Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Judge Roy Moore leads competitors in runoff

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The campaign is challenging Allred to allow a professional to examine the signature.
    I am anxiously awaiting our usual contributors to make a "Libertarian Case For Not Allowing Judge Moore to Examine the Yearbook" thread.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I am anxiously awaiting our usual contributors to make a "Libertarian Case For Not Allowing Judge Moore to Examine the Yearbook" thread.
    NO NO NO, Moore signed it wrong in anticipation of needing to deny it silly, it will be proven authentic.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Rand hasn't withdrawn his endorsement, but he also hasn't commented.

He certainly hasn't given any indication of continued support for Moore.

..mind you he's been away for over a week with broken ribs, just got back to town Monday.
    At this point I don't think he should. There is nothing proven, all "he said/she said" driven by a WAPO article. If his assistant really did initial "DA", after his signature and they can attest to it or prove it, then the signature is a forgery. Done deal. If Moore wins he will remember Rand was the only one that didn't call for him to get out.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-15-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Neither are "my man." Brooks was the only good pick of the three, but obviously what he's selling isn't what Alabama is looking for.

If I were voting in that election, I'd sit it out. I have a particular dislike for hypocritical holier-than-thou types equaled only by my dislike for chickenhawks.
    Fair, honest, and well-reasoned.

Personally, I would vote for Moore just to spite those rallied against him.

At this point, it would appear if he makes it, he will be indebted to a certain senator from Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Doesn't really matter at this point. The revelation he was the Judge in her divorce and that his assistant signed her own initials (D.A) after his orders in that case pretty much wrap this thing up. That was one thing that always stood out to me because never in my life had I known a District Attorney to use D.A as a post-nominal. This explains it, and explains it in a way that pretty much proves Allred and the Accuser faked the Yearbook, and if they faked the Yearbook the story is false. Moore just won the election.

Irony is if Allred had ever actually practiced law in her life rather than just fronting an elaborate legalized bribery service she'd have known how fake that D.A thing looked.
    It stood out because he was the ADA at the time. Not the DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The "no comment" Senators never endorsed Moore.

I know Rand has bigger problems but he has tweeted about tax reform and he has yet to withdraw his endorsement, something I hope Moore remembers when he is in the Senate.
    I hope Rand takes whatever course of action is best for him politically, which will probably be an un-endorsement within the next day or two.

I hope Rand takes whatever course of action is best for him politically, which will probably be an un-endorsement within the next day or two.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    At this point I don't think he should. There is nothing proven, all "he said/she said" driven by a WAPO article. If his assistant really did initial "DA", after his signature and they can attest to it or prove it, then the signature is a forgery. Done deal. If Moore wins he will remember Rand was the only one that didn't call for him to get out.
    If Moore wins, and is seated, he'll be an even bigger distraction than he would have been as a run-of-the-mill culture warrior.

I see nothing to be gained from continuing to support him.

It's more a question of how to minimize the damage (Rand should have never endorsed him in the first place).

Had to double-check to see if it was The Texican who wrote this.

Ya, then he should pull his pants down, suck his thumb and walk home

This is war, soldier. You're on the wrong side, thinking you are or pretending to be on the right side.

Roy Moore is pro-small government and against for a non-interventionist foreign policy. I'm not religious, but I could give a flying $#@! about a religious display on Christmas. If that is your big position that you are so concerned about, then maybe you need to reconsider your priorities.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Moore wins, and is seated, he'll be an even bigger distraction than he would have been as a run-of-the-mill culture warrior.

I see nothing to be gained from continuing to support him.

It's more a question of how to minimize the damage (Rand should have never endorsed him in the first place).
    Disagree. There's a reason Rand endorsed him. He didn't have to. They must have seen eye to eye on some important issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Roy Moore is pro-small government and against for a non-interventionist foreign policy.
    Roy Moore is a culture warrior whose obsession with those issues totally overshadows any libertarian-ish inclinations he may have.

Roy Moore is a culture warrior whose obsession with those issues totally overshadows any libertarian-ish inclinations he may have.
    He's not a libertarian so...there's that. But, he obviously had good talks with Rand regarding foreign intervention. Though I'm sure the Democrat in the race is probably closer to your libertarian values.

Disagree. There's a reason Rand endorsed him. He didn't have to. They must have seen eye to eye on some important issues.
    Or Rand mistakenly thought they did, or had some more pragmatic reason for supporting the guy, who knows.

I know that's Rand's motives are sound, so I don't really care why he made this error.

But it was an error and it needs to be corrected, in whatever way is least damaging.

Pretty sure you are more obsessed about how obsessed he is obsessed with those issues than he is..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He's not a libertarian so...there's that. But, he obviously had good talks with Rand regarding foreign intervention. Though I'm sure the Democrat in the race is probably closer to your libertarian values.
    Did you see the post a few pages back where I took a random sample of articles written by Moore at WND (he wrote dozens)?

If not, take a gander, and then tell me he's not totally obsessed with the culture war, to the exclusion of everything else.

Or Rand mistakenly thought they did, or had some more pragmatic reason for supporting the guy, who knows.

I know that's Rand's motives are sound, so I don't really care why he made this error.

But it was an error.
    The Democrat is probably closer to your Libertarian ideology so why don't you just come out and say you support Doug Jones for Senate?

But it was an error and it needs to be corrected, in whatever way is least damaging.
    Rand has warred for Christian culture before, it's my least favorite thing that he does, but I could care less if he does it if he is successful in his overall goals which he is.. I mean, he has almost been killed twice.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you see the post a few pages back where I took a random sample of articles written by Moore at WND (he wrote dozens)?

If not, take a gander, and then tell me he's not totally obsessed with the culture war, to the exclusion of everything else.
    That is unprovable, as a Senator he will have to vote on everything that comes up anyway so his focus won't make much difference if he holds the right positions on important subjects, which he does.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Democrat is probably closer to your Libertarian ideology so why don't you just come out and say you support Doug Jones for Senate?

Amazingly enough some 30 minutes after the presser no synopsis regarding forgery on Google. 2 minutes after the Allred presser there was a transcript and photos for 3 pages.
    Fake news is too busy trotting out liar #6 and liar #7...

Drudge Report comes out strongly against Senate candidate Roy Moore

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/15/drudge-report-comes-out-strongly-against-senate-candidate-roy-moore/866483001/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_ campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore is taking preliminary legal steps to challenge the reporting on the recent allegations that he had multiple relationships with teenagers, by issuing a demand letter to the local Alabama Media Group, the publisher of AL.com, which has been reporting the story following the Washington Post’s story last week. The letter accuses the publication of defamation, libel, slander, fraud, malice, suppression, wantonness, conspiracy, and negligence.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...cal_media.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Was it the press conference?:

Mysterious boom rattles Alabama and no one knows what caused it

http://www.newsweek.com/mysterious-b...-it-was-712050

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is unprovable, as a Senator he will have to vote on everything that comes up anyway so his focus won't make much difference if he holds the right positions on important subjects, which he does.
    Why does Congress routinely jam hundreds of unrelated bills together into an omnibus?

Luther Strange: votes for "clean" debt ceiling hike because McConnell asks him to

Roy Moore: votes for "clean" debt ceiling hike in exchange for McConnell's promise to put a Christmas tree on the Senate floor (next year)

Rand has warred for Christian culture before, it's my least favorite thing that he does, but I could care less if he does it if he is successful in his overall goals which he is.. I mean, he has almost been killed twice.
    99% of Rand's political comments/actions don't revolve around social conservatism.

Again, it's a matter of priority.

I could care less where a politician falls on the cultural spectrum, provided they don't focus on culture to the exclusion of things that matter.

Is the ignorance real or feigned?

From the press conference the yearbook signature is a fake. Did Gloria Allred know or did the woman fake it on her own?

The woman stated she had no contact with Moore after the alleged incident. That was false, Moore was the judge for her divorce decree. Did Gloria Allred know her "client" made a false statement?

I'm still confused how do you retain a lawyer like Gloria Allred when there's no legal case or actions being taken, just holding a press conference.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fake news is too busy trotting out liar #6 and liar #7...
    New Roy Moore accuser

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/new_roy_moore_accuser_he_didnt.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ivanka just came out in support of the accusers.

That settles it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

She caught the Hebrew Flu. It's hard to shake.

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast