Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IL-Man gets dragged off and bloodied for refusing to give up seat on United flight

Exclamation IL-Man gets dragged off and bloodied for refusing to give up seat on United flight

Just prison with wings.

If I had to venture a guess, he caught a beating from the cops (rent a cops?) before being returned.

Do Not Fly if you can avoid it all...it is a humiliating, creepy, lousy experience.

Video shows man forcibly removed from United flight from Chicago to Louisville

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...lle/100274374/

Lucas Aulbach , The Courier-Journal Published 12:17 a.m. ET April 10, 2017

A video posted on Facebook late Sunday evening shows a passenger on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Louisville being forcibly removed from the plane before takeoff at O’Hare International Airport.

The video, posted by Audra D. Bridges at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is taken from an aisle seat on a commercial airplane that appears to be preparing to take flight. The 31-second clip shows three men wearing radio equipment and security jackets speaking with a man seated on the plane. After a few seconds, one of the men grabs the passenger, who screams, and drags him by his arms toward the front of the plane. The video ends before anything else is shown.

A United spokesperson confirmed in an email Sunday night that a passenger had been taken off a flight in Chicago.

"Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked," the spokesperson said. "After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.

"We apologize for the overbook situation. Further details on the removed customer should be directed to authorities."

Bridges, a Louisville resident, gave her account of the flight Sunday night.

Passengers were told at the gate that the flight was overbooked and United, offering $400 and a hotel stay, was looking for one volunteer to take another flight to Louisville at 3 p.m. Monday. Passengers were allowed to board the flight, Bridges said, and once the flight was filled those on the plane were told that four people needed to give up their seats to stand-by United employees that needed to be in Louisville on Monday for a flight. Passengers were told that the flight would not take off until the United crew had seats, Bridges said, and the offer was increased to $800, but no one volunteered.

Then, she said, a manager came aboard the plane and said a computer would select four people to be taken off the flight. One couple was selected first and left the airplane, she said, before the man in the video was confronted.

Bridges said the man became "very upset" and said that he was a doctor who needed to see patients at a hospital in the morning. The manager told him that security would be called if he did not leave willingly, Bridges said, and the man said he was calling his lawyer. One security official came and spoke with him, and then another security officer came when he still refused. Then, she said, a third security official came on the plane and threw the passenger against the armrest before dragging him out of the plane.

The man was able to get back on the plane after initially being taken off – his face was bloody and he seemed disoriented, Bridges said, and he ran to the back of the plane. Passengers asked to get off the plane as a medical crew came on to deal with the passenger, she said, and passengers were then told to go back to the gate so that officials could "tidy up" the plane before taking off.

Bridges said the man shown in the video was the only person who was forcibly removed.

"Everyone was shocked and appalled," Bridges said. "There were several children on the flight as well that were very upset."

The flight was delayed around two hours before it could fly to Louisville, and it arrived in Kentucky later Sunday night. No update was given to the passengers about the condition of the man forcibly removed, Bridges said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just prison with wings.

If I had to venture a guess, he caught a beating from the cops (rent a cops?) before being returned.

Do Not Fly if you can avoid it all...it is a humiliating, creepy, lousy experience.

Video shows man forcibly removed from United flight from Chicago to Louisville

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...lle/100274374/

Lucas Aulbach , The Courier-Journal Published 12:17 a.m. ET April 10, 2017

A video posted on Facebook late Sunday evening shows a passenger on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Louisville being forcibly removed from the plane before takeoff at O’Hare International Airport.

The video, posted by Audra D. Bridges at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is taken from an aisle seat on a commercial airplane that appears to be preparing to take flight. The 31-second clip shows three men wearing radio equipment and security jackets speaking with a man seated on the plane. After a few seconds, one of the men grabs the passenger, who screams, and drags him by his arms toward the front of the plane. The video ends before anything else is shown.

A United spokesperson confirmed in an email Sunday night that a passenger had been taken off a flight in Chicago.

"Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked," the spokesperson said. "After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.

"We apologize for the overbook situation. Further details on the removed customer should be directed to authorities."

Bridges, a Louisville resident, gave her account of the flight Sunday night.

Passengers were told at the gate that the flight was overbooked and United, offering $400 and a hotel stay, was looking for one volunteer to take another flight to Louisville at 3 p.m. Monday. Passengers were allowed to board the flight, Bridges said, and once the flight was filled those on the plane were told that four people needed to give up their seats to stand-by United employees that needed to be in Louisville on Monday for a flight. Passengers were told that the flight would not take off until the United crew had seats, Bridges said, and the offer was increased to $800, but no one volunteered.

Then, she said, a manager came aboard the plane and said a computer would select four people to be taken off the flight. One couple was selected first and left the airplane, she said, before the man in the video was confronted.

Bridges said the man became "very upset" and said that he was a doctor who needed to see patients at a hospital in the morning. The manager told him that security would be called if he did not leave willingly, Bridges said, and the man said he was calling his lawyer. One security official came and spoke with him, and then another security officer came when he still refused. Then, she said, a third security official came on the plane and threw the passenger against the armrest before dragging him out of the plane.

The man was able to get back on the plane after initially being taken off – his face was bloody and he seemed disoriented, Bridges said, and he ran to the back of the plane. Passengers asked to get off the plane as a medical crew came on to deal with the passenger, she said, and passengers were then told to go back to the gate so that officials could "tidy up" the plane before taking off.

Bridges said the man shown in the video was the only person who was forcibly removed.

"Everyone was shocked and appalled," Bridges said. "There were several children on the flight as well that were very upset."

The flight was delayed around two hours before it could fly to Louisville, and it arrived in Kentucky later Sunday night. No update was given to the passengers about the condition of the man forcibly removed, Bridges said.
    So much for "Fly the Friendly Skies."

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So much for "Fly the Friendly Skies."
    Pffft...I flew the old Continental for years and then United when they merged, have been using JetBlue some here recently, but for US travel, it's all the same, flying is like dealing with cops or the IRS.

Sit Down, Shut Up, Say Nothing, Do Nothing and get it over with as quickly as possible.

You know, like what they used to tell women getting raped years ago...

Only on a few high end foreign fleets is the experience better.

Holy hell thats insane. If I was that doctor I'd be planning my early retirement.
    No - No - No - No

whomever over booked the plane should be fired on the grounds that he/she can't count
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    whomever over booked the plane should be fired on the grounds that he/she can't count
    They will probably get promoted.

They overbook by design. Usually a no show or 2 means there are no issues.
    No - No - No - No

The rent a cops obviously gave this guy a tune-up out in the jetway where no one could see.

He was wise to have slipped free and gone back to the airplane where witnesses could see his injuries.

The bad part is that the airline will cover their ass by making the complaint that he didn't comply with crewmember instructions.....

.........a felony.

His only salvation might be that he may have never been instructed to simon-says "get up" by a flight attendant or pilot.

But he will certainly be charged with trespassing and assault for whatever the goon squad claim what happened out of view.

This whole thing was absolutely unnecessary.

Unless things have changed since my old days, there is a well-known order to determine who comes off of an airplane in an overbooked situation.

The order is very common sense. First the free riders, then the reduced-fare employee/family pass travelers. That usually takes care of the problem, but if it doesn't, they try to bully the last checked in positive-space fare passenger to get off. If they protest, the agents know that it looks bad and the airline reputation takes a hit, so they back off and go to the tried and true method of offering cash to get off and take a later flight. They start out small, and it is not worth it to most people to take a later flight for $50 or a free round trip for a future flight. It is definitely not worth spending the night in a crap hotel in the event that this is the last flight of the night. So the price goes up until someone bites. Evidently, new policy must cap the offer to $800. That means nothing to the full-fare business traveler like this man, who evidently is a physician. Back in the old days, I've seen agents offer up to a couple of thousand dollars to get off, because everyone has a price, and the free market solves these things the best.

The thing that I find the most curious is why they needed his seat. They obviously needed his seat to give to someone else, unless the unlikely case that the aircraft was weight limited and they needed to remove bodies. This is highly unlikely in this type of equipment on that length of a flight. He was obviously a full-fare positive-space passenger because they were looking for volunteers.

If "murikans were smarter, this would be the kiss of death for an airline's reputation. However, Boobus knows how important it is for the airline and the enforcers to keep everything in order.

In a just world, United and the cops would pay a multi-million dollar judgement to this man.

But he will probably be lucky to fend off a prison sentence and keep his professional license.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    The thing that I find the most curious is why they needed his seat. They obviously needed his seat to give to someone else, unless the unlikely case that the aircraft was weight limited and they needed to remove bodies. This is highly unlikely in this type of equipment on that length of a flight. He was obviously a full-fare positive-space passenger because they were looking for volunteers.
    Dead heading crew:

once the flight was filled those on the plane were told that four people needed to give up their seats to stand-by United employees that needed to be in Louisville on Monday for a flight

Surf's right...the airlines overbook as a matter of policy, they always assume a 1-2 percent "no show" of booked passengers.

If "murikans were smarter, this would be the kiss of death for an airline's reputation. However, Boobus knows how important it is for the airline and the enforcers to keep everything in order.
    On other forums I've mostly seen the Boobuses cheering on the enforcers -- i.e., he did this to himself, by failing to comply ("if the cops have to remove you from a plane, an ass whoopin' is comin' along with that!") ....

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    On other forums I've mostly seen the Boobuses cheering on the enforcers -- i.e., he did this to himself, by failing to comply ("if the cops have to remove you from a plane, an ass whoopin' is comin' along with that!") ....
    Of course they are.

AmeriKunts love them a good cop ass whoopin.

Dead heading crew:
    The two versions I read did not have that tidbit.

I worked for a former "major" airline that would have never let it go this far.

Our company owned a jet charter company, and would have made the choice of sending the Lear to pick up the crew or find another crew from somewhere else. No brainer vs kicking off full fare business travelers.

Upping the $$$ to find a volunteer is still the best policy even if it goes up to several thousand dollars.

But as you pointed out, the airlines now have an imperious attitude toward their customers subjects. They are emboldened with the federal codes and muscle behind their arbitrary authority.

Because United EMPLOYEES needed the seats.

once the flight was filled those on the plane were told that four people needed to give up their seats to stand-by United employees that needed to be in Louisville on Monday for a flight
    I hope he sues the $#@! out of them.

Edit: NVM, covered by AF.

The two versions I read did not have that tidbit.
    Pulled it right from my OP

I worked for a former "major" airline that would have never let it go this far.

Our company owned a jet charter company, and would have made the choice of sending the Lear to pick up the crew or find another crew from somewhere else. No brainer vs kicking off full fare business travelers.

Upping the $$$ to find a volunteer is still the best policy even if it goes up to several thousand dollars.

But as you pointed out, the airlines now have an imperious attitude toward their customers subjects. They are emboldened with the federal codes and muscle behind their arbitrary authority.
    Yeah, there is no "customer service" anymore, let alone "the customer is always right".

You are barely tolerated cattle, to be shuffled around as quickly as possible to maximize every flight mile.

This was very noticeable before and after 9/11.

Complain or bitch about service or quality of the product, as is your right as a paying customer, or bitch about the sordid abuse at the hands of the government gate rapists, as is your right as a free man, and you'll get cops sicced on you in a heartbeat, who we all know, in any situation, are more than happy to administer a good beating to let you know just who the $#@!ing boss is on this heah plantation.

Avoid flying at all costs.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-10-2017 at 10:42 AM.

1. vouchers are useless, give the guy cash. $1,000 is fair for the inconvenience.

2. Selecting people randomly to give them the heave-ho does not make them "volunteers".

3. Sending in goons to rough someone up is something the mafia would do, not an Airline.

4. United is lucky he wasn't black.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Close your eyes and think of America"

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    1. vouchers are useless, give the guy cash. $1,000 is fair for the inconvenience.

2. Selecting people randomly to give them the heave-ho does not make them "volunteers".

3. Sending in goons to rough someone up is something the mafia would do, not an Airline.

4. United is lucky he wasn't black.
    Thread winner!

On other forums I've mostly seen the Boobuses cheering on the enforcers --...

I can't stand those petty people. Some need the holy f*ck beat out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Is the 800 cash or voucher ? If I needed to see patients and was a witch Dr I may take it in cash and rent a car and drive the 7 hours as soon as possible and call ahead about when I might arrive. If it was a voucher and a hotel that is a serious ripoff because a medical professional is probably only going to take one vacation per yr . He is going to sue these stupid bastards now .
    Do something Danke

AF is right , only US flights are like this , the rest are better . america is just not going to be Great.
    Do something Danke

In case anyone is curious , Chicago was never , ever Great.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Holy hell thats insane. If I was that doctor I'd be planning my early retirement.
    Not so fast. These sort of rules are written in the long agreements contracts you signed when you buy your tickets. I used to get discounted tickets from a friend who retired from Delta and one time I was asked to come out after taking my seat. Normally, I get notified about the overbooking before I took my seat.
    Last edited by juleswin; 04-10-2017 at 12:06 PM.

New info.....

This was a United codeshare flight with Republic Airlines.

United sucks, like all airlines, but the codeshare airlines are even a lower form of suck.

Of note: Republic Airlines is either in bankruptcy or freshly emerged from bankruptcy.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why didn't they up the offer to something like $10,000? Would be cheaper than a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    United is lucky he wasn't black.
    More news.....

From this article:

“He says, ‘Nope. I’m not getting off the flight. I’m a doctor and have to see patients tomorrow morning,’” Bridges said.

The man became angry as the manager persisted, Bridges said, eventually yelling. “He said, more or less, ‘I’m being selected because I’m Chinese.’”

washingtonpost.com
    A man wouldn’t leave an overbooked United flight. So he was dragged off, battered and limp.
    By Avi Selk

United Airlines said a man wouldn't give up his spot on an overbooked flight. According to witnesses, he was pulled screaming from his seat by security and back to the terminal at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. (Tyler Bridges)

United Airlines said a man wouldn’t give up his spot on an overbooked flight. According to witnesses, he was pulled screaming from his seat by security and back to the terminal at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. United Airlines said a man wouldn’t give up his spot on an overbooked flight. According to witnesses, he was pulled screaming from his seat by security and back to the terminal at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. (Tyler Bridges)

United Airlines says a man wouldn’t give up his spot on an overbooked flight Sunday.

So, according to witnesses and videos of the incident, he was pulled screaming from his seat by security, knocked against an arm rest and dragged down the aisle and back to the terminal at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.

United refused to answer questions about the incident, which horrified other passengers on the Louisville-bound flight. An airline spokesman only apologized for the overbooked flight, and said police were called after a passenger “refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily.”

What happened was captured on cellphone video by at least two passengers.

Tyler Bridges recalled trouble starting almost as soon as he and his wife boarded.

An airline supervisor walked onto the plane and brusquely announced: “We have United employees that need to fly to Louisville tonight. … This flight’s not leaving until four people get off.”

“That rubbed some people the wrong way,” Bridges said.

Passengers were offered vouchers to rebook, he said, but no one volunteered.

So the airline chose for them.

A young couple was told to leave first, Bridges recalled. “They begrudgingly got up and left,” he said.

Then an older man, who refused.

“He says, ‘Nope. I’m not getting off the flight. I’m a doctor and have to see patients tomorrow morning,’” Bridges said.

The man became angry as the manager persisted, Bridges said, eventually yelling. “He said, more or less, ‘I’m being selected because I’m Chinese.’”

A police officer boarded. Then a second and a third.

Bridges then began recording, as did another passenger — as the officers leaned over the man, a lone holdout in his window seat.

“Can’t they rent a car for the pilots?” another passenger asks in the videos.

Then the man, out of frame, screams.

One of the officers quickly reaches across two empty seats, snatches the man and pulls him into the aisle.

“My God!” someone yells — not for the first time.

He goes limp after hitting the floor.

“It looked like it knocked him out,” Bridges said. “His nose was bloody.”

His glasses nearly knocked off his face, the man clutches his cellphone as one of the officers pulls him by both arms down the aisle and off the plane.

“This is horrible,” someone says.

“What are you doing? No! This is wrong.”

And with that, Bridges said, four United employees boarded and took the empty seats.

They were not popular among the passengers, he recalled.

“People were saying you should be ashamed to work for this company,” Bridges said.

And it wasn’t over.

In another video, the man runs back onto the plane, his clothes still mussed from his forcible ejection, frantically repeating: “I have to go home. I have to go home.”

“He was kind of dazed and confused,” Bridges said. He recalled a group of high school students leaving the plane in disgust at that point, their adult escort explaining to other passengers: “They don’t need to see this anymore.”

The airline eventually cleared everyone from the plane, Bridges said, and did not let them back on until the man was removed a second time — in a stretcher.

In the end, Bridges and his wife got to Louisville about three hours late.

“It was a pretty tense flight,” he said.

United Chief Oscar Munoz later tweeted that everyone at the airline was upset about the incident.

Munoz, by the way, is slated to be honored as tonight as “Communicator of the Year” by PRWeek.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 04-10-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Looking on the United Airlines Facebook page I now see many angry comments, but all are directed at the airline. The airline didn't force the police to commit assault and battery on the passenger.

It's something that was really a civil / contract law matter, and the police should have refused to take part in it (of course, they're never going to turn down the opportunity to escalate something).
    Last edited by SeanTX; 04-10-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Looking on the United Airlines Facebook page I now see many angry comments, but all are directed at the airline. The airline didn't force the police to commit assault and battery on the passenger.

It's something that was really a civil / contract law matter, and the police should have refused to take part in it.
    Can anybody confirm that they were in fact cops, and not rent a cops?

New Ad Campaign

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Can anybody confirm that they were in fact cops, and not rent a cops?
    The Chicago Department of Aviation, meanwhile, says the actions of the security officers was "not condoned by the Department," and that one individual has been placed on leave pending a review.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ompting-outcry
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast