Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy parents

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Don't listen to most of this advice. It might be best to move out if possible, but that's easier said than done in today's day and age, especially if you live in a place where the cost of living is high. I grew up in the Bay Area, and the vast majority of millenials I know live at home, and the vast majority of them are college graduates. It's a similar thing here in LA, but not to quite the same extent.

Anyway, you need to learn how to deal with your mom. Not only is it a very important relationship, but dealing with your mother will be the template for how you deal with all women in life.

Here's a secret about women: they (the vast majority of them, at least) don't form their opinions on facts, evidence, logic or any of those things. Women's opinions are formed due to social proof and peer-pressure. That's why there're so many ultra-leftist women in college. If men collectively got their balls back, feminism could die within a generation or two.

Another secret is that women generally tend to gravitate toward the opinions of the men in their lives. That's often a boyfriend or husband, but it could just as easily be a son. My mother isn't someone I'd describe as an SJW, but she is a former hippy, a second wave feminist, and a liberal. Over the years from talking to me, she's come around to a much more libertarian position and is more-or-less similar to somebody like Christina Hoff-Summers. She still identifies with the left and is perplexed by some of my more extreme opinions, but we get along great and politics doesn't get in the way, though we do discuss it pretty frequently.

Basically, what I'm saying, is that you should just get used to confidently defending your opinions around her. Learn to make your arguments more grounded in pathos and ethos, as opposed to logos (this can be very difficult for libertarians). You might be surprised at just how much she comes around.
    Yeah, I'm glad womenfolk like Rose Wilder and Ayn Rand just followed what the menfolk were saying back in the day, and sat back idle as the menfolk started and influenced the libertarian movement. Logic, evidence, and facts were just too intense for their delicate female brains.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad womenfolk like Rose Wilder and Ayn Rand just followed what the menfolk were saying back in the day, and sat back idle as the menfolk started and influenced the libertarian movement. Logic, evidence, and facts were just too intense for their delicate female brains.
    You haven't been around much so maybe you haven't heard; but we don't go for all that hippie libertarian stuff around these parts anymore. This board is for us alt-right fascists now. So yeah, women probably influenced the libertarian movement; that's probably why it sucks.

I'm sure he'll be along to mansplain it to you.
    "The Patriarch"

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm looking forward to ignoring it.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 12:40 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    As only he understands...because my pretty little head just can't.
    Ok, that made me laugh out loud.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Yup. They make their kids buy their own lunch. They provide a bowl of cereal for breakfast and dinner. No allowance. No money for field trips. No money for camp. No rides. Daily reminders that everything that's wrong with America is due to whitey (she married an immigrant so she's not white anymore I guess.) Your privileged (white) friends aren't allowed over unless they help around the house (wtf?) You're in trouble if you don't go to this gay pride parade with me
    Sounds like good material for Dr Phil/Winfrey/Springer. Turn your lemons into an all expenses paid trip to Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    I thought libertarians were smart enough not to assume things about a situation like this.

Well, I'm not judging you, but Philly might read you the riot act.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Tell ya what, let's stage an experiment. Anyone can participate, but I implore the kid who created the topic to do so. For one month, treat women as though what I'm saying is true, barring the occasional exception, of course. Then for a month, treat women like they're a bunch of Ayn Rands in waiting, again barring exceptions. Let's see which method gets better results when it comes to dating, socializing, and convincing women of things.

This is why the women who try to brush off these observations always lose; men can prove these things to ourselves very easily.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Poor Originalist. Went from consistently +repping some of my most right wing opinions, to using the term "mansplain". Quite the fall from grace. The struggle against TDS is real.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Tell ya what, let's stage an experiment. Anyone can participate, but I implore the kid who created the topic to do so. For one month, treat women as though what I'm saying is true, barring the occasional exception, of course. Then for a month, treat women like they're a bunch of Ayn Rands in waiting, again barring exceptions. Let's see which method gets better results when it comes to dating, socializing, and convincing women of things.

This is why the women who try to brush off these observations always lose; men can prove these things to ourselves very easily.
    I'll play. You talk to women your way, I'll talk to them my way and we'll see who gets more panties. And Granny panties don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    There are a lot of great people here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    LOL
    We need to be nice to Danke, at least until we get the lottery results...
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

There are a lot of great people here.
    Yes, yes, and all very humble about it. (she's thinking about running for a position)

On Topic-

Relationships are icky, but relationships are also a sick rush.

Put peace before security, and you'll get both in great measures. smeasure. measure. Got peace with mom?

You're on RPFs, what are you afraid of?

Sincerely trying to understand my mom was one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Seriously, like top 5. *hint*

Your forum uncles give a damn about you and your family -that's why they're irritated.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 07-11-2016 at 06:46 AM. Reason: y not
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Poor Originalist. Went from consistently +repping some of my most right wing opinions, to using the term "mansplain". Quite the fall from grace. The struggle against TDS is real.
    Don't worry about me sonny, I'm quite immune to it. Just a lifetime of seeing cons in action I guess, you on the other hand seem to have a severe case of it.
    "The Patriarch"

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't worry about me sonny, I'm quite immune to it. Just a lifetime of seeing cons in action I guess, you on the other hand seem to have a severe case of it.
    Where's grumpy cat or rat cat?

here's a gun cat...

Where's grumpy cat or rat cat?

here's a gun cat...

I'll save that, might need it one of these days.
    "The Patriarch"

I'll save that, might need it one of these days.

Lol, out of rep.
    "The Patriarch"

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 12:41 PM.

I'm betting on you.
    I'll beat him easily. One night of flirting at the lesbian bar in a slutty dress and I'll need a truck to haul home all the panties I collect. Plus, now that I'm a shameless politician, I'll need a good sex scandal.

//

//

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With his attitude, I don't think he could pick up a woman even if he was the last man on earth. I'd rather be alone than listen to Neanderthal bs for the rest of my life.
    I think we need a poll. TPL should give us his best pick up lines and we can rate them.

Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?

I think we need a poll. TPL should give us his best pick up lines and we can rate them.
    One of my favorites: "Do you work at Subway? 'Cause you just gave me a foot-long."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

We need to be nice to Danke, at least until we get the lottery results...
    I am pretty confident he is holding out on us anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Better walk by again just to make sure.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Not bad, Shiff...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    One of my favorites: "Do you work at Subway? 'Cause you just gave me a foot-long."
    Not a good one. Subway's meat is of inferior quality and their bread is made of yoga mat material. Honestly, your pick up line reminded me of a toy I have at home that never lets me down (because of the rubber in the bun and it's probably closer to 12" than you are) but I would let you pay for my drinks and give you a fake number.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am pretty confident he is holding out on us anyway .
    Better be safe than sorry. I have my eye on a cute bag and I imagine your liquor cabinet could stand to be replenished since your retirement.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast