Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. senators seek answers on U.S. presence in Niger after ambush

U.S. senators seek answers on U.S. presence in Niger after ambush

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-senator...151539401.html

U.S. senators seek answers on U.S. presence in Niger after ambush.

You have to freaking read this article. The hypocrisy on display by graham and McCain are at epic levels. All of a sudden, we need to revisit the aumf? when it was these same scumbags attacking Randal just this year for trying to do exactly that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They actually voted for this partnership with Niger. But when things suddenly go bad, its "oops I didn't know about it". god damn pimps
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Graham and Schumer said they had been unaware of the large U.S. presence in the country and said Congress needs more information on what could become a long and open-ended involvement.

"I didn't know there was 1,000 troops in Niger," Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press. "This is an endless war without boundaries and no limitation on time and geography," he added. "You've got to tell us more and he [McCain] is right to say that."
    The really sad thing is that there are people who will believe this.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You have to freaking read this article. The hypocrisy on display by graham and McCain are at epic levels.
    Democrat Schumer said "We need to look at this carefully. Congress may need to re-examine the current authorization for what he said could be a long, open-ended involvement in the country and region.This is a brave new world. There are no set battle plans,"

You have to freaking read this article. The hypocrisy on display by graham and McCain are at epic levels. All of a sudden, we need to revisit the aumf? when it was these same scumbags attacking Randal just this year for trying to do exactly that.
    For reference, from july:
    https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...ization-debate

One of the Paul amendments would provide for a sunset of the 2001 and 2002 authorizations for use of force, according to a tweet from Paul’s senior strategist Doug Stafford.

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer of New York said at a Friday news conference that he, McCain and Armed Services ranking member Jack Reed attempted to work the matter out with Paul on the floor overnight, but couldn’t.
    2 of the scumbags quoted in the article tried to stop Randal from getting a sunset of the AUMF just a few months ago.

For reference, from july:
    https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...ization-debate

2 of the scumbags quoted in the article tried to stop Randal from getting a sunset of the AUMF just a few months ago.
    They don't want to get rid of the AUMF, they want it expanded.

I would cut right to the chase and blame Jules .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I didn't know there was 1,000 troops in Niger," Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press. "This is an endless war without boundaries and no limitation on time and geography," he added. "You've got to tell us more and he [McCain] is right to say that."

lol...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They don't want to get rid of the AUMF, they want it expanded.
    are you suggesting that there are actually limits to the existing AUMF? I was not aware of any.

Why were American service members in Niger?

Michael Morell: Niger faces a significant threat from a robust Al-Qaeda group and a growing ISIS group. Both of those are located in Mali, but they come across that border and conduct attacks in Niger. Americans might ask, you know, why were we there, helping the Nigerians and the answer is while this is a regional threat today, it could be a threat to Europe tomorrow and it could be a threat to the homeland the day after that. So we're there trying to keep this under control so that it doesn't become a significant threat to the United States. It's a policy that makes sense. I support it.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would cut right to the chase and blame Jules .
    Too late, Jules is now head over heels about some Nebraskan.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

are you suggesting that there are actually limits to the existing AUMF? I was not aware of any.
    U.S. will expand counterterrorism focus in Africa
    Graham added that he supported Mattis’s plans, and that the secretary had pledged to work more closely with lawmakers to keep them informed about expanding operations and newly identified threats for Congress to exercise oversight authority.
    Graham said that other changes to the Pentagon’s counterterrorism policy would include the adoption of a “status-based targeting” system for suspected terrorists, meaning troops will be able to use lethal force against a suspected member of a terrorist organization even if that person does not pose an immediate threat.
    He said Mattis had informed them that the military would also be changing how it decides when to use ground troops and when troops should be deployed in more of an advisory role.

SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM: I don't know. I’m arguing that the current authorization as long as it’s related to radical Islam--the military determines who the threats are --I didn’t know there was a thousand troops in Niger -- because this is an endless war without boundaries, no limitation on time or geography--, you gotta tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM: "this is an endless war without boundaries, no limitation on time or geography"
    OMG
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-24-2017 at 05:23 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    OMG
    At least he's honest...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    OMG
    US Preparing to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert

This is yet one more step in ensuring that we’re prepared,” Gen. David Goldfein, Air Force chief of staff, said “I look at it more as not planning for any specific event, but more for the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in and how we ensure we’re prepared going forward.”
    Goldfein and other senior defense officials stressed that the alert order had not been given, but that preparations were under way in anticipation that it might come.

"this is an endless war without boundaries, no limitation on time or geography"
    America’s most elite troops deployed to 138 nations in 2016, according to U.S. Special Operations Command. The map above displays the locations of 132 of those countries; 129 locations (blue) were supplied by U.S. Special Operations Command; 3 locations (red) -- Syria, Yemen and Somalia -- were derived from open-source information. (Nick Turse)

We're freaking everywhere.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

We're freaking everywhere.

Cowards flinch first. Looky at all those flinchers.
    U.S.A. -home of elite cowards who follow flinching orders.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The really sad thing is that there are people who will believe this.
    Like this tool ->
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    At least he's honest...

Thanks, I was waiting to see who the first person would be to come in here and commend McCain and Graham for their "honesty"

Not surprised, you were on my top 3 list for sure.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    They actually voted for this partnership with Niger. But when things suddenly go bad, its "oops I didn't know about it". god damn pimps
    The only reason there haven't been mutinies, the really threatening kind where generals die on pikes and the capital is firebombed, during the WoD/WoT is because of our all-volunteer military. These fools are some lucky sons of bitches we're so civilized. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Like this tool ->

Thanks, I was waiting to see who the first person would be to come in here and commend McCain and Graham for their "honesty"

Not surprised, you were on my top 3 list for sure.
    You're #1 on my list of people unable to recognize that this is the fault of the executive.

You're #1 on my list of people unable to recognize that this is the fault of the executive.
    lol.. now you are blaming Trump for your stupidity...

lol.. now you are blaming Trump for your stupidity...
    Yep; I was right.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep; I was right.
    lol, ya, McCain and Graham are so concerned about our out of control foreign policy - you keep believing that $#@! - in the mean time every serious forum member is laughing at you.

Senator John McCain does not appear to be scared of Trump

Politics 5 hours ago
    The senator responded with laughter when asked if he was scared of the president.
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/922532681086316544

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-senator...151539401.html

U.S. senators seek answers on U.S. presence in Niger after ambush.

Lindsey Graham has already offered some answers that next war on terra front is going to be Africa now that terrists have been pushed out of Mideast and into Africa.
    In this whack a mole pursuit, are Europe, Antarcatica to see US freedom wars next? Luckily North America is defended by the sees and the upcoming Wall and impact of freedom fireworks started in Iraq based on triths would only visit various other continents one by one.

In related news, Senators are curious about other military operatuons too:

'This is totally unacceptable': Pentagon leaders pressed for more details about Afghan war plan
    Dan Lamothe
    OCTOBER 3, 2017
    The Pentagon's top leaders defended the Trump administration's new strategy for Afghanistan in detail Tuesday, saying it will last as long as is needed and includes provisions under which U.S. troops will be placed alongside Afghan troops at lower levels of command to provide them with better coalition air support.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, described the strategy in separate hearings before the Senate and House armed services committee as an effort to win, rather than not lose, a conflict that began 16 years ago. They faced skeptical lawmakers, including committee chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., who lambasted a lack of transparency by the administration about its plans.

"In the six weeks since the president made his announcement, this committee and the Congress, more broadly, still does not know many of the crucial details of this strategy," McCain said. "This is totally unacceptable. I repeat: This is totally unacceptable."

Over 200 killed, Trump's Afghan war escalation failing already?

lol, ya, McCain and Graham are so concerned about our out of control foreign policy
    Nobody said that.

You keep on fighting an army of strawmen during your crusade of knee-jerk Trump apologism. Meanwhile, every serious forum member is laughing at you.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Last edited by AZJoe; 10-24-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast