Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump Seeks $3.6 Trillion in Spending Cuts to Reshape Government

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    I'm sure there are lots of excuses.
    Trump is trying to root them out as we speak, it is not easy. He could use a little help, do you have any spare time?
    Knowledge is Liberty!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    That may be true. Until Trump fires everyone in Washington, including himself and Congress, then nothing he does is libertarian. His "plan" to spend $40 trillion instead of $43.5 trillion over the next ten years does not impress me.
    Total spending proposed is about what it was last year. Just shifts money around. And doesn't include tax cuts or his infrastructure spending.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/politi...cuts-programs/

the overall proposed spending is about on par with last year, at $4.1 trillion

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Trump is trying to root them out as we speak, it is not easy. He could use a little help, do you have any spare time?
    Trump's government is trying to root out liberty as we speak, it is not easy. He could use a little help, do you have any spare time to shill for liberty?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    For real, honest, alternative news, see the White House press release..
    Uh, no, that's not what I said at all.

I said that listening to the deep state mainstream media is moronic. I did NOT say that what the Trump admin is saying is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    This is objectively untrue. It contradicts the actual budget Trump proposed.
    That depends on whether you get your information from the deep state mainstream media or the Trump administration.
    So, if you "get your information from the...Trump administration", you're getting accurate information, right?

...while if you get your information from "the deep state mainstream media," you aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump's government is trying to root out liberty as we speak, it is not easy. He could use a little help, do you have any spare time to shill for liberty?
    People will forever be gullible. This time the clown is orange.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRobbStark View Post
    People will forever be gullible. This time the clown is orange.
    Orange is a good color for a clown...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Except it's a budget increase. Most likely a big increase. Just wait.
    The first year is not an increase. the actual money spent it the same, despite the Fed increasing the money supply. I think they increase it at least 2% per year. If you are a real libertarian, you should know long term projections are BS.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

I'm sure they're in there somewhere. We poor benighted souls who can't see them will just have to wait for a more enlightened individual to Trumpsplain it for us.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm sure they're in there somewhere. We poor benighted souls who can't see them will just have to wait for a more enlightened individual to Trumpsplain it for us.
    Let's review the options:

A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
    B) Tell us that their authoritarian idol really didn't mean what he said
    C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
    D) Tell us that it's ok because obomba did it first
    E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
    F) Tell us that this is what Liberty and Freedom really mean
    G) Call CPUd names

Just like every politician, not spending as much as was requested is the same as a 'cut'....

It doesn't matter which parties clown is at the helm the vernacular is identical....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to r3volution 3.0 again.
    The first year is a budget cut, because spending is about the same, but the Fed increases the money supply by 2% each year (or more). The other years are irrelevant, long term projections are BS.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Just like every politician, not spending as much as was requested is the same as a 'cut'....

It doesn't matter which parties clown is at the helm the vernacular is identical....
    Trump is different, he put in department heads in advance who are asking for real cuts up front. The media usually focuses on what the department head wants because he is the "expert". Trump has again turned the tables on the big government media.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

The first year is a budget cut, because spending is about the same, but the Fed increases the money supply by 2% each year (or more). The other years are irrelevant, long term projections are BS.
    That's like going to get a hair cut and them not cutting anything because its just growing back.

Let's review the options:

A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
    B) Tell us that their authoritarian idol really didn't mean what he said
    C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
    D) Tell us that it's ok because obomba did it first
    E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
    F) Tell us that this is what Liberty and Freedom really mean
    G) Call CPUd names
    Looks like "A" is the tactic for this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

That's like going to get a hair cut and them not cutting anything because its just growing back.
    What's your idea? I am sure you have a better idea than Trump.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

What's your idea? I am sure you have a better idea than Trump.
    Cut Taxes and Cut spending, when Reagan cut the taxes revenue increased the debt went up also though because spending wasn't cut. Cut the military spending not defense spending. March the troops back home, and stop intervening in the middle east, and funding terrorism.

@nikcers @r3volution 3.0 Stop feeding the Trolileo Trolilei. Just set it to ignore and say something interesting and insightful for real members to respond to instead of wasting your time. We gotta take the oxygen out of the dumpster fire that is the RPF troll brigade.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

@nikcers @r3volution 3.0 Stop feeding the Trolileo Trolilei. Just set it to ignore and say something interesting and insightful for real members to respond to instead of wasting your time. We gotta take the oxygen out of the dumpster fire that is the RPF troll brigade.
    This works for tampermonkey and probably greasemonkey:

Code:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name         IggyFoReal
    // @namespace    IFR
    // @version      0.1
    // @description really ignore someone on RPFs
    // @author       CPUd
    // @Match        http://*.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php*
    // @Match        http://*.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php*
    // @Match        http://*.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php*
    // @grant       GM_getValue
    // @grant       GM_setValue
    // @grant       GM_log
    // @require http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs.../jquery.min.js
    // ==/UserScript==

(function() {
        var ignoredUserList = {};
        var users = GM_getValue("ignoredUsersIFR","");
        if (users) {
            ignoredUserList = JSON.parse (users);
        }

if (window.location.href.includes("profile.php?do=ignorelist")){
           $('#ignorelist li').each(function(idx, li) {
              ignoredUserList[$(li).attr('id')] = $(li).text().trim();
               GM_setValue ("ignoredUsersIFR",  JSON.stringify (ignoredUserList) );
           });
       } else if (window.location.href.includes("forumdisplay.php")){
           GM_log("threads:"+$('#threads li.threadbit').length);
           $('#threads li.threadbit > div > div > div > div > div > span > a').each(function(idx, li) {
               for (var i in ignoredUserList){
                 if ($(li).text() === ignoredUserList[i]){
                  //GM_log("X:"+author.text());
                    $(li).parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().hide();
                 }
               }
           });
       } else {
        $('div.postrow:contains(\'This message is hidden because\')').parents('.postbody').each(
            function () {
                $(this).parent().hide();
        });
        //$('li.threadbit > div:first > div:first, [title=\'\']:not(ul)').parent().hide();
      }
    })();
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cut Taxes and Cut spending, when Reagan cut the taxes revenue increased the debt went up also though because spending wasn't cut. Cut the military spending not defense spending. March the troops back home, and stop intervening in the middle east, and funding terrorism.
    This is a bigger tax cut than Reagan's, at least what Trump proposed.

Trump will bring most of the troops home. Trump is using the demand-side strategy to cut military spending. The supply-side tactic never works.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

When the debt started to soar following the tax cuts he signed, Reagan then also signed what was at the time the biggest tax INCREASE in US history (under the guise of not raising tax rated but closing "loopholes" (deductions).

With Trump's plan, total spending is not being reduced either. Increases in military spending are off-setting cuts in other programs. The "$1.3 trillion in cuts" is a reduction from potential increases taken over a decade- no actual, numeric reductions from where we are right now.

I like reading the fake news and troll-stream media because it gives me a good idea of what other people think. I remember how long before I joined this forum I was a lurker and just read those comments and they infuriated me enough to join this forum to refute them. I thought about all of the potential people reading this forum. Plus sometimes old-timers members will correct me when I am wrong on things, unless i piss them off too bad -I am always open to new ideas.

Trump will bring most of the troops home.
    Home from where when? Based on what?

Trump is using the demand-side strategy to cut military spending. The supply-side tactic never works.
    No idea what you're talking about.

I think this is more selective (mis)interpretation of Trump's ravings. The man is a political Ouija board - His supporters always seem to find the things that they want to hear in amongst all of the nonsense that pours out of the man's mouth.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Home from where when? Based on what?
    Someplace, sometime, based on his long history of keeping his word.

No idea what you're talking about.
    "the supply side tactic never works" = attempt to justify Trump's huge increase in military spending

"Trump is using the demand side strategy" = speculation that Trump will end wars to reduce the need for military spending

...after first increasing military spending, of course.

I hear you, but they'll be fed regardless (by each other, if necessary), so I figure it's best to refute them for the sake of the lurkers.

Or maybe I'm just a masochist.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-28-2017 at 06:12 PM.

RPOS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...79531641741313

I thought about all of the potential people reading this forum. Plus sometimes old-timers members will correct me when I am wrong on things, unless i piss them off too bad -I am always open to new ideas.
    I figure it's best to refute them for the sake of the lurkers.

I hear y'all, but no reasonable person reading this thread will be swayed by Trolileo Trolilei's claim that 4,094 or 5,708 is smaller 4,062. And you aren't going to change anyone who when being shown Trump's own proposal direct from the White House website several times by several members is simply pretending it isn't so and trying to gaslight people. If you stop giving trolls like them attention they will either move on, or have severely reduced power.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234