because of economic growth. The actions of the United States include pointless wars, forcing citizens into internment camps and even killing its own citizens.

This country is not just the government making laws, but also the widespread values its citizens harbor. They inform and influence each other, and they always agreed that Blackness was worth less.

It's become obvious, over the span of over 200 years that Black lives are not valued here. In the times of slavery it was clearly more brazen and obviously cruel. It shouldn't need to be said, but no human being should be in chains.

Still, slavery was so paramount to enough people that war broke out over it, and part of the country seceeded to make a country where slavery was legal. Even after rejoining the union, states wouldn't let Black people live free, and the country made them segregate from white folk. This country looked the other way when Black men and women were lynched from the trees, and regularly used any excuse, even fabricated lies, to murder Black people they deemed criminal. It threatened Black leaders and injured protesters demanding equal treatment.

I can't fathom the naivete a person must have to see this history and insist that we have totally solved these issues and the country's problems with race are over.

So why stay here?

(I can think of no good reason. Please go. I will pay you to go. - AF)

I'm not the first person to think of leaving. Plenty of smarter and more educated Black philosophers, writers and artists made their peace and left. James Baldwin and Richard Wright, two of the most respected Black authors, moved to France when fairly young. Wright had enough of the United States by the 1946 and Baldwin by the 1948. Famous movie star and activist Josephine Baker and the singer turned activist Nina Simone both did the same, in the 1925 and 1970s respectively.

These people knew much more than I ever could about the atrocities in this country. Across all of American history, people have left. Even now, more and more people my age are emigrating to find a better place to live. Why do I hesitate?

Well, it feels like an injustice to leave.

Even though people have been repeating the adage "If you don't like it here, then leave," it still feels wrong. I have no loyalty to this country, but I have loyalty to those who fought and died for my right to even write this down. They couldn't have known where I would end up, but they were willing to face the worst horrors of this country to ensure I could be more free than they were.

But that wasn’t enough. Their deaths, injuries, servitude and all of their sacrifices weren't enough to make this country a home.

It's an unfair situation — it's not that they didn't do enough, but rather that this country is too powerful an enemy.

I can't and don't blame my cultural ancestors for doing their absolute best, for putting their lives on the line, but this country is still not a home for Black people. It may be hard to find a home anywhere on this planet, but if it does exist, it's not in the United States of America.
    This is just crazy. There is no place in the world where Black people have a greater chance for success and a higher standard of living than the United States. It just doesn't exist. As much as the left tries to get Blacks adopt this victim mentality, it completely falls apart under even the least amount of scrutiny. The larger issue is that our education system doesn't teach how to scrutinize.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-30-2021 at 06:07 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is just crazy. There is no place in the world where Black people have a greater chance for success and a higher standard of living than the United States. It just doesn't exist. As much as the left tries to get Blacks adopt this victim mentality, it completely falls apart under even the least amount of scrutiny. The larger issue is that our education system doesn't teach how to scrutinize.
    There's basically two types of blacks, the white blacks who have integrated into society, and the black blacks who glorify drugs, violence, & rap music.

There's nothing stopping a black black from becoming a white black. They just don't want to. They think they should be allowed to live a culture of violence and get paid to do so.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I wish my great great great slave owning grandfathers would have had the wisdom to look at the disaster that is Africa and be like "nope nope nope, I don't want any part of that".

As long as we are wishing, a time machine and tractor blueprints...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.